As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Go figure the one day the dog doesn't defend our house against the menace that is the US Post, a package sat outside my door for a couple hours.
    2sbvhnd.jpg

Now, the question is, how many times am I going to get to wear it before the wife steals it for her elaborate pajama collection.

Thank you, Darkenedwing.

Okay. That's fucking sweet.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but what's that logo?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    anoffday wrote: »

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Perfection_Medal

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kor wrote: »

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Perfection_Medal
    Wow. I feel so stupid. How could I have been playing Halo for nearly a decade and not recognize that? :(

anoffday on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope it fits right!
    That shirt is one of a kind, I have a friend over in California who makes shirts like that
    she made a little post about it here

Some other ones shes made:
    2v81nix.jpg
    2pyxm47.jpg
    8yhrps.jpg

I hope it was worth the wait!

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Your friend is awesome and that Dead Space shirt is SO cool.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know what design you should tell her to do?
    cog-87317_2.gif

Dunxco on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

I wanted to wait till I could post a totp, but I guess this will have to do.

A fierce packa... oh wait! My first gift was snack sized!
    BitTripBeat.jpg

SirUltimos was my Santa, and he gave me this gift by way of apology for life getting in the way of his Santa'ing! You're forgiven SirUltimos!

Now, on to the package!
    sort001.jpg

My puppy was licking her lips, this is a very good sign!
    sort007.jpg

Exploding with cheer?!?! Oh my! My wife kept commenting about how much our handwriting looked alike. Also, Beards?
    sort011.jpg

What a haul! My wife spent some time growing up in Brittainland and was very excited to see Kinder Eggs and (according to her) Real Smarties. And there are Maple sugar candies and real maple syrup from the Great White North. Unfortunately only one of the Kinder Eggs survived the trip intact. My wife and I split one, and the kids each got one. The one that is intact is decorating my desk next to the figures I got out of the first 5 eggs.

And finally the feast!
    sort016.jpg

My kids are enjoying this almost as much as I am! I find it devlishly fun to bounce off their heads to reach a platform. Thank you for enabling another method for me to [strike]abuse[/strike] spend time with my kids!

Thank you SirUltimos for the wonderful gifts! Would Santee again!

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd better remove my santa hat - I completely forgot last year, and wore it all year round, whoops!

Also, I stencilled this tshirt for LewieP's Daddy for Christmas (its a Banksy, in case anyone didn't recognise it). The tshirt was a Jeff Banks, so I crossed out Jeff, and added a Y to Banks. OK, I know I'm daft!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    KSK wrote: »
    I've been incredibly busy (I work for a pro football team and the season is just now getting wrapped up), so here are the gifts my Santa got me:

All Steam games:

Audio Surf
    Beat Hazard
    Bit.Trip Beat
    Cogs
    Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
    Droplitz
    Eufloria
    Evil Genius
    Gish
    Iron Grip: Warlord
    Jolly Rover
    Osmos
    The Polynomial
    Puzzle Agent
    Puzzle Dimension
    Recettear: An Item's Shop's Tale
    Rythm Zone
    Shatter
    Tidalis
    VVVVVVV

Most of those were apart of 3 separate "indie game packs". I've been so busy, I've only been able to play a few from time to time. My favorite is Evil Genius... I could sit and get roped into playing that FOREVER!

Thanks Secret Santa! :)

Glad you like Evil Genius! It's one of my favorite games! I lose hours of time each time I launch it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    Well there was a problem with the gift I had sent, it was returned since my Santee was gone from home for quite some time. I have resent it a few days ago though (once I knew he was back) and am waiting for confirmation of it's arrival!

sorry didn't get here yet - and no deliveries on weekends

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    cog-87317_2.gif

She can make any of them, they are shirts she bleaches the designs into. If you'd want to get in contact with her for a shirt (prob $40-$65 depending on how intricate the design is), just let me know.

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just a thought, it'd probably take an hour and 10 bucks to try it out.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    cog-87317_2.gif

She can make any of them, they are shirts she bleaches the designs into. If you'd want to get in contact with her for a shirt (prob $40-$65 depending on how intricate the design is), just let me know.

Keep in mind there are some legality issues with making shirts with copyrighted material and selling them.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    AaronKI wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

A mysterious package was in the mail today. Thankfully, it was small enough that it could be stuffed in our PO box since the window was closed when I got there. I call in my insurance agents to look it over and make sure it's safe to proceed.
    01.jpg

Are.. are you sure about this, guys? The envelope says "Caution" on it.

02.jpg

The gecko says that I worry too much and begins to cut it open.

03.jpg

He dives right on in to pull out my new treasure. The duck watches.

04.jpg

Hm.. what's that you have there?

05.jpg

He unfolds it so I can get a better look. Say.. do you hear a hissing sound?

06.jpg

OH CRAP! CREEPER! Run, guys!

07.jpg

Not wanting my bed to explode, I quickly whip out my bow and release a barrage of arrows into it! Good thing I squashed that spider in the bathroom today.. otherwise, I might not have had enough string to build this.

08.jpg

It doesn't drop any sulfur (no TNT today..) but I'm able to turn its hide into a nice piece of armor. A wonderful trophy to show off my victory and strike fear into the hearts of my enemies!

09.jpg

Yes, this will do nicely. :D

mcscreen_secretsanta2.jpg

Thank you, Santa! There wasn't any indication of who sent it, so reveal yourself!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread. Just wanted to say I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had a really fickle time trying to figure out what to get you.

Luckily, minecraft is something we all enjoy :D

Sceptre on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sceptre wrote: »
    AaronKI wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

A mysterious package was in the mail today. Thankfully, it was small enough that it could be stuffed in our PO box since the window was closed when I got there. I call in my insurance agents to look it over and make sure it's safe to proceed.
    01.jpg

Are.. are you sure about this, guys? The envelope says "Caution" on it.

02.jpg

The gecko says that I worry too much and begins to cut it open.

03.jpg

He dives right on in to pull out my new treasure. The duck watches.

04.jpg

Hm.. what's that you have there?

05.jpg

He unfolds it so I can get a better look. Say.. do you hear a hissing sound?

06.jpg

OH CRAP! CREEPER! Run, guys!

07.jpg

Not wanting my bed to explode, I quickly whip out my bow and release a barrage of arrows into it! Good thing I squashed that spider in the bathroom today.. otherwise, I might not have had enough string to build this.

08.jpg

It doesn't drop any sulfur (no TNT today..) but I'm able to turn its hide into a nice piece of armor. A wonderful trophy to show off my victory and strike fear into the hearts of my enemies!

09.jpg

Yes, this will do nicely. :D

mcscreen_secretsanta2.jpg

Thank you, Santa! There wasn't any indication of who sent it, so reveal yourself!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread. Just wanted to say I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had a really fickle time trying to figure out what to get you.

Luckily, minecraft is something we all enjoy :D

Bwaha. I was in the process of reverse stalking a list of potential Santa suspects, and you were on that short list. :P

(PS: Have you received your own gift yet?)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I sure did! I have no idea who sent it, but I posted when I received it. It was a pretty awesome gift, already poured through it once and reference it constantly.

Ill post pictures when I get the chance, but I have no idea who sent it to me.

The gift was a copy of Robert McKee's screenwriting book "Story", and it's a terrific read.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dyvion wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

I wanted to wait till I could post a totp, but I guess this will have to do.

A fierce packa... oh wait! My first gift was snack sized!
    BitTripBeat.jpg

SirUltimos was my Santa, and he gave me this gift by way of apology for life getting in the way of his Santa'ing! You're forgiven SirUltimos!

Now, on to the package!
    sort001.jpg

My puppy was licking her lips, this is a very good sign!
    sort007.jpg

Exploding with cheer?!?! Oh my! My wife kept commenting about how much our handwriting looked alike. Also, Beards?
    sort011.jpg

What a haul! My wife spent some time growing up in Brittainland and was very excited to see Kinder Eggs and (according to her) Real Smarties. And there are Maple sugar candies and real maple syrup from the Great White North. Unfortunately only one of the Kinder Eggs survived the trip intact. My wife and I split one, and the kids each got one. The one that is intact is decorating my desk next to the figures I got out of the first 5 eggs.

And finally the feast!
    sort016.jpg

My kids are enjoying this almost as much as I am! I find it devlishly fun to bounce off their heads to reach a platform. Thank you for enabling another method for me to [strike]abuse[/strike] spend time with my kids!

Thank you SirUltimos for the wonderful gifts! Would Santee again!

I'm glad you enjoy the gifts! I was afraid the eggs wouldn't make it intact, but unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot I could do to protect them. At least you can enjoy the toys.

Merry (late) Christmas!

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Christmas should stay in our hearts all year round.

Yes, that was corny, but it's still true. I'm pretty sure I stole it from a Christmas song, though.

anoffday on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Christmas should stay in our hearts all year round.

Yes, that was corny, but it's still true. I'm pretty sure I stole it from a Christmas song, though.

I think I saw it in a Dove Chocolate wrapper too.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I wish it was Christmas todaaaaaaaay

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Santa! My package did arrive, though I don't have it yet. My brother is bringing it by my place tonight. Pics will be up soon!

elevature on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I want to see some sweet gift gets.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    I want to see some sweet gift gets.

I want to see what your reward was/is/will be!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just wanted to throw out that participating in this secret santa was one of the highlights of my Christmas season and everyone involved should add +5 to their awesome score for the new year. Looking forward to next year already :)

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Kias wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw out that participating in this secret santa was one of the highlights of my Christmas season and everyone involved should add +5 to their awesome score for the new year. Looking forward to next year already :)
    You mean this year. Don't make it further away than it already is. :D

anoffday on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GiftGet4b.gif

It's here!

As it is tradition, I summon forth my minion
    "I choose you Piikaachh... -- P-Piiiichuu!"

ss1rr.jpg

Pichu seems interested

carefully we begin to open up the package
    ss2mm.jpg

and examine the inside
    ss3m.jpg

what might be hidden under these?

together we remove the package material and find
    ss4d.jpg

No one else than the biggest, meanest motherfuckers of Azeroth!

"Oh no! Quick, Pichu, those foes are too dangerous for you, go back into the ball!"

Meryl Felstorm, Undead Warlock Deluxe, featured in the WoW: The Comic series (I want to start reading those now :D), and his loyal (read: enslaved) demoness servant, the Succubus Amberlash (complete with a tempting bag of sweets, that malicious seductress!).
    ss5v.jpg

"Wow, that certainly is a neat epic set you have there! How many months have you spent raiding dark, wet, claustrophobic dungeons for this one, Meryl?"

"Let's not talk about it..."
    ss6l.jpg

I have a hoof fetish ... just so you know

time to hit some creeps
    ss7y.jpg

Many thanks to Klyka, my awesome Santa!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SO glad they finally arrived! I was wondering how long it took!

Glad you like them Alfred :D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cool giftage.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    SO glad they finally arrived! I was wondering how long it took!

Glad you like them Alfred :D

and sorry for being such a complicated Santee, heh

and another gifting triangle is complete (well, almost)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Santa, gift has been gotten! I will do a proper post tonight when I get home from work.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Finally,

GiftGet4b.gif

A package arrives (it had actually arrived a few days ago, but I moved and it was at my dad's house). A curious message is on the back:
    IMG_0592.JPG

A note!
    IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG

Lyrics, apparently. And I can sing along...

That was...something.

And now, the gift!
    IMG_0595.JPG

First...
    IMG_0596.JPG

Deadly Premonition! I've been hearing a lot of talk about this, but know nothing about it. I'm very excited to give it a shot, it's rare that I go into a game completely blind.

Second...
    IMG_0597.JPG

Tales of Vesperia! I've been curious about this one for a long time but never bought it for some reason. I started playing it already and it is so, so Japanese. In a good way. It's a nice, colourful change from all the Fallout:NV I've been playing lately.

Thanks so much, Shady3011!

Edit: some of those pictures are sideways. And huge. Sorry about that.

elevature on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm glad you liked the gifts. I do admit I probably should have included some 3D shades.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Let's say you are sending your gift across the ocean, and your Santee isn't there and it has to be sent back. Do you have to pay again to send it out another time? Logically, I'd assume yes, right?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah. A returned package is considered delivered and the paid postage is no longer valid.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Let's say you are sending your gift across the ocean, and your Santee isn't there and it has to be sent back. Do you have to pay again to send it out another time? Logically, I'd assume yes, right?

At that point it might be more cost effective to just go digital. Considering the amount I spent to ship to Canadia, and the amount that was spent to ship items from Canadaland to me, it was just about equal to the gift cost. I'm sure you know how much you spent the first time... is it worth spending that much a second time to possibly not have the gift delivered again? How about gift cards, digital or otherwise?

I'm not trying to be grinchy... if you have hand made items and want them delivered then you don't really have a choice... but yes, you would have to pay to have it shipped again (in all likelyhood).

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That's why I always use amazon ore something like that when doing gifts exchanges like these. Freight from Canada to anywhere is brutal.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm a bad person for posting this late, but:

GiftGet4b.gif

this monster of a pair of packages came in the mail a couple weeks ago:

yjk55.jpg

naturally, my fake pet needed to examine it:

oLQTS.jpg

...and demanded to know what was in it:

3Yq0A.jpg

turns out, it's Settlers of Catan (not pictured) which I lurv but did not have and this:

qYGpe.jpg

which is pretty gosh-dang neat. It's a Catan board made out of tiles. Totally whipping this out next time we play. Thanks, ZOMGIloveBEES!
    ImthebOHGODBEES

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is that a custom tile playing board?

That is awesome! And probably heavy!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is that just for show? I'm not a Catan guy, but is that enough spaces for a real game?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.