As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoH/V] i10 - This Is Our, Independence Day

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey the FF/Rad Defender who slotted only for Def...Aegis, is that how you spelled his name?

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Aaaand does anyone have a screenshot of him? The only ones I can find have him in a AV costume, have him so far away you can't see jack, or one over the shoulder that doesn't tell me much I don't remember. Metallic gold chest with black peak gloves and some black glasses.

Accualt on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    Aaaand does anyone have a screenshot of him? The only ones I can find have him in a AV costume, have him so far away you can't see jack, or one over the shoulder that doesn't tell me much I don't remember. Metallic gold chest with black peak gloves and some black glasses.

I might have some in my old screenshots. I'll have to find my disc that I burned them to when I reformated. It was Aegis Avenger I think. Bald, wrap glasses. Hughe body type I think, but set thin.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Corvus wrote: »

I might have some in my old screenshots. I'll have to find my disc that I burned them to when I reformated. It was Aegis Avenger I think. Bald, wrap glasses. Hughe body type I think, but set thin.

That is what I recall. The one screenshot I can see well looks like he had a metallic gold chest and matching gloves that had a black sharp texture. I'm pretty sure his pants followed the same scheme. Thanks for the help.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I always thought Aegis was yellow and blue. Just talk to harlon on xfire...that's him.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So, Freakshow Tank Swipers right now don't have any arms. Best bug in a long time!

Corvus on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just out of curiosity, is there anywhere else to get a trial for CoH/CoV? The filefront one seems to be gone now.

EDIT: nm. http://www.mmorpg.com/gve_trial.cfm?bhcp=1 seems to be working. I'll have to test the code later

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited February 2007
    If anyone has friends who are interested or still needs to pick up either CoH or CoV here you go.

olfsi_022307-1.jpg

Last time they did this you could buy CoV and get CoH for free, or buy one copy of CoV and get another free, or any combination like that.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Holy crap have you guys seen this YouTube video of client side mods someone did? Freaking amazing. LINKY

I'm sure the power re-skins aren't of the highest quality but seeing this jsut makes me that much more annoyed that the actual devs haven't gotten us power customization yet. I'm sure the devs want to knock it out of the park, give us our choice from multiple animations and colors for each power but I think the majority of us would be happy with being able to choose from Original, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, White, and Purple. Pick one at creation and all of your powers in that line get tinted that color. Later down the line they could add teal, pink, navy blue, ect. Dear CoX Devs, please just use the tint tool and be done with it. :P

Accualt on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Actually I'm pretty sure the devs have moved power customization back to "never happening".

Scooter on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If anyone has friends who are interested or still needs to pick up either CoH or CoV here you go.

Free stuff

Last time they did this you could buy CoV and get CoH for free, or buy one copy of CoV and get another free, or any combination like that.

Damn, I just got back from Flordia, but bought the good vs evil version on the way back.

Anyway, it came with a 14 day trial for CoH as well as a 14 day "friend" trial for CoV are either of these useful to me or to anyone?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Actually I'm pretty sure the devs have moved power customization back to "never happening".

They have. Positron basically said "its not gonna happen unless someone at Cryptic has a stroke of genius that makes it easy to do"

Oh, and the Good Vs Evil edition is becoming availble at non-Walmart stores in March. It shows up in Gamestop and EBs websites now if you search for it. Probably the reason they're giving away the old boxes.

Corvus on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Actually, both of those CoH codes are friend codes since GvE = CoH + CoV + bonus stuff

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    'ello all.

Thinking of reactivating, as I need something to kill all this free time, and I am getting the CoX bug again.

How's the PA side of the game going? Are there still a goodly amount of folks playing?

Also, what the hell is with these IO things that the CoX forums are going on about?

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Holy crap have you guys seen this YouTube video of client side mods someone did? Freaking amazing. LINKY

I'm sure the power re-skins aren't of the highest quality but seeing this jsut makes me that much more annoyed that the actual devs haven't gotten us power customization yet. I'm sure the devs want to knock it out of the park, give us our choice from multiple animations and colors for each power but I think the majority of us would be happy with being able to choose from Original, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, White, and Purple. Pick one at creation and all of your powers in that line get tinted that color. Later down the line they could add teal, pink, navy blue, ect. Dear CoX Devs, please just use the tint tool and be done with it. :P

Meh, that video seemed way more about making clones of trademarked characters than power customization.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    'ello all.

Thinking of reactivating, as I need something to kill all this free time, and I am getting the CoX bug again.

How's the PA side of the game going? Are there still a goodly amount of folks playing?

Also, what the hell is with these IO things that the CoX forums are going on about?

PA is doing pretty good, should be great with issue 9.

IOs are enhancments you make with the new invention system, Accualt or Dysmal or someone had some info farther back in this thread I think. Check it out.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Alright, I'm back in the game.

Have a few guys, but they're all 3, except my level 9 scrapper.

Heroes:
    'Nam - 9 - Scrapper (MA/Regen)
    Galedrid - 3 - Blaster (Ice/Ice)
    Villains:
    Der Wille zur Macht - 3 - Brute (Fire/Fire)
    Guiltfeeder - 3 - Dominator (Mind/Psi)

I guess I need to contact someone in-game now.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited March 2007
    So, apparently there's going to be a two week closed beta for Inventions before they open the Test Server to the general public.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That sounds like bad news. It's just clever enhancements, what is it that they're afraid to put it out for mass consumption?

Scooter on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    lewtz!

Lep on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That sounds like bad news. It's just clever enhancements, what is it that they're afraid to put it out for mass consumption?

Well, I think they maybe just want a small group of people to weed out the really nasty bugs before Test is opened up publicly. They're closing Test to the public while this is going on.

From my experience being in the first wave of people in CoV Beta, getting into the closed beta for Inventions probably won't be very enjoyable other than getting to know about stuff first. Its probably going to be buggy as hell at first.

Corvus on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just wonder how this is going to change things with the sudden of an economy where there was none previously.

And where the hell did my SIG (552) go dammit?!?
    EDIT: ahh there it is... didn't post with it above.

(feel free to point and laugh now. More so then usual)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So it looks like I9 is now in closed beta. I'm assuming by my lack of e-mail saying I'm in that I am, in fact, not in. :(

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Eh, I want to experience it on my actual characters anyway.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Did any PAers get in?

Scooter on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I attempted to log into the test server but no dice.

Lep on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    No luck here. I'm assuming there's an NDA for this, so I don't know if people who get in can even say they did.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    No luck for me either.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have a free trial question!
    Can I apply the free trial to an existing account? I'd love to play CoV for a little while, but I'd rather not spend the money. I doubt I'd last a whole month before I got bored again.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Can I apply the free trial to an existing account? I'd love to play CoV for a little while, but I'd rather not spend the money. I doubt I'd last a whole month before I got bored again.
    Don't think so. Pretty sure that free trials have to be applied to a new account.

see317 on
  • Options
    kallisti_dkkallisti_dk Registered User new member
    edited March 2007

You can apply one trial to an account. But only one.

kallisti_dk on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm. Guess I'll have to try it, then. Thanks fellas.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Awesomesauce - Auction houses will be cross-server. You know what this means? Put some crap piece of salvage up for sale for a few million, buy it from your rich character, and you can transfer inf anywhere.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm. Guess I'll have to try it, then. Thanks fellas.
    I'd like to know if it works. I won't be able to buy a new time card till this weekend, but I'd love to add a free trial to my account and jump back in now.

Snake Gandhi on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Awesomesauce - Auction houses will be cross-server. You know what this means? Put some crap piece of salvage up for sale for a few million, buy it from your rich character, and you can transfer inf anywhere.

Unless they just do what WoW does, and prohibit one of your characters from biding on an auction created by one of your own characters.

You'd need two accounts then, or a friend, it'd still be doable just not quite as easy.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So there's an I9 video that shows two of the invention temp powers. Anyone wanna guess what they were?

A hammer and a baseball bat.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    So there's an I9 video that shows two of the invention temp powers. Anyone wanna guess what they were?

A hammer and a baseball bat.

EPIC

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Where can I find this video?

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You can find it here.
    I find it funny that one of the inventions is a baseball bat. What a breakthrough in science!

Accualt on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You can find it here.
    I find it funny that one of the inventions is a baseball bat. What a breakthrough in science!

Well, maybe Sammy Sosa's bat.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
This discussion has been closed.