Options

Fuck Needles

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nah you just get pain every once in awhile. Mine was years ago and every once in awhile it'll hurt, usually after prolonged sitting.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm fine with needles, as long as I don't actually look at them while they're being put in or taken out, can look at them while they're in no bother though, just the anticipation I guess.

What really sucks (to diverge slightly to medical stuff in general) is being handed a pack of catheters and some alcohol rubbing gel and told to sterilise your hands thoroughly then catheterise yourself 3-4 times a day every day.

Fuck that shit.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    getting needles in your eye is a weird sensation

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Having had chronic back pain for three or so years now I can safely say I am usually pretty good with pain. Most days it is ok, it just sucks when you are having a it hurts to breathe day.

Blake T on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nah you just get pain every once in awhile. Mine was years ago and every once in awhile it'll hurt, usually after prolonged sitting.

well recurrence is pretty common, and it's also been swelling again and stuff. Ugh.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    Having had chronic back pain for three or so years now I can safely say I am usually pretty good with pain. Most days it is ok, it just sucks when you are having a it hurts to breathe day.

Oh god. I know exactly what you mean.

Did you ever lose feeling in one of your legs? One time that happened to me while I was working and I was a waitress at the time. It sucked.

Sassori on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    well if ya got recurrence problems I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but a cyst ain't one.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    well if ya got recurrence problems I feel bad for you son

I got 99 problems but a cyst ain't one.

My whole family (mom, both brothers) are prone to them too so whatevs, I've had worse.

It was a bad summer for injuries. It was like I finally got my shoulder fixed so a few other things had to break to make up for it. Cysts, and a car accident that gave me TMJ.

And now with football starting, it's gonna be like full body pain 24/7.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    getting needles in your eye is a weird sensation

Having a needle for a dick must be pretty rough as well.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Geek wrote: »
    Pain don't hurt.

:^:

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Uriel wrote: »
    I have a few things called skin tags on my neck.

Makes getting my neck trimmed at the barber a pain.

I get these things! I got one on my eyelid once, but I twisted it off. Also one on my neck. I have one under my arm, but I've mostly left it alone.

Ladies.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My grandmother just had a stroke, apparently.

I may have to miss a few classes this week in order to head up to MA to see her. I sent her partner an e-mail to see if it was appropriate, but I still feel like I should just get on a bus ASAP.

EDIT: "BUS"

I should get on a "BUS" ASAP

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    aw shoot, I wish and send my best

Wombat!! on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Strokes can be rough, I wish her a speedy recovery.

Any idea how bad it is?

Sassori on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok, I'm gonna go, I've decided. She's responsive, but I don't like the sound of "the droopyness in her face is getting better."

If anyone has any poetry or favorite short stories they love and think are appropriate that I can share with her I would be very gratified to hear them.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna go, I've decided. She's responsive, but I don't like the sound of "the droopyness in her face is getting better."

If anyone has any poetry or favorite short stories they love and think are appropriate that I can share with her I would be very gratified to hear them.

I like Robert Frost's "Choose Something Like A Star" and Emily Dickinson's "The Moon is Distant from the Sea"

Sassori on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I went to Seattle in 06 and didn't even see the space needle.

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I went in 08 and a small group of us went and got pictures up at the top of the space needle. It was neat

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I went in 09 and the space needle is the only touristy thing I did.

Managed to get a little nausious even though I wasnt activly afraid of falling. Hell the elevator ride seemed more scary than being out on the porch thing.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    there's other touristy things to do in seattle other than the space needle?

Raneados on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    heck, there's THINGS to do in seattle other than the space needle?

like restaurants? and movie theatres?

like a weaw widdle city?

awww adowable!

Raneados on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've never been scared of needles. When I was a kid I used to watch them with fascination - the way the skin holds for just the briefest of moments, denting under the pressure of the needle before it gives. I used to love watching my blood get drawn, the way I could feel my heart move and watch the vial surge.

I'm not crazy, by the way. I swear.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I did the toenail operation once, might have to do it again on three more places but fuck.

It was pretty fun, showing up at the clinic, asking "Hey, where's mister doctor?" "Oh, I'm miss doctor, we decided we didn't want to have mister doctor operating on you" Mister doctor is Russian and can't speak the best Finnish but I always trusted that he was competent enough to operate on a fucking toe if they employed him at a clinic.
    And then people know the drill, a couple of needles into the toe that hurts like hell and then you're drugged so you don't really feel the pain until a while after.
    After about 6 months or so after the stitches were removed my toe was getting in grown again, so I went to see mister doctor who got one of those scissor-forceps looking things and plunged it in my toe and started rooting around while swearing.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    there's other touristy things to do in seattle other than the space needle?
    I guess the aquarium is popular. And you can ride ducks.

Also I saw a place with a dead body that sold human skulls. I didnt like that place much.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MrMonroe wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catullus_16

I'm kidding here, by the way. I hope that reading some 2000 year old poetry that would be worthy of SE++ cheers your day up a bit, Monroe. You're a good guy, and mad hugs <3

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Problem with my toe things was that I let it go way, way too long before getting it fixed so it was hells of infected and also they had to dig through most of my toe to get it out so afterwards was a couple days of an inordinate amount of pain. I got hydrocodone but it kept wearing off and maan. I'm glad that is the worst I've had health problem wise. Real surgery would probably be a bitch.

Or cancer. One of my roommates had that

Artreus on
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My in grown toe nail(s) got me kicked out of the army. Well that, and the insomnia that they couldn't cure with any medicine they could give me and still trust me with handling a gun and a fucked up knee and also the fact that I was and am kind of overweight but I am blaming it on the toe(s).
    At least at this moment.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i've had a crazy amount of needles put in me after I was attacked by a dog they weren't sure had rabies.

M.D. on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh yeah guys

The toenail in the jar is some intense shit.
    You can smell it from over three meters away when the lid is off. Funny thing is, there's no actual pus on the nail. I've been informed that it was a fungus caught under the nail, causing the skin to the side to beome inflamed. Technically not an ingrown nail at all, but no less painful. Having a square centimter of skin growing in the path of the nail is not fun. Especially when you kick your toes frenquently on shit because you still don't know how big your feet are :L

So yeah. Toenail with thin white pasty fungus growing on it

smell could knock you out if you put it close enough and sniffed hard

Warcry on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had an ingrown toenail get infected once. That was fun.

skettios on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    rotten tooth in a jar

HUUUuuurrrk

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »
    They put a weird...uh, string like thing in mine, and then just took it out after a few days.

I'm actually concerned that mine is coming back...

:/

That's bacteriostatic packing material. It keeps it from being able to fill with puss while new tissue grows inside to start closing the wound.

Rane: The EZ IO is awesome. If you want fucking brutal look up the FAST IO... that's some brutal shit right there.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I give blood religiously every two months.

This last time I came quite close to passing out.

Moral: eat food, folks. Don't forget to do this basic biological imperative.

I looked like a freaking amateur.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've tried giving blood several times but occasionally get turned away by a nurse who can't find a vein on me. Usually the ones who have done it for a while won't send me away but I freak the newer nurses out.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Warcry wrote: »
    Oh yeah guys

You can smell it from over three meters away when the lid is off. Funny thing is, there's no actual pus on the nail. I've been informed that it was a fungus caught under the nail, causing the skin to the side to beome inflamed. Technically not an ingrown nail at all, but no less painful. Having a square centimter of skin growing in the path of the nail is not fun. Especially when you kick your toes frenquently on shit because you still don't know how big your feet are :L

Oh my GOD.

Can we please just change the name of this tread to TMI so that people who are scared of needles will come in here as well and talk about their gross maladies?

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just got my ingrown toenail removed. All of the nail.
    It took six needles to numb the goddamn thing. My big toes are freakishly large.

I hate needles

It hurts so much.

But I kept the nail as a souvenir

I had this done, but with just the side of the toenail removed. Had to get 6 needles as well.

Problem was, it was done on both big toes. That was pretty painful.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh yeah guys

I didn't understand any of this post because it wasn't in yards and inches.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Well, the longest needle I ever got impaled upon was pain medication after I effed up my ankle. Yes, it was long, and yes, it went right into the side of my ass, but goddamn was it the most heavenly flip from misery to calm in my entire life.

MagnumCT on
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I seriously want to know why America isn't using the metric system

what up with that
    what's the deal
    who are these people

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    MagnumCT wrote: »
    Well, the longest needle I ever got impaled upon was pain medication after I effed up my ankle. Yes, it was long, and yes, it went right into the side of my ass, but goddamn was it the most heavenly flip from misery to calm in my entire life.

Intravenous pain medication is the closest thing to magic that we have in this day and age. One moment you wish you honestly wish to be dead because the pain is unbearable.

Then in just a fraction of a second, it's like a unicorn walked into the room and gave you oral sex. Freaking awesome.

ThreeCubed on
    EyQGd.jpg