As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm glad it all got there! I had to make up for two years of missed secret santa, so this time I went all out!

I tried to tie everything together with a common theme. Halo stuff is future military, so is Modern warfare, hence the MREs which also go well for a zombie survival kit to go with the blood and L4D2. The rest of the Japanese stuff was just because it was awesome! That Stuff in the monster can is Chu Hi, it's by far my favorite drink here, I LOVE IT!

Merry Xmas Custom! If you need any help figuring out those MRE's let me know, they are pretty self explanatory.

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

No fancy images, as these were all Steam gifts, but you do get an awesome list of the games I received and my thoughts on them.
    Torchlight
    I've heard so much about this and have wanted to play it so badly, so now I can! Currently downloading now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    I've been wanting to play this game, but haven't been able to due to my lackluster graphics card. After my recent upgrade, I'll be able to tear this thing up on max. I actually almost bought this today due to the Steam sale.

Zombie Shooter 2
    I've heard of it and wanted to play it, since I'm a big zombie nerd and all. This will probably be what I download next.

Stubbs the Zombie
    Ever since this came out back on the OXbox, I was really interested in trying this out, but I never did own an OXbox. I actually forgot that there was a PC version up until a few months ago.

Grand Theft Auto 4
    I've got this on the 360, but I think this would be more fun on the PC, with all the mods and "free" multiplayer. I never got anywhere on the 360 version, but I see myself getting further on the PC port.

travathian, you ejaculated games all over my face and I'm going to swallow every last delicious drop. Thanks so much for expanding my PC game library! It needed the boost you just gave it.

tardcore on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got my gift today from TK-42-1.

IT WAS A THREESOME!!! Pics below.
    P1020010.jpg

P1020011.jpg

Next time I go to Arcade-In-A-Box, these hot bitches are coming with me!

Morvidus on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guiiiiiiiiileeee.

Morvidus, go home and be a family man.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mmm Neca figures.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WraithXt1 wrote: »
    I'm glad it all got there! I had to make up for two years of missed secret santa, so this time I went all out!

I tried to tie everything together with a common theme. Halo stuff is future military, so is Modern warfare, hence the MREs which also go well for a zombie survival kit to go with the blood and L4D2. The rest of the Japanese stuff was just because it was awesome! That Stuff in the monster can is Chu Hi, it's by far my favorite drink here, I LOVE IT!

Merry Xmas Custom! If you need any help figuring out those MRE's let me know, they are pretty self explanatory.

Though not military, I am quite familiar with the MRE. I used to get them for backpacking at the surplus all the time until they stopped stocking them regularly. I'm looking forward to them!

Now I've been googling random english words on that stuff to try and find out what it is (like choya liquer with Asian plums!).
    Thanks again, Wraith! You made my nerd Christmas super awesome!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    thats over 100 points of articulation!

im glad it got there before christmas.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    thats over 100 points of articulation!

im glad it got there before christmas.

It'll be the next big Disney movie.

101 Points of Articulation.

Schide on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    After a tremendously terrible day, and I mean fucking horrible, I come home to see I have a package. Santa, You rock face. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow, mostly due to how low my camera phone is on battery. The presents are possibly the coolest I've recieved, mostly due to the fact that I've been looking for those 3 books for GOD DAMN AGES, AND THEY AREN'T IN A LIBRARY COLLECTION ANYMORE.

Ketar, you have made my Christmas. Thank you so much, and if you are ever in NY/Philly, tell me, I'll hook you up with a place to crash. Hats off to you.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mmm Neca figures.

I both love and HATE NECA..

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Varega wrote: »
    After a tremendously terrible day, and I mean fucking horrible, I come home to see I have a package. Santa, You rock face. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow, mostly due to how low my camera phone is on battery. The presents are possibly the coolest I've recieved, mostly due to the fact that I've been looking for those 3 books for GOD DAMN AGES, AND THEY AREN'T IN A LIBRARY COLLECTION ANYMORE.

Ketar, you have made my Christmas. Thank you so much, and if you are ever in NY/Philly, tell me, I'll hook you up with a place to crash. Hats off to you.

Heh, I'm especially glad you liked those books since the first one is what took so long with getting your package to you. Frelling out-of-print books... I ordered the first one from an Amazon Marketplace vendor before Thanksgiving - it was supposed to be a "like new" condition paperback shipped from the Boston area, and what I got was a hardcover, book club edition with various library stamps and wear and tear and reeking insanely of smoke, that arrived after items ordered from Hong Kong on the same day o_O The vendor promised me it was a mistake and that the "like new" paperback would be sent immediately. I still haven't received it; I ended up having to order another one from eBay.

So I'm very glad that those were a good choice :P

Ketar on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No post again. Not sure what's happening. Santa, should I call the post office? Or was the date an estimate?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    No post again. Not sure what's happening. Santa, should I call the post office? Or was the date an estimate?

Ok. I don't know if this is politically correct to do, but I am your Santa. I shipped the giftage on the 11th and it said it should be there by the 21st. I would give them a call if you can. It should be there.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Ok. I don't know if this is politically correct to do, but I am your Santa. I shipped the giftage on the 11th and it said it should be there by the 21st. I would give them a call if you can. It should be there.

D:

Thank you. That's totally weird, it was you replying all along about the wang cream :P it didn't click

I'll call the post office on boxing day. Did it have tracking? Maybe it took longer than usual because of the Christmas rush + postal strikes. I'll let you know!

edit: Also, sorry you had to ship to Australia :P Hopefully a Kangaroo hasn't nabbed it.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

D:

Thank you. That's totally weird, it was you replying all along about the wang cream :P it didn't click

I'll call the post office on boxing day. Did it have tracking? Maybe it took longer than usual because of the Christmas rush + postal strikes. I'll let you know!

From what I know, the tracking stops for me once it leaves the states and it did that already.
    Your item left the United States from ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 6:25 PM on December 12, 2009.

I mean, how long does it take for something to go all the way to Australia? It also says guaranteed delivery by the 21st, so hopefully they just have it at the post office for you. :?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AusteraAustera Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    YAY Mr. Heist, killer games for a killer santa!

Btw I checked out the CDs, totally my kind of music *thumbs up*
    It's too bad they've broken up, I'm a fan.

Austera on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wintertime is here. 20 degrees F, and it's snowing and drifting all over the place. I guess it's good that I didn't leave anything until the last minute this year, because my car might be buried by morning. :P (FWIW, I grew up in a place where 32 degrees below zero F weren't unusual, so 20 above is really not bad by comparison.)

Norfair on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

A WILD PACKAGE HAS APPEARED!!!
    -snip-

Ooooh pretty wrapping!
    23928958.jpg

Newegg hrmmmm
    56432728.jpg

What is this wild BEAST staring at me!!!
    11064907.jpg

A Crazy red monkey with a square belly!
    83874321.jpg

A concealed present hmm what could it be?
    32085206.jpg

Dragon Age, sweet!
    41525909.jpg

Now Santa you didn't expose yourself, so now I ask of you to please show your self for this is a truly balla gift!

you might want to pull or edit that first picture, the one with the complete readable address by any random stranger on the internet...

freakish light on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A week remains.

The giftening hastens.

JAEF on
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm sorry Santee, just got an email from Amazon:
    Amazon wrote:
    Hello,

We're contacting you to let you know about a possible delay in deliveries due to severe weather. Our carriers have assured us they will deliver packages as soon as possible after it's safe for their drivers to do so.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll arrive soon.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Gift has been acquired!
    IMG_0342.jpg
    I immediately get my two new roomates to check things out...
    IMG_0343.jpg
    They quickly loose interest. There goes my idea of training them as bomb sniffing cats..
    IMG_0346.jpg
    Awesome! I been meaning to pick up a cooking book, and this was recommended in H/A! Good stalking!
    And now I can pick up Trials HD!

Thanks so much Rook! And you say there's a care package coming from across the ocean? Again, thanks so much.
    IMG_0345.jpg
    Someone is ready to be shipped out!

Hi! Glad they arrived. I'm sorry about the care package as I was super-unorganised so it probably won't arrive for a while (I missed the christmas posting deadline by about 10 days!). Cute cats!

Rook on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Woo hoo it is Christmas Eve!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

I'm at my parents house and everybody is full of cheer.

They also all think my new PS3 is pretty amazing.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    In a case of amazing timing, a package turned up at exactly the same time I was planning on travelling half-way across the country. So I quickly stuffed them into my baggage and set off on a journey across the country.

Of course curiosity got the better of me long before I arrived but anyways GIFT GET!
    hollyandgifts2.png
    Obviously someone is disappointed they're not edible!

I got The Company by KJ Parker and A Good Day by Priscilla Ahn! Great stuff, KJ Parker is one of my favourite authors, and I've recently been playing along to a lot of Priscilla Ahn songs whilst I learn to play the guitar. I have to say I'm always shocked by other people's stalking skills as I was pretty sure I hadn't given out my wishlist, so it was a super surprise to get two items from it.

NickTheNewbie was also kind enough to give me an open invitation to MAGFest! Should I ever find myself in DC over the festive period.

So Merry Christmas all, and thanks NickTheNewbie, these were some great gifts.

Rook on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Woo hoo it is Christmas Eve!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

I'm at my parents house and everybody is full of cheer.

They also all think my new PS3 is pretty amazing.

Happy Christmas Eve to you too!

So they like the kittens?

217531322_9SYYN-L-2.jpg

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GET!

-snip-

Ooooh pretty wrapping!
    23928958.jpg

Newegg hrmmmm
    56432728.jpg

What is this wild BEAST staring at me!!!
    11064907.jpg

A Crazy red monkey with a square belly!
    83874321.jpg

A concealed present hmm what could it be?
    32085206.jpg

Dragon Age, sweet!
    41525909.jpg

Now Santa you didn't expose yourself, so now I ask of you to please show your self for this is a truly balla gift!

Hope the crazy monkey blanket keeps your new little one warm! Forgot to put the card in as I was in a rush, Merry Christmas!

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any news, mooshoepork? I have absolutely no clue what time it is there in Australia. So, if you are sleeping right now, well, stop being from Australia!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So some of you may remember me getting gifts like three weeks ago.

Apparently that was just part one!
    secretsanta5.jpg

whats this? MORE GIFTS?

secretsanta6.jpg

holy crap

secretsanta7.jpg
    sweet!

secretsanta8.jpg

a snork mask!!?!?!?!

secretsanta9.jpg
    holy shit!

secretsanta10.jpg
    Canadian candy! om nom nom

oh man, best secret santa ever!

thanks Asiina!

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not usually one to judge, but why would you want candy that, and I quote, "still tastes like soap!"?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Did Asiina just knit you a gimp mask?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I dont really have a good answer to either of those questions, all I know is that Coffee Crisps are the most delicious thing I've ever tasted....its like a Little Debby Nutty Bar that tastes like Coffee ice cream...

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MadPoet recieves loot: [Gift].

I know this package had a long and harrowing journey, so I will do my best to give it a proper writeup.
    Gizmo examines the package. Royal Mail! It must be another restraining order from Keeley Hazel! But this one is larger than the regular ones.
    bombsniffingcat.jpg

Gizmo has declared the package safe, or at least lacking in catnip.
    packagesafe.jpg

Seeing as the cat has run off, I will have to pose for the obligatory bag on head picture myself.
    bagonhead.jpg

Aaaannnd.... Open!
    aaaand.jpg

What are the chances that a newbie Rugby player in Oregon would get someone that knows the sport?
    holyshirt.jpg

Apparently one in one, as I now am the proud owner of a custom away jersey for the Scarlets! The number two is used to signify my position as Hooker, who is both the toughest man on the pitch and the most popular after the match.
    glamourshot.jpgback.jpg

Since I know my brothers will ask at practice, I had to translate some of the words.
    colegsirgar.jpg
    I believe Colegsirgar is the College of the Sirgar, who were Welsh Poet-Warriors in the 13th century. Their pillaging of 75% of Europe's consonants gave birth to the Welsh language.
    adeiladwaith.jpg
    Adeiladwaiths were lesser known villians in The Lord of the Rings. They attempted to bribe The One Ring away from Frodo with Cawl Mamgu and Aberffraw Cakes.
    adaffyohwhatever.jpg
    A traditional Welsh Rugby saying, meaning "May the blood of your enemies come out with a little ammonia, or perhaps just some shampoo and cold water."
    And there's more! Impatient with waiting for the package to arrive, Louie messaged me with the other part of my gift early, and I have in my grubby little virtual hands a copy of Torchlight! Diablo 2.5 GET!

Thank you Louie! I didn't have a squad to root for, so I'll cheer on the Scarlets next season!
    Nadolig Llawen!

Madpoet on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Handkor wrote: »
    Thank you Santa but I could not find who you were on the notes, all I have is your real name.

You're welcome! I'm glad the book worked out, and hope you enjoy South Park.
    Merry Christmas,
    Santa

Madpoet on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's fucking awesome.

This thread makes me smile all the time.

And Rook, thanks again for the gift and don't worry about how late the care package is. The fact that I'm getting more than what you gifted already is plenty to tide me over.

That and Trials HD which I bought with the MS points. Such a damn addicting game.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mooshoepork, my mom says that it is guaranteed to leave the states by the 21st apparently. So, it could still be in transit.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    bigwah wrote: »
    GIFT GET!

Hope the crazy monkey blanket keeps your new little one warm! Forgot to put the card in as I was in a rush, Merry Christmas!

Thanks a million, Im going to use the blanket, but we were going to stuff the monkey for a pillow for the baby.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jclast wrote: »
    I'm not usually one to judge, but why would you want candy that, and I quote, "still tastes like soap!"?

Oddly enough, even though it does in fact taste like soap, it's really damn good.
    It's fucking bizzare.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Woo glad you liked it madpoet. I know I posted my fears about it disappearing far too often. I'm going to have to call up the shop and have words as you were supposed to get a home jersey. Red is a more aggresive shade and can be more intimidating on the field. Your translations were spot on. Some of the bits you missed out were lyrics from our club song, if you look closely you may find a sospan fach (little saucepan) that we sing about and it still sits on top of the goal posts!

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I figured you picked the away jersey because A: I'm pretty far away, and B: Christmas colors!

Madpoet on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So, about gifting...

I ordered a print and PA tshirt for two different friends. First, I paid $22 for 2 day air. I ordered it about last Saturday and it got here today. Where did my $22 go?

So I look at the package and it looks as if there is only a print in there. I was pissed because I was exchanging gifts today with one of my friends. I open it to see a shirt in there. I am relieved. I open up the shirt to see that it is the "megaman in a heart" shirt and a small. Too bad I ordered the rock band/guitar hero shirt and a medium.

I sent an email to customer support. Khoo, <3 you if you can expedite this with your "I work at Penny Arcade" powers. :cry:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    DuoRCN wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Dear Santa,
    I waited to open my presents until I had my santees packages away. So my reward for a couple weeks of procrastination and failed stalking were as follows

A giant Tome of Trivia knowledge, to better assist my attempts to play 1v100 on my nights off:
    GTSS01-TomeOfTrivia.JPG?attredirects=0

1600 Microsoft Moonbucks for being awesome at trivia:
    GTSS02-MSFunbux.JPG

John Dies At The End, which shall be devoured shortly:
    GTSS03-JohnDiesAtTheEnd.JPG

Additionally, I received a pair of ingame pets for WoW, which I was going to purchase for my fiance (she has like 80 pets in game, no joke). So I gave them to her. She thanks you, Dear Santa.
    lilkt.jpgpandaren.jpg

The Spread:
    GTSS04-thespread.JPG
    But what is that friendly blue face among the loot? And why is his other side black? Someone to my north will better know the answers to these questions soon enough.
    Aforementioned fiance may have been drafted to assemble him.

Wait, no candy? Well...expect candy.

Negative, sir. Gift reception as follows: Box from Amazon containing Trivia Book and Points; WoW Pets; Amazon box containing John Dies At The End.

I have already devoured two of the delicious Mint Aero bars.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman