As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the fuck North Korea?

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Excellent shot, dear leader another hole in one. That's 97 in a row.
    The windmill is no match for you, dear leader.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The guy third from the right doing the whole sideways pose was killed minutes after that photo developed for being too outrageous.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    we'll be armed with ar-15's and m1a's.

riding dirt bikes and four wheelers

blasting heavy metal specifically created by ozzy to denounce that crazy asian

Where do I sign.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    He's smiling because he just had another perfect round of golf.

Man, I'd be awful smiley too if I ever shot even par.

my brother and i got pretty good at golf one summer. free lessons eh wot.

Yes, but Kim Jon Il claims to have shot like ridiculous pro numbers in golf. Like 100 holes in one in a row. Also he can do 50 cock push ups.

Hunter on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yes, but Kim Jon Il claims to have shot like ridiculous pro numbers in golf. Like 100 holes in one in a row. Also he can do 50 cock push ups.

kim jong il: spergin like a motherfucker.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Where do I sign.

hold on trying to get someone at stag arms and springfield armory behind this

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    20090608-pcfhttx5g6xni16k47t9u2nwiu.jpg

Faricazy on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    20090608-pcfhttx5g6xni16k47t9u2nwiu.jpg

oh wow dude on the left is all "dayyyyummmm girl"

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

edit: the other kids at the lessons made fun of us because we had to share a set of clubs and they were really old and all the other kids were from pretty well-off families and had fucking titanium graphite-shaft drivers.

I'm started lessons two weeks ago. Changing your swing is really hard.
    Also he can do 50 cock push ups.

But one is all you need!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Where do I sign.

hold on trying to get someone at stag arms and springfield armory behind this

This is all you need!

recoillessgun155mmdavyc.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know about you guys but I don't think I would want to take him on without some ninjas and artillery backing me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jM9Qzs9isY

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just hackin' and whackin' and choppin' that kimchi

e: tJoe, of course

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that just looks theatrical

humble on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    It's like

Okay Americans can instigate coups in whereeverville, south america

but they can't pull that shit in NK?
    its tough when 40% of the population is suffering from malnutrition and every terrible malady that comes with it

Man so many stories on how fucked up NK is. There are people born in prisons with life sentences.

What

Langly on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    humble wrote: »
    that just looks theatrical

your face

etc etc

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Davy Crockett (nuclear device)
    The M-388 Davy Crockett was a tactical nuclear recoilless rifle projectile that was deployed by the United States during the Cold War.

One of the smallest nuclear weapons ever built, the Davy Crockett was developed in the late 1950s for use against Soviet troops had war broken out in Europe. Small teams of the Atomic Battle Group (charged with operating the device) would be stationed every few kilometers to guard against Soviet attack, using the power of their nuclear artillery to kill or incapacitate advancing troop formations and irradiate the area so that it was uninhabitable for up to 48 hours, long enough to mobilize NATO forces.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    nuclear landmines are way more badass

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nuclear torpedoes are even better

total suicide mission

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    nuclear brass knuckles

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nuclear tipped rambo arrows

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    rambo tipped nuclear arrows

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Where do I sign.

The Black Hole Sons vs North Korea

101 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Japanese ships picked up N. Korean radio chatter banning NK naval assets from certain areas of the ocean for a while. Probably another missile test.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    I can't imagine north korea actually being a state sponsor of terrorism

they can barely feed their own populace
    They have state-sponsored counterfeiting presses churning out near-perfect U.S. currency. so that makes it easy for them to buy shit on the international market. On the other hand, U.S. hundred dollar bills don't work so well internally...

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

They have state-sponsored counterfeiting presses churning out near-perfect U.S. currency. so that makes it easy for them to buy shit on the international market. On the other hand, U.S. hundred dollar bills don't work so well internally...

really?

I really need to see Team America World Police some day.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Do you have a citation for this?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Superdollars

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't you mean "supahdorrahs?"

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's not bulletproof, but then again if the evidence was then we'd have much stronger grounds for taking action on it. As is, counterfeiting at that level would be a feat most easily done by a government entity, and not a cartel, terrorist organization, or gangsters.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    but north korea is pretty much run by a terrorist gangster cartel government

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm both glad and kind of bummed that I have avoided this thread thus far, seeing as how North Korea is kind of my "thing" these days.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

Really? really.

Okay, let's think hard now about why they can't feed their own populace.

It is because what money they do have, they funnel to a) the military and b) party members. People in Pyongyang get food at a much discounted price from what you will find in the country, and open food markets are only allowed out there in the most dire circumstances.

But for seriously, North Korea has been behind so much shit. Kidnapping people off of Japanese soil, bombing the south korean delegation to Rangoon, almost killing the President. Commando raids onto South Korean soil aimed directly at the Blue House. Selling missile technology to countries and non-state actors we don't like. <== hint, this is where they make a lot of money.

Fun story, we told them to stop doing this back in the 90's or something. They countered with "okay, well give us $500 million (okay I'm fuzzy on this number, but it was big) per year to stop selling our materiel and technology to these guys"

They have a long, long history of this kind of crap, and if anybody tries calling them on any of their shit, they get pissed off and threaten to do bad things. So taking them off of the state sponsor of terrorism list was a move towards placating them a bit. Because this is how they work.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Superdollars

Please tell me you didn't link a wikki article as a citation. Wikki, while fun to read, is as accurate as a North Korean missile.

OHOHOHOHO TOPICAL!

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Actually I googled it later and found a NYT article on the subject. It wasn't proven to be NK doing it but all the signs point to their involvement in the creation of these superdollars.

Butters on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aajahahahahaaihahah oh north korea

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Actually I googled it later and found a NYT article on the subject. It wasn't proven to be NK doing it but all the signs point to their involvement in the creation of these superdollars.

I just wanted to make the 'accurate as a North Korean missile' joke. You know...because their missiles are like toy rockets.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Superdollars

Please tell me you didn't link a wikki article as a citation. Wikki, while fun to read, is as accurate as a North Korean missile.

OHOHOHOHO TOPICAL!

I can't believe he just linked us to 20 citations and a summary of the matter

What a dick

E: okay you were joking that's okay

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I just wanted to make the 'accurate as a North Korean missile' joke. You know...because their missiles are like toy rockets.

Hey now. Estes used to make some pretty impressive shit. One can only imagine how far they've come since I was a scout.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Hey now. Estes used to make some pretty impressive shit. One can only imagine how far they've come since I was a scout.

It's kind of cute when the North Koreans and the Iranians photoshop a few extra missiles into the picture, just to feel more manly about it.

Hunter on
This discussion has been closed.