edited December 2010
    man I hate this soundtrack so much

I can't hear you over the sound of me punching your face

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Really disappointed in this movie. Mix good graphics and meaningless technical jargon together, stir in a decent soundtrack and you have this: a vapid, forgettable piece of shit.

I was reading what you had to say and was going to type my thoughts and response but then you said a decent soundtrack in an insulting sort of way

then I stopped reading

gonna buy the fuck out of some toys tomorrow

Ack! Why do the toys have to be awesome? I'm too damn broke to buy Tron stuff AND Transformers (that never stop coming out!)

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    After the movie my wife said that Olivia Wilde would make an awesome Major if they did a live action Ghost in the Shell. I could see that.

Edit: The soundtrack is indeed awesome. I got it a few days ago from Amazon for $4, looks like it's double now.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man that was a good movie

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Going to see this on Monday afternoon with the bros.

Things are going to get weird.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    heh heh heh 8-)

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The film was essentially a 2010 version of the original. Thin on story/plot but big on fun and (for the time, in the case of the original) special effects.

But this one had the plus of AWESOME MINDBLOWING MUSIC.

So yeah I enjoyed it. Not gonna argue that it's the best film of the year or even in the top 10 but I enjoyed it.

I love the dynamic of Quorra in the real world. She's like a little girl that's been locked in her room her entire life getting to experience the world for the first time.

Or, coincidentally, like Rapunzel.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I really liked it
    Like Max Zero and several other people are saying
    It's a sequel to the original
    The music was kick ass
    But Jeff Bridges was a lot more awesome this time around
    I hope God is just like Kevin Flynn

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    he had really gross hair in the first movie, in the beginning

like, jeri curl gross

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    After the movie my wife said that Olivia Wilde would make an awesome Major if they did a live action Ghost in the Shell. I could see that.

Edit: The soundtrack is indeed awesome. I got it a few days ago from Amazon for $4, looks like it's double now.

She would be indeed

But then again we need to see a lineup of all actresses her age with short Major hair

Barcardi on
  • Options
    That Guy ThereThat Guy There Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I loved the movie. Just got back from seeing it. It wasn't amazing plot-wise, but who cares.

That Guy There on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "The old man's gonna go knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "radical, man"

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jeff Bridges is just so awesome
    I'm watching him on SNL right now
    Singing Silver Bells with Cookie Monster

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that was so surreal

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good movie.

Best program.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man I hate this soundtrack so much

Fuck humanity, I'm joining the Grid with Gatsby.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    u63ru63r Jon "Bad Wasabi" Wood Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I somehow managed to intuit
    Renzler=Tron sometime around the scene where Clu blows up the ENDL club
    . I won't say "figured out", since I have absolutely no idea how I came to that conclusion. None. Aside from my well honed skepticism about
    named characters "dying" offscreen.

Nirya wrote: »
    Good movie.

Best program.
    YES

u63r on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What a very pretty movie sight and sound wise
    When we saw Clu speaking to his army and it clicked that it was only a few thousand people was such a ha-ha-oh-god-that's-so-sad-moment.

Seriously on
  • Options
    BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uuuuuugh this movie was so bad. It was Speed Racer minus the light-hearted plot; full of sound and fury, signifying some bullshit.

My suspension of disbelief is quite flexible when it comes to stuff like The Grid, because that's what I came to see. I did not come to see characters who are less human than the programs they're supposed to be interacting with.

BEARD on
  • Options
    BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And I loved Speed Racer.

BEARD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I thought it was Okay to Decent. I wasn't expecting Citizen Kane. I was expecting "Avatar"; pretty lights and noises, weak plot. That's pretty much what I got. Course, my views may have been tempered by walking two miles and change to an unfamiliar part of town after a six-inch snowfall just to get to the frakkin' theatre.

u63r on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fucking shit

Pandora just advertised this

"WE HAVE DAFT PUNK" is not a great selling point for a movie, guys. even on a site solely dedicated to music

Raneados on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've actually seen ads for the soundtrack on tv.

How many times do you see ads for a movie soundtrack?

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That was a little odd

now, the soundtrack is quite nice

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, and if anyone wants the iTunes UK code for the free downloads;
    TMXH96HKKLXP
    Tell me what the downloads were, 'kay? I'm curious.

u63r on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I just saw it.
    Tron was pretty obvious when they made him a big deal of him grabbing a second disc.

My favourite part though was the fact that I didn't like the bit of young Jeff Bridges at the begining. he still acted like an old dude.

But when he did that as Clu it fucking worked

Also this movie did not need three d's.

Two was more than enough.

Blake T on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DHS Odium wrote: »

She's a keeper. :^:

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really liked this movie and will likely see it again in theatres. It was just good fun.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh yeah.

Olivia Wilde was insanely good in this movie, she just ate up the screen every time she was on the screen with such a fun energy.

Blake T on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also, the Cowboys & Aliens trailer got me all excited for that.

And I wish Seth Rogen weren't in Green Hornet because I'm intrigued by the trailer but fucking hate him.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    this movie was amazing

and i second that comment about Cowboys vs. Aliens VoC

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    VestyVesty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    u63r wrote: »
    I somehow managed to intuit
    Renzler=Tron sometime around the scene where Clu blows up the ENDL club
    . I won't say "figured out", since I have absolutely no idea how I came to that conclusion. None. Aside from my well honed skepticism about
    named characters "dying" offscreen.
    I picked up that it was him when I noticed he still had his "logo" only now it was red. The four squares making up the T right under his neck is something only he has. No other program has that design.

Vesty on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Seriously wrote: »
    What a very pretty movie sight and sound wise
    When we saw Clu speaking to his army and it clicked that it was only a few thousand people was such a ha-ha-oh-god-that's-so-sad-moment.

Well,
    If all their crazy Grid technology works in the real world, they might not need that many people

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    "The old man's gonna go knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

You're really testing my Zen thing man

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also, my entire theater laughed their asses off when the Cowboys and Aliens title card came up and I wanted to stand up and shout at all of them to stop, stop, it'll be a good movie, stop laughing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I want that man!

BusterK on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    So I just saw it.
    Tron was pretty obvious when they made him a big deal of him grabbing a second disc.

My favourite part though was the fact that I didn't like the bit of young Jeff Bridges at the begining. he still acted like an old dude.

But when he did that as Clu it fucking worked

Also this movie did not need three d's.

Two was more than enough.

While I saw the film in IMAX, I saw it simply for the massive shake-your-innards bass those speakers put out, not for the 3D.

And this was actually the first film I've seen in IMAX, and I must say that this is the first 3D film I've seen ever (Including theme park rides) where the picture was crystal clear and bright. When I see most 3D films I end up seeing ghosting/double images most of the time, but that wasn't an issue here. Whether this was due to the projector or size of the screen or both I don't really know.

And no, the 3D effects weren't overblown, but that's nice sometimes. It's just subtle enough to make the movie pop without shoving stuff in your face all the damn time.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm reading the "Top Critics" reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it's really surprising to me how they're ripping into this movie

I mean it's a very well made popcorn film but apparently they all wanted something deep, man; one review even said "for a more thought-provoking look at the virtual realm, check out The Social Network"; which I'm sure was great but dropping that into a Tron review sounds kinda smug and pretentious

Grey Ghost on