As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blizzard: Wait, WoW's Not Their Only Game?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't fucking wait for D3.

The thing I'm most hyped about? Playing multi and nobody knows the whole damned game yet! That's why I gave up on multi D2. I'm tooling about in the fields killing things and all of the sudden the other three guys are in Act 2.

amen to that

I like to take my time

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, so that Heroes of Newerth game is ACTUALLY A COMPLETE COPY, after looking at the videos.

I mean, the WC3 mod probably isn't copyrighted but how do they get away with that without giving away the game for free?

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In other words...

Beta Key Please!

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    I want diablo 3 information noooow

I know! Here Blizzard throws up this really awesome looking main site and reveals a surprising amount of information during its conception, but then they hardly ever update it since then. I wasn't expecting that they would generate a Smash Bros Dogo frequency in regards to updates or anything, but some new info every other week or once a month would be nice.

Oh well. I suspect that they will start churning content out more regularly as the game gets closer to release. Also of note is that their site has provided some pretty kickass wallpapers.

I had the first one as my background for the longest time but have now switched to the Tyrael one.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow, Heroes of Newerth doesn't even attempt to be different.

There's even a video showing how Devourer is exactly like Pudge.

For some reason their website doesn't work for me, wtf.

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    I need to find someone to gush at when Diablo 3 news is revealed, or maybe yell at, probably both.

Also, I hope Warcraft 4 is revealed, and part of me kind of hopes it'll overlook WoW, but I doubt that.

the last time i remember somebody asked about warcraft 4 they said something along the lines of keeping warcraft as their MMO and keeping starcraft as their RTS.

this was a couple years ago though so it might have changed.

Grath on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    It's cracking me up seeing people going apeshit over Aion. Lineage by any other name is still shit.

except its not lineage. I've played it.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    More like Heroes of Olderth then eh?

Rehab on
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They haven't released anything new with Diablo 3 because they have been storing it all up for blizz con. But they have revealed some stuff with their podcasts, like how the barbarian has a "Rage Stoplight" instead of a mana bar and how they think the skill system is going to be broken up

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm playing through D2 for the first time thanks to the resolution patch. Playing as a skelliemancer.

It's good times.

august on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They haven't released anything new with Diablo 3 because they have been storing it all up for blizz con.

Yeah, that is probably a very safe bet. When exactly is Blizz Con this month anyway?

Also, I think my favorite Diablo II build was a Fanatidin that used Vengeance as his default attack. I pretty much just always had that aura equipped (and if not Fanaticism, I used Concentration) and then attacked with Vengeance whenever I had the mana for the attack.

Rehab on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i liked the weird specs like daggerzon and bow sorcs

i have a throwing barb but they arent worth playing unless you have the best weapons for them

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I hope they make a new DotA with SC2

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    One of my favorite characters that I've seen on battlenet was a Barbarian named Smash. The guy just put a fuckton of points in Leap so he could annoy people by hopping around constantly while playing.

Rehab on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They haven't released anything new with Diablo 3 because they have been storing it all up for blizz con. But they have revealed some stuff with their podcasts, like how the barbarian has a "Rage Stoplight" instead of a mana bar and how they think the skill system is going to be broken up

so, exactly like the WoW warrior

what a surprise

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Part of me can't actually believe that Blizzard managed to release an MMORPG. I swear to god that this thing should have taken longer than Duke Nukem Forever.

I wonder if i should actually try it at some point.

Brolo on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rolo's famous last words before he falls off the map.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fuck yes Tyrael is awesome, I may have a new wallpaper too.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i hate what WoW did to the warcraft story

i've always loved the story, i've read every game's manual from cover to cover, starting with Orcs and Humans in 1994

and I really loved the ending of The Frozen Throne, it's really sad that instead of some epic struggle against the combined forces of the Horde and the Alliance or whatever, Arthas is going to fall to... a 25-man pug

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Theidar wrote: »

the characters in diablo aren't even anything, though

they barely have motivations and they hardly have any screen time or anything

Tyrael is just a guy that you click on before you go to the stygian plains or whatever

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Fallout wrote: »

i've always loved the story, i've read every game's manual from cover to cover, starting with Orcs and Humans in 1994

and I really loved the ending of The Frozen Throne, it's really sad that instead of some epic struggle against the combined forces of the Horde and the Alliance or whatever, Arthas is going to fall to... a 25-man pug

Agreed

I found my mouth watering whenever I found old WC lore in WoW. Probably why CoT is the best instance imo. But this new stuff is just kinda, meh.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yeah, it's amazing how World of Warcraft hasn't done anything to move the story forward, events have been pretty much stuck where they were since The Frozen Throne.

Brolo on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I had no idea that Heroes of Newerth was a DotA clone. My friends who play DotA like crazy lead me to believe that it was being made as a standalone under the supervision of the guys who made the original scenario.

Snork on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Tyrael is just a guy that you click on before you go to the stygian plains or whatever

what do you mean there was

STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN

and the dude who sold you crappy weapons

and the dude who sold you good weapons

and the dude who sold you magics

and wirt!

Brolo on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

He's an awesomely designed looking plot device though. To be more specfiic.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Part of me can't actually believe that Blizzard managed to release an MMORPG. I swear to god that this thing should have taken longer than Duke Nukem Forever.

I wonder if i should actually try it at some point.

WoW is fucking awesome, until you're addicted, then it sucks
    BUT YOU CAN'T QUIT
    Actually you can, and the only people getting addicted are those who're looking to forget their real life
    Just like any non-physical addiction

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, it's amazing how World of Warcraft hasn't done anything to move the story forward, events have been pretty much stuck where they were since The Frozen Throne.

yeah, and everything they HAVE done has been fucking retarded, like HEY THE FORSAKEN JOINED THE HORDE and hey so did the blood elves!! (?!) and hey look, it's the

mother

fucking

draenei

what do you mean there was

STAY A WHILE AND LISTEN

and the dude who sold you crappy weapons

and the dude who sold you good weapons

and the dude who sold you magics

and wirt!

hahaha
    He's an awesomely designed looking plot device though. To be more specfiic.

that i can agree with

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey man
    lay off the space goats
    that ass

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Staleghoti wrote: »

Agreed

I found my mouth watering whenever I found old WC lore in WoW. Probably why CoT is the best instance imo. But this new stuff is just kinda, meh.

CoT is pretty sick. I just did the Culling of Stratholme last night, which was great. Except for the faggot infinite dragonflight. bleh. i wanted to slaughter innocent people, not zombies and dragons >:o

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey man
    lay off the space goats
    that ass

i hate the mother fucking draenei with a ferocity that is entirely unreasonable considering they are fictional

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    They should make a CoT instance where you go the future and have to interfere with starcraft stories

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey man
    lay off the space goats
    that ass

i hate the mother fucking draenei with a ferocity that is entirely unreasonable considering they are fictional

I don't

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    waiting for Blackthorne 2

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey man
    lay off the space goats
    that ass

draenei.jpg

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    oh my god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAmKPEwAm0&feature=related

imagine if the battle.net forums merged with youtube comments

I could harness the raw stupidity output and create an engine that would take us to Mars.

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    man
    I'm such a sucker for blizzard games
    WoW is always tempting me, and diablo 2 was pretty cool
    I know I'll buy every single one of their new games day one

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They got WoW on Mars?

august on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I made a dark elf sorceress in WAR last night because I wanted to play around with the backlash mechanic and damn she has some birthin' hips.

Weaver on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sorcs suck enormous dickwang to lvl

also t rolo: holy shit

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    t pip Farty Squig is a great ability

Weaver on