Options

Used [Chat]s Are Piracy

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    "Fewer commitments". Aren't you an English major?

I employ a conversational style on the forums and pretty much never proof read. :P

Being an English major has taught me that correcting people's grammar on forums just makes you a jerk.

Yeah, I am one of those :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The tap vs. bottle vs. can argument is my favorite honestly.

"The beer picks up a taste from the aluminum can, bottles are superior, unless you can get it on tap!"

"Guess what the beer on tap comes in!"

"Gold plated cables give you much better sound quality!"

"What's the wires in the cable made out of?"

"Copper."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    they are still talking about D&D and how inconsiderate it is for people to not come.

It is pretty inconsiderate to not show up for an agreed-upon social gathering without warning.

he apparantly just gave warning which was not enough in advance of their tuesday gaming night....

yes, next tuesday.

Nerds.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    That car looks like a Toyota Corolla to me.

1998.toyota.corolla.10198-300x189.jpg

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

lights might be a little small on the corolla, but then again there might be a little bloom there

look at the length, that car is at least a full size.

its a lincoln towncar circa 99

Not with a tiny trunk like that!

what trunk?
    11496443_1.jpg

So you see a shiny metal grill in the security pictures?

And: I, too, like Labatt Blue which is a shame cause I used to live in Michigan and now I live in Kansas.

In Michigan, Labatt Blue is on tap and called a 'domestic'. In Kansas it is only on tap at Buffalo Wild Wings which is just a shitty place always.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    nexus talk more to me about beers oh yes

*swoon*

what about them eh?

i enjoy fancy beers; preferably ones that are brewed by monks

I am excited about DogFish heads Theobroma, even though it isn't made by monks, because they used science to try and replicate and ancient mayan recipe

Arch on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

"Copper."

Only wanks go with silver wiring.

Gim on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    That car looks like a Toyota Corolla to me.

1998.toyota.corolla.10198-300x189.jpg

mystery-car.jpg

that might be

lights might be a little small on the corolla, but then again there might be a little bloom there

look at the length, that car is at least a full size.

its a lincoln towncar circa 99

Not with a tiny trunk like that!

what trunk?
    11496443_1.jpg

Ok, deck-lid if you want. The rear deck on the Lincoln is much large than in that picture.

Also a less-pronounced snout on the car in photo vs. Lincoln. Basically its too small for a Lincoln.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have terrible posting grammar and make so many typos, so I don't pick out those usually.

I do make it a point to correct things like improper use of the subjunctive mood or participle usage and stuff like that.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

"The beer picks up a taste from the aluminum can, bottles are superior, unless you can get it on tap!"

Thing is, I can tell the difference between having pop in a can and pop in a glass bottle. Big difference.

Speaking of, Virgils Cream Soda is the fucking drink of the gods.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

"Copper."

God I hate this so much. No, I am not paying $40 for a 3 foot HDMI cable when I get get a 10 foot one shipped for less than $10.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    And: I, too, like Labatt Blue which is a shame cause I used to live in Michigan and now I live in Kansas.

In Michigan, Labatt Blue is on tap and called a 'domestic'. In Kansas it is only on tap at Buffalo Wild Wings which is just a shitty place always.

Hahah yeah, it's priced like a fancy beer in CA for some insane reason. Like 8 bucks for a 6-er at bevmo.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what trunk?
    11496443_1.jpg

It's just the angle that the picture was taken from that makes it look long. And the shitty lens on the camera. At different points in the video, different parts look long and distorted. And town cars have big fancy grills that would have shown up for sure in the video.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

"Copper."

Gold does give you a better sound quality, but that only matters in studios where you are really trying to sum correctly and get a consistent stream. But, yeah, in home audio it's pretty ridiculous.

As for the kegs: surface area, brah. Also, you could just get cask ale like a real man.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    People driving a lincoln wouldn't rip off a tv.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

"Copper."

God I hate this so much. No, I am not paying $40 for a 3 foot HDMI cable when I get get a 10 foot one shipped for less than $10.

I spent $40 on a USB cable today :?

But I needed it right goddamn then so thems the breaks.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

*swoon*

what about them eh?

I am excited about DogFish heads Theobroma, even though it isn't made by monks, because they used science to try and replicate and ancient mayan recipe

Dogfish is pretty awesome

Eddy got us one called Midas Touch which was faaaaaabulous

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I have terrible posting grammar and make so many typos, so I don't pick out those usually.

I do make it a point to correct things like improper use of the subjunctive mood or participle usage and stuff like that.

Splitting brashly, I like to boldly dangle my participles in infinitives.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

that is a terrible logic- really the good thing about taps is that the beer is (usually) fresher (more fresh?) and is able to develop a better head due to pouring

can vs clear bottle- can, because skunky beer is bad

can vs dark bottle - bottle, only because again, can pouring can disrupt the head which is crucial to the aroma and mouthfeel of some beers

Arch on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

*swoon*

what about them eh?

I wish I didn't have a fridge full of shitty beer so I could go out and buy good stuff.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blue Moon is pretty good. You can get it pretty easily in London these days, in bottle form. It is usually one of the better options

Also - wtf? I saw a tv show tonight that was sort of interactive - it had a bar code on screen for extra content for those who have smart phones with bar code readers. Weird

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

*swoon*

what about them eh?

Their Raison d'être is phenomenal. Also, the Saranac pomegranate wheat is pretty good, if a little milder than expected.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gold does give you a better sound quality, but that only matters in studios where you are really trying to sum correctly and get a consistent stream. But, yeah, in home audio it's pretty ridiculous.

As for the kegs: surface area, brah. Also, you could just get cask ale like a real man.

It could only possibly matter in the highest end setting imaginable, and even then. My friend's dad is a free lance sound engineer and does commercials, television and music videos and I think his set up is entirely copper cables. I think his response the one time gold cables got brought up and I was around him was "What, am I made out of money?"

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The more important thing with taps is how well maintained they are

lots of places skimp on keeping their lines clean

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

*swoon*

what about them eh?

oh god it is so good

I don't have a fondness for many IPAs, so I avoided Dogfish head for a long time; but now that there are a lot more choices from them that are popular enough to make it into stores down here I am all for them.

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sam Adams is the saving grace of getting a drink at a lot of restaurants.

I do remember going to some crappy place and asking what was on tap. It was Bud, Bud Light, or Heineken. I asked for water.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

"Copper."

Gold does NOT give you better sound quality. At all. Even a little. What it does give you is a cable with contacts that won't corrode with constant plugging and unplugging in a humid climate. And a corroded cable will sound worse.

But in brand new cables? You won't be able to tell the difference. Copper contacts would be even better than gold in a vacuum.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Don't ever ask if you can inspect their lines though, waitresses get all offended.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I like me some blue moon.

But... the best beer I've ever had came from Washington state. Walking Man Brown Ale. I have considered taking a trip up there just to drink the beer again and visit the brewery.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is my current fave IPA.

Straight outta Kalamazoo.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I do remember going to some crappy place and asking what was on tap. It was Bud, Bud Light, or Heineken. I asked for water.

I guess this is where living in the land of micro brew is nice, I haven't yet been to a restaurant in the western washington area that had such an awful selection.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does Fresh & Easy have Dogfish? Because I am not near a Bevmo and I can't get to one for another week.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

This is random, but the Heineken New Zealand is really, really good. Like, it's an entirely different beer.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Don't ever ask if you can inspect their lines though, waitresses get all offended.

some places charge a fee

dollar or two max

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    beer is beer.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I like me some blue moon.

But... the best beer I've ever had came from Washington state. Walking Man Brown Ale. I have considered taking a trip up there just to drink the beer again and visit the brewery.

Oh shit. You should check out The Saloon on U Street for beers. They usually have a ton of good stuff... then when you're drunk you can stumble over to Ben's and eat chili fries until you puke.

Chanus on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's wrong with Heineken?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Blue moon is ghetto Hoegaarden

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I guess this is where living in the land of micro brew is nice, I haven't yet been to a restaurant in the western washington area that had such an awful selection.

I can normally get a Sam, or at worst a Blue Moon. Magic Hat is getting a lot more prevalent, and even chain eateries are branching out into some of the nicer localish stuff.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you know what the worst beer I've ever had was?

Fat Tire.

terrible.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What's wrong with Heineken?

its terrible but costs like its good

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.