As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines | Team Jacob and Team Edward Eaten by Tzimisces

• Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Right, and there is only one of those. The other two just serve as short routes to your objectives. The Hollywood sewers are easily the most combat-focused section in the game (along with the Vick building and the final area), but it's hardly a big problem in the overall scheme, as long as you've invested even a small bit of experience in your clan disciplines, a single combat skill and/or stealth. Certainly not as damaging to the experience as that Eurogamer dude went off about.

Edit: I forgot about the Giovanni mansion. I don't recall if there are a lot of enemies in there.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I apparently missed out not playing as a Malk female. The other clans are kinda boring except for the last Tremere female outfit.
    Well, while some of the clans are kind of boring they always fit pretty well with the clan's "personality". Brujah and Gangrel aren't going to be flashy dressers because they aren't the sort of people who care about clothes. The Ventrue look appropriately preppy and understated. The only strange ones are the Nosferatu (and of course the malkavians but that's intentional).

Also, I was bitching about the Toreador male's 4th armor but I had forgotten how much worse the third armor was. Toreadors are supposed to be all about style and high fashion and for some reason the dude is wearing a sheepskin Carhartt jacket? Weird.

EDIT: Also, the Giovanni underbasement is overrun with zombies, Cherrn. However, by that point in the game you're so powerful that you can just blow through them with unarmed or melee, and they really don't pose much of a threat.

The only real threats are forgetting to pick up the Saulocept or the Giovanni book and, of course,
    trying to forget Nadia Milliner's creepy sexual fetishes.

"LET'S DO IT RIGHT HERE WHERE THEY CUT UP THE BODIES IT WOULD BE SUCH A RUSH"

Nasty

Duffel on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Duffel wrote: »

Also, I was bitching about the Toreador male's 4th armor but I had forgotten how much worse the third armor was. Toreadors are supposed to be all about style and high fashion and for some reason the dude is wearing a sheepskin Carhartt jacket? Weird.

They're all about style and fashion, which is why he can't stand to get blood on anything nice.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    I apparently missed out not playing as a Malk female. The other clans are kinda boring except for the last Tremere female outfit.
    Well, while some of the clans are kind of boring they always fit pretty well with the clan's "personality". Brujah and Gangrel aren't going to be flashy dressers because they aren't the sort of people who care about clothes. The Ventrue look appropriately preppy and understated. The only strange ones are the Nosferatu (and of course the malkavians but that's intentional).

EDIT: Also, the Giovanni underbasement is overrun with zombies, Cherrn. However, by that point in the game you're so powerful that you can just blow through them with unarmed or melee, and they really don't pose much of a threat.

The only real threats are forgetting to pick up the Saulocept or the Giovanni book and, of course,
    trying to forget Nadia Milliner's creepy sexual fetishes.

"LET'S DO IT RIGHT HERE WHERE THEY CUT UP THE BODIES IT WOULD BE SUCH A RUSH"

Nasty

Whos Nadia Millner?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nadja. The mansion you visit, she's the one you can seduce and she takes you down to the dungeon.

travathian on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Never met her. But then I almost always obfuscate through.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I'm going through my second playthrough of this game, and made a firearms character since I never touched guns the first time. And it seriously blows - the guns are really weak. I understand them being weak against Kindred, but I'm headshotting mortals four or five times to put them down, with good firearms and perception stats. Do any of the fan patches make firearms realistic?

Hensler on
  • Options
    StrikerkcStrikerkc Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    So I'm going through my second playthrough of this game, and made a firearms character since I never touched guns the first time. And it seriously blows - the guns are really weak. I understand them being weak against Kindred, but I'm headshotting mortals four or five times to put them down, with good firearms and perception stats. Do any of the fan patches make firearms realistic?

has a lot to do with what gun you're using also. What are you packing? My ventrue took skulls with his uzi and auto shotgun.

Strikerkc on
  • Options
    travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    None of the early game firearms are very good, nor are your stats for that matter. This is why I normally just stick to powers and melee early on.

travathian on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    Ignore the pop gun completely and use a shotgun at the start. The guns become a lot more powerful later on, but to really rule you need auspex or celerity

Tube on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Warren Nosferatu are jerks to everyone. I imagine a Toreador going in there will just get an anvil dropped on them followed by lots of insane laughter.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What is a Nosferatu playthrough like?

Can you finish all the quests considering you have to stick to the sewers at all times?

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You don't really have to stick to the sewers at all times, and yeah you can do all but one quest. There are a lot of times when you can't take the diplomatic route though, and the playthrough in general isn't much fun.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ignore the pop gun completely and use a shotgun at the start. The guns become a lot more powerful later on, but to really rule you need auspex or celerity

Okay, guess I'll keep playing until I get better guns. Can you even get anything besides the pop gun in the early game (santa monica)?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You get a shotgun pretty early on.

Tube on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You don't really have to stick to the sewers at all times, and yeah you can do all but one quest. There are a lot of times when you can't take the diplomatic route though, and the playthrough in general isn't much fun.

What quest can't you do?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »
    What is a Nosferatu playthrough like?

Can you finish all the quests considering you have to stick to the sewers at all times?

Yeah, you might pop into the sewer occasionally to enjoy the +2 bonus to rats, but otherwise you only get into trouble if you're like arms' reach from a non-hooker NPC.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You can't speak to anyone at the Giovanni mansion. So pretty much the most incredibly minor quest that could possibly be removed. You also have to be referred to Venus's quest through Fat Larry.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Heir wrote: »

What quest can't you do?

I imagine you can't bang Tourette.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Heir wrote: »

What quest can't you do?

I imagine you can't bang Tourette.

Or Romero, I would think.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You can't bang Tourette anyway, just Jeanette, and does anyone seriously give up the xp and go to that kind of effort? I've completed the game god knows how many times and I never have.

Re: Romero, you also can't take the easy route and get him a hooker.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You can't bang Tourette anyway, just Jeanette, and does anyone seriously give up the xp and go to that kind of effort? I've completed the game god knows how many times and I never have.

In the bleakness of our unlife, who would turn down a little insane company?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So I was just killing a bunch of cops in Santa Monica, and after a few waves of them, they turn into vampire cops. Or they at least have the vampire death animation.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Right, I should have known.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Don't judge me just because you prefer the company of the prince El Tubo.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You are so goddamned retarded.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

hahahahahaha

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

hahahahahaha

With the fan patch its practically the expected outcome, it seemed to happen very easily compared to the first 2 or 3 playthroughs where I didnt evne know it was a possibility.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I banged Jeanette every single time. Didn't even know there was an XP reward if I refuse?

Anyway, will make sure to get the XP the next time I go through it. XP is faaaaaaar more important.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think he means that you can't solve Therese's quest if you go that route.

Therese is better anyway.
    Though I realized that if you side with her, she looks heartbroken when you bring up Jeanette.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I was just killing a bunch of cops in Santa Monica, and after a few waves of them, they turn into vampire cops. Or they at least have the vampire death animation.

I've never seen this - maybe Ghouled cops in the employ of one of the bigger Kindred there?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »
    I banged Jeanette every single time. Didn't even know there was an XP reward if I refuse?

Anyway, will make sure to get the XP the next time I go through it. XP is faaaaaaar more important.

the xp is for
    finishing the tourette quest ideally

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Kay wrote: »

I've never seen this - maybe Ghouled cops in the employ of one of the bigger Kindred there?

Ghouls wouldn't ash though. Sounds like a bug to me. I'll go see if I can replicate it.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Probably people ona Blood Hunt for you for killing dozens of cops.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ahahaha if you use thaumaturgy the cops just run away!

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I learned that the fun way. Running around Chinatown with Blood Salvo dropping kine like flies. (Just for kicks)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Really fun game, and one of those rare cases where I have finished game for five times within two years. It was just shame how poor China Town was if compared to rest of the game. It is pretty clear that Troika had planned to have more accessible buildings and quests for the area, but they ran out of money. Still, lovely game.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Ghouls wouldn't ash though. Sounds like a bug to me. I'll go see if I can replicate it.

I know, but in Bloodlines Ghouls do ash, so it may be working as intended?
    At least, the Vicissituded Tzimisce war ghouls do.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    None of the ghouls ash that I can think of, like the ghouls in the Hallowbrook.
    Do Mercurio or Knox ash?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You're right, I'd completely blanked the Ghouls in the Hallowbrook. The ones I mentioned in the spoiler do, though.
    As for Mercurio and Knox, never tried, so I can't tell you.

Kay2 on