As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Breakin the Law!

JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Social Entropy++
My dad drives insanely fast, and aggressive. He never gets into accidents, and only rarely gets speeding tickets. He has developed some sort of ESP that alerts him to speed traps and has special skill in just going undetected.

Some of this skill I have picked up on. I am driving on the interstate where the speed limit is 55 mph, I am travelling around 75 mph. Suddenly I get this little tingle, like hmmm, traffic is flowing pretty fast today, this is kind of odd. I see an Ambulance coming up from behind me, it doesn't have the lights and sirens on but it is definitely trucking. With my little blue Toyota MR-2 I get out of it's way, then tuck in behind it to get cover.

Sure enough, as we crest the hill, my car blocked by the large square ambulance, a cop is clocking people. I sail right on through, hidden by the wonderful ambulance that knows it has a right to speed and does so willingly.

This thread is about cop stories, whether you made a successful getaway in a car or had a funny situation with the law.

Jigrah on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    jigrah

please.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ahahahahaa Fari you got jailed for cosbyons?

YaYa on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jigrah

Faricazy on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I fought the law.
    and the law won.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My dad could beat up your dad Jigrah.

Mainly because I know your dad can't lay down a beating because you always look like you are in sore need of one.

Blake T on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    please

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got pulled for swerving because my headlight switch broke and I had to hold the damn thing in with one hand while driving with the other. And it isn't just a tiny button, it is an old truck so the switch is rather large and takes more than a finger to hold down.

Of course he just told me to get it fixed as soon as I can.

Turns out I can just press it really hard and it will stick.

edit: Time warp made the second post very confusing.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, Fari

Fari Fari Fari

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whoa the forum's timing is taking a shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    this is the first time i've been jailed that i think i didn't deserve it

every other time i've been jailed/banned i basically had it coming

Pony on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This reminds me of the last time I saw TDL post

:(

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    My dad could beat up your dad Jigrah.

Mainly because I know your dad can't lay down a beating because you always look like you are in sore need of one.

Did your dad beat you Blaket, would you like to share it with us? You can use this thread, about how your dad evaded social services.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    this is going to devolve into an internet badass thread real quick

huh lookit the smartass over here
    maybe I should beat him up

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I saw a cop one time

He gave me a free sticker :D

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Watchmen thread dudes

I'd just like to say that that was one of the funniest internet events I've ever been involved in

thank you

YaYa on
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My step-father is a retired police officer. I think one of these days I am going to give him a recorder and have him document all the funny shit that he's done.

Linksville on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    B&E and GTA are how we pass time here.

I wish that were a joke.

But it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Graves on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Back when the new mustangs first came out, my uncle got into his and stopped at a red light next to a cop and drag raced him.

He won a ticket but it was all in good fun too. :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Sgt EversmanSgt Eversman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was those tachyons.

and (fun)

Sgt Eversman on
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome.
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    Watchmen thread dudes

I'd just like to say that that was one of the funniest internet events I've ever been involved in

thank you
    word son

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    this is going to devolve into an internet badass thread real quick

Would you believe I was actually about to make an Internet Tough Guy thread

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    Watchmen thread dudes

thank you

i got lumped in with you guys and i'm not happy about it

Pony on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I drive within the speed limit, miscreants

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Linksville wrote: »
    My step-father is a retired police officer. I think one of these days I am going to give him a recorder and have him document all the funny shit that he's done.

One of my friends' stepfathers is a retired NYC cop.

I ended up sitting up until 3am with this dude once just listening to him tell stories about crazy fucks he dealt with on a daily basis.

Then he talked about people who weren't in uniform.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I jumped a motorcycle over a shark

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jigrah

you made a thread

boasting that you tailgated an ambulence while speeding to avoid a ticket

internettoughguy.jpg

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pony: we did it because we were compelled

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hey guys can we turn this into a puppy thread

because my new puppy comes on friday and i am all kinds of excited about him

@pony stop whining you knew what you were in for

Sgt Eversman on

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Occasionally I will J-Walk. 8-)

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    One time I was at Weaver's place and his roommate's friends or somebody was talking about how they were driving drunk and getting away with it and how cool it was and I was very, very close to turning around and telling them that I honestly wished they would wrap their car around a tree and die slowly and painfully.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Back when the new mustangs first came out, my uncle got into his and stopped at a red light next to a cop and drag raced him.

Hahaha

Yesterday this car and I were cruising down a road with lots of lights, we were playing a game of who would hit the light just right (its red, so you go slow until you think it's going to turn green then just go for it). We were going back and forth, hitting a red light, making it just barely past one, then the other would catch up, lot of fun.

We are both cruising for this one light, it's green but we both know it's going to turn yellow any second. We both give it gas and bam, turns yellow. I know that I can't make it though and definitly would run it, so I slam on the brakes and he high tails it for the light. Turns red just as his hood hits the intersection, then a flash goes off as the camera takes a picture.

I felt pretty bad for him, or her, not sure.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Jigrah

you made a thread

boasting that you tailgated an ambulence while speeding to avoid a ticket

internettoughguy.jpg

Alright, how about I talk about how I am afraid of the dark then, just to even things out a bit.

Would that give you a more balanced view of me?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

guys

puppies

Sgt Eversman on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    One time I was at Weaver's place and his roommate's friends or somebody was talking about how they were driving drunk and getting away with it and how cool it was and I was very, very close to turning around and telling them that I honestly wished they would wrap their car around a tree and die slowly and painfully.

I was playing poker with some guys, one of them brings up his driving drunk, getting pulled over and the officer let him go.

People are like man, good job, you were lucky. Then he smiles, looks at his cards, turns his head back up again.

"Not really, definitely wrapped my car around a tree and spent the next month in a hospital."

We were all like D:

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    Occasionally I will J-Walk. 8-)

YYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

caruso.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    all in all i feel pretty fortunate

i've never seen a day of court

i've been arrested, brought in for questioning, etc.

but i've never really been busted for anything

is pretty nice, i guess

Pony on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

Hahaha

Yesterday this car and I were cruising down a road with lots of lights, we were playing a game of who would hit the light just right (its red, so you go slow until you think it's going to turn green then just go for it). We were going back and forth, hitting a red light, making it just barely past one, then the other would catch up, lot of fun.

We are both cruising for this one light, it's green but we both know it's going to turn yellow any second. We both give it gas and bam, turns yellow. I know that I can't make it though and definitly would run it, so I slam on the brakes and he high tails it for the light. Turns red just as his hood hits the intersection, then a flash goes off as the camera takes a picture.

I felt pretty bad for him, or her, not sure.

So what you are saying here is that it is cool to speed but not to run lights?

Blake T on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i got a ticket for being out past curfew when i was 17 years old. two weeks away from my 18th birthday. me and a couple of my friends just got done watching the simpsons and decided to grab some big gulps from 7/11. this was around 11:30 or so at night

so we walk on in. i notice a lady cop chillin' about, but i pay her no mind. dude just wants himself a big gulp. so we grab our gulps, pay, and make our way back to my car. BUT! before we can get in the cop follows us out and asks how old we are. both my friends reply with 18, while i say 17. i don't see what the big deal is, my license says i can drive til 1 so i can only assume that i can be out til then.

boy was i wrong! cop writes me a ticket and then i have to call my mom to pick me up (who not only was asleep at this time but also lives about 20 minutes across town) because i need a guardian to vouch for taking me home. so 20-25 minutes later my mom shows up in her pjs and drives me back to my friend's place while one of my friends drives my car back.

the whole incident was pretty :|

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

guys

puppies
    Dude we adopted a greyhound today and even though he isn't a puppy anymore he is fucking awesooooooome.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »

I was playing poker with some guys, one of them brings up his driving drunk, getting pulled over and the officer let him go.

People are like man, good job, you were lucky. Then he smiles, looks at his cards, turns his head back up again.

"Not really, definitely wrapped my car around a tree and spent the next month in a hospital."

We were all like D:

Too bad he didn't die.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB