As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Clean Thread

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I loved my job when I was working as a dishwasher, it felt good to actually see the results of my work.

It was also very frustrating knowing that some things just had to remain dirty because we didn't have time. I cleaned the dishes and everything else I had to clean as best as I could but those walls would get sticky with grease and dust that just built up over the years. I just didn't have enough time. :(

The air was bad enough that the glasses and plates we had sitting out would get that grime on them themselves if we didn't use them enough, and the only way to clean it off was to scrub them by hand. I learned early on to do this over the trash can incase I dropped something.

I also learned that you could use 409 on nearly everything, comet is a god send but nothing works better than soap and water.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah thats the rigged thing, it's the stomach flu. so she didnt even get to get drunk :(

or so she claims

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A shop vac or a dust devil?

the one that makes everything smell bad and makes you vomit on a cat outside

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this one time i didn't throw up from drinking

oh wait that's every time

i've gotten blackout drunk many times and didn't throw up

what is with you people

Faricazy on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    fari may i suggest that you might be drinking too hard

Raneados on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had heartburn so I took some Peptobismol tablets. It more had the mentos/coke effect, but in my digestive tract. I missed the hell out of the toilet.

Kinda awful seeing spots you forgot to clean a couple of days later.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    my favorite instance of drunken hijinks was neville's birthday

everyone got destroyed that night

i was drunk and high out of my mind and helped keep a cat together all night until like 4

i fell asleep and got woke up by neville

he needed my help immediately. our one roommate from ohio walked to his doorway, dropped his pants and neville looked on, dazed and confused

and started pissing all over his floor

after cleaning up two literal buckets full of puke that night, i was so goddamn tired but it had to be done. we had to take care of that piss that started in the hallway and ended on nevs' floor

it was a good thing neville got a shamwow for his birthday

i think our only response the following that morning after was "what the fuck happened"

and "ryan is banned from drinking in this house"

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    this one time i didn't throw up from drinking

oh wait that's every time

i've gotten blackout drunk many times and didn't throw up

what is with you people
    Heart of a champion.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    sticking it to the man

's

couch

Kovak on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've never been blackout drunk

I have, however, thrown up. It's harder to drink once you pass the age of 23-24, certainly. Also, I was stupid and hadn't eaten anything all afternoon/evening and didn't drink enough water

Janson on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    fari may i suggest that you might be drinking too hard

:O

how is that possible!

i've never pissed myself either although one time i nearly pissed on a dude i know

i was taking a leak in a bar bathroom and he comes in and does his thing next to me and makes conversation and at one point my reply involved turning towards him while still pissing

whoops

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    i've never pissed myself either although one time i nearly pissed on a dude i know

i was taking a leak in a bar bathroom and he comes in and does his thing next to me and makes conversation and at one point my reply involved turning towards him while still pissing

whoops
    Don't cross the streams! :x

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    you're defeating the purpose of drinking if you stop having a good time while drinking

puking is not good times
    pissing things that people don't want you to piss on is not good times
    blacking out is not good times

why are you all silly gooses

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    puking is not good times
    pissing on things is potentially hilarious, like public urination and cops
    blacking out is neutral times, you might not remember having good times

and then be shown video footage of said good times months later

:O

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the clusterfuck of other roommates at the old place was terrible

either people couldn't hold their liquor or excessively smoked weed

i smoked the hell out of weed, but i didn't ever let it get in the way of doing our dishes or make it awkward for company coming to my place

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    after three pints i develop superior pool skills

seriously i am so fucking awful when i'm sober

and when drinking starts i am suddenly making pockets and winning rounds of drinks

Faricazy on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    gonna steamclean the carpet in the morn as it is smelling as the family dogs now

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i'll probably be coming back to this thread all tomorrow as I make the rounds in my apartment

with questions

questions like "how do you clean up a ground-in poo from a ceiling fan"

and "what is a sponge"

Raneados on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dunno about you guys, but when I finally get my own house, the bathroom will be designed to be pressure-cleaned. As in, remove towels and toilet roll, spray detergent all over everything with a pump-pack, then bring in the pressure cleaner and blast that shit.

10 minutes, once a week.

Fucking done.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Raneados - get this and this and never have a cleaning-related question again.

Edit: Amy got those as part of her 10 year anniversary present last year. Believe it or not, she actually asked for them. I really should marry that girl one day...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I want a rich-people shower, the ones that are like a tiny room.

Much easier sexytimes.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    get willpower and a washcloth

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Much easier sexytimes.

I saw Shaq's bathroom on Cribs and nearly shat myself.

It's bigger than my apartment. And much nicer.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    those books are probably full of information that is pretty obvious like

use bleach

or

don't poo on things

always trying to change me

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you can take any shower

get a sub-$20 hose shower head

and have sexy times

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Much easier sexytimes.

i also want a little table on wheels i can use for my laptop when on the can

having it on my lap is so plebeian

weaver i meant like in terms of room to move around

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    if i wanted an enema i would give myself an enema

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    those books are probably full of information that is pretty obvious like

use bleach

or

don't poo on things

always trying to change me

Actually the main author Shannon Lush is very anti-chemical. Clean your shower with cloves and shit.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kovak wrote: »
    sticking it to the man

's

couch

8-)

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    but bleach is cheap and works fine

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Much easier sexytimes.

Swivelling laptop shelf that comes out from the wall next to the shitter. Make it yourself, $40 worth of shit from the hardware store.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Much easier sexytimes.

Swivelling laptop shelf that comes out from the wall next to the shitter. Make it yourself, $40 worth of shit from the hardware store.
    fuck no what is that work

gotta get that shit vintage

authentic 1880's rosewood engraved letterwriting-on-the-shitter table

Faricazy on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    drinkin' a dew, postin' on the plus-plus from my mahogany shitter-desk with the mother-of-pearl inlay

this is living

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i just cut my own hair

looks okay

i'll do a touch up after my shower tomorrow

Raneados on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The vast majority of my bedroom floor is visible.

This is an improvement from when I was little and had to organize an expedition into its depths to find anything.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MKR wrote: »

This is an improvement from when I was little and had to organize an expedition into its depths to find anything.

My sisters room is like that. At times you literally cannot see the floor. To walk in there is fraught with danger, both to your ankles and to the various things you can hear and feel breaking underfoot.

Thing is, she's 29 this year... And she also has a caravan packed to the roof with crap.

Fucking hoarder artist types.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

My sisters room is like that. At times you literally cannot see the floor. To walk in there is fraught with danger, both to your ankles and to the various things you can hear and feel breaking underfoot.

Thing is, she's 29 this year... And she also has a caravan packed to the roof with crap.

What you have to do is get her to clean it up once. The realization that it's normal to see your floor and that it's kind of nice is like unraveling the fabric of the universe and observing its naked truth.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What you have to do is get her to clean it up once. The realization that it's normal to see your floor and that it's kind of nice is like unraveling the fabric of the universe and observing its naked truth.

I'll give you a thousand dollars if you can do it.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I'll give you a thousand dollars if you can do it.

That's nowhere near enough to build a proper mind control device.

MKR on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like this thread.

Especially the OP

Cleanliness is close to Godliness.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png