edited October 2010
    the pentagon was hit by a cruise missile and it's still standing

what are they shooting it for

Elendil on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I can be fairly mellow. I tend to get most pissed at my mistakes which is often when I start fucking swearing.
    That second sentence is pretty much me.
    The last couple of days I have been a mis-clicking mess in LoL. Yesterday it was compounded by trying out new champs for a bit before returning to Shen in an effort to be something more than dead weight. It got pretty frustrating having a teammate set up a great gank that would have been successful had I not stunned the fucking seige minion why the fuck does the game think I wanted to stun him and not the champion in front of him oh my god

Bama on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Fuckin' noobs need better comms discipline.

That was the best thing about that guild, under that RL (it later turned sour), clearing trash was fun, talkin bout shit. Then bosses, or the occassional double pull came, and everyone went serious, and only the RL spoke, or the occasional warning from a few members.
    I was kinda like an NCO in our guild, just kinda mediating between the other officers and the grunts. I was also always joking around in vent or /guild.

So yea, when I said "ok guys, let's focus," people knew shit had gotten out of hand and the calmed down.

I always modeled my officer style on former 4th grade teacher. I rarely cursed when I had that hat on, just made it abundantly clear what was wrong and that I expected it to be fixed. The times I did lose my temper were some what legendary.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also, I think it's considered pretty okay to get mad at being steamrolled. It's considered a sign of good sportsmanship to sort of go easier and help people who are still learning things, and getting trashed without learning how to get better is pointless and not fun.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Well, job interview went well. They'll pretty much give me any job I want that's not a management position, once the background check goes through.

I hate you, but well done! :wink:
    Don't be too mad, it's just an 8.50/hr job at a specialty grocery store. I'm pretty horrendously overqualified for it.

At this point, though, something's better than nothing. I really need to get a jump on paying back my somewhat significant debt.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Someone fired shots at the pentagon? Genius.

wut

Well not like in the building, but there was a breaking news on cnn about a couple shot fired at the building in general. Which is laughable.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Twitch makes me rage in LoL.

Freaking stealth rat.

Also, people who play Kayle and never heal.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    AP Teemo.

Yes, yes, I escaped the teamfight and stopped my team from being aced! There are two of them up, I can stop them from pushing once I heal and then... POOMF.

You have been slain!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    So that was my first time going to 30 Rock not as a tourist... they do a really, REALLY good job of keeping the public separate from the staff.

what were ya there for :P

and why did you not visit me I work right near there

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Video games make people really upset.

Like I toned down my response to games because I was getting too enraged. And I still get frustrated really easily.

I want someone to study game rage. It's fascinating. And it's so potent.

I was what was called a "grief player" back in Ultima Online (I used to get people killed, take their stuff, post the stories on a website). It was the reactions that made it entertaining, few people could understand that if they were better at the game, then I wouldn't be able to parade around wearing their clothes and selling their hard earned equipment.

I think I may have caused some people to quit the game.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the only time I've ever really flipped out was in MNC when Than and Nerd abused the fuck out of a sniper friendly map and just camped and sniped for an entire fucking 20 minute match

I had a fucking meltdown

I was mortified at my behavior

but jesus twenty minutes of that shit after I'd started off irritable god damn

Elendil on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    I can be fairly mellow. I tend to get most pissed at my mistakes which is often when I start fucking swearing.
    That second sentence is pretty much me.
    The last couple of days I have been a mis-clicking mess in LoL. Yesterday it was compounded by trying out new champs for a bit before returning to Shen in an effort to be something more than dead weight. It got pretty frustrating having a teammate set up a great gank that would have been successful had I not stunned the fucking seige minion why the fuck does the game think I wanted to stun him and not the champion in front of him oh my god
    Yeah, this was happening a lot with Zilean and his time bombs.

I wouldn't know what the new champions are like, though, because you guys ditched me like a bunch of assholes last night.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    one more week till I can play Dragon Age arrrrrgh
    It's pretty cool.

Aldo on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    the only time I've ever really flipped out was in MNC when Than and Nerd abused the fuck out of a sniper friendly map and just camped and sniped for an entire fucking 20 minute match

I had a fucking meltdown

but jesus twenty minutes of that shit god damn after I'd started off irritable

I always veto Steel Peel if it comes up.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't mind getting rolled when it's a swift death. When people pussy-foot around even though they swiftly put down any action taken by you or your team it starts to get annoying.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    To be fair, all the maps in MNC are sniper friendly.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sona's q targeting is so annoying. It has less range for champs then it does for minions, and sometimes the prioritization is wonky, so a lot of the time I'll think I'm in prime harrass range and end up hitting minions.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

Yes but that map has very little cover. I can live with being sniped. But moving away from the walls at all on that map is suicide.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RjvsI.jpg

this is not a photoshop

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Incidentally, Bama, you're one of my favorite people to play LoL with.

You are competent without being way higher level than me, so you don't pull up the level average when matchmaking.

Mostly, though, it's the accent. :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

I had a fucking meltdown

but jesus twenty minutes of that shit god damn after I'd started off irritable

I always veto Steel Peel if it comes up.
    Yup, even after I learned how to be an effective assassin on that map I still recognized that it needed to be skipped as often as possible.

Bama on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    It's pretty cool.

I'm looking forward to it.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's pretty cool.

Dragon Age wasn't nearly as amazing as I hoped. The core of it was pretty fun, but it really dragged in some parts (Dwarves, I'm looking at you!). It felt like they tried really hard to fit loads and loads of stuff in there, but didn't think about what really gave value.

Mass Effect 2, at roughly half the time, was pretty much the perfect game.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    In the very first game of LoL I ever played, one of my teammates was making fun of another for the game they were playing before it...in which this dude bought 6 pairs of boots.

Also, Swain is free this weekend. Curses! And I was just starting to get good with him. Now everyone will like Swain.

I will always have Warwick though <3

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I preferred the camp sections of the game to the ship in Mass Effect, though. The party members were uniformly more interesting, and if you didn't like 'em, you could tell 'em to fuck off.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Steel Peel and the one with the little oval dome in the middle are particularly great for snipers, though. The one with the small island in the middle is good about limiting the amount of the map a single sniper can cover.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    On one of the levels a sniper can snipe the money ball from outside your base.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    In the very first game of LoL I ever played, one of my teammates was making fun of another for the game they were playing before it...in which this dude bought 6 pairs of boots.

Also, Swain is free this weekend. Curses! And I was just starting to get good with him. Now everyone will like Swain.

I will always have Warwick though <3

Well, Swain is getting some rather large buffs if I recall correctly. So if you were good with him before expect to do ever better now!

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Six hours to go. Urgh.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Incidentally, Bama, you're one of my favorite people to play LoL with.

You are competent without being way higher level than me, so you don't pull up the level average when matchmaking.

Mostly, though, it's the accent. :P
    <3

Man, it seems like I should really move out of the Southeast so I can impress people with my exotic accent.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    LOL chat again

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I dislike PvP because all the rocks are bragging about beating scissors while they whine when a paper beats them.

And I hate it when people get competitive anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    LOL chat again

jooooooiiinnnnn uuuusssssss

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    snipers in MNC are fucking annoying in general

they're just particularly bad on Steel Peel

I think less of people who go sniper

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    hullo aldo

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I dislike PvP because all the rocks are bragging about beating scissors while they whine when a paper beats them.

Oh yea? Well I hate it more.

Bama on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yay for woot's customer service! They shipped a replacement router, and it arrived much faster this time.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited October 2010

to be fair paper is fucking cheap

Elendil on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    On one of the levels a sniper can snipe the money ball from outside your base.

That reminds me of battlefield bad company, the first one

there was a map or two where the first round of gold rush was always the attackers shooting the hell out of the gold crate from far far away with rocket launchers

with the foggy weather it was really hard to do anything about it

I mean you could easily snipe them if they didn't move because you could see the launches

but it took like ages for people to even try doing that

although that tactic got harder later on as people learned they couldn't sit in their base on that map but had to get close

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.