Options

NOBODY EXPECTS THE [CHAT] INQUISITION!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ugh I saw this awesome show at the nj performing arts center

tan dun's water concerto

but I was told there's a picture of my uncle (he's in the orchestra) playing the water along with the 2 other guys but I can't find it! it would prove the awesomeness!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    nichu you are sick why aren't you sleeping

why aren't I sleeping

what is going on

awesome people are up and I would rather talk to them than try and sleep

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

why aren't I sleeping

what is going on

i am a fool, sig

i've decided (in honor of your commitment) to play soccer tomorrow

and there's snow!

so far i've recruited three friends on FB

hoping to get at least as 3v3 going

Organichu on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Organichu wrote: »

why aren't I sleeping

what is going on

i am a fool, sig

i've decided (in honor of your commitment) to play soccer tomorrow

and there's snow!

so far i've recruited three friends on FB

hoping to get at least as 3v3 going

snow soccer

sounds rad

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    kosh

i'm gonna whip you silly and fuck you stupid

hey

someone shut that cunt's mouth before i come over there and fuckstart her head

I do not know what this is about but it made me giggle like woah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OuMd0WBqbY

Organichu on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

why aren't I sleeping

what is going on

this is the [chat] happening

soon all the plants will kill everyone else

and we will have to find each other to restart society

our only way of connecting being the disintegrating telecommunications network

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    what is this about soccer, sig

god I feel crippled without a search function

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ahahaha arivia

speaking of the happening, did you see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hksKLHt9Kzg

I didn't used to care for collegehumor but they have been knocking some of these out of the park lately.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    jacob you really need to put that collected older dude back in your avatar

my mental picture of you is almost replaced by flex mentallo

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sig signed up for a soccer league

there may be cute boys

there may be drinks later

WHO KNOWS

LIFE'S AN ADVENTURE

Organichu on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

i could dig up a dozen posts (at least) where you're snide and dismissive about americans.

Well, I'm trying to change.

we must make a blood contract

I.. why?

Thomamelas wrote: »
    Except they don't really have a common culture, language or ethnic origin. They have a short lived shared history. They had 30 years as a country before the civil war broke out. Before that they were two countries. That short a shared history doesn't a country make. They aren't a nation.

And while having ideals is fine, poorly implemented ideals can be even more harmful in the long run. And the ideal of anti-intervention in Africa simply strikes me as Europeans dodging the responsibility for their actions. So I hold it in a fairly high degree of disdain. And as to my tone, normally I would apologize, but for you I make an exception.

You're making it sound like all of Europe is responsible for the situation in Africa. Swedish, take no responsibility, remain neutral. Although that's a shit view, so I don't hold it.

But I'll just drop it because I have little to say in this discussion and a poor understanding of the topic. It just started with an offhand remark that I thought it was pretty dumb to immediately hold the opinion of "olol, america should run in guns a-blazing" to solve the issue.

Daxon on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SiG is the official [chat] soccer ambassador.

I was supposed to play soccer.

But now I have to work.

I'm going to drive into the ocean. That'll show em! I'll be the male Sylvia Plath of my generation.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I found a soccer team to play on once a week

have to drive 45 minutes to do it but whatever

random strangers who I hope are nice! I've emailed one dude and that's it

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I found a soccer team to play on once a week

have to drive 45 minutes to do it but whatever

random strangers who I hope are nice! I've emailed one dude and that's it

Constantly take dives and pretend you're really hurt.

I swear to god its what real soccer players do.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    no way I play like a tough dude

don't take no shit

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SiG is the official [chat] soccer ambassador.

I was supposed to play soccer.

But now I have to work.

I'm going to drive into the ocean. That'll show em! I'll be the male Sylvia Plath of my generation.

also the edna pontellier

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    that was pretty good, jacob

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    soccer rules. i haven't played in ages though.

retrovm on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i play a pretty good center mid. high work rate, with all the running i do, and i have a lot of pitch presence with my height.

what i'm saying, i guess, is bring it on sig

i will make you hang up your cleats in shame

Organichu on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, there are pretty clear principles for determining sovereignty by international law. I would have thought that the current AU backed government would be the closest to being recognised under such tests, although they would as said above fail the actual control test. But then I would think a lot of countries with recognised sovereign governments would fail this test to some degree - a lot of them in Africa. But then Africa has its own rules about recognition as well, developed by the OAU and AU, where the colonial borders are deemed sacrosanct and will not be altered. Maybe the events in southern Sudan might help change this, and let Somalialand be recognised?

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i play a pretty good center mid. high work rate, with all the running i do, and i have a lot of pitch presence with my height.

I am gonna be so bad

I haven't played in forever

I like to play forward wing

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    that sounds like a frigging fantastic idea, SiG. I really hope it goes well!

I need to do something similar but my current shape is an offense to god and man alike

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I am gonna be so bad

I haven't played in forever

I like to play forward wing

sig doin bicycle kicks err'day

the next lionel messi, but you're a good bit taller

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wanna ride a horse

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I was really good at soccer in grade school.

I was really good at defense.

I was fat and could kick the ball far.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The thing is, Daxon, you have clearly started with the conclusion that US intervention is the worst possible thing that could possibly happen to Somalia and have reasoned backward from there.

I would love it if the EU, or even just the former colonial powers would stand up and help clean up the mess they made of Africa. I would love it if the AU could clean up the mess on their own, because it might be a sign that they are getting past some of the damage Europe inflicted. But the reality is that neither group is going to be able to. The EU won't because it's more complicated then a light peacekeeping mission and the AU has demonstrated that while they have the will, they lack the means.

I am a big believer in the idea of humanitarian force (if not the practice, at least this decade :P ) and it gets kind of tedious hearing people whose only opinion is that WAR IS BAD. Peace can be pretty shitty, too - I mean, ask a black dude in the South in 1860. But it's sad since Bush has basically guaranteed that it will be another decade or two before people are ready to have any sort of nuanced discussion about that.

That's all fine, but the group doing the humanitarian military intervention really needs to not be the US any more.

Even if the UN won't get involved, the US just can't keep sending its military out. It's such a terrible idea.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    watching rio bravo

hot cowboys!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

i could dig up a dozen posts (at least) where you're snide and dismissive about americans.

I.. why?

Except they don't really have a common culture, language or ethnic origin. They have a short lived shared history. They had 30 years as a country before the civil war broke out. Before that they were two countries. That short a shared history doesn't a country make. They aren't a nation.

And while having ideals is fine, poorly implemented ideals can be even more harmful in the long run. And the ideal of anti-intervention in Africa simply strikes me as Europeans dodging the responsibility for their actions. So I hold it in a fairly high degree of disdain. And as to my tone, normally I would apologize, but for you I make an exception.

You're making it sound like all of Europe is responsible for the situation in Africa. Swedish, take no responsibility, remain neutral. Although that's a shit view, so I don't hold it.

But I'll just drop it because I have little to say in this discussion and a poor understanding of the topic. It just started with an offhand remark that I thought it was pretty dumb to immediately hold the opinion of "olol, america should run in guns a-blazing" to solve the issue.

Except Sweden had colonies in Africa. The Swedish Gold Coast and Cape Coast come to mind. Cape Coast was one of the primary ports supporting the slave trade. The same goes for Swedish holdings in the Caribbean like Saint Barthélemy which was one of the major stops on the Middle Passage. I understand Sweden has a long history, and every country tends to gloss over the negatives, but yes Sweden bears some responsibility. And if not us then who?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I need to do something similar but my current shape is an offense to god and man alike

I just realized I did not regain as much weight as I thought I did over Christmas that is a good thing

also can you do me a favour and check in on the mage thread and just answer the questions in the op so I can start planning some stuff? Thanks in advance.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    jacob you really need to put that collected older dude back in your avatar

my mental picture of you is almost replaced by flex mentallo

I am a lot more like a dyspeptic older guy

which is why I am sticking with Flex for now. it's a little bit of totemic magic.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    watching rio bravo

hot cowboys!

Ricky Nelson looks way too young to be smoking in that movie.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    watching rio bravo

hot cowboys!

Ricky Nelson looks way too young to be smoking in that movie.

not too young to sex me up!

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

have you ever seen run fat boy run

i'll be your trainer, mr. ghoshdastidar

harish-patel-313.jpg

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    poshniallo wrote: »
    The thing is, Daxon, you have clearly started with the conclusion that US intervention is the worst possible thing that could possibly happen to Somalia and have reasoned backward from there.

I would love it if the EU, or even just the former colonial powers would stand up and help clean up the mess they made of Africa. I would love it if the AU could clean up the mess on their own, because it might be a sign that they are getting past some of the damage Europe inflicted. But the reality is that neither group is going to be able to. The EU won't because it's more complicated then a light peacekeeping mission and the AU has demonstrated that while they have the will, they lack the means.

I am a big believer in the idea of humanitarian force (if not the practice, at least this decade :P ) and it gets kind of tedious hearing people whose only opinion is that WAR IS BAD. Peace can be pretty shitty, too - I mean, ask a black dude in the South in 1860. But it's sad since Bush has basically guaranteed that it will be another decade or two before people are ready to have any sort of nuanced discussion about that.

That's all fine, but the group doing the humanitarian military intervention really needs to not be the US any more.

Even if the UN won't get involved, the US just can't keep sending its military out. It's such a terrible idea.

I'd love it if we did a join AU/US peacekeeping mission. Let them do hearts and minds and we'll do infrastructure and logistics. But the AU clearly can't handle it alone, and who else is going to do it? The EU? NATO? The UN? The Arab League?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cool, my new mouses DPI can be changed in the settings window. I presume in case I want to do precise tasks like drawing or something.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I want SiG to headbutt somebody in the chest on her first day at soccer. Show them you mean business.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I.. why?

Except Sweden had colonies in Africa. The Swedish Gold Coast and Cape Coast come to mind. Cape Coast was one of the primary ports supporting the slave trade. The same goes for Swedish holdings in the Caribbean like Saint Barthélemy which was one of the major stops on the Middle Passage. I understand Sweden has a long history, and every country tends to gloss over the negatives, but yes Sweden bears some responsibility. And if not us then who?

I think most people sort of work with the framework of the Berlin Congress/ Scramble For Africa for colonial powers and responsibility, so I can see why a lot of the older, historic powers from Europe or the Middle East sort of get ignored.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I want SiG to headbutt somebody in the chest on her first day at soccer. Show them you mean business.

headbutt the biggest person there

kiss them on the mouth while they're dazed, and glare at everyone watching

you need to assert dominance

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    sigedine sigdane

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

headbutt the biggest person there

kiss them on the mouth while they're dazed, and glare at everyone watching

you need to assert dominance

man I am seriously going to be pissed if there are no cute boys there

oh god what if it's like all 40 year olds

oh lord

So It Goes on
This discussion has been closed.