As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the fuck North Korea?

• Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what about some Rob D

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    peace symbol is a gang sign now?

gang of love?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Is that kid smoking a phat one in the last pic?

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Maybe you should watch Iron Man more often, Wren.

Maybe then you would get all the jokes that go on around here.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    peace symbol is a gang sign now?

gang of love?

eastsidaz forced love crew

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Or is the Vanburen boys?

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yay new avatar.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So Jet Li's Fearless is a fucking awesome movie.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wouldn't that be the Adam's boys then?

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8098484.stm
    North Korea has said it will weaponise its plutonium stocks amid threats to take military action over United Nations sanctions, state media said.

drama

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So north korea always does this?

are they trying to be seen as tuff guys or something?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009

what rock have you been hiding under? they've been blustering like this for decades.
    the only thing that's really changed is them pursuing nuclear weapons tech recently.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    lol hey mousivvi is under house arrest with his means of communication severed

haha too bad 4 democracy in iran!

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8098484.stm
    North Korea has said it will weaponise its plutonium stocks amid threats to take military action over United Nations sanctions, state media said.

drama

The pound of plutonium they bought

Ooooo

Scary

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »

what rock have you been hiding under? they've been blustering like this for decades.
    the only thing that's really changed is them pursuing nuclear weapons tech recently.

They've been going after it for a long time. The only difference is we finally stopped being able to bribe them to stop, and then they figured it out.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    MICHAEL MOORE CONTINUES BEING A TREMENDOUS DOUCHEBAG; MORE AT 11

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/06/12/michael-moore-plays-a-trick-on-movie-theater-audiences/
    What the heck is going on? I was told that there was a trailer for the new Michael Moore documentary that would be attached to showings of Taking of Pelham 123 this weekend. It'll be online in a few hours, but not all audiences will see it. SlashFilm has a report of a showing in Washington DC that had a message from Moore. Apparently signs saying that they were being recorded were plastered all over. Instead of a trailer with footage, Moore appeared on the screen and asked the audience to give their money to "needy banks and corporations." Ushers then entered the theater with buckets literally asking for money from the audience.

Yes this actually happened. Here is the full message from Moore that played before the ushers came in.
    "Hi, I'm Michael Moore. Instead of using this time to tell you about my new movie I'd like to take a moment and ask you to join me in helping our fellow Americans. The downturn in the economy has hurt many people, people who have had no choice but to go on government assistance. Yet our welfare agencies can only do so much. That's why I'm asking you to reach into your pockets right now and lend a hand. Ushers will be coming down the aisles to collect your donations for Citibank, Bank of America, AIG, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and a host of other needy banks and corporations. Won't you please give generously? Now, I know what you're thinking - I already gave at the bailout. And I know you did, but even if you've given in the past, give some more. It will make you feel… good."

If you don't believe it, you can actually hear an audio recording of the message over on SlashFilm. In my post about his new documentary a few weeks ago, I joked, "it's ironic that Moore is asking people to spend money to see a movie that's about our lack of money." Now it's barely a joke after all. I have a feeling Moore is recording this and going to include it in the documentary (which is due out on October 2nd). He may even take the money he collects and present it to those companies and film their reaction. I don't know if this is viral marketing or just one of Moore's sneaky new documentary techniques - but it's pretty damn crazy.

that's cool

Xhero on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    to anyone not living in america this is actually pretty funny.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that's pretty neat

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yes, exactly what I want when I go see an action movie. Some fuck with his hat out begging for my wallet, which was emptied by the fucking ridiculously expensive movie. YAY.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man I wouldn't care at all

I'd just enjoy the spectacle

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    MY FILMGOING EXPERIENCE... INTERRUPTED!

MICHAEEEEEL MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i'm literally a child irl, these are my tears: ;_;

Xhero on
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Whats the big deal about the Michael Moore thing?

He is obviously joking : "Oh noes, those poor banks."

I like it.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Whats the big deal about the Michael Moore thing?

He is obviously joking : "Oh noes, those poor banks."

I like it.

only because you think banks are run according to the protocols of the elders of zion

Xhero on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wait now it's terrible again.

Fuck you Michael Moore.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Personally I just want Michael Moore to die in a grease fire. He's a toolbox.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHllNDcv4A

Xhero on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate that I agree with some of the things Michael Moore says because he's such an insufferable cunt sander.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can you pick one of those up at Home Depot? I've got some rough cunts around the house that could use some sanding.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Xhero wrote: »
    only because you think banks are run according to the protocols of the elders of zion

Nah, Jews are cool.

The only K-word (are we allowed to say it?) I hate is Debbie Schlussel.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wow

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not much has changed

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, you know what? North Korea is a place where people can't enjoy simple shit. Laying in bed for a few minutes after you wake up with the covers all snug just enjoying the warmth and shit. Standing on your back porch drinking coffee in the morning listening to birds chirp. Going to a diner late at night with your friends and talking to your favorite waitress for like an hour.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, you know what? North Korea is a place where people can't enjoy simple shit. Laying in bed for a few minutes after you wake up with the covers all snug just enjoying the warmth and shit. Standing on your back porch drinking coffee in the morning listening to birds chirp. Going to a diner late at night with your friends and talking to your favorite waitress for like an hour.

i think you'll find that includes a hell of a lot more places than just north korea

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Xhero wrote: »

i think you'll find that includes a hell of a lot more places than just north korea

Speaking the truth, Xhero. Good call on that one. We should try to fix it so everyone can do that kinda stuff. Let's make some calls.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    that's basically my modus operandi as it is

Xhero on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pretty sure that posting on SE++ doesn't free beleaguered people from tyranny.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I wouldn't be so sure.

Shifty Fister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    moocow wrote: »
    Pretty sure that posting on SE++ doesn't free beleaguered people from tyranny.

a+ observation

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    neither does growing a beard and holding a sign with a vaguely coherent slogan sharpied across it.

Metzger Meister on
This discussion has been closed.