Options

Minimalist [Chat]

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Bridezillas is the greatest trainwreck tv show ever.

A friend from high school was in it.

Or rather I should say her caricature of herself was in it.

She seriously hammed it up. Like...a lot.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I arise! Or is it, I have arisen?

This carpenter out of his slomber sterte,
    And herde oon crien 'water' as he were ,
    And thoughte, "Allas, now comth Nowelis flood!"
    He sit hym up withouten wordes mo,
    And with his ax he smoot the corde atwo,
    And doun gooth al; he foond neither to selle,
    Ne breed ne ale, til he cam to the celle
    Upon the floor, and ther aswowne he lay.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah im gonna go bald

i'm shaving my head today

tyrannus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Oh I figure they do it up for Drama. But some of these ladies are also just wack jobs anyway. I mean you can selectively edit some things, but there are others where you can tell the behavior is normal, well normal for them.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh I figure they do it up for Drama. But some of these ladies are also just wack jobs anyway. I mean you can selectively edit some things, but there are others where you can tell the behavior is normal, well normal for them.

I used to think so, until I saw the episode with my friend in it. I knew her pretty well. It was like watching someone else.

I've seen other episodes. I can't guarantee that some of those ladies aren't genuinely crazy. But...I have serious doubts after seeing the episode with my friend.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Shhhh, Drez, stop ruining my notions about hysterical flighty dames.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I arise! Or is it, I have arisen?

Present tense is used for atemporal facts or a temporal narrative

present perfect, with the participle and auxiliary verbs, is used to emphasize continuity from past to present

in many cases they are interchangeable or so subtly nuanced that they might as well be

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I used to think so, until I saw the episode with my friend in it. I knew her pretty well. It was like watching someone else.

I've seen other episodes. I can't guarantee that some of those ladies aren't genuinely crazy. But...I have severe doubts after seeing the episode with my friend now.

Was hers recent? Like I think some of the time they claim the lady is a "Bridezilla" when they didn't really do anything horrible. And others you can tell they are editing to make it seem like the bride is reasonable when she's anything but. They had a two hour episode recently with a lady who claimed to have a second personality "bambi" jesus that lady, she had 6 fucking wedding dresses 6! Thats at leas six thousand dollars for fucking nothing.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I've seen other episodes. I can't guarantee that some of those ladies aren't genuinely crazy. But...I have serious doubts after seeing the episode with my friend.

I tend to agree with Drez here. By their very nature of being there, cameras change what is seen.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Seriously, though, you put a camera in front of someone and 999,999 times out of 1,000,000, they are no longer the person they were a second ago.

Also, that's not to wave aside the fact that acting like a crazy person on "reality TV" where a good many people will see you just for...money? Shits and giggles? is itself a little wacky.

Drez on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My life is becoming increasingly absurd

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wazilla wrote: »

*walks by naked with a top hat on*

WMain00 on
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Quit making Proton Packs.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

*walks by naked with a top hat on*

*walks by naked without a top hat on*

Drez on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seriously, though, you put a camera in front of someone and 999,999 times out of 1,000,000, they are no longer the person they were a second ago.

Also, that's not to wave aside the fact that acting like a crazy person on "reality TV" where a good many people will see you just for...money? Shits and giggles? is itself a little wacky.

"I'm not normally a selfish, rude attention whore! It's just the cameras, honest. Take them away and I'll go back to being a fairly polite selfish attention whore."

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am never the person I was a second ago

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

"I'm not normally a selfish, rude attention whore! It's just the cameras, honest. Take them away and I'll go back to being a fairly polite selfish attention whore."

A normal person just becomes more likely to get naked. Deep down...we all want the world to know what our genitals look like.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guys I has a tech question.

My 40" HDTV is 720p but also 1080i compliant. The PS3 has set itself to 1080i. What's better though?

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

A normal person just becomes more likely to get naked. Deep down...we all want the world to know what our genitals look like.

One day, I'll be able to afford billboards across the world for a simultaneous broadcast of my junk.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2010

My 40" HDTV is 720p but also 1080i compliant. The PS3 has set itself to 1080i. What's better though?

It will scale everything to 720p anyway, so go with that. What's the actual native resolution?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010
    Drez. I downloaded some Rilo Kiley. Under the Blacklight. An odd #1 band (played) to have.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FINALLY i had a science idea that no one else has done yet

this is only important to me but i thought i would share

Arch on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

It will scale everything to 720p anyway, so go with that. What's the actual native resolution?

No idea :P

EDIT: 1366x768.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah even if you are hamming it up for the camera, thats all the world would ever see. Why would you be a super rude bitch to your family "for the camera" and all the world. Its not like they are going to offer one of these ladies a real show or anything. I feel sorry for the camera crews and grooms. God knows I'd have second thoughts if my wife acted like that prior to our wedding.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Elki wrote: »
    Drez. I downloaded some Rilo Kiley. Under the Blacklight. An odd #1 band (played) to have.

That's the weak album of theirs.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Inside the mailbox was the sound of yourself crying.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yeah even if you are hamming it up for the camera, thats all the world would ever see. Why would you be a super rude bitch to your family "for the camera" and all the world. Its not like they are going to offer one of these ladies a real show or anything. I feel sorry for the camera crews and grooms. God knows I'd have second thoughts if my wife acted like that prior to our wedding.

If your wife aspires to be on Bridezilla then you shouldn't even being marrying the dumb broad.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Listening to the Oscar Peterson version of Straighten Up and Fly Right. I don't like it.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am going to be on Bridezillas and have a mental breakdown and end up in the hospital laughing and smearing my poop on the camera.

It'll be a commentary on the voyeuristic, mercenary, soulless nature of reality TV.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am going to be on Bridezillas and have a mental breakdown and end up in the hospital laughing and smearing my poop on the camera.

It'll be a commentary on the voyeuristic, mercenary, soulless nature of reality TV.

I'll Tivo it.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Did the winning PA comic from the line up get announced?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

If your wife aspires to be on Bridezilla then you shouldn't even being marrying the dumb broad.

Oh hell no, we just like watching it for our 45 minutes of hate. Our wedding was a destination one in Vegas for cheap. My mother in law was the zilla with her outlandish demands and bitchy behavior.

Like she had never met my father ever prior to us getting married, within twenty minutes of meeting him she was asking what he was going to pay towards the after wedding dinner. Now she had never talked to me about this, and just said it out of the blue, that was fucking embarrasing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Is it? I'll get the others. I've been going a little download-happy with the zunepass.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Did the winning PA comic from the line up get announced?

Sand.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh my god this dude in front of me fucking stinks so hard.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

They completely diverged from their normal style on that album and to be honest, I wasn't sure I liked it at first. It grew on me and there are some very solid songs on it - I'm partial to When The Angels Hung Around and Breaking Up - but she segued into disco there which was really weird.

It still has the same witty lyricism as their previous albums, but the musical style is definitely different.

Some of my favorite pre-UTB tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P24NW3o38u0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ytDShWdLUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55asu_d8pAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdCBHM7JUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZBvAAzMphE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2zuO7a9cQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBnGXkihu8

But really there's so many amazing Rilo Kiley songs.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There should be a reality tv show about a group of friends who just hang out and have fun and are nice to each other and everybody else

and the little candid interviews are them talking about how everyone else is great

and sometimes they disagree but it's always resolved healthily and without anger or violence

it would be kinda like the fireplace channel

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Is it? I'll get the others. I've been going a little download-happy with the zunepass.

More Adventurous is the best by a decent margin. The Execution Of All Things is good too. Under The Blacklight was rather different and not at all what they are good at.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

No idea :P

EDIT: 1366x768.

Go with 720p, nominally. Otherwise whatever you like the look of better - though 720p will be easier on the eyes in the long term because it's not interlaced.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "A Man/Me/Then Jim" is one of my favorites, ever.

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.