Options

DPM Fierce [chat]

• Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I seriously think you should try to get some of your unerotica published Cass.

I bet you some interstitial publishers would pick it up or something.

I don't know how to get published or I totally would write awful books about people fucking non stop.

Step one: Seek out an agent.
    Step two: Talk with an agent that thinks they can help you get published.
    Step three: Keep turning out books while the agent shops you around.
    Step four: If all goes well, collect your pay.

And I was wrong about Harlequin. They average a $4800 advance with 6% royalties now apparently.

Don't you have to pay agents?

Agents take a cut of what you make, but you don't pay them up front.

Hachface on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    A friend of mine used to write professionally for Hustler and Leg Sex magazine.
    Leg Sex?

"Welcome to LegSex.com, home of hardcore slutty leg girls, foot fetish enthusiasts, hot foot jobs, and fem dom action."
    oh, feet

it sounded more like maybe that Greek thing where you're going at it in the thighs

and I was all man they have magazines for that?

where do I subscribe

Elendil on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't think I would like camus very much if I returned to him.

Hell, I don't like Sartre all that much.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't know how to get published or I totally would write awful books about people fucking non stop.

And I was wrong about Harlequin. They average a $4800 advance with 6% royalties now apparently.

Can probably get some to work on percents.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    @DUE: I have no idea what you are talking about. Derrida, by all accounts, was a pretty fantastic person.

Indeed, he was a DICK to argue against, as John Searle found out, because he would pour over every little word and turn them all against you and he would rather deliciously oscillate between attacking you with classical metaphysics and then taking your metaphysical arguments and deconstructing them, but that's just intellectual rigor, in my opinion.

But, yeah, you're wrong about him being a Douche. Derrida was a pretty remarkable person.

So... basically you're actually Derrida?

I'm not sure if that would be a compliment or an insult, though.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm actually reading Camus' Myth of Sisyphus right now and really enjoying it.

I might be finding it more interesting as someone who has been suicidal in the past, though, since that's the subject of the book.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    how is edward's relationship with bella abusive, as i understand it the relationship is more or less guided by her choices including the one to keep her child (i've never read the books, i've only read the wiki plot synopsis)

Edward comes into her room at night without her knowledge to watch her sleep (before and after they are in a relationship), if she walks away from him before he wants her to he grabs her hard by the arm (hard enough to bruise), he cuts her brakes to try to stop her from talking to Jacob, he isolates her from her family and friends, and at the end of the book she is a stay at home mom who has, iirc, not finished high school.

yowza
    that does change things
    i figured giving her the veto power to keep the baby against edwards will was one that signified empowerment in the relationship but his history with her definitely belies that

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    there's so much bullshitting going on here. Like, epic levels of never telling the truth.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hachface wrote: »

Agents take a cut of what you make, but you don't pay them up front.

Huh.

This is starting to sound very intriguing.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    A friend of mine used to write professionally for Hustler and Leg Sex magazine.
    Leg Sex?

I think it is for leg aficionados

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    there's so much bullshitting going on here. Like, epic levels of never telling the truth.

About what

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't think Sarksus's opinions on feminism are extreme.

I just think he's been bringing it up a lot lately, I just assume it's been on his mind.

Yes it has, and I have brought it up a lot lately, because like I said feminism is not something I've devoted a lot of my attention to in the past and now I feel as though I have a completely new perspective on life and I'm finding things I didn't notice before.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Generally they get a percentage of your earnings.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    pokewalker

it's also a pedometer, so it levels up your mans as you walk!

It's also a pedometer in the sense that if you see someone over the age of approximately 25 using one, they're probably a pedophile.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

I infinitely prefer Sartre to Camus.

But then again I haven't read that shit since highschool, and I sincerely doubt I had a very sophisticated opinion of it then.

Winky on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

:(

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    pokewalker

It's also a pedometer in the sense that if you see someone over the age of approximately 25 using one, they're probably a pedophile.

:^:

Hachface on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wish I were more like derrida. My dedication and work ethic are nowhere near as close to his.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As someone who is working on being a writer right now myself, I can't stress the above enough. If you ever approach/are approached by an agent, and they ask you for money up front, it's a scam plain and simple. Agents work for you, and thrive off of your success. They shouldn't see a dime until you do.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »

I infinitely prefer Sartre to Camus.

But then again I haven't read that shit since highschool, and I sincerely doubt I had a very sophisticated opinion of it then.

I'll definitely say that "The Wall" is far better than anything Camus could have ever hoped to have written.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aldo wrote: »

I ENJOY TALKING HEADS THIER MUSIC IS ENJOYABLE.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    @DUE: I have no idea what you are talking about. Derrida, by all accounts, was a pretty fantastic person.

Indeed, he was a DICK to argue against, as John Searle found out, because he would pour over every little word and turn them all against you and he would rather deliciously oscillate between attacking you with classical metaphysics and then taking your metaphysical arguments and deconstructing them, but that's just intellectual rigor, in my opinion.

But, yeah, you're wrong about him being a Douche. Derrida was a pretty remarkable person.

I made an edit. Egotist is a better word.

Like you said he was a dick to argue against. Dick/douche. Same deal.

figuratively and literally lol.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    James wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Would it be possible to create some sort of Pokemon trainer club

so that the people who know about it would wear a badge if they had their ds on them

and someone else who recognizes the badge would know they could challenge them to a battle like randomly if they happened to meet somewhere

like say if i was riding the skytrain, and someone with the badge walked on

pokewalker.jpg[img][/img]

but that doesn't work for people who don't own heartgold/soulsilver, and doesn't guarantee they will have their ds or be up for battling.

well point the first, if you like pokeymans at all then why don't you have heartgold or soulsilver?

and point the second, you can like tap pokeballs and i think it does something. it might not be a battle but maybe it trades pokeymans or levels the mans up or something

finally, point the third, it should be worth a shot anyways i mean if a dude is wearing a pokewalker, there would seem to be a pretty decent chance that he is up for a pokebattle. i mean what more do you want?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Camus can do, but Sartre is Smartre

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Winky, Day 9 in about 10 minutes.

Time to watch awesome strategies that my inept fingers will never master. :D

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I made an edit. Egotist is a better word.

Like you said he was a dick to argue against. Dick/douche. Same deal.

figuratively and literally lol.

His defense of Paul de Man was a really embarrassing moment by all accounts.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Existentialism is anti-humanism.

Also, Being and Nothingness has some great points, but is ultimately waaaaay too hegelian.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I think I love you.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wish I could write

or like, do something

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Existentialism is anti-humanism.

Hachface on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2010

The Critic taught me so much about life

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It's really late for Day 9.

Winky on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    pokewalker

:lol:

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I should actually do more writing.

I think I'd enjoy it. But like, I already have what...65 pages due for school this semester? Hard to muster up my enthusiasm to write more.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I just think he's been bringing it up a lot lately, I just assume it's been on his mind.

I think you have even more silly views on stereotypes and equality than Sarks, though.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I have to admit I don't really like that song much at all you two.

But, like, it's a cautionary tale.

That's actually the part that I like the least, reaffirming negative stereotypes in regards to old people and sex.

That is one of the most silly goose, foolishly idealistic overreactions I have seen on this board in a long time.

I had to bring it up because it seriously comes to mind when I think of people bringing up stereotypes and inequality over the dumbest fucking shit.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

The Critic taught me so much about life

It stinks!

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

I think you have even more silly views on stereotypes and equality than Sarks, though.
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    I have to admit I don't really like that song much at all you two.

But, like, it's a cautionary tale.

That's actually the part that I like the least, reaffirming negative stereotypes in regards to old people and sex.

That is one of the most silly goose, foolishly idealistic overreactions I have seen on this board in a long time.

I had to bring it up because it seriously comes to mind when I think of people bringing up stereotypes and inequality over the dumbest fucking shit.

Wow...that's.

That's kind of bizarre that you dug up that link.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »

It's really late for Day 9.

Mondays are always at 10. Wednesdays at 9. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday are at 7. Due to his school schedule. Times are in PST.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Actually I agree with Inquisitor there.

When I watched Boombox I was like gross, old people having sex but then I stopped myself and wondered why I think that and maybe I shouldn't because why can't old people have sex?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I Hate It When I Go To Bed And Forget To Turn My Swag Off.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.