As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue: Continuum: Shift: Colons - Changes in OP

• Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll be on again around 12 EST if anyone wants some matches or there's enough people for whatever size lobby. Need to work on Arakune, possibly fool around with Rachel, and definitely work on Tager since my matches with Stoked and Sol have shown him to be quite a scrubby sucka.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DAMNIT, Noel's

->C, throw cancel, Silencer, forward dash, repeat

EDIT: Hell I have trouble doing the ->C, throw cancel, dash, repeat

is fucking tough to do. It's not really really my style. I'll master her air game and Chainvolver downgame and I think I'll be OK.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You really should take the time to get her 6C stuff down, since pretty much all of her high-damage combos use it. Don't forget you can just hold forward as you do 6C -> BC -> 6C

setrajonas on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I got my SF4 fightpad in the mail today :D

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »
    You really should take the time to get her 6C stuff down, since pretty much all of her high-damage combos use it. Don't forget you can just hold forward as you do 6C -> BC -> 6C

Mmm... I'm still getting the basics down. There's a lot of psychology in this I can exploit. Noel's 4D backstep is a great sucker shot and then into her standard chainvolver.

I'm REALLY going to enjoy Rachel or Litchi I think. I was a big fan of Donovan from Darkstalkers.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just went on dustloop for the 1st time yesterday and it's been pretty damn helpful. Taunt combos are a pain though, half the time I whiff the j.d2~b cancel and if its not that I forget to taunt. :?

Anyways, I play with a pad and I'm decent with it, but the feeling that I should seriously try out a stick has been nagging on me. I just don't want to shell out $65 + and then realize I liked the pad better. Should I just buy some cheap one or are those so bad it would ruin my perception of sticks? (not many arcades with BB around here so thats not really an option)

On a side note, It's the best feeling ever to fail again and again at the drive loop, but then get the "You're the Best! Around!" Achievement when you finnaly get it down. :mrgreen:

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Speak to me of beginner Taokaka tips. She reminds me a little of Vega in how she moves.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    1600Points wrote: »
    I slide kick too much with Bang.

It's REALLY hard not to, quite honestly. It's an incredibly fast low attack with ungodly range. I find myself relying on it far too often.

DebaserZbs on
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Speak to me of beginner Taokaka tips. She reminds me a little of Vega in how she moves.

Taokaka is AWESOME! But shes no beginner character like Ragna/Jin/Noel. She takes more skill to put the crazy pressure on, has ZERO defense and the taunt combo (very good damage) takes some mad skills to pull off.

Basically use her like a hit and run character. If you can't keep the pressure on, then back off till you find another opening.

Also Bang players should NOT spam the sweep kick. So easy to punish.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    anilosanilos Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm on live right naw, anyone want to get a lobby going?

anilos on
    Blazblue - gamertag - lfailurel
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, I've figured out that on Hakumen on any of his drive counters you can follow up with 6C into his distortion drive, which is very nice. Except for on his aerial drive counter, I have no idea how I'm supposed to follow up that thing.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, I'm having a slight problem with the Astral Heats. I completed Noel's Arcade mode and got the message saying I unlocked it, but it is not listed in the moves list.

Does it simply not add it to the list for those who need to unlock them?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DebaserZbs wrote: »

It's REALLY hard not to, quite honestly. It's an incredibly fast low attack with ungodly range. I find myself relying on it far too often.

Which is also incredibly easy to punish with a throw into combo.

Had a bang do that earlier where all he did was slide kick, which caught me off guard. But still beat him. :P

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Has anyone else noticed that Iron Tager is the new online cookie? I fought 8 unique accounts of him just this morning.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is Carl Clover viable once I get the hang of controlling his puppet?

As it is, the doll is so slow and he is so short ranged that it's hard to make progress.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Antihippy wrote: »
    DebaserZbs wrote: »

Which is also incredibly easy to punish with a throw into combo.

Had a bang do that earlier where all he did was slide kick, which caught me off guard. But still beat him. :P

Well, yeah. Not going to abuse it, I mean. But it works well when you're slinging nails and playing mostly a throw or air game.

I still want to find a proper use for sticking nails into the wall, but at the same time it just means I have one less nail to use to apply pressure on air riding Jins.

DebaserZbs on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kedinik wrote: »

As it is, the doll is so slow and he is so short ranged that it's hard to make progress.

Heck yeah he is. Carl is all about setting up traps so manipulating his doll correct and putting back to back pressure on your enemy is key.

The doll also serves as a great barrier when used correctly, making it hard for you opponent to pressure back.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Signum Ex SonitusSignum Ex Sonitus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone up for some matches today?

Signum Ex Sonitus on
  • Options
    AJAlkaline40AJAlkaline40 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009

Carl is by far the hardest character to learn in the game. He has some pretty powerful loops, though.

AJAlkaline40 on
    idiot.jpg
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have returned from my excursion into hell itself only to find no mention of Jin's snowboarding ability in the thread title. I call for a mutiny for the next OP.

My blood boils with rage. Who will fight my Bang. Or Jin. Or... RACHEL!?

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Carl is viable once you've mastered Nirvana. After your'e used to using her moves in conjunction with your own (it just takes practice and an arcade stick :D ) then you need to master Carl's tricks. I'm still doing this but my Carl does pretty well online, depending on the matchup.

The key to Carl is just pressure. Use Nirvana as an obstacle/projectile punisher then slide Carl in for a ground loop, or corner pressure. Also learn to punish Barrier Bursts on command. He shines at this moreso than anyone else and the payoff is HUGE.

example: opponent is stuck in a 4K damaging ground loop and is faced with a mix up which will lead to clap loop. He thinks barrier burst, you use gear super. He's getting damaged with the super +50%, and you can dash back in and continue a combo and setup more pressure. This is usually game over. :D

We need more Carl players! I want to practice wth one, but haven't found one on my level yet... :(
    \
    edit: oh if you need help with Carl, I have some experience. Just ask.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been wanting to learn carl for a while, I absolutely love his art and the doll thing seems pretty interesting. It seems like I have to completely relearn the game for him though (coming off of Arakune and Nu).

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    EDIT: Ack, disregard.

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    He's sortof similar to Arakune. Which is why, I'd also like to learn Arakune. Theyr both about mix ups.

edit: watch?v=h9NTglTcAac

Just saw this. Wow, serves that fucker right! Fuck runaways. I would never have thought, high level play would have been so lame with Arakune.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yay my copy arrived. Can't wait to get home, install it, and get back into my old Guilty Gear mode.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    StokedUp wrote: »
    He's sortof similar to Arakune. Which is why, I'd also like to learn Arakune. Theyr both about mix ups.

edit: watch?v=h9NTglTcAac

Just saw this. Wow, serves that fucker right! Fuck runaways. I would never have thought, high level play would have been so lame with Arakune.

Usually I would never find myself rooting for Carl, but kudos to him for taking down that opponent. I use runaway tactics as Bang a lot, but never to the extent that Arakune player did. I was actually laughing when he finally got caught in the claptrap.

DebaserZbs on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, fuck work. I want to go home and drive Ice Cars. Didn't get to play last night, as I suddenly had to take a friend to the airport.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah...fighting Arakune is lame somethings. You either have the people who run all day, or the people who spam overheads and try to get you in the teleport -> special that people stop falling for a while ago.

@Houn: It was funny. I played someone online today and he commited on how much my Jin confused him because I didn't spam Ice Cars all day.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gotta love xbox live. Beat a guy bad enough he quits mid match then Negs your rep for quitting early.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nick T wrote: »
    Gotta love xbox live. Beat a guy bad enough he quits mid match then Negs your rep for quitting early.

Had a guy do the old Street Fighter trick of waiting until I won to pull. And being a person who can't let quitters go without feeling bad about themselves I messaged him asking if that asswhooping I was dishing out somehow broke his internet.

Also, saw what I'm guessing was a hacker today. He had 1600000 incomplete games. Don't even think that is possible at this point.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah...fighting Arakune is lame ALLTHETIME. You either have the people who run all day, or the people who spam overheads and try to get you in the teleport -> special that people stop falling for a while ago.

@Houn: It was funny. I played someone online today and he commited on how much my Jin confused him because I didn't spam Ice Cars all day.

People stopped falling for that? Where's the memo, I fall for it still :(

solsovly on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you babies need to play my Arakune if you think they all do that. :P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Fine, as long as you don't complain when I freeze you and let you cry as you look upon the screen, knowing you can't jump around like a little bitch.

Arakune H8!

PS: Seriously, I'd be up for games, you guys just need to let me know when you're on. I have work.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    maraxusofkeldsmaraxusofkelds Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Sticks are useful, but they take quite a while to get used to. Personally, things like IAD and 360's are easier. I find myself dropping qcf's at end of comboes once in a while, unlike on a pad. I'm still trying to get all the nuances of the stick down.

maraxusofkelds on
    Arguing online is like playing in the special olympics. Even the winner is retarded and winning doesnt change anything.
    Greatest Game/Video Ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Has anyone else noticed that Iron Tager is the new online cookie? I fought 8 unique accounts of him just this morning.

Yes, and while they are easy as pie to me now, its still annoying how you can accidentally make a simple mistake and get creamed.

Ragna vs tager can be domination, untill I forget that many scubs will spam the power of science with the gauge and when I am busy rushing down, sometimes I forget and get caught... and ragna takes that hard with his awesome 10k health.

some of them are good enough to do a 720, but nothing else. And they always wait on the ground and do that roll behind you shit and get it.

I hate that btw, I want to rush bitches down, but I cant figure out a way to punish the wait and roll behind you tactic outside of simply waiting it out. Which annoys me, because I see it coming, but it still gives them an advantage if I am near them. Some of them I can trip afterward because they are slow, but most end up countering me.
    Yeah...fighting Arakune is lame somethings. You either have the people who run all day, or the people who spam overheads and try to get you in the teleport -> special that people stop falling for a while ago.

Yeah, I didnt know how to fight your jin either, because I can literally just wait or fake dash in most of the time and just block ice car - punish. I really should find a much stronger combo to do it with though because I usually just do a basic canned combo so I dont screw it up.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Ragna deserves his 10 K health, he has crazy rushdown, he needs punishment for making mistakes. Carl on the other hand, does not need his 9500 health and 80% (meaning weak as shit) guard libra. I think thats Carls biggest kick to the nuts. He already has trouble getting out of pressure, why not give him the weakest guard in the game.

Jin for some reason has like 120% guard libra, Tager has 150% (makes sense, its fucking Tager). Taokaka has 80% guard, which somewhat makes sense, she has INSANE pressure and escape ability. But wait, Nu? she must have below 100% guard libra right?! Right?!!??! WRONG! 100%

Anyways, no use complaining, i'ma enjoy Carl while he is "unpopular". Maybe in the Blazblue sequel he will have some buffs that make him god tier and everyone will jump on that shit.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hmm... I think I'm done with this game. I wish I could trade it in for some Microsoft Points. :?

Trunkers on
    My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Fine, as long as you don't complain when I freeze you and let you cry as you look upon the screen, knowing you can't jump around like a little bitch.

Arakune H8!

PS: Seriously, I'd be up for games, you guys just need to let me know when you're on. I have work.

Whenever my finger heals up then, still can't bend the damned thing.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Trunkers wrote: »
    Hmm... I think I'm done with this game. I wish I could trade it in for some Microsoft Points. :?

Why so you can spend the rest of your online time trapped in an infinite combo in Marvel vs Capcom 2? Because I let my friend borrow BlazBlue and I want it fucking back NOW.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wow, Taokaka's combos are really, really, hard. I'm having a difficult time just nailing her BnB air juggle thingie.

maraxus94 on