Options

Steam | CHRISTMAS SALE! - Wait for Daily Deals on Games You Want

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    I'm considering picking up some of the Prince of Persia games... which ones are worth it?

Sands of Time is way worth it. And if you buy Forgotten Sands, it comes with Sands of Time. Bonus!

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sands of Time: Modern classic
    Warrior Within: Bleh
    The Two Thrones: Better than WW by longshot
    PoP 08: Other than the excellent art, hated it
    Forgotten Sands: Never played it because of DRM and because I didn't buy it in the $1 supersale (the most I'd pay for Ubisoft's Fuck You PC Gamers stupidity)

Zxerol on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, I've already played Sands of Time, so I guess I'll skip out on them.

Plenty of other fish in the Steam.

Garthor on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    proXimity wrote: »
    ANOTHER SUPER MEAT CONTEST!

http://imgur.com/dovBM.png

I have no shame.

area on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh I might add, Undergarden SUCKED. I couldn't wait to delete that demo after trying it.

I agree. It was horrible.

I thought it was kinda interesting but that the UI was designed by a mentally deficient squirrel. It took me a lot longer than it should've trying to quit it...

I had to alt-F4 out. I couldn't work out how to quit normally.

ok, Im glad Im not the only one. I finally just kept randomly hitting escape and it closed.

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Now that I own SMB, I need a way to make my Ps3 controller play nice with my Pc.
    Anyone?

Signed Windows Drivers and Utility for Dualshock 3

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

And instructions:
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/help/sixaxis-dualshock-3-driver-install-instructions

I've got it set up, but SMB seems to refuse to respond to the Ps3 controller.
    :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh I might add, Undergarden SUCKED. I couldn't wait to delete that demo after trying it.

I agree. It was horrible.

I thought it was kinda interesting but that the UI was designed by a mentally deficient squirrel. It took me a lot longer than it should've trying to quit it...

I had to alt-F4 out. I couldn't work out how to quit normally.

ok, Im glad Im not the only one. I finally just kept randomly hitting escape and it closed.

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Hence my joke.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright, time to unload some cheer up in here. Add me to your friends list on Steam (if you don't have me already) and place a number in front of your steam profile name that corresponds with a number on one of the games below. This means you can only enter for one of the games. Winners will be chosen at random for each category sometime tomorrow.

Disclaimer: If your Steam Profile Name is different from your PA forum name, you need to send me a message on Steam letting me know. Only forum members who have been here for a "decent" amount of time (where decent is an arbitrary number I think up) are eligible. Sorry, too many newcomers joining just for this thread. Stick around for next year!

You don't need to enter in this thread or PM me, just change your name and have me on your friends (or add me).

1. header_292x136.jpg?t=1277922712 2. header_292x136.jpg?t=1291218251 3. header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602388
    4. header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602388 5. header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602386 6. header_292x136.jpg?t=1278543757
    7. header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602382 8. deusz.jpg 9. header_292x136.jpg?t=1274909779

But wait! Behind one of these games is a hidden bonus game! The winner of one of these games will also get a pack of other games that has yet to be seen.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bought SMB, Titan Quest, and VVVVV.

I really, really need to get a wired controller or something for my PC.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    Raider MonkeyRaider Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey, could someone in the US of A do me a huge favour and gift my brother BF: Bad Company 2? It's like twice the price here so figure it's worth a try. I'll gift whoever does it something of comparable price (little more, little less, I don't mind, just PM the name of it to me).
    As long as he accepts my friend request, I will. :)

Awesome, thanks. PM me whatever game you want and I'll gift you it.

Oh and thanks exis and proyebat for the link and attempt respectively.

A big thanks to you as well! :D

Raider Monkey on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Now that I own SMB, I need a way to make my Ps3 controller play nice with my Pc.
    Anyone?

And instructions:

Try emulating a 360 controller, that works for me. Sometimes it forgets and reverts to the default controller, but clicking enable on the main screen (or in the Options screen for 360 emulation), should fix it.

If it's working correctly, you should see this in your Game Controller Panel
    360dualshock3emulation.jpg

Sometimes it also helps to close the MotionJoy Program, restart it, and then click enable.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figgy, I think the Prince of Persia sale is for today only, so if someone did pick that one then it might be full price tomorrow.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Figgy I'm already your friend and my numero is 3. (SensAZNal)

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So... KB on SMB is atrocious. I feel like it's making the game far more difficult than it should be. I mean I know it's supposed to be tough, but I shouldn't be fighting the controls here. I think I'll put it on the metaphorical shelf until I snag a controller for it. Which is sad, because I was loving everything else about it.

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Figgy, I think the Prince of Persia sale is for today only, so if someone did pick that one then it might be full price tomorrow.

All games are sitting in my gift management window, so I could gift em whenever. I'm kinda miffed I didn't buy a few of the packs from a few weeks ago and save them as a surprise.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So... KB on SMB is atrocious. I feel like it's making the game far more difficult than it should be. I mean I know it's supposed to be tough, but I shouldn't be fighting the controls here. I think I'll put it on the metaphorical shelf until I snag a controller for it. Which is sad, because I was loving everything else about it.

I don't think its that bad. Though it gets really noticeable when you enter the Jill warpzone

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone?

I used this guide and it worked alright :)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/09/quick-guide-on-how-to-use-your-sixaxis-on-the-pc/

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Many thanks for SMB Figment! I think I've wasted enough time pretending to work at the lab now, time to return home and do some meat jumping

Alegis on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ALRIGHT
    SO

ANOTHER SUPER MEAT CONTEST!

has come to a conclusion.

THE ENTRANTS

Shade

AdditionalPylons

Morrandir

fmz65

Area

I hope I didn't forget anybody!

AND THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR
    THE WINNER IS
    Nobody!
    Just kidding
    It's really...
    AREA!
    Puns crit for massive damage! I'll PM you to get you the game!

Thanks to you few who tried!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really need to get a gamepad or something. Getting way to many games lately that would be better with it, like Beat Hazard and Stranger's Wrath.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still have an outrageous amount of games from last year to clear, but with some money rolling in now (thank goodness), I can't help but purchase for myself a few games.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Monger's Christmas Glaivestravaganza

So I figure I'll give a shot at one of these giveaway things since the Steam sale holds such little sway over my own personal spending this year (and hopefully will continue to do so). But what to give away, I quietly ask myself, already knowing. There is only one gift I would be comfortable giving. I know it in my heart. I shall give the gift that keeps on giving. The gift of Dark Sector. Some of you may know about me and Dark Sector. For those of you that don't: I kind of like Dark Sector. Maybe you will, too! I'll make sure of it.

Now we're big on haiku around here. Haiku and MS Paint. And raffles. But no! I will work you chucklefucks much harder than that. I have devised a puzzle so devious that Sherlock Holmes himself would piss himself in despair at the very thought of it. Hidden amongst my recent post history is a code. What does the code look like? hidden. And hidden within that code is a message. Decode the message and PM it to me by midnight January 2nd or the girl dies. Also, the first 3 to do so will receive Dark Sector.

However will you work through it all? Will you share your findings with others in hopes of pooling knowledge? You'll only put them one step closer to stealing your succulent five dollars in prizes. Or will you hoard the pieces to yourself in hopes that none can riddle me this faster than you can? Risky business, my sometimes-friend. Either way, I suggest you get a move on. You know. Tick tock and all.

Oh, and good luck. You'll need it.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Note that Dark Sector on the PC has a major bug that causes widescreen resolutions to display incorrectly in fullscreen. Aspyr is unwilling to address the issue. The game will display correctly in widescreen resolutions in windowed mode, though, and 4:3 works everywhere.
    [tiny]

= 0
    = 1

[/tiny]

Monger on
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Anyone?

I used this guide and it worked alright :)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/09/quick-guide-on-how-to-use-your-sixaxis-on-the-pc/
    Ok so I did all that, and my computer sees the Dualshock. Now how do I make it so that I can play SMB with it? :P

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone?

And instructions:

Try emulating a 360 controller, that works for me. Sometimes it forgets and reverts to the default controller, but clicking enable on the main screen (or in the Options screen for 360 emulation), should fix it.

/snip

Sometimes it also helps to close the MotionJoy Program, restart it, and then click enable.

It might also be a good idea to turn your PS3 off at the back as well, just in case (unless it's a Slim, do they have hibernate modes? I dunno).

Oh and Raider Monkey, :^:

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Monger I added you as a friend on Steam, but I refuse to put that much effort for Dark Sector.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Did I mention the part about the girl dying?

That part was kind of important.

Monger on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Monger wrote: »

How do we know she isn't already dead? I need a picture of her holding todays newspaper to prove she's alive!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

How do we know she isn't already dead? I need a picture of her holding todays newspaper to prove she's alive!

I laughed way too hard at this.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    *Note that Dark Sector on the PC has a major bug that causes widescreen resolutions to display incorrectly in fullscreen. Aspyr is unwilling to address the issue. The game will display correctly in widescreen resolutions in windowed mode, though, and 4:3 works everywhere.

This was around the point where I started wondering if saving the girl was really worth it.

Oh and for everyone suffering problems with the Munch's Oddysee or Stranger's Wrath, Oddworld have a post where you can mention your specs and what's going on.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Look, I'll give her the keyboard for a second and she can tell you herself.

Hey, guys. I'm fine. Actually, it's kind of nice over here. We're playing Boggle!

There. Now go sleuth.

Monger on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone?

And instructions:

360dualshock3emulation.jpg

<3

This game is awesome.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Hey, guys. I'm fine. Actually, it's kind of nice over here. We're playing Boggle!

There. Now go sleuth.

That proves nothing.

Everyone loves Boggle! It could be anyone who types in magenta!

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I just bought the Oddworld pack. Has anyone else gotten it?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Inzigna wrote: »

My friend told me the two never-before-on-PC games are broken as all hell, and that the studio promises a patch soon, but not for a couple weeks.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

My friend told me the two never-before-on-PC games are broken as all hell, and that the studio promises a patch soon, but not for a couple weeks.
    And yet they're promising the fastest patch ever?

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I have. Pretty disappointed by Stranger's Wrath. My computer should be easily able to run it but it still lags atrociously, haven't tried Munch's Oddyssy yet. If you didn't have the 2 Abe games though its totally worth it, those two games are great.

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Elin wrote: »
    I was playing the Sims and I'm behind, but I'm going to post my recipe even if this is over because it's great.

1 roast - any type really
    cover the bottom of your crock pot in garlic, go nuts
    place roast on garlic
    cover roast in cayenne pepper
    add just a splash of liquid; water, stock, beer - whatever
    cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
    pull out meat and shred
    throw on some bbq sauce ( I make my own)
    cook for maybe another 30 minutes
    put that shit on a bun and die happy

I hope everyone likes BBQ cause this sound delicious enough to call you the winner of the Yet Another Meat Contest.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

There. Now go sleuth.

Klyka's Let's Play of Dark Sector was awesome. I always meant to pick it up and give it a whirl. :rotate:

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is dark sector the one where you had the spiked boomerang thing? I think I still have a shrinkwraped copy of it somewhere

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That was fun stuff monger. Now I want to do something similar

Alegis on