As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anime Thread] S2: Haruhi Strikes Back

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Haha Hinato is so goddam cute.

I was all D: for a few weeks until it was just a healable wound.

*phew*

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So again I ask, what's the status in Monster hitting NA?

It's been a long time coming for a dub, but it seems Viz has plans for it somewhere in the future.

Shame it's taking this long. A live action movie was even suppose to be released this year based on it. It's a fantastic series, so I hope when it does hit NA it will be treated well.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    K-ON 09

Poor, poor Azusa.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    So again I ask, what's the status in Monster hitting NA?

It's been a long time coming for a dub, but it seems Viz has plans for it somewhere in the future.

Shame it's taking this long. A live action movie was even suppose to be released this year based on it. It's a fantastic series, so I hope when it does hit NA it will be treated well.

The manga's been out for a while now. They started Pluto recently.

Are there any plans for an anime version of Pluto? That would be fuckawesome.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    K-ON 09

Poor, poor Azusa.
    Sawako has become a goddamn joke.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Wow, nothing made me laugh harder than Jimmy Page with twintails image for when she was playing. This show is pretty great sometimes.

Also excellent use of Godzilla SFX.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Oh I forget to mention something! In the latest episode of Shippuden, Naruto...
    ...takes Yukimaru home with him...
    ...to have sex
    At least that's the impression I got

Knock on wood.

I've been catching up with K-ON.. It's a nice series, but not something I'd get on DVD. I can see why Mio is so popular. Kinda reminds me of Sasaki from Azumanga Daioh.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ...to have sex

Knock on wood.

I've been catching up with K-ON.. It's a nice series, but not something I'd get on DVD. I can see why Mio is so popular. Kinda reminds me of Sasaki from Azumanga Daioh.

Consider K-ON is Azumanga with rock music and more plot. Not that that's a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing. Azumanga + Beck.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Anyone else following Ippo: New Challenger should check out 21 right now.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Anyone else following Ippo: New Challenger should check out 21 right now.

Oh shit, subs are out?

Excellent.

I have heard such good things about the manga version of this fight, I've been looking forward to it.

Slicer on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    K-On! episode 9 was a fun ride, but...
    I actually was sympathizing with Azusa in that she wanted the club to take playing music a bit more seriously. I keep going back to Beck and seeing how a struggle it was for them to even get started, let alone how they were screwed in the record deal, and their fractures with each other, and how Koyuki practiced really hard on guitar. Even though I've never done so, I realize that starting a band and playing some fucking music is a pretty big deal, and requires a truck load of effort for all involved. It kinda seems disingenuous to portray being in a band, or learning how to play guitar, as easy as it seems in K-On!

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    A POTENTIAL WARNING FOR RANMA 1/2 FANS OUT THERE

I figured it was long since time I purchased the movies (basically, the two DVD releases sold as one) and the OVAs.

I was a little disappointed to learn that the original Japanese language track, on the second movie (Nihao My Concubine) was really poorly included on the DVD. Audio quality is way, way below the English track. No idea why.

Just FYI. I could totally be the only person who still enjoys Ranma 1/2

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One Piece:

I guess this is the start of the Sanji can't get a fucking break era. That wanted poster is hilarious.

Also does the whole the wanted poster says Sogeking thing ever come up?

Do they ever explain the D name thing? It seems like half the named characters have it.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    One Piece:

I guess this is the start of the Sanji can't get a fucking break era. That wanted poster is hilarious.

Also does the whole the wanted poster says Sogeking thing ever come up?

Do they ever explain the D name thing? It seems like half the named characters have it.

Will of D seems to be a major plot point but there's no reason to expect Oda is going to explain it yet.

I think in the manga Luffy and Chopper ask about Sogeking's poster but I don't recall.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Don't compare Mio to that loser Sakaki : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This was probably the best episode of K-on. Lots of laughs.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mio is like a cross between Kagami and Mikuru. The former is amazing. The latter is retarded.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    liek oh mah gawd k-on spoilers. haha time to watch it

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Frosteey wrote: »

Sakaki is awesome.
    Not only does she have an illegal endangered cat she has prophetic dreams.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

No, you're a loser. :P

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moe fight!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moe fight!

Mio.gif Bring it.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Moe fight!
    Mio.gif
    Bring it.

moe-image1.jpg
    Counter Attack: Box Of Moe!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Shit's getting real.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Moe fight!
    Mio.gif
    Bring it.

moe-image1.jpg

2hzh69x.jpg

AniMOEted.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    ...to have sex

Knock on wood.

Actually, I think she's more like Yomi. Comic foil to Ritsu's funny man act.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    is sengoku basara 8 out yet? I've seen subs for 9, but not 8

psychotix on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Newest Naruto chapter wasn't nearly as retarded as the spoilers made it out to be.

One Piece was amazing as usual and
    The confrontation between Blackbeard and Luffy was really interesting. Blackbeard seems to know more about what's going on then just about anyone else in the show (his comment about Haki, his believing in Sky Island and being so sure that One Piece exists, not to mention whatever plans he has for Impel Down); it makes me wonder if he is working for someone else or is just really, really well informed as well as being super ambitious.

EDIT: Oh yeah, add a +1 to the Baccano! recommendations, that show is fucking awesome with great writing, great action, and great characters. It also has the best dub in any anime ever (yes even better than Cowboy Bebop).

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DHS wrote: »
    Moe fight!
    Mio.gif
    Bring it.

moe-image1.jpg

2hzh69x.jpg

AniMOEted.

MOEcross Attack!
    kyun.jpg

Falx on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    moes.gif

I win

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    moes.gif

I win

7189b36e4a0ef770cda47d2f65747ef1.gif

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ph blake wrote: »
    Newest Naruto chapter wasn't nearly as retarded as the spoilers made it out to be.

The confrontation between Blackbeard and Luffy was really interesting. Blackbeard seems to know more about what's going on then just about anyone else in the show (his comment about Haki, his believing in Sky Island and being so sure that One Piece exists, not to mention whatever plans he has for Impel Down); it makes me wonder if he is working for someone else or is just really, really well informed as well as being super ambitious.

EDIT: Oh yeah, add a +1 to the Baccano! recommendations, that show is fucking awesome with great writing, great action, and great characters. It also has the best dub in any anime ever (yes even better than Cowboy Bebop).

One Piece Idea:
    Teach is the son of Gol D. Roger

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    moes.gif

I win

moe-howard-7.jpg

Yep

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Moe fight!

Sakaki isn't Moe.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Re: One Piece
    Agreed about Blackbeard. It seems really strange just how much of a planner he is. Everything he's done seems to all be for a greater goal, with very little of it personal or on a whim- which makes me really wonder why he was storming Impel Down, and what his "show that will rock the world to the core" is.

Maybe something hidden at the bottom? Or perhaps just hanging out and causing chaos during Ace's execution?

Also, Croc was cooler than the other side of the pillow in this chapter. Gotta love his "I'm not interested" line to BB.

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Re: One Piece
    Agreed about Blackbeard. It seems really strange just how much of a planner he is. Everything he's done seems to all be for a greater goal, with very little of it personal or on a whim- which makes me really wonder why he was storming Impel Down, and what his "show that will rock the world to the core" is.

Maybe something hidden at the bottom? Or perhaps just hanging out and causing chaos during Ace's execution?

Also, Croc was cooler than the other side of the pillow in this chapter. Gotta love his "I'm not interested" line to BB.

More Op
    Teach at the very least is going to be the last major villian. He can negate Evil fruit powers. As to his reasons for being in Impel down? I think he's working for Dragon.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    k-on 09 was a good episode.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I like K-on quite a bit, but I think it's funny how they go out of their way to avoid animating them actually playing the instruments as much as possible. As soon as someone starts playing, it cuts away to the people watching or something else. Kinda lazy. But the show is a lot of fun.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I like K-on quite a bit, but I think it's funny how they go out of their way to avoid animating them actually playing the instruments as much as possible. As soon as someone starts playing, it cuts away to the people watching or something else. Kinda lazy. But the show is a lot of fun.

Nothing special there. Remember they need to put out an episode a week on a relatively smaller budget. A lot of anime will go out of the way a bit to have a speaker's mouth be blocked. Sorry to do this to you all, but you're gonna start noticing that a lot now if you already haven't.

YamiNoSenshi on