Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] you could drive a bus through

RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
all honking and dragging a bunch of rusty bikes

RiemannLives on
What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
«13456746

Posts

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Yeah facebook has an im protocol sure

    Which has massive security problems. If you chat via facebook anyone on your local network (eg: everyone on the wireless at the coffee shop you are chatting from) can with very little effort receive and read (as it is not encrypted) your conversation.

    I think there are much bigger issues if someone is chatting about confidential info at a coffee shop...

    Compared to even normal IM clients like AIM or ICQ the facebook chat app has security holes you could drive a bus through all honking and dragging a bunch of rusty bikes.

    It broadcasts messages in the clear to everyone on the public IP of the receiver.

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    The Facebook thing looks fun but if I joined it you'd all know my name.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Variable just sent me pictures of his cock on Facebook IM. Jump in, Res. It's fun!

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Also, what the hell man Elki. I don't know how to start no Chats. Then bam, two in a week.

    Give it to Tav or something next time. I am running experiments to see how many lab rats I can give cancer just by exposing them to the music he posts in Chat.
    Spoiler:

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Man, this is a pretty well written series. Its main fault is that everything fits a bit too well.

    It's kinda Whedonian.

  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Also, what the hell man Elki. I don't know how to start no Chats. Then bam, two in a week.

    Give it to Tav or something next time. I am running experiments to see how many lab rats I can give cancer just by exposing them to the music he posts in Chat.
    Spoiler:

    You're just a good accidental sniper.

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, this is a pretty well written series. Its main fault is that everything fits a bit too well.

    It's kinda Whedonian.

    Which series?

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I friended everyone on facebook I didn't already have as a friend. ah.

    one person I didn't add to the penny-arcade list in my friends though. gotta remember to do that.

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goodnight, internet

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, this is a pretty well written series. Its main fault is that everything fits a bit too well.

    It's kinda Whedonian.

    Is everyone dying just when you come to love them?

    steam_sig.png
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, this is a pretty well written series. Its main fault is that everything fits a bit too well.

    It's kinda Whedonian.

    Which series?

    It's an old Arab series about spies and such.

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Variable just sent me pictures of his cock on Facebook IM. Jump in, Res. It's fun!

    I actually can't. Even though I got kicked out because my grades sucked I'm still under the non-disclosure terms of my internship. And I've posted about that internship on here. So if I connect these posts to a name their vaginas will get all sandy.

    I'll totally join that thing in a few months though if I remember.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Yeah facebook has an im protocol sure

    Which has massive security problems. If you chat via facebook anyone on your local network (eg: everyone on the wireless at the coffee shop you are chatting from) can with very little effort receive and read (as it is not encrypted) your conversation.

    I think there are much bigger issues if someone is chatting about confidential info at a coffee shop...

    Compared to even normal IM clients like AIM or ICQ the facebook chat app has security holes you could drive a bus through all honking and dragging a bunch of rusty bikes.

    It broadcasts messages in the clear to everyone on the public IP of the receiver.

    Fair enough. Now, I need to learn how to ... um ... utilize this...

    工事中
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_tranquility

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranquility_Base

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    I think they chose it because it's sort of like the winning name that wasn't Colbert, because they didn't want to choose Colbert but if they used Serenity they'd basically be saying "Ok we can name it anything except Colbert." And that just wouldn't be cool.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm very glad they didn't name it colbert

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_tranquility

    Yes, there is a place like that one the moon... What's your point?

  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_tranquility

    Yes, there is a place like that one the moon... What's your point?

    My point is that's probably why they went with Tranquility, not because it was similar to Serenity.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, I'm off to bed. I leave you all to bask in the glory of my stealth-mode achewood chat.

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HAI GAIZ! I CUT HARE! WUT U TINK!

    (spoilered for SEXY)
    Spoiler:

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    Honestly Stephen Colbert is not someone I'd want to be mad at me.

    Like if I thought it would piss him off to pass him over for a space station node's name, I'd just give him the damn node. It's not like anyone knows the names of any of the other nodes on the damn thing.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    I'm really glad it wasn't Serenity.

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_tranquility

    Yes, there is a place like that one the moon... What's your point?

    Does that particular place on the moon ring any bells? That perhaps something important may have happened there at some time?

    What you think "makes sense" has nothing to do with reality. It just has to do with your life experience. And your life experience may only be a small smidgen of reality. Possibly even a distorted account of reality at that. So what this means is that, beginning in the 20th century as our means of decoding nature became more and more powerful, we started realizing our common sense is no longer a tool to pass judgment on whether or not a scientific theory is correct. - Neil Degrasse Tyson
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    if i 'respond' to a tweet, does it just go on my twitter page or does the person necessarily see it?

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    gundam470 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    gundam470 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Speaking of Whedon, I heard on the Colbert Report that they're calling the new space station node the Tranquility, even though the online poll that was supposed to determine the name voted Colbert number one and Serenity number two.

    I guess they chose Tranquility because it's sorta like Serenity, except that it's not the name of a Firefly-class spaceship.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_tranquility

    Yes, there is a place like that one the moon... What's your point?

    My point is that's probably why they went with Tranquility, not because it was similar to Serenity.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Serenitatis

    I'm just saying, the people probably voted for Serenity because of the Firefly reference. As for as moon geography is concerned, Serenity is just as valid a choice.

  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare_Serenitatis

    I'm just saying, the people probably voted for Serenity because of the Firefly reference. As for as moon geography is concerned, Serenity is just as valid a choice.
    Maybe, but I think first moon landing trumps last.

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    if i 'respond' to a tweet, does it just go on my twitter page or does the person necessarily see it?
    the person will see it, it sends them a notification thingy usually, or at least if they're following you

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh cool, Var added me.



    Hey, you're not David Cross!

    08owef8ecd0o.jpg

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    embrace the martian

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy I'm da BEST! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I enjoy candy.

    toadsig.jpg
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    of course fluffy. I forgot about the group for way too long.

    goodnight everyone.

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    I enjoy candy.

    Good man.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well I'm dead in the Suikophalla, and I was having tons of fun too. :(

    But I'll go back to playing Suikoden and continue to have tons of fun!

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited April 2009
    The cop episode of In Plain Sight is my favorite.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    fucking friend keeps coming to ask me for help on this problem set i havent even finished i just want to go to sleep and i am cranky and irrated but i dont wanna tell him off because he is my friend and has helped me before but damn dude stop wasting my time, if you got a question just fucking ask something, if not getttttout

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy I'm da BEST! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wazilla wrote: »
    Boo you all suck

    That's accurate.

    toadsig.jpg
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I just spent the last 20 minutes or so copy song lyrics to study.

    Before that, I was practicing Kanji for like 10-15 minutes.

    ... My hand hurts now :(

    工事中
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wazilla wrote: »
    Boo you all suck
    SHUT UP CUNT WAD

    | Steam & XBL: Shazkar | 3DS: 3110-5421-3843 | SS Wishlists |
«13456746
This discussion has been closed.