Options

[WoW-Warriors] Blizzard's perfect class. Envy us.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warriors, what is the heirloom weapon if I want to join the glorious world of prot?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    Buddies wrote: »
    Its a shadowstep + attack, it actually doesn't hit that hard considering the long cast time on a solo elite mob.

Yea, it's not really as scary as DBM will have you believe.

It is a bitch though when doing the Achievement Arrested Development because they cast it as soon as they evolve. And with Corla hitting like a truck + Shadowstrike on a random person + Gravity strike on you, that is a ton of healing that a lot of healers cannot keep up with.

I don't specifically recall the text on the achievement, but couldn't you just let them evolve when she's almost dead, or do you need to kill all three and then kill her?

Gotta kill the adds before you kill her after, I believe.

Also I believe the trick is to tank the boss far away so the adds do not spawn within her 100% attack haste aura.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warriors, what is the heirloom weapon if I want to join the glorious world of prot?

The 1H Mace I believe? I suppose there are swords, but I used the mace to great effect.

Bobble on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arms or fury for leveling?

Which is to say, I read the last page, but was there a consensus on what to roll from the low levels? Still Arms?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I vote arms so you only have to worry about keeping one weapon up to date. That and I think the top-tier fury talents are worth a lot of damage you won't have access to until late.

Monsty on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I felt like arms was much better than fury for leveling, cause you keep getting fucked by fury needing so much goddamned hit.

As for prot heirlooms I liked the dal rends sword, loaded with sta IIRC, but really any of them Thrash Blade, Dal Rends, the mace, will all have higher DPS than anything you get questing, unless you luck into an epic weapon, which is only better for 1 or 2 lvls from my experience.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At low level the heirlooms would give you plenty of hit for Fury to work, but as you get higher level it's pretty much inevitable that arms will outstrip it.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hmmmm, delicious Akirus the Worm-Breaker. It's too bad that I'm going to have to wait another week to test it out in a raid.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I did Cata leveling as Fury, and despite the hit rating dilemma it went pretty darn well. You do miss, and at times it can really suck getting 3 in a row, but it all balances out. My general plan was typically Colossus Slam -> Victory Rush -> Bloodthirst -> Bloodrage/Death Wish in the middle of the GCD to proc Raging Blow if it hadn't -> Raging Blow. Depending on mob health and miss rates, this pretty much annihilated the target.

I tried going Arms, and I dunno, I'm just not feeling it. Everything at first took a lot longer to kill and I took a lot more damage. I finally did figure out a decent rotation that killed things as quickly as above. Rend -> Colossus Slam -> Mortal Strike -> Overpower. Still though, it's not really gelling with me, though I'll probably give it some more time before I decide.

In fact, I'm surprised nobody talks much about Colossus Slam. It's a pretty spiffy ability. Get it set up right, and you can really do a lot of damage in that 6 second armor bypass window. I only wish it had a shorter cooldown.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wouldn't fury be hilarious for those few levels you could use double arcanite reapers on?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In fact, I'm surprised nobody talks much about Colossus Slam. It's a pretty spiffy ability. Get it set up right, and you can really do a lot of damage in that 6 second armor bypass window. I only wish it had a shorter cooldown.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29725

Arms though :)

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    After making a big deal of trying to figure it out, now I'm leveling as prot since I can basically just stay in instances forever. Wish I could dual spec now, though, so I could not quest as prot.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    After making a big deal of trying to figure it out, now I'm leveling as prot since I can basically just stay in instances forever. Wish I could dual spec now, though, so I could not quest as prot.

Just wait until you get to a quest that says 'Suggested Players: 3', shrug, and just do it yourself.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I leveled fury, but switched to prot once I got into the 80's, just for the survivability.

I can take on like 10 equal level mobs and barely lose any life in Prot.
    Good for dailies.

I'd level Arms though. Keeping one weapon up to date is better like someone said, but you will also miss less, which is a pet peeve of mine. I hate missing.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I leveled as protection all the 80 to eighty with a fair share of quests and dungeons. Once the changes to victory rush were made, I had no reason to switch to another spec. Quests I just rounded the whole area up and got the drops I needed and the victory rushes kept me alive. Protection was a blast....sadly by the time I got to 80, heroics were a pain because the DPS outgeared me so much holding aggro was a pain and I switched to fury

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Endomatic wrote: »
    I leveled fury, but switched to prot once I got into the 80's, just for the survivability.

Good for dailies.

I'd level Arms though. Keeping one weapon up to date is better like someone said, but you will also miss less, which is a pet peeve of mine. I hate missing.

Whenever I miss I can just imagine some smug voice over my shoulder going

heh, really?

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ok fellow warriors, especially Arms warriors, what is your DPS at pre-heroic? I am stuck at 5.5-6k and I feel like that is significantly lower than it should be.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Endomatic wrote: »

Good for dailies.

Whenever I miss I can just imagine some smug voice over my shoulder going

heh, really?

I actually say that aloud to myself.

If I miss multiple times in a row...

Endomatic on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Enig wrote: »

6% procs never happen though.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ok fellow warriors, especially Arms warriors, what is your DPS at pre-heroic? I am stuck at 5.5-6k and I feel like that is significantly lower than it should be.
    I only just started hitting heroics and I'm at 7.5k, with a lot of rotational fuck ups.

Biggest thing for me was losing rend uptime and getting less overpowers as a result, so I made my rend bar in needtoknow really big and that's helped. Also just getting it into your head that it doesn't matter if overpower has just become available, I know you want to hit it, but motherfucker your MS is off cooldown. Also, I only use colossus for the debuff pretty much which lead to an increase in DPS.

815165 on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wren wrote: »

6% procs never happen though.

Arms Warrior Col Smashed me 3 times in the span of about 8 seconds in a BG the other day. That was pretty cool.

Buddies on
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I think entering heroics I was doing 8k+. Wildly dependent on the fight. What are you glyphs? What's your general rotation?

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Turkson wrote: »

I think entering heroics I was doing 8k+. Wildly dependent on the fight. What are you glyphs? What's your general rotation?

Rend, Colossus, MS, OP, Execute is my priority. I use them whenever available based on that order, and use Slam periodically if I don't have something else to do.

If it's a group I spread the Rend with Blood and Thunder, use Bladestorm and/or Sweeping Strikes and use Cleave instead of Slam.

Glyphs are OP and Cleave. When I add MS glyph I imagine my DPS will increase moderately, but not the 1.5-2k increase I need..

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Victory Rush is so ridiculously overpowered and awesome, it's hilarious.

Did the TB group quest to kill the elite shark solo. Would have died otherwise had I not grabbed some nearby wildlife, killed it, and used VR for the massive heal. So awesome. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Victory Rush is so ridiculously overpowered and awesome, it's hilarious.

Did the TB group quest to kill the elite shark solo. Would have died otherwise had I not grabbed some nearby wildlife, killed it, and used VR for the massive heal. So awesome. :)

If you spec and glyph for it (field dressing, and impending victory), it gets to be rather hilarious how much self healing you can do. There's definitely been times when our healer went down, and I was able to get into the last 20% of a boss and whittle him down using victory rush procs, and some well timed cool downs. If there's some small adds involved, even better. It still gives you quite the fighting chance.

I expect to see quite a nerf on it. On the other hand, I hope they change Impending Victory to make it more reliable. Perhaps a 50%/100% proc instead, but with a "cannot happen more than once in X time", six seconds or so, or maybe just on shield slams instead of devestates? Overall, we'll probably get less impending victory procs, but it would be something we could count on a little more. As it currently is, though... it could pop up at any time, and we can sit on it for twenty seconds until we want to blow it.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They've already nerfed warrior self healing a bit since 4.0.1 went live. I think they're happy with where it is, for the most part.

I just picked up my warrior again to screw around with; both arms and prot are the bees knees.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to say what most people are afraid to admit.

I want Prot to have a 2 shield talent. You heard me, just like fury has 2 2haders. I want to sheild bash someone for 20k.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Sandwich- crushes your puny opponent between your shields, making them into a delicious snack.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I want the ability to wear a shield as a helmet.

The Wolfman on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How about a talent to wield a party member as a shield?

Rius on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to dual wield combat spec gnome rogues

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Roe wrote: »
    I'm going to say what most people are afraid to admit.

I want Prot to have a 2 shield talent. You heard me, just like fury has 2 2haders. I want to sheild bash someone for 20k.

Afraid to admit? I've been telling my guild the exact same thing for YEARS.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I guess I am the only Prot warrior that thinks that is a silly idea?

I tried out Fury and Arms for Arena last week. At the beginning of the week Fury was awesome. I could pop cooldowns and just about gaurantee a kill on someone as I did 60-100k damage in a single global cooldown. But then the Tol Barad change happened and everyone got a full inventory of PvP gear and is now sporting 3000+ resilience.

I 2v2 with a Mage friend of mine. Specced Fury and we went something like 9-15, then tried arms and we went to 10-18. Then I switched back to Prot and we went to 26-26. I'm staying Prot, I just can't play Fury or Arms I guess. I just can't give up the mobility Warbringer offers, and Spell Reflect is the greatest thing in the game. Knowing that I don't do WTFDAMAGE allows me to not tunnel a target and can set up some disgusting control on the other team. I feel at home again.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    I guess I am the only Prot warrior that thinks that is a silly idea?

Yes. Obviously you just don't prot hard enough.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It feels like Devastate does more damage at less rage cost at a faster pace than Heroic Strike. Am I crazy, or shouldn't the former just replace the latter on my bars?

It doesn't benefit from Incite, but HS crits stopped being my dps method anyway. I could move those points to Improved Armor and glyph for Devastate.

Plus it has an awesome animation and sound!

Rius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arms burst is gonna get a nerf. I just don't get where it's coming from.

Arms doesn't even get close to approaching the output of a mage, warlock, or even a ele shaman.

I put out more DPS on my 81 Feral than my ilvl avg 346 Warrior in (mostly) PvP gear (or even higher end rep gear), Heroic weapon and enchants unless I get string of lucky MS/Heroic crits and mastery procs after I colossus smash.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you're putting out more damage on an 81 Feral than an 85 warrior in 346 gear, you need to seriously review your rotation or spec, unless that's 346 holy gear you use for giggles.

Arms and Fury are both doing pretty solid damage, with Fury scaling better (particularly with haste and bloodlust) and doing some top-tier raid damage. Arms is doing well enough that it should be competitive in most content outside of 25 man raids. Arms on some fights is absolute king, particularly fights with sustained AoE DPS.

Arms PvP burst is pretty nuts, you can combine the following:

Recklessness (3 forced crits)
    Incite (actually make that 4 forced crits, what's up?)
    Colossus Smash (100% armor penetration)
    Deadly Calm (abilities cost no rage)
    Inner Rage (15% more damage)
    DPS Trinket
    DPS Racials, if any
    Throwdown

So in the span of a throwdown stun, you should be able to get a colossus smash crit, mortal strike crit, an overpower crit, a heroic strike crit, and another heroic strike crit, all doing 15% extra damage and ignoring all armor.

Arms burst is pretty scary, Fury burst is actually worse thanks to deathwish, but not having throwdown and deadly calm means Fury needs to put more effort into the setup.

For happier news, the same developer diary that talked about nerfing warrior burst was also discussing giving Arms warriors more reasons to gear for Haste, looking at Slam scaling in particular. If Arms didn't get so absolutely screwed by haste scaling, it would probably be a pretty competitive raid spec for PvE DPS.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rius wrote: »
    It feels like Devastate does more damage at less rage cost at a faster pace than Heroic Strike. Am I crazy, or shouldn't the former just replace the latter on my bars?

It doesn't benefit from Incite, but HS crits stopped being my dps method anyway. I could move those points to Improved Armor and glyph for Devastate.

Devastate is better yes, but you can still make use of HS as a "rage dump" for additional threat. Just using Devastate you will be wasting potential rage usage (at least in high-rage situations).

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got my Warrior to 85 over the weekend and got back in the swing of tanking. There is just something that feels right about tanking as a Warrior. Oh Warrior tanking, how I missed you so, while I went and cheated on you with a DK tank during Wrath.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rius wrote: »

Good News! You can do them both at the same time! Heroic Strike is off the Global cooldown. On most boss fights you can use it every three seconds and it will not interfere with your tanking rotation. Rage is the only limiting factor in considering when to use heroic strike.

I bound my Heroic Strike to Mouse Wheel Down when it was an On Next Attack ability. Tanking on my warrior feels very faceroll-ish as I constantly Mouse Wheel Down and hit 2-4-3 (SS, Rev, Dev) with the occasional 6, Shift-R, Shift-3 (Rend, Demo shout, Thunderclap) and a 5 when appropriate(shield bash). But for the most part im just doing 2323423423423423423424234234234234234234234234234234

Buddies on
This discussion has been closed.