Options

Get Out Of Here Before This [Mass Effect] Thread Blows! Run!

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Eh I don't need Joker to be a squadmate. I just need way, way, way more EDI/Joker dialog.

There needs to be way more dialog in general, if there's one thing I want more of in ME3 it's party interaction, and dialog.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    DigitalJawaDigitalJawa Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I loved the subtle shift that took place between Joker and EDI in terms of dialogue, that was really masterfully done.

And yeah more party interaction/dialogue would be great. Though I think the number one thing on my wish list for ME3 would be a story that wasn't quite so "video gamey" in it's layout.

DigitalJawa on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    We just need more EDI jokes.
    I think the moment when EDI says "I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees" is one of the best moments in both games.

It's interesting because you can hear something approaching real concern in EDI's voice.

Either that, or it's just it's calculated method to inspire optimal performance from Joker to maximize EDI's survival odds. Because remember EDI is not a woman. EDI is a computer program.

The codex indicates AIs have personalities though. My take on EDI was in fact she has a lot more personality then most, and was just hiding behind protocol to mess with Joker.

Also that is is easily one of the best moments in both games.
    Particularly because the camera and modelling work nails it perfectly - you get Joker's expression and then her response.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Number one ME3 wish would be a remarkably clever explanation for the actions of the Reapers that leads to the hardest decision(s) so far in the series.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Number one ME3 wish would be a remarkably clever explanation for the actions of the Reapers that leads to the hardest decision(s) so far in the series.

Hopefully one option is to launch kinetic impactors at those slimy fucks in the Tali fansturbation thread.

Robman on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hopefully one option is to launch kinetic impactors at those slimy fucks in the Tali fansturbation thread.

What's wrong with liking Tali? You guys are ridiculous.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »

Tali is a pretty good character. The Tali fan thread on the Bioware forum deserves nothing less then cleansing by fire.

Robman on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Tali's my one of favourate charcters

Just not THAT great.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »

Just not THAT great.

I don't think anyone quite knows what the deal is with that thread. I mean, I like her as well...but, like, well English doesn't have words to explain that thread.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So some missions are definitely more vanguard friendly than others.

Only died once during the recruitment for garrus. Died I-don't-even-know-how-many times during Grunt's though. Fucking blue suns are annoyingly effective shots. I actually ran out of medi-gel for a bit during the mission because my retarded squad mates wouldn't stay back and in cover.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Just not THAT great.

I don't think anyone quite knows what the deal is with that thread. I mean, I like her as well...but, like, well English doesn't have words to explain that thread.

There's some Biblical language that works well with it. "Hellfire", "Apocalypse" etc.

Robman on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

There is liking Tali and there is liking her enough to post in that thread and let me tell you those two things are worlds apart.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »

There is liking Tali and there is liking her enough to post in that thread and let me tell you those two things are worlds apart.

Or you know - read that thread. I can't even get past the OP. Click to any random page and I can't read more then a single sentence.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the other threads for other characters are not quite that bad but they are still pretty bad

mirimaniacs

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [/QUOTE]
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Or you know - read that thread. I can't even get past the OP. Click to any random page and I can't read more then a single sentence.

I'll give you guys a conversation:
    It was a little akward when Parasini kissed Shepard's cheek on Illium. And then when Shiala flirted with him.

Tali was right there.
    I KNOW!!!!
    I was like: "Do something about this, Tali! You've got a shotgun! Blow the **** away! At least pistol whip someone."
    She did do something. She sighed to herself, and told herself it's better this way

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    welp, thread ruined

can we have a new one

we're almost at 100...

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    We should set some house rules.

1. DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THE BIOWARE TALI THREAD
    2. DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THE BIOWARE TALI THREAD
    2. a) DO NOT POST ANYTHING FROM THE BIOWARE TALI THREAD
    3. IF YOU POST ANYTHING FROM THE BIOWARE TALI THREAD FUCK YOU
    3. a) SERIOUSLY GO PUNCH YOUR BALLS OR SOMETHING INSTEAD

Robman on
  • Options
    EnbotEnbot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It could be worse. It could be Tali fanfiction.

Uh oh.

Enbot on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You know you have a secret stash of tali fanfiction under your pillow

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Nah that's the_scarab

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Cryo84RCryo84R Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Quarians have hard skin like turians. Hate to break it to you. Grunt confirms this.

But hey, from the looks of that thing, some people are really into chaffing.

Cryo84R on
    So, I see the caterpillar has emerged from his cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Nah that's the_scarab

Yeah I recite poetry to my memorial shrine for gunnery chief williams.

ACHT HAF NEIN UBERMENCH SIG HEIL STURHMWAFFZALER EICHT EIN OKTOBERFEST

:cry:

I'll never forgive myself for leaving her on Virmire that one time

Robman on
  • Options
    Cryo84RCryo84R Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Holy shit, Jack is also Juhani? (voice actress)

Cryo84R on
    So, I see the caterpillar has emerged from his cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    And just so I don't disappoint.
    masseffect2201002261149.jpg

8-)

EDIT: It's strange seeing your Shepard without the googles :lol:

That's not goggles Shepard.

This is goggles Shepard:
    masseffect2201002130142.jpg

Someone else made goggle Shepard's face, though, not me.

What's the code for that?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cryo84R wrote: »
    Holy shit, Jack is also Juhani? (voice actress)

Yep, Courtenay Taylor :mrgreen:

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We're not posting Tali fanfics here.

It wont happen, I'll make sure of it

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

The Tali thread is your salvation, through destruction.
    And just so I don't disappoint.
    masseffect2201002261149.jpg

Hum. Something's missing.
    oauiph.jpg
    Ah, yes.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    plush that is fantastic

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's a fascinating back and forth in the comments to this article regarding ME2

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26955/Analysis_Mass_Effect_2s_Surprising_Genre_Experiment.php

Some dude is ranting about how all the RPG elements got stripped from ME2.

No dude, looting dead dudes and min/maxing items isn't partaking in an RPG. A role playing game will encourage you to adopt a role and play it in a game. If you analyze it from that angle, a lot of very valid criticisms emerge - the "big" decisions in ME2 seem designed to be highly modular, easily revisited in ME3 with email messages. The explicitly episodic nature of missions with that god awful MISSION ACCOMPLISHED music, temporarily breaking the frantic momentum of the game. The decreased amount of cross-talk in your squad.

But ME2 is definitely a shooter/RPG. Bioware just wised up to the fact that you don't need to micro your inventory in an RPG.

Robman on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    Jack just strikes me as a bit too one-dimensional. Just about every decision she's made, including her outlandish looks, is based on her tortured childhood. I was hoping for at least a little bit of a breakthrough with her after the loyalty mission, but she just goes into that annoying denial mode. I'll romance her with my vanguard to see if I'm missing something, but to me it seems like Bioware created a crazy bitch, then said "uhhh, now what?"

basically, yeah

she doesn't talk about before she was an experiment, she doesn't even talk about purgatory that much, and she doesn't talk about her motivations if she has any beyond "well why not"

she had potential with the tattoos and scars and whatever to be an interesting "abnormal" character, but instead she's just a person who jumps on furniture sometimes and swears a bit more usually who is cured with the power of love

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You think that Tali stuff is bad, and it is, in fact it is definitely worse

But someone linked that Cerberus Daily News site earlier, and each news post can be commented on, and I found this beauty under the Ford v. Huerta news:
    Tomaz'Schadl vas Radwaf says:
    March 4, 2010 at 00:47

Am I correct in reading that the leader of one of the more powerful human nations(that is what my sources tell me at least, though there is debate on the matter), is essentially a brain copied into a computer? Is that correct?

Please tell me that is wrong. Do humans not read history? Do I as a quarian need to repeat my own people’s history here?

Such hubris, does not bode well. In an understatement.

I don't know, maybe I just don't get into the whole RPing thing

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You think that Tali stuff is bad, and it is, in fact it is definitely worse

But someone linked that Cerberus Daily News site earlier, and each news post can be commented on, and I found this beauty under the Ford v. Huerta news:
    Tomaz'Schadl vas Radwaf says:
    March 4, 2010 at 00:47

Am I correct in reading that the leader of one of the more powerful human nations(that is what my sources tell me at least, though there is debate on the matter), is essentially a brain copied into a computer? Is that correct?

Please tell me that is wrong. Do humans not read history? Do I as a quarian need to repeat my own people’s history here?

Such hubris, does not bode well. In an understatement.

I don't know, maybe I just don't get into the whole RPing thing

That doesn't strike me as weird. I mean sure, it's not for me but at least it obeys some narrative consistency.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cryo84R wrote: »
    Quarians have hard skin like turians. Hate to break it to you. Grunt confirms this.

But hey, from the looks of that thing, some people are really into chaffing.

I took that as meaning that their spine wasn't less then a finger-deep before you severed it. I think Grunt had a point: what stupid-ass evolution leaves a weakness like that in? Alternatively possibly they have a line of armor over that point.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's sort of dumb, but it's not really that weird if you can get past said dumb.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I guess. It's like, what if some dude rolled in here responding to our discussions pretending he was a batarian? It'd be awkward.

Oh I just noticed that they're all pretty much pretending that they live in the ME universe. I don't know how I feel about that. Disturbed somewhat

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    EnbotEnbot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    Jack just strikes me as a bit too one-dimensional. Just about every decision she's made, including her outlandish looks, is based on her tortured childhood. I was hoping for at least a little bit of a breakthrough with her after the loyalty mission, but she just goes into that annoying denial mode. I'll romance her with my vanguard to see if I'm missing something, but to me it seems like Bioware created a crazy bitch, then said "uhhh, now what?"

basically, yeah

she doesn't talk about before she was an experiment, she doesn't even talk about purgatory that much, and she doesn't talk about her motivations if she has any beyond "well why not"

she had potential with the tattoos and scars and whatever to be an interesting "abnormal" character, but instead she's just a person who jumps on furniture sometimes and swears a bit more usually who is cured with the power of love

Jack doesn't talk about what happened before the experiment because she probably doesn't remember. I mean, the kids were brought in pretty young. And if Jack's loyalty quest is any indication, her memories about the whole place are really sketchy from all the emotional trauma.

The only thing about Purgatory that Jack mentions
    sounds suspiciously like gang rape by a group of inmates and guards. According to the ME wiki, Jack was put into cyrostatis soon after murdering her assailants so it's no wonder she has no fun prison stories to share.

As to Jack's motivation, she does tell you that she joined at first because she wanted the Cerberus files on her. And later if you ask she tells you she's sticking around because she owes you for blowing up the base.

And if you get Jack killed in the Collector base by assigning her to be Fire Squad leader, she'll admit to actually caring about the mission.

I'm not saying that Jack's character couldn't be improved. But it would be incredibly out-of-character for her to be all chatty and nice.

Enbot on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    my femshep, for your criticism and praise -
    femshep.jpg

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hemp Girl from Amsterdam. First thoughts

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Never been a fan of the blond haired Shepards. The skin tone is just off.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you know anyone who's been holding out:

Amazon deal of the day. 30 bucks for PC, 40 for 360.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman