• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    You are.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Good thing even when i fail i can generally get a small victory out of it. like hitting everyone away from me at once.

Melding on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    I probably would have killed the party's invoker on the second encounter of the campaign if the archers hadn't rolled a series of 3s every time. I don't feel bad about this, he went off through a back door in a town that was under siege, and tried to take on an ogre and two hobgoblins simultaneously.

He got knocked out for his troubles, but I think he got a nice YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS. moment out of it

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I probably would have killed the party's invoker on the second encounter of the campaign if the archers hadn't rolled a series of 3s every time. I don't feel bad about this, he went off through a back door in a town that was under siege, and tried to take on an ogre and two hobgoblins simultaneously.

He got knocked out for his troubles, but I think he got a nice YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS. moment out of it

Well, his intentions weren't so heroic. I think he went out the back to kill the two poker players and steal their gold and happened to come across a pretty awful fuck fest for him till the bard and I heard explosions.

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright, now all I need is a backround and a name

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=135767

How did you get your ability scores, it looks like you started with 14, 14, 12, 12, 10, 10 before race modifiers. That seems a bit low considering 14, 14, 14, 14, 10, 10 is one of the sample arrays.

At level 4 you also get a +1 bonus to any two ability scores, so don't forget that.

Speaking of which, if you bumped your strength up to 13 or more you would qualify for Chainmail Proficiency instead of Hide, that'd give you an additional 3 AC over Hide in return for your speed being reduced by one. Not bad at all if you are considering being on the frontlines much which is a very attractive tactic for infernal warlocks (You can safely attack from pointblank while flanking with a fighter, getting you primeshot and combat advantage and if they try and take an opportunity attack they'll have to deal with the fighter's challenge and your Hellish Rebuke damage).

Also, for your dilettante power you've got cleave chosen, considering melee training only effects basic attacks and not powers, I would suggest swapping that for a weapon attack that keys off of charisma or constitution. The first ones that come to mind are the bard's two weapon at-wills, both of which seem like they'd work very well for your character.
    Guiding Strike
    At Will * Arcane, Weapon

Target: One Creature
    Attack: Charisma vs. AC
    Hit: 1[W] +Charisma Modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to the defense of your choice until the end of your next turn.

War Song Strike
    At Will * Arcane, Weapon

Hit: 1[W] +Charisma Modifier damage, and any ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains temporary hitpoints equal to your Constitution modifier. (!)

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That was pretty awesome.

We shot lots of things out of cannons in a bit inspired by Rocket Slime.

Including our pygmy friend who we found in carceri, where he apparently had been for some time as a revanant ranger.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also our pygmy stole a dwarf beard and wore it as a wig.

Because he's basically just a skeleton now, you see.

So he basically looks like those damnable pygmy skeleton dudes in Diablo 2 but with a troll-doll-esque haircut

Edit: Rachel is drawing the pygmy now, hell yeah

Moriveth on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Nice surprise today, turns out the Books-A-Million by my house carries Goodman Games products which are all pretty damn rad

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Our adventures have steadily been growing more absurd. Not that I'm opposed to it, it's hilarious.

I mean, tonight I threw a flesh golem off a platform, only to encounter it again in the final battle

shooting out of a cannon from the enemy tank going towards us

I shoved it back in our cannon when it came into our tank

and eventually we splattered it against a tank

but of course it got fixed and accompanied us back to our fortress, along with a bear and a succubus that looks like Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright, now all I need is a backround and a name

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=135767
    How did you get your ability scores, it looks like you started with 14, 14, 12, 12, 10, 10 before race modifiers. That seems a bit low considering 14, 14, 14, 14, 10, 10 is one of the sample arrays.

At level 4 you also get a +1 bonus to any two ability scores, so don't forget that.

Speaking of which, if you bumped your strength up to 13 or more you would qualify for Chainmail Proficiency instead of Hide, that'd give you an additional 3 AC over Hide in return for your speed being reduced by one. Not bad at all if you are considering being on the frontlines much which is a very attractive tactic for infernal warlocks (You can safely attack from pointblank while flanking with a fighter, getting you primeshot and combat advantage and if they try and take an opportunity attack they'll have to deal with the fighter's challenge and your Hellish Rebuke damage).

Also, for your dilettante power you've got cleave chosen, considering melee training only effects basic attacks and not powers, I would suggest swapping that for a weapon attack that keys off of charisma or constitution. The first ones that come to mind are the bard's two weapon at-wills, both of which seem like they'd work very well for your character.
    Guiding Strike
    At Will * Arcane, Weapon

Hit: 1[W] +Charisma Modifier damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to the defense of your choice until the end of your next turn.

War Song Strike
    At Will * Arcane, Weapon

Hit: 1[W] +Charisma Modifier damage, and any ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains temporary hitpoints equal to your Constitution modifier. (!)

Looking back on it, I was really tired, but I think I chose 16, 15, 12, 11, 10, and I added 1 to Charisma and 1 to strength, and I totally forgot about the racial bonus. I just redid the stats and added my bonus to Strength and Intel, so I can bypass chainmail altogether and go straight to Scale, bumping my AC up to 21 and giving me only -1 to speed.

Overall, I think I made a pretty good character.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think you forgot to save the character, I see the old stats still.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    This drawing of the pygmy is awesome

I think DE?AD will be pleased

we will scan it in tomorrow

Moriveth on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2009
    short on players, no game for me tomorrow

dang, I had plans

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Man, tonight was rad

We discovered that apparently all devils are bros in our game

and I got shot out of a cannon while holding a tiefling baby

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Don't forget the box of kittens.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yesss, the box of kittens

Rachel is drawing my character right now

panties on head

grabbing bottle of wine in midair

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I bought 20 pints of oil and some flint and steel at the last town (which I got to use today to burn a couple of troll bodies). I also bought a crowbar, just in case I need to beat someone.

What mundane items do you guys like to stock up on?

Probad on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I always forget to buy oil. I've had a lantern since our first adventure, but I only ever bought one pint of oil with it, which I then used to burn down a door.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, my campaign just turned political.

Late paragon levels is all about trying to take over continents.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, we just discovered we have to thwart both Orcus and Vecna from killing/dominating The Raven Queen.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Well, we just discovered we have to thwart both Orcus and Vecna from killing/dominating The Raven Queen.

Why? That could be hot.

Probad on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The results will probably be rather unsexy.

Much like our androgynous succubus.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also, Tommy, if you are looking for a character portrait I usually use this gallery, it's pretty extensive.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I always keep 50 feet of chain and 50 feet of silken rope, as well as 4 grappling hooks, and 2 climbing kits in a bag of holding.

I've used it to secretly secure a pirate ship to a dock, secure a sleeping dragon, and secure a bunch of elven prisoners.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Rachel just drew my character

so awesome

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think you forgot to save the character, I see the old stats still.

fuck

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also, Tommy, if you are looking for a character portrait I usually use this gallery, it's pretty extensive.

I was thinking about drawing my own, but those look pretty rad

hmmmm

Also, I know that this is the wrong thread, but does anyone know any good cures for sun burn? I already took a cold shower, used a shit ton of moisturizers, put white vinegar on the burned areas, and I'm currently spreading pure aloe vera.
    Despite all this, my legs and back still burn a bit. My legs also seem a bit swollen.

Never fall asleep at the beach without sunscreen.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    aloe vera is pretty great, just leave it on overnight

it may feel a bit gross but it helps sunburns a lot

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The thing I'm most worried about at the moment is the swelling.

Oh, and the horrible, stabbing, burning pain
    :(

Also, this guy seems pretty cool, and he has a rapier

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Deal with it

seriously

sunburns suck but they go away after a few days

just remember your sunscreen next time!

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    God it was hot today

We still need the ac on and it's 1 am

I'm a little jealous of Dubh's location; not only is it pretty beautiful, but it's much cooler up in the mountains (was still warm in the evening, though)

I am pretty damn pleased with DE?AD's character's drawing

Janson on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What the hell was our Adventure Company

what does RAAV stand for

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Does it matter?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yes it fucking matters, probably not to you Tommy.

It is our fucking Company

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It is looking like I may end up with 8 characters in the party.

This is going to be so fun.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okay

:(

E: This was directed at Meta's comment

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What the hell was our Adventure Company

what does RAAV stand for

Rapists
    Assholes
    Abominable
    Voyeurs

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am asking the people that made the name cause ya know, it was an actual name.

But we are starting a new campaign or some shit, details to come.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    TFS, you're gonna be playing too?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.