Options

DRAGON AGE: KUSU GETS LAID

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    I was also wondering how they gauge your attractiveness -- most of the dialogue calls you "pretty" and all that if you're a female - I'm wondering if it's the skin "age" that determines that.

Hey how does Alistair feel about Dwarf noblewomen? Anyone know?

Wow, they actually gauge it?

I had thought they just were just hot on the player character no matter what

I thought the same.

All I can say is Morrigan has no problem with getting some noblen dwarven... sausage.

Makes me wonder if inter-species breeding is possible but I would assume it's not.

Not even if you
    make a demon baby
    ?

Ivar on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nah, if there was actually a program that gauges attractiveness then we would have youtube videos of people showing off the character designs they used to fool said program.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess everyone looks hot when you grow up in a church

Ivar on
  • Options
    NevreenNevreen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ivar wrote: »
    Ferrus wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    I was also wondering how they gauge your attractiveness -- most of the dialogue calls you "pretty" and all that if you're a female - I'm wondering if it's the skin "age" that determines that.

Hey how does Alistair feel about Dwarf noblewomen? Anyone know?

Wow, they actually gauge it?

I had thought they just were just hot on the player character no matter what

I thought the same.

All I can say is Morrigan has no problem with getting some noblen dwarven... sausage.

Makes me wonder if inter-species breeding is possible but I would assume it's not.

Not even if you
    make a demon baby
    ?

The wikia has a page about sexuality in Dragon Age so you can look that up for the detailed version but the short answer is "yes, inter-species breeding is possible".

Nevreen on
    :rotate::rotate::rotate::rotate:
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hey guys, i have a red cliff and following related quests question
    What happens if i take the dragon's blood in the temple and out it in the ashes without taking a pinch? is that possible? what happens from there? cultists instead of knights? Tegan takes over?

Melding on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    What happens if i take the dragon's blood in the temple and out it in the ashes without taking a pinch? is that possible? what happens from there? cultists instead of knights? Tegan takes over?
    You automatically take a pinch before you pour in the blood

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    You automatically take a pinch before you pour in the blood

damn.

Melding on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What the fuck, I only get four golems?! Four?!

:x

Green on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Green wrote: »
    What the fuck, I only get four golems?! Four?!

:x
    werewolves are the best

also psyched for awakening, got my perfect run all ready
    human male noble, perfect looking, like a prettier alistair, fucked morrigan, dumped her for leliana, fucked leliana and zevran, turned down zevran for leliana, married anora and let leliana down easy that way, had baby with morrigan, let loghain live and told alistair to fuck off

sides with mages, werewolves, bhelen, branka, knocked isolde out and killed connor (dumb kid)

hope they let you continue with your armor and weapons cause my guy is decked, full wades dragonbone + all the legendary rings and amulet stuff from vendors + starfang and the blade from gaxkang

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So has anyone brought up the new PA comics for DA: Awekenings yet?

http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening/comic/

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh fug this comes out soon right

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What I like best about this game I have decided is when in the midst of fighting you select an action for a cohort to execute and they start laughing crazily in response.

I don't care if it's supposed to be because they think that what-ever-it-is is an amazingly fantastic idea, a suicidally stupid one, or if they're just out of their mind with killing horrors it is simply tops

Seriously on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHHydTDYI0

my dwarf noble is so gonna hit that

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    did anyone else have a really rude main guy

not rude to other characters in the game

rude to ME

CAN I GET YOU A LADDER SO YOU CAN GET OFF MY BACK

one thousand times he said this

Skull Man on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    We must not exhaust our supplies

What kind of battlecry is that you ass

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »

rude to ME

I kinda regretted choosing the Rogue voice, or whatever it was called

Scooter on
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah, same here, i chose the umm, was it "forceful" or "angry" voice for one of my characters and she yelled at me the whole time

mully on
  • Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    the best voice is the experienced/seasoned. fuck the rest of em.

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »

rude to ME

I have the female version of this. The first time she said it I laughed. The next seventy billion, not so much.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Did these sons of geese time their releases with my exams?

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm extremely stoked for this, if only because I did everything DA had to offer

everything

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yeah, same here, i chose the umm, was it "forceful" or "angry" voice for one of my characters and she yelled at me the whole time

Violent.

She's so fucking irritating, I am happy that's the only time the player character speaks because I could not abide that cockney cacophony for more than 3 seconds at a time.

now's better than later

all right, all right

shouldn't we be doing something else, killing things perhaps?

Cocknophony

Seriously on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I swear that the voices are just another reference to Baldur's Gate and the silly and annoying voices that game featured

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am pretty sure the voice actor for Allistair is the VA for one of the first party characters you meet. And he has his same exact personality.

Langly on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh fuck, this is out!!

guess i can do something besides dick around with oblivion and borderlands now.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is out now, huh? Maybe I should get off my ass and finish the main game.

Ivar on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so i think i'm gonna have a few 10s of dollars to kick around thanks to my dad realizing he is not financially helpful and sending me

gasp

60 dollars

for about 3 years back birthday/christmas presents
    wtf dad

how much is dragon age these days in-store. I do not wish to wait weeks for the game

used is okay

Raneados on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rane get it on steam it is on sale for $40ish.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but I started playing from my saved character wearing my Warden's Keep armor and all decked out in cool shit and I began the game nude.

Luckily I had a wizard robe, some random helmet, a pair of leather gloves and boots, and some battle axe in my pack. My guy looked like a clown for the opening section.

Still, the expansion is good so far.

Hunter on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rane, steam has the deluxe for $43 and the regular for $33. The deluxe is almost worth it because you get 2 of the DLC which you would have to buy and I think they are more then $10 anyways.

So anyways, bought this game yesterday on the steam sale, started playing and have a level 2 mage. The game makes me nervous I am going to fuck up my stat and skill allocations. I liked ME having a suggested upgrade, where I could do that to see what the computer thought and then undo it if I wanted something different. Would reading the manual actually help at all? I usually don't bother with digital download stuff unless I am feeling really lost.

I am just going to hope Bioware did a good job of balancing where it is difficult to fuck your character over. So far I have been going willpower/magic and primal for the spells, fire, ice, and lightning. Is it better to focus one field or just grab whatever is useful? I am pretty sure I will want a heal spell when I start having some companions. If anyone knows a good noob faq that would be cool too.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm gonna play through DA:O for my fourth time as ye olde Dwarfe noble and then take that character straight through to this shit

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    nah man I'm starting a new character. How often do you get to play as a french paladin

also as I understand it you get to slowly rebuild the Gray Warden's keep during the game so fuck yeah I love that stuff

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    risumon wrote: »
    Rane, steam has the deluxe for $43 and the regular for $33. The deluxe is almost worth it because you get 2 of the DLC which you would have to buy and I think they are more then $10 anyways.

So anyways, bought this game yesterday on the steam sale, started playing and have a level 2 mage. The game makes me nervous I am going to fuck up my stat and skill allocations. I liked ME having a suggested upgrade, where I could do that to see what the computer thought and then undo it if I wanted something different. Would reading the manual actually help at all? I usually don't bother with digital download stuff unless I am feeling really lost.

I am just going to hope Bioware did a good job of balancing where it is difficult to fuck your character over. So far I have been going willpower/magic and primal for the spells, fire, ice, and lightning. Is it better to focus one field or just grab whatever is useful? I am pretty sure I will want a heal spell when I start having some companions. If anyone knows a good noob faq that would be cool too.

Helpful hints: mage = magic & willpower, rogue = dexterity & cunning, warrior = strength & dexterity.

And while some magic spells are more useful than other, magic is so powerful you could likely just pick spells at random and still end up a lyrium swilling death machine.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    God, I don't have enough money for this and I want it more then anything

WHY DO I HAVE $17

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »

WHY DO I HAVE $17

I managed to get it for $30 but now it's another victim of FFXIII. BACKLOGGED

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

WHY DO I HAVE $17

Where?

I can make $15 reasonably quickly

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010

WHY DO I HAVE $17

Where?

It's an old deal now. Best Buy had it on sale for $40 plus a $10 off coupon for RZ members. It must have been love BUT IT'S OVER NOW!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but I started playing from my saved character wearing my Warden's Keep armor and all decked out in cool shit and I began the game nude.

Luckily I had a wizard robe, some random helmet, a pair of leather gloves and boots, and some battle axe in my pack. My guy looked like a clown for the opening section.

Still, the expansion is good so far.

none of the dlc armor except return to ostagar's stuff transfers over.

However, I am pretty sure there is a mod out now that gives it all back.

Langly on
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

WHY DO I HAVE $17

Where?

It's an old deal now. Best Buy had it on sale for $40 plus a $10 off coupon for RZ members. It must have been love BUT IT'S OVER NOW!

It's $33.50 on steam this week.

captaink on