As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game

• Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The original question only involved Political leaders as President. Everybody knows that Helo's re roll makes superior to all others.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Nah, he's better XOing President Baltar or President (Ellen) Tigh.

Especially if your pilot turns cylon- Helo can jump in a viper, but not when he's stuck in the president's office...

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Helo is a Military Leader/Pilot. His re roll is amazing. Even his downside is not that bad. You miss one turn. I will have to play him the next chance I get. :)

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There will finally be a BSG game this weekend. A five player event. I will update results, if anything interesting or exciting happens.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Helo is a Military Leader/Pilot. His re roll is amazing. Even his downside is not that bad. You miss one turn. I will have to play him the next chance I get. :)

Caveat: Helo playing in the latter part of one of our epic (10 player) games is pretty meh. Not being on the board for like a half of the game really is a big drawback :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea Realizing this in the 7 player game, that if your towards the back end of the turn order a lot can happen before you get in the game

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't think I'd pick Helo if I wasn't first player. That being said, I don't think I'd willingly subject myself to a 10 player game in person...

antherem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Quick question: can you have multiple basestars in a single location (ie, two at 11 o'clock)?

Absolutely.

antherem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You might have to stack things a bit to get two basestars + friends into one space area, but it's completely legal under the rules. Three, however, is right out.

antherem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    antherem wrote: »
    Quick question: can you have multiple basestars in a single location (ie, two at 11 o'clock)?

Absolutely.

I'm personally a fan of using Cavil's OPG (or better yet an XO) to warp in two basestars at once just after a jump... Obviously in the same location.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ah I see.

Yeah, there's certainly nothing against it in the rules, though the cylons would probably prefer the basestars be in different areas, just so that the raiders group up less.

El Skid on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I need a replacement player to take over the role of Saul "Toaster" Tigh in my BSG PBP; the game is nearly finished (Distance 10, Resources 1/6/2/2) and I'd like someone who's active during US daytime.

PM me if you're up for it; I may wind up just taking the first responder.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I attended a five player game over the weekend and I played Gaius Baltar. We had a newbie player make the loyalty deck. After all players received their cards, the question came up " Did I do that correctly? " We all chose to reveal our cards and deal loyalty again. On the first deal I was a double Cylon.

We all kept the same players and skill cards. Destiny was dealt once again and I started off as a Cylon.

Out of 4 Cylon cards , I received three in the first round. I'm not sure about the Math, but Cylon cards like me. lol

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DoctorStrongBad is my new Saul Tigh.

Rius on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Question: If Helo is the highest ranking Military officer at the start of the game, does he receive the Admiral title even though he's not on Galactica?

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    Question: If Helo is the highest ranking Military officer at the start of the game, does he receive the Admiral title even though he's not on Galactica?

He starts as the Admiral yes.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    TheMadjai wrote: »

Yes - he can still make Admiral Chooses (etc.) decisions and pick a destination if you manage to jump before his second turn. The only thing he can't do right off the bat is use a nuke since that's an action.

Tenek on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That screws up my flavor text, you guys. How can the Admiral see a Cylon tracking device in the CIC if he's not even there???!?!??

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    An Opera House vision.

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My game is getting pretty epic. Humans have 2 morale and just barely cleared a -1 Morale skill check, and now there's another one in play.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    My game is getting pretty epic. Humans have 2 morale and just barely cleared a -1 Morale skill check, and now there's another one in play.

Your game got epic right around the sleeper phase, with the Fleet That Wouldn't Die.

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tenek wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

Your game got epic right around the sleeper phase, with the Fleet That Wouldn't Die.

I KNOW RIGHT

The post-game summary on Game 22 is going to be insane.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Absolutely. Caveats:

-You only draw one card per turn you sit in the Resurrection Ship
    -You can't play them after New Caprica starts until Galactica returns
    -It takes 2 turns per Super Crisis (one to draw, one to play)

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Pegasus, can a Cylon really sit in the Ressurection Ship drawing Super Crisis after Super Crisis, then go to Caprica and play them turn after turn?

I think the oddest part of this is (as you've done) a Cylon Leader can do that on turn 2.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Pegasus, can a Cylon really sit in the Ressurection Ship drawing Super Crisis after Super Crisis, then go to Caprica and play them turn after turn?

They *can*, but I'm not sure they'd want to. Spending 4 Cylon turns fishing for Massive Assault or Bomb Colonial One is pretty much handing the humans a silver platter with a prime, juicy cut on it labeled "the game".

antherem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Super Crisis cards are nice, but there are better options for the Cylons. I think Cylon Fleet and Caprica " Pick one of two Crisis " is the way to go.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like being a cylon in that you have to be very adaptive to the situation on the board.

if there are centurions aboard, you could activate heavy raiders
    if there are civilians in danger, you could activate raiders
    if a resource is getting low, check out crises and see if you can't focus on failing resources, and/or get a cylon fleet in.
    Farming super crisis cards would be very effective in a 3-4 player game, but I can't see taking up too many turns doing it in a 6 player affair- the humans just get too many turns to run rampant while you're farming them, while you're only drawing 1 skill card per 6 turns and can't really hinder them. Not to mention you're unlikely to get enough turns to use more than a couple if you start later in the game.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It does take skill to play an effective Cylon. Some players have told me that being a Cylon is Easy Mode. I disagree with them.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    probably starting on Monday, I will be running a six-player game on another forum with the variant Razor Cut rules that a guy on BGG came up with. who knows what might happen!!

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    probably starting on Monday, I will be running a six-player game on another forum with the variant Razor Cut rules that a guy on BGG came up with. who knows what might happen!!

What forum? How do I sign up?

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And the award for tenacity goes to Rius' humans...

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes; BSG Game 22 has finally ended with the Human Fleet adrift in space. I've posted some interesting info about the game in my thread; please feel free to contribute to the discussion there.

I'll probably start up another game soon. I sort of want to run a game with some Pegasus elements; I like the other kinds of Skill Cards, the Treachery cards and the other characters, but I'd probably still limit it to 5 players. Maybe 6 with a Cylon Leader, but I'm not a big fan of Cylon Leaders.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anyone running a Pegasus game; could you PM me? I could use a spreadsheet with the Pegasus cards and a copy of the Pegasus gameboard.

Rius on
  • Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thought I'd share the button I just ordered for PAX
    guynormal-2.jpg

From
    clip_image002.jpg

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thought I'd share the button I just ordered for PAX
    guynormal-2.jpg

From
    clip_image002.jpg

That is awesomely amazing. 8-)

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Played my first Pegasus the other day. Is it just me, or are sympathetic Cylon Leaders kind of screwed when it comes to New Caprica?

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Played my first Pegasus the other day. Is it just me, or are sympathetic Cylon Leaders kind of screwed when it comes to New Caprica?

If you forgot to infiltrate before you got there, yeah, there isn't a lot you can do, though Leoben can clean up the Destiny Deck if nothing else.

antherem on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The last time I played we used the expansion , except for New Caprica. The humans won.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What this place needs is a new game.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=126703

Hurry and sign up! Plus if you act now, we'll throw in this delightful tent on New Caprica absolutely free! (Getting there is your problem, though.)

Tenek on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Doctorstrongbad on