Options

DPM Fierce [chat]

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    _J_ I appreciate that your respect for philosophers stops well before the analytic-continental divide.

It's actually not such a big issue anymore. One of my biggest desires find a way to incorporate Kripke and Heidegger (and other fun combinations like Deleuze and Sider.)

I think it will be possible in 10-15 years.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit old people like the Marriage Ref.

is that who is watching it

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    @hach: I know we've had this conversation before, but I think Foucault is a compelling writer who knows how to structure both his arguments and his rhetoric and can turn a phrase with style.

This may be because I read so much Derrida and Heidegger, so Foucault just seems like a breeze.

I suppose if I spent my evenings smashing my toes with a hammer, an occasional night of mild paper cuts would be quite pleasant.
    I tease because I love.

Hachface on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Some games it would really bug me.

If I was playing street fighter or starcraft? Leave my junk alone!

Something mindless like mario galaxy or WoW though? Go to town.

I can't take any game that seriously.

Look, the blowjob can wait until after I beat this fucking flowchart ken asshole.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    <3 Friedrich Gulda

Elendil on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd actually say that the majority of girls that I know actually want men that well, man handle them, that coerce them, that are the sexual agressor, etc.

It's decently off putting.

It's not really shocking when you consider how sex is depicted in our culture.

Pushing a woman up against the wall, fence, car hood. Tearing clothes. Girl gasps 'no' but guy keeps going and she likes it. I think it's the narrative of about 80% of cheesy romance novels.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I can't take any game that seriously.

Look, the blowjob can wait until after I beat this fucking flowchart ken asshole.

So he's a lame shit. If you have to have an excuse to lose then "I was getting blown" really is the best one.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd actually say that the majority of girls that I know actually want men that well, man handle them, that coerce them, that are the sexual agressor, etc.

Yeah. I could do this in a roleplaying way, like if a girl specifically told me "I want you to take charge in bed," but I'm not going to do that by default, I mean not in an aggressive way.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I hate Derrida less after having read Homi Bhabha.

I still don't like the way Derrida writes (is translated?) at all.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2010

yeah

you definitely have to feel out the line with a whole lot of ladies

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Yeah. I could do this in a roleplaying way, like if a girl specifically told me "I want you to take charge in bed," but I'm not going to do that by default, I mean not in an aggressive way.

Or in the context of an already committed relationship.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Pushing a woman up against the wall, fence, car hood. Tearing clothes. Girl gasps 'no' but guy keeps going and she likes it. I think it's the narrative of about 80% of cheesy romance novels.

Yeah, i'm not surprised that many girls have internalized the message being broadcast to them. It still really is weird to me. Like the girl that wouldn't let me eat her out because it's "too demeaning for a man to do". This was right after she polished my knob, of course.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yeah, i'm not surprised that many girls have internalized the message being broadcast to them. It still really is weird to me. Like the girl that wouldn't let me eat her out because it's "too demeaning for a man to do". This was right after she polished my knob, of course.

the fuck

Sarksus on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't know if I would ever refuse a during-game blow job.

In fact, I most definitely would not.

I don't give a shit if I'm playing Starcraft, I'll just lose that game. I mean, I'd probably lose the game anyway, and in this instance I'm getting fellated.

Winky on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I feel like the first step in looking towards writing for a living is to realize you probably won't be a J.K Rowling or a Stephenie Meyer or a Stephen King or hell, even an Alex Kava or Alice Sebold.

I'd be happy writing things on demand for companies. Product descriptions or whatever.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hate Derrida less after having read Homi Bhabha.

I still don't like the way Derrida writes (is translated?) at all.

Derrida is a genius writer because derrida consciously tries to write in an unspeakable, and possibly even unthinkable, language. Derrida's style is a conscious attempt to avoid the traps that other philosophers have fallen into, specifically Hegel and Heidegger.

That being said, yes it is an absolute BITCH to read and translation renders that doubly-so.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »
    I think getting sexual favors while playing WoW is weird as hell. I think it's because sex is way more enjoyable like, in a bed, and so it just makes it seem like you're having such a good time levelling in Un'Goro or raiding ICC that you can't tear yourself away for an awesome blowjob.

ICC?

Icecrown Citadel, the latest and greatest raid instance.

I see. I haven't played since Ulduar.

Is it fun?

James on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

the fuck

It's not that weird. I've known plenty of girls who didn't want a guy going down there for various reasons. Or the ones that have no idea how their bits down there are arranged.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It definitely ruined prospects of relationships with women for a year or two. I couldn't figure out if she was fucked up or if I was.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the fuck

Girl has definitely bought male oriented culture hook line and sinker.

Like, the fact that her current boyfriend would fight other guys for looking at her and stuff makes her super hot.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »

I don't give a shit if I'm playing Starcraft, I'll just lose that game. I mean, I'd probably lose the game anyway, and in this instance I'm getting fellated.

I would be sure to type that at the end, though.

GG. FYI I was getting blown, but I'm sure you had fun too.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think getting sexual favors while playing WoW is weird as hell. I think it's because sex is way more enjoyable like, in a bed, and so it just makes it seem like you're having such a good time levelling in Un'Goro or raiding ICC that you can't tear yourself away for an awesome blowjob.

ICC?

Icecrown Citadel, the latest and greatest raid instance.

I see. I haven't played since Ulduar.

Is it fun?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I feel like the first step in looking towards writing for a living is to realize you probably won't be a J.K Rowling or a Stephenie Meyer or a Stephen King or hell, even an Alex Kava or Alice Sebold.

I'd be happy writing things on demand for companies. Product descriptions or whatever.

My greatest hope is that I will never be a Stephanie Meyer.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

There is decent money in contract writing. Sure your books will be panned in the reading thread but it's steady pay.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the fuck

Like, the fact that her current boyfriend would fight other guys for looking at her and stuff makes her super hot.

Ugh.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

She's rich as fuck. Say what you will about her books but she could probably buy herself an island and a legion of manslaves and rule it with an iron fist.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elen I know you were a touch intimidated but everyone enjoyed your company

We ain't that scary once you get past the gayness

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I'd try extra hard to win the game.

Because then I won a game of Starcraft while being fellated.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the fuck

Oh I've done that one. Ended up with a broken rib from the one I couldn't talk out of it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

the fuck

It's not that weird. I've known plenty of girls who didn't want a guy going down there for various reasons. Or the ones that have no idea how their bits down there are arranged.

I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for not being interested in oral but that reason is terrible and depressing.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

There is decent money in contract writing. Sure your books will be panned in the reading thread but it's steady pay.

What is contract writing?

• Options
    edited April 2010

yeah you guys were fine I just have mental problems

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

One of the top creative writing teachers at my college (which apparently has a decently respected creative writing program) did technical writing for a while.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I find out that she actually wanted to fuck that night. She just thought that it was her role as a girl to say no, and my role as a guy to take her, and I should have known by what she was doing that she wanted me to. She said that "if I wanted to get laid I had to learn how to be a man, like [her new boyfriend.]"

Let us sit quietly and ponder, for a moment, the degree to which that is fucked the shit up.

_J_ on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I would love to share at least one characteristic with her, the "having money" part.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

yeah you guys were fine I just have mental problems

Sarks was as shy as you when we first met him

then we gave him beer

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would cold write terrible sparkle vampire fiction for a dump-truck full of cash

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

I would be sure to type that at the end, though.

GG. FYI I was getting blown, but I'm sure you had fun too.

Winky: gg
    Winky: was it good for you too?

Winky on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I find out that she actually wanted to fuck that night. She just thought that it was her role as a girl to say no, and my role as a guy to take her, and I should have known by what she was doing that she wanted me to. She said that "if I wanted to get laid I had to learn how to be a man, like [her new boyfriend.]"

Let us sit quietly and ponder, for a moment, the degree to which that is fucked the shit up.

The saddest part is the time it took me to reach this conclusion after the fact.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    fuck

I think I'm going to shell out for a Steve Reich box set

damn yoooooou Podly

Elendil on
This discussion has been closed.