Options

[NBA] - Arenas and Wall: the next Bonnie and Clyde

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    clownfood wrote: »
    Jesus christ, zach randolph is playing insane basketball.

It's too bad he is going to be completely overshadowed by Yi : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    man, I wonder if the blazers will even be able to field a team by the time march rolls around

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    man, I wonder if the blazers will even be able to field a team by the time march rolls around

Open tryouts!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rockets win, tie season series with Mavs! Happy New Year, Dallas!

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    and the referees hand the game to the thunder
    how often are you gonna hear that

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    also i gotta feel bad for millsap
    i have never seen a guy get more undeserving fouls called on him

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »

Open tryouts!

Somewhere, Shawn Bradley is preparing for a comeback.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so arenas and crittenton pull guns on each other apparently?

someone make a shooting percentage joke to break the ice

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4787825
    NEW YORK -- Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Last week, the Wizards and Arenas acknowledged that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker, and the NBA said it was looking into the situation.

Hahahaha. Epic.

Man if Artest got a season for punching out a fan, I'm wondering what pulling a gun on your teammate will cause.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I knew there was a reason that I never stopped calling them the Bullets.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Wizards being a stupid name is reason enough to call them anything else.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "arenas healthy; sits out season"

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    who is it that always says the root of every nba dispute is either poker or women?

also, checking your fantasy team's stats and seeing a ridiculous game from a dude you weren't expecting much from is the best thing

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nate Robinson with a huge game after being benched for 12 games.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Note to D'Antoni: Stop trying to "teach". Just field the players to win games. Take your fucking ego out of it. Imagine even how much better your December would be if you had a consistent 20pts/night.

And wow, fuck you Kobe (for the third time this season) but WOW that was a pretty shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYbKZFd34Y

Profs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kobe's heel looks suspiciously close to the out-of-bounds line there...

Also any criticism of the Knicks has keep in mind that their entire strategy for 2 whole years is to tank for two years and hope to high hell a high-calibur free agent lands in their lap this summer. D'antoni could instruct his players to leave strategic mounds of crap on the court b/c in the end, no one in that organization gives a shit about what happens on the court this year. It kind of sucks for the players since they know that management doesn't give two shits about them and has given up, but you can't really blame Knicks management for taking this course or action either.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Nevermind his heels, at :18 he pushes off to gain separation.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Knicks are pretty interesting. They have to decide whether or not to keep David Lee after this year. Gallinari is still under contract for at least one more year. No 2010 first round pick due to the 2004 trade for Marbury is hilarious. And yeah, benching Nate for 14 games in a row and have him come out and drop 41 was a little strange to say the least. Neither Lee nor Harrington could get it going in the game. It's probably the first overall bad game I've seen out of Lee this year.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lee is pretty much a guaranteed double-double machine, but I wonder how much of his rebounding numbers is a result of the Knicks having lots of shooters that cant throw a beach ball in the ocean.

I still love him because he's a white guy who's the best player on his team in the NBA and because he went to UF.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Lee is pretty much a guaranteed double-double machine, but I wonder how much of his rebounding numbers is a result of the Knicks having lots of shooters that cant throw a beach ball in the ocean.

I still love him because he's a white guy who's the best player on his team in the NBA and because he went to UF.

I think he'd do fine on just about any team. Hortford seemed to really bother him last night though.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    More like Avi Lee.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Watching Bulls v. Celtics 1986 playoffs game 2.

Everyone is so tiny.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Hardly, the guy you're referring to wasn't even paying attention to Kobe (running one way, facing another), who didn't extend an arm or anything wrong as he was basically ran into. The only reason you guys even notice that is because he clumsily stumbles all over the place afterwards.

The heel was close but didn't look out. The Sacramento coaches were literally staring right at it and they had no reaction after other than the crushing sadness of what just happened.

Sorry guys, it's good. :rotate:

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Looks like Derrick Rose has decided he wants to play agressively. 26/6/6 at the beginning on the 4th quarter.

The Magic are shooting terribly.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bergy wrote: »

They were until you opened your big mouth :P

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Hardly, the guy you're referring to wasn't even paying attention to Kobe (running one way, facing another), who didn't extend an arm or anything wrong as he was basically ran into. The only reason you guys even notice that is because he clumsily stumbles all over the place afterwards.

The heel was close but didn't look out. The Sacramento coaches were literally staring right at it and they had no reaction after other than the crushing sadness of what just happened.

Sorry guys, it's good. :rotate:

Yeah, his heel was definitely in-bounds (they reviewed it), but watching it again in the slo-mo you can see Kobe shove him off with his forearm. Sorry man, its true. Amazing shot, but if it wasn't the end of the game there would/should have been a whistle.

Profs on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    he doesn't push off, at least not more than the other guy pushes him

if anything he's guilty of setting a moving screen, but that kind of thing happens all the time during the game and it's not called.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

They still lost, its all good.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

They still lost, its all good.

Yeah, it was just funny how as soon as I turned on the game they made something like three threes in a row.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    It sure is hard to watch basketball. Almost every night I feel like watching a decent game on TV, but there aren't any on. Am I missing some of the nationally televised games? I get all Knicks and Nets games, but those are often difficult to watch (mainly the nets). I just realized the other day I don't have WGN, a network I've had my whole life until now. At least then I'd have one more choice.

Cauld on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cauld wrote: »
    It sure is hard to watch basketball. Almost every night I feel like watching a decent game on TV, but there aren't any on. Am I missing some of the nationally televised games? I get all Knicks and Nets games, but those are often difficult to watch (mainly the nets). I just realized the other day I don't have WGN, a network I've had my whole life until now. At least then I'd have one more choice.

Only reason I saw Chicago vs. Orlando is because I live in central FL. ESPN and TNT are the only networks carrying nationally televised games, and occasionally ABC (partners with ESPN) on Christmas and the occasional playoff game. I think they televise the NBA finals too.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ABC has games on Sunday afternoons sometimes. Pretty much just if it's like Kobe vs. Lebron or something, though.

Two games every Thursday on TNT is pretty much the most consistent thing. I think there's usually a Wednesday game on ESPN, and almost always a Friday game, sometimes two on Friday.

Nets are awesome BTW : (

Also Grizzlies are .500! It's like a whole new season! Hopefully one where Mike Conley doesn't suck.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cauld wrote: »

ESPN has them on most Wednesdays and Fridays, TNT has games every Thursday, and once the NFL is over ABC will have Sunday games.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I admit, I jumped late on the Arenas bandwagon, but @gilbertarenas has been hilarious on a cringe worthy level.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bulls vs. Thunder tonight.

Pretty exciting matchup. Players of the week for both conferences represented.

Durant has scored 30+ points a game for 7 straight games.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    I admit, I jumped late on the Arenas bandwagon, but @gilbertarenas has been hilarious on a cringe worthy level.

The important thing is that you're here.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bulls vs. Thunder tonight.

Pretty exciting matchup. Players of the week for both conferences represented.

Durant has scored 30+ points a game for 7 straight games.

Don't try to make da bulls important. I kid. I'm mentally trying to create a situation where a fictional Seattle team is important, so I do not blame you.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Adam Morrison steals a high 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC0QwSqs81g

BubbaT on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How did Morrison become so terrible? His rookie season he put up serviceable to good-ish numbers. Wasn't he a good 3-pt shooter in college? 23% is pretty bad.

Man, he actually makes nearly as much as Artest! That might be skewed by back-loading of contracts, though.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    haha, the shot of phil is awesome

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
This discussion has been closed.