Options

[STEAM] - I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream, for Sales on Steam

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey, that's a pleasant surprise. That big THQ pack also included Dawn of War Gold, even though it's not listed in the package deal.

It also has Winter Assault as a separate thing, which is slightly odd, since it's part of Gold.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    If you do have a censored version ask steam support to replace it for you.

Believe me I tried.

Road Block on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm sort of scared of what the next daily sales will be

But also sort of excited

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    LaCabra wrote: »
    This is not accurate.

Censoring is determined by the IP address of the purchaser, so yes, gifting of L4D2 from the US to Australia or Germany or wherever will give the recipient an uncensored version.

I heard this had changed recently, or was that only in relation to the UK store trick?

Jintor on
  • Options
    ArcusArcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright I've been away all day and now I see the L4D2 4 pack that I'm more than likely late to the party for. Since I doubt I'll find someone looking for another person to join in on an existing 4 pack at this hour, I'll go ahead and purchase a 4 pack assuming I'll be able to find those that want it. So send me a PM if you want in. I'm in the U.S. btw, if that makes a difference.

Also can someone please send me a Steam invite:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994202962

Arcus on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Speaking of invites:

I'd like an invite to the general PA Group, and, if possible, to the Killing Floor group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765611980207

(This thread moves fast, and last time I asked I forgot to add my profile because I'm a dumby)

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    BeenieWeenieBeenieWeenie So Delicious So NutritiousRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/BeenieWeenie
    Also requesting an add.
    I asked a couple pages ago but it'll probably be buried under the deluge of daytime posts.

BeenieWeenie on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

But also sort of excited

I'm not really scared much anymore, because there are very few games left on Steam that I want but don't already own. And of the ones I'm still looking to purchase, probably 80% are inexpensive Indie titles :rotate:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

But also sort of excited

I'm not really scared much anymore, because there are very few games left on Steam that I want but don't already own. And of the ones I'm still looking to purchase, probably 80% are inexpensive Indie titles :rotate:

See, this is what I thought

But then I think "well what if I forgot something? what if something comes on sale for some absurd price and it's actually a pretty cool game I thought about buying once?"

And then I realize that Steam has me by the balls

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

But also sort of excited

None of my predictions yesterday came true, so I'm cautiously optimistic today.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    solsovly wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    So, my RL friends are douchebags and bailed on the L4D2 four-pack idea. Are there still people out there interested in getting one together?

I'm interested and can paypal you if you still have any left.

I think I will jump on this as well. I've mostly used paypal to receive monies, not give them, though.

Remember to pick the right option:

giftxy.jpg

Otherwise you'll have to pay a fee to Paypal for buyer protection you obviously can't invoke.

I chose 'gift', but it's still trying to invoke a 52 cent fee. Did I do it wrong?

edit: all the options seem to require this fee. Hm

They don't for me. Paypal UK here.

Weird.

Any other people who desire L4D2 at £6.80, feel free to poke me.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ronya where in the UK are you?

Let's get married bro

wait what

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    wait what indeed

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This one time I got woken up WAYY too early and it was the morning and there was a train and

WHY IS IT SO HOT

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This one time I got woken up WAYY too early and it was the morning and there was a train and

WHY IS IT SO HOT

Cause the stupid ass earf and it's stupid ass tilted axis.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'll contribute another vote for Zeno Clash. For $3.75, it's a steal, which is good because it's short (about a dollar an hour). It's bursting with imagination and charm, far more interesting than the exercises in genre that we're used to in 90% of games. The combat isn't great, with a few hiccups, but it's not bad - interesting and somewhat enjoyable overall, though I still viewed it as something to get past to get on with the story, and it's not something I'd fire up for a romp.

I'd like to see a sequel, hopefully with a less mystifying ending.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    softCactussoftCactus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

WHY IS IT SO HOT

The axis needs to hurry up and tilt the other way. I almost turned on my AC for the first time ever.

Screw you 102 degree weather. If my PC can handle it so can I.

So any guesses as to the new deals for tomorrow?

softCactus on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    For those who just got L4D2, some beginner tips can be found over here.

Alegis on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    softCactus wrote: »

WHY IS IT SO HOT

The axis needs to hurry up and tilt the other way. I almost turned on my AC for the first time ever.

Screw you 102 degree weather. If my PC can handle it so can I.

So any guesses as to the new deals for tomorrow?

My PC is struggling to keep cool. Shit, I'm struggling to deal with this weather. Fucking attics and their shittiness as bedrooms. :x

As for your question; Just Cause2 has to be a daily deal. It has to be!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It'll be interesting to see what's next for the sales. I have a wishlist of games worth $5 or less, but I'm holding off on buying them in case they go even lower before July 4th.

I'd really like to see Beat Hazard drop down to the price Audiosurf is going for today, for example.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Suds wrote: »
    I mean, you guys could use MY calculator you know.

www.ddgamer.com/worth.php

That's yours?! I have it bookmarked!

I really like that one because of the average amount spent per game feature. The "that's a lot of money!" effect is diluted by the fact that I average $10 per game. Which isn't so bad.

Edit: Though the fact that it doesn't seem to account for packs means the total is probably off by a lot. I have a bunch of stuff through packs or things it thinks I got through packs.

It should be accounting for packs. I need to take a look at the code though, something is going wrong.

YOA9N.jpg

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So... um... I kind of feel like getting Peggle. Someone please explain why this is a good/bad idea.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    only game i KNOW i'll be getting this sale is defense grid

playing through FEAR right now

i like being neo. :D

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ayulin wrote: »
    So... um... I kind of feel like getting Peggle. Someone please explain why this is a good/bad idea.

Peggle is awesome

SteevL on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I don't know if it's still going, but a while ago you could get Peggle Nights for free through Popcap's website. You can also get the Valve themed Peggle Extreme for free. It only has 10 levels, though.

Peewi on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Peewi wrote: »

I don't know if it's still going, but a while ago you could get Peggle Nights for free through Popcap's website. You can also get the Valve themed Peggle Extreme for free. It only has 10 levels, though.

Yeah, I tried Peggle Extreme back when it came out. As you said, though, it only has 10 levels.

...checking the Steam store now, it seems there are TWO Peggle games. Gah. What's the difference between them (or is it just the levels)?

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

It's not a bad idea. I have the iPhone version and it's good fun, although it is a little bit trickier than I first thought and not just a simple Breakout clone.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh yes - Audiosurf for £1.50? Sold. I always wanted to try this one and for that amount of money I couldn't resist. Now the rest of you need to stop buying games because Valve's servers are overheating and I can't download my game.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the only thing i've bought so far is Warband. i have a lot of these other games from the last Steam sale.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man, I am just buying whatever because it's like a buck. I mean... why not?

So now I have

Zeno Clash
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Defense Grid + DLC
    Introversion Pack (Darwinia, Multiwinia, Uplink, Defcon)
    Indigo Prophecy (I already own it on PS2 but... why not?)
    Port Royale II (One of those "It's a buck, I like traders, why not")
    Puzzle Kindgoms (95% off? That sure was a hard decision)

Sweet I brought Puzzle Kingdoms for myself and a few friends as well, thanks for the heads up.

Peas on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So was Kings Bounty: Armored Princess any good? I bought it because I remembered the name and the screenshots were kind of pretty.

And I hope Cryostasis runs now, the demo was a pig.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The opinion seems to be that you will enjoy Kings Bounty if you liked Heroes of might and magic. I am waiting to see if it hits on a sale.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, it was on sale for $7.49, so even if I only play it for a bit and get frustrated it will still have been worth it.

Steam sales are evil.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arcus wrote: »
    Alright I've been away all day and now I see the L4D2 4 pack that I'm more than likely late to the party for. Since I doubt I'll find someone looking for another person to join in on an existing 4 pack at this hour, I'll go ahead and purchase a 4 pack assuming I'll be able to find those that want it. So send me a PM if you want in. I'm in the U.S. btw, if that makes a difference.

You have been PM'ed.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just came across Spellforce 2: Gold Edition on Steam. It looks interesting. Thoughts?

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I was looking at the Indie pack and I saw Plain Sight

01thumb.jpg

It's a Multiplayer game in which you play as a Ninja robot who takes out other players. As you take out players you earn points, but in order to bank those points you have to kill yourself by self destructing.

Using these points you can upgrade yourself for the current round, but the person who has the most banked points at the end of a death match round is the winner.

The game sounds pretty neat, looks rather pretty, and the developer is going to patch it big time in the next few weeks.

However, the game is a bit dead this moment, and I was hoping maybe we could get a PA thing going because for $10 a fun multiplayer game would be fantastic.

Link to Game's website
    http://www.plainsightgame.com

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Arcus wrote: »

PM sent.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    So I was looking at the Indie pack and I saw Plain Sight

01thumb.jpg

It's a Multiplayer game in which you play as a Ninja robot who takes out other players. As you take out players you earn points, but in order to bank those points you have to kill yourself by self destructing.

Using these points you can upgrade yourself for the current round, but the person who has the most banked points at the end of a death match round is the winner.

The game sounds pretty neat, looks rather pretty, and the developer is going to patch it big time in the next few weeks.

However, the game is a bit dead this moment, and I was hoping maybe we could get a PA thing going because for $10 a fun multiplayer game would be fantastic.

Link to Game's website
    http://www.plainsightgame.com

We had a bunch of people jump on four packs when the game came out. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. It's pretty crazy. I would be down for playing.

Michael H on
  • Options
    metal_spidermetal_spider Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So, if any of you guys have been holding out on The Witcher, the price has gone up to $13.39.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

It happened to the 1c pack as well ($20 up to $80, I believe)... so, this might be Steam's way of telling us "Do not wait until the last day".

metal_spider on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They're watching us! D:

Big Classy on
This discussion has been closed.