Options

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ack, 11 more kills. Doing HC TDM for the 1 shot kills.

If you miss once with it from the sights, you die.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stigma wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I want the COD4 maps with this game.
    Cash in DLC?

Backlot, Crash, and Broadcast yes.

What no Crossfire ,District ?Whats wrong with you?

Backlot is sexy. I liked chinatown too.

Let's also put in DE_Dust and CS_Assault. CS_Estate would be good too if only the name didn't conflict.

Pipeline. Definately Pipeline.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I do find it amusing some people are railing on it for encouraging suicide tactics. Because "Misery Loves Company" didn't already.

Also, the AT-4 has hilariously large quantities of Splash Damage with DC. Sniping in the mansion, are we? One rocket through the window, coming up.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, doing better than people using primary weapons while I use the worst weapon :!: in the game is pretty fun.

<3 my Deagle, almost got Akimbo!

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm railing on it because the act of killing mans ensures your death in a not insignificant number of situations and that's annoying.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm railing on it because the act of killing mans ensures your death in a not insignificant number of situations and that's annoying.

I dunno, it really just seems mildly annoying to me at worst, and I just ran into a team of people doing it.

I think I snagged 18 WA2000 kills from them. Suckers. I'm kinda glad people are doing it, because at least this way we'll actually get a damned patch.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yesss, this is the most ridiculous weapon combo in the game.

More than even the 1887, because it's just "lol, two giant hand cannons with more recoil than any other weapon in the game"

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The Desert Eagle is a terrible weapon. When compared to the M93, however, almost every pistol is awful.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

I dunno, it really just seems mildly annoying to me at worst, and I just ran into a team of people doing it.

I think I snagged 18 WA2000 kills from them. Suckers. I'm kinda glad people are doing it, because at least this way we'll actually get a damned patch.

Everyone doing it would make for awesome sniper pickings.

Two people out of 6 doing it on cramped maps and just rushing points that your team is trying to cap is incredibly frustrating.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good games on the PC tonight.

This one time, Zen and SirToasty were both riot-shielding B on Skidrow, and I stood behind them and shot mans. Easily the coolest MW2 moment so far.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd chalk that partially up to bad map design for some weapons. Theoretically, you can still Javelin kamikaze almost anywhere anyway, it's just harder. It does turn Scrapyard and Highrise into a clusterfuck, though.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    donhonkdonhonk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    why wont you people add me on psn

donhonk

love you all

lets play some

edit: dote up a cat

donhonk on
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A clusterfuck of Unreal Tournament proportions?

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    And objective B on Skidrow, Karachi, Invasion and Favela

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

To be fair, point B is almost always a kill-zone. Karachi just sucks at point B, though.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good news is that this game should be on my door step when I get home tonight.

Bad news is that I'm wondering if it will be stolen by the time 11:45pm rolls around.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

To be fair, point B is almost always a kill-zone. Karachi just sucks at point B, though.

Well, yes, but now that the act of defending yourself in the cramped quarters there can get you blown the fuck up they present a new problem. :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    arcath wrote: »

Bad news is that I'm wondering if it will be stolen by the time 11:45pm rolls around.

Yeah, that's why I always try to do in-store pickup. I wish that was an option more often for shipping.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, yes, but now that the act of defending yourself in the cramped quarters there can get you blown the fuck up they present a new problem. :P

Heh, it was a problem before this became well known. I'm a bit...er, let's go with "overzealous" with the RPG-7.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fiziks wrote: »
    Good games on the PC tonight.

This one time, Zen and SirToasty were both riot-shielding B on Skidrow, and I stood behind them and shot mans. Easily the coolest MW2 moment so far.
    Woo. I got three consecutive throwing knife kills in that match. Threw one, Scavenger gave me another, threw it, dead body gave me another, threw another, then almost had a 4th.

e: By the way, I tried the javelin glitch tonight since I had an update and it did not work. Looks like it's been fixed. It was fun while it was around but I'm glad it's gone.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Goddamnit.

We ran into some boosters in Domination. So fucking stupid.\

I mean seriously how fucking terrible do you have to be where you have to get a friend onto the other team to fucking help you get a nuke over and over and over and fucking goddamn over?

It's dumb as fuck.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why are you surprised? I would be more shocked finding a whore in a brothel ,then finding jerks on live. Which is to say not much at all.

edit- I use some goddamn retarded analogies Ive noticed.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Damn the Javlin glitchers are out of control. Seven rounds with my buddies tonight on the Xbox and seven rounds of Javelin guys running around blowing people up. Reported each one of them, but man it just gets old after a while. IW really needs to step up and do something about this. Makes game modes like Domination significantly less fun when all it takes to clear out a group of defenders is a douche with a missile.

Anywho, I used to the Pred->Harrier->AC130 killstreak setup with great results. Thanks to whoever posted that.

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    RedcatRedcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Apologies to the person who invited me, I was on my last game of the night.

Redcat on
    360 Metatag for Borderlands: PA Borderwangs
    My 360 tag: Redcat Rising
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Apparently if you get Air Superiority (2 choppers in 1 match) you get a cool General Shepherd emblem. new goal!

Also we found some dudes doing the infinite air drop glitch with an emergency airdrop earlier. We kept on killing them before they could collect but they kept on sending them in

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Apparently if you get Air Superiority (2 choppers in 1 match) you get a cool General Shepherd emblem. new goal!

Also we found some dudes doing the infinite air drop glitch with an emergency airdrop earlier. We kept on killing them before they could collect but they kept on sending them in

You sayin' Gen. Shepherd is cool?

:x:x:x:x

I kid. What kind of chopper? I called in two Chopper Gunners in one match today, and I didn't get anything.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The launcher glitch is annoying. THIS glitch is utter bullshit.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    donhonk wrote: »
    why wont you people add me on psn

donhonk

love you all

lets play some

edit: dote up a cat

i'd add you on psn, but i have a power outage at the moment.

(i'm posting on PA from not-home right now)

xta on
  • Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The recoil on guns in this game is almost nonexistent , even the AK doesn't really kick like it used too.

It's only visual recoil. It doesn't really move at all.

Yeah, I don't like it at all, and it's one of the problems I have with the game, really turns it into a spay and pray cluster fuck when everyone can shoot the wings of a fly.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

The launcher glitch is annoying. THIS glitch is utter bullshit.

Actually if the glitch didn't involve some intermediate steps to get another airdrop grenade I would have probably tried it just so i could toss air drop grenades EVERYWHERE in the attempt to kill people with falling crates....then of course people would pick them up at some point and we would have kill streak calamity. I wouldn't actually use any of the crates.

So I've found the ACR is giving me bad spraying habits when I went back to play my m16 more.

I also dicked around with the m1014whateverthehell shot gun which was actually quite amusing and the ranger shot gun is a piece of shit. I was trying to do some more sniping and get better at it but god damn is it boring as shit. It just doesn't appeal to my play style.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So for some reason I think FMJ may do to the EBR what the silencer is supposed to do (make damage slightly drop off over range like ARs do).

I have it equipped so I can maybe get enough penetration kills to get mastery with it and on long range shots on Wasteland and Afghan I was having to do followup shots on headhots. D:

I'll have to test it out some more but if I'm right fffffuck.
    I have FMJ on my EBR class and have been doing fine with it. Two shots to the body to kill, and getting headshots seems much easier. When I used the suppressor I often had to use two shots to the head.

Also, since I run Cold-Blooded Pro on all my classes, having FMJ on my sniper helps as it increases damage.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    underdonk wrote: »
    Damn the Javlin glitchers are out of control. Seven rounds with my buddies tonight on the Xbox and seven rounds of Javelin guys running around blowing people up. Reported each one of them, but man it just gets old after a while. IW really needs to step up and do something about this. Makes game modes like Domination significantly less fun when all it takes to clear out a group of defenders is a douche with a missile.

Anywho, I used to the Pred->Harrier->AC130 killstreak setup with great results. Thanks to whoever posted that.

Personally I still think knives are more annoying, but knives now have a direct counter -> People glitching missiles. It's like some retarded arms race where nobody wins.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »
    The rumor about Live suspensions for the Jav glitch been broke here?

Contrary to popular belief, usage of Javelins != Glitching.
    It's more fun to use Stingers anyway.

But bans for that are stupid. It's not like it's actually an effective way to do anything. I've seen people at best break even or go slightly positive.

Actually the night a few of us did a javelin party on the PC each round we had one of us manage to go 2:1 KD without using a single gun or symtex. One time I actually chased two guys half way around quary when they stopped next to a third guy. I then ran in front of all three as they were firing at something and started jumping around. It took them a good 3+ seconds to kill me. If I had a gun all 3 would have been dead much sooner but this was just fucking hilarious.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    arcath wrote: »

So much for overnight shipping.

Either that or it was stolen while I was at work. :/

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    underdonk wrote: »

Personally I still think knives are more annoying, but knives now have a direct counter -> People glitching missiles. It's like some retarded arms race where nobody wins.

The best part is that you can still knife while jav-ing off. It's like layers of stupid.

And it can be damn near game-breaking in Domination. Not in the "olol they always win" sense, but more in the "oh fuck now this isn't fun for anybody" sense...it may not get you kills (though it often does) and it may not get you wins, but it's a sure-fire way to ruin everybody's night.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    It's like some retarded arms race where nobody wins.

So it is a realistic modern war simulation.

Fats on
  • Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    are the cheaters less prevalent on the PC version?

MindLib on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't think people should be banned for using the jav glitch, but it definitely is a glitch and should be fixed.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I don't think people should be banned for using the jav glitch, but it definitely is a glitch and should be fixed.

My thought. And this is a pretty easy one to trigger, how the hell did QA miss this one?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jesus I had the pleasure of experiencing, akimbo rangers, akimbo 1887s and drop grenade witches all in one match plus a guy who could track my cold-blooded ninja build through a wall or building and headshot me when i appeared.

There was nothing like this in MW1 that was just game breaking that I remember. Also 1887s shouldn't be a one shot kill from as far away as they are. I've come to feel like the comic in the OP

initiatefailure on