As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 Lineup- Rawr!

ToniousTonious Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
MERGED for the sake of experimentation.
Accualt wrote: »
Look here, you guys can discuss what you want all the livelongday while complaining about how empty your wallets will be.
Release List
So large that I can't post it here, for reals

My wallets will be sooooooo empty!

Or atleast, the games coming out that I'm most anticipating this year. @_@ At 60 bucks a pop, I can tell I'm going to be losing weight this year when I choose a game over food. XD

6/05/07 Call Juarez
6/12/07 Tenchu Z
6/19/07 Transformers
6/25/07 The Darkness
7/03/07 Vampire Rain
8/06/07 Too Human
8/06/07 Stranglehold
8/17/07 Bioshock
8/21/07 Stuntman: Ignition
8/27/07 Medal of Honor Airborne
8/28/07 Blue Dragon
9/03/07 Mass Effect
9/03/07 Blacksite: Area 51
9/17/07 Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
9/18/07 Timeshift
9/25/07 Assassin's Creed
10/16/07 Grand Theft Auto IV
10/22/07 Mercenaries 2
11/01/07 Army of Two
11/06/07 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
11/13/07 Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
11/13/07 Left 4 Dead

@_@ Argh... that's more than I thought it would be, and those are just the ones I know about, and it's assuming that none of them get delayed like we know a bunch probably will. I got the list from a printout of release dates from Gamestop when I went there to blow money on a bunch of old games I've missed. So any games you'd add to the list, or any games you'd take off it?

Tonious on

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2007
    How did you miss Halo 3?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't like Halo >.> Rawr

Tonious on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Where'd this list come from? Last I knew, Assassin's Creed was a 2008 game.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    >:3

Didn't Call of Juarez come out but it was a pile of shite?

ben0207 on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    that is just silly

you have tenchu z in there but miss out on the game pretty much every dude here will buy

Ranced on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Of that list, I'm really only assuredly going to get Mass Effect, Assasin's Creed, and Timeshift.

Graviija on
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    D :

This should be locked.
    Rawr.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    falling_stonefalling_stone Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tonious wrote: »
    Or atleast, the games coming out that I'm most anticipating this year. @_@ At 60 bucks a pop, I can tell I'm going to be losing weight this year when I choose a game over food. XD

6/05/07 Call Juarez
    6/12/07 Tenchu Z
    6/19/07 Transformers
    6/25/07 The Darkness
    7/03/07 Vampire Rain
    8/06/07 Too Human
    8/06/07 Stranglehold
    8/17/07 Bioshock
    8/21/07 Stuntman: Ignition
    8/27/07 Medal of Honor Airborne
    8/28/07 Blue Dragon
    9/03/07 Mass Effect
    9/03/07 Blacksite: Area 51
    9/18/07 Timeshift
    9/25/07 Assassin's Creed
    9/25/07 Walo 3 (the rebels will never break this code)
    10/22/07 Mercenaries 2
    11/01/07 Army of Two
    11/06/07 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    11/13/07 Left 4 Dead

@_@ Argh... that's more than I thought it would be, and those are just the ones I know about, and it's assuming that none of them get delayed like we know a bunch probably will. I got the list from a printout of release dates from Gamestop when I went there to blow money on a bunch of old games I've missed. So any games you'd add to the list, or any games you'd take off it?

There are too many games I want to play and own on this list. The wallet is totally going to have to take it, right through the pants.

falling_stone on
    This sig is too small - Elki :P
    snowfalling.jpg
  • Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    no guitar hero 3?

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I will be amazed if Too Human comes out on that date. Not going to make any cock-eating bets, but still.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rawr.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Meh

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On one hand, I kinda want a 360 because there are so many great looking games on it, on the other, jesus, there may be such a thing as too many, and I'm non too fond of that $60 price point. D:

I'll definitely get one sometime after this generation dies out, if not before.

Edit: Uh, Rawr, I guess. WTF?

Darlan on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You forgot ace combat 6

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ranced wrote: »
    that is just silly

you have tenchu z in there but miss out on the game pretty much every dude here will buy

I don't like Halo >.> Rawr... and I'm giving Tenchu Z the benefit of the doubt despite the trailer not lookin' too good. I'll probably enjoy playing Ninja with my GF and friends more than I enjoy anything else about it.
    no guitar hero 3?

The game wasn't on the list I have, and to save myself time I only listed games coming out this year. The list goes into the first quarter of 2008 where a few good games are listed.

Tonious on
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm curious to know where that date for Mass Effect came from

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    RAWR

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Can you imagine if everyone made a thread listing which games they personally were looking forward to?

Here's an idea, Tonious. Make your list out to be a complete one of all future releases on the 360, at least, for this year. Then keep it updated.
    That'd be useful.

Rawr.

Stigma on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think the sad part about the 360 releases is that all my friends are going to get UT3 and Half Life Orange for the 360, while I am going to wind up dropping $800 or more on a gaming-capable PC just so I can't play the games with them. =(

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2007
    TxdoHawk wrote: »
    I think the sad part about the 360 releases is that all my friends are going to get UT3 and Half Life Orange for the 360, while I am going to wind up dropping $800 or more on a gaming-capable PC just so I can't play the games with them. =(
    get the 360 version. Friends are more important than KB+M

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    UT3 is coming to 360?

Sweet.

Eventually I'll need a net connection at home... Where's my Rainbow Six Vegas sequel?

Stigma on
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, you really need to prioritize. Much less affording all those games, do you really have to time to play them all?

Namrok on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Stigma wrote: »
    UT3 is coming to 360?

Sweet.

Eventually I'll need a net connection at home... Where's my Rainbow Six Vegas sequel?

Seriously. I don't care for GRAW, but I love Vegas and want more in a new environment. Maybe somewhere cold with lots of snow.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Can you imagine if everyone made a thread listing which games they personally were looking forward to?

Here's an idea, Tonious. Make your list out to be a complete one of all future releases on the 360, at least, for this year. Then keep it updated.
    That'd be useful.

Rawr.

Or, I could challenge you to a contest to see who could eat the most powdered bleach. >.> You first. Quit hatin' playa! I made the list because I'm bored at work and I had the print out with me. ^_^ Just shows how many good games are coming out, and it's a good chance to find out about games I might have missed on the list. So... yeah... Rawr

Tonious on
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Some of those games are multi-platform, too. I'm probably going to pickup Strangehold on PS3 since they're throwing in a blu-ray version of Hardboiled in. Everything else I'll probably hit the Wii or 360, though.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Gamefaqs has a list.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    8/17/07 Bioshock
    8/28/07 Blue Dragon
    9/03/07 Mass Effect
    9/25/07 Assassin's Creed
    10/22/07 Mercenaries 2

That's all I want, and I don't think Assassin's Creed is due out this year anyway. Odds are I'll pick up maybe half of them when they come out, and get the rest of them pre-owned later on when I've not got anything to play.

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • Options
    edited May 2007

That'd be useful.

Rawr.

Or, I could challenge you to a contest to see who could eat the most powdered bleach. >.> You first. Quit hatin' playa! I made the list because I'm bored at work and I had the print out with me. ^_^ Just shows how many good games are coming out, and it's a good chance to find out about games I might have missed on the list. So... yeah... Rawr

D:

Stigma on
  • Options
    CitrusCitrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man I thought Mass Effect was due out in June/July. I had Assassin's Creed as an August release too. This thread bares bad news for me. D:

Citrus on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't think MS would release Mass Effect in the same month as Halo 3. That'd be a terrible way to launch a new IP, imo. (Although, I'm surprised they launched Shadowrun and Forza 2 on the same day)

DesertBox on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mercenaries 2 is going to be sooo good

or at least it better be

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    get the 360 version. Friends are more important than KB+M

But...but...mods. ;_; I may get Half Life Orange on 360, just because any mods would probably just use vanilla HL2, which I already have.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thread lacks Overlord.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

6/19/07 Transformers
    6/25/07 The Darkness
    8/06/07 Too Human
    8/06/07 Stranglehold
    8/17/07 Bioshock
    9/03/07 Mass Effect
    9/25/07 Assassin's Creed
    26/09/07 Eylo Triple
    10/22/07 Mercenaries 2
    11/13/07 Left 4 Dead

Fucking hell. Those bastards, they know I can't afford it.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    In all honesty I found a lot of the mods for UT to be nothing more then Counterstrike clones. But I might have to get HL Orange so I can play Portal and all of HL2 looks decent.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My gripe with HL2 Orange is going to be that they include episode 1 & 2 but it's a planned trilogy. I imagine episode 2 has a cliffhanger ending.
    Sucks for me.

I guess ep3 will be a downloadable content thing in the future.

Stigma on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    To the couple people saying Assassin's Creed is 2008, Jade Raymond said in an interview at Ubidays last week that it's coming this year.

bruin on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Jade Raymond, in a video interview just last week, has reassured us that Assassin's Creed is most certainly due in 2007.

Edit: beat'd, but just by a hair

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My gripe with HL2 Orange is going to be that they include episode 1 & 2 but it's a planned trilogy. I imagine episode 2 has a cliffhanger ending.
    Sucks for me.

Knowing how Valve is with release dates, I don't think you want to wait for them to release Episode 3. :P Even without it though, it's hard to argue that Orange isn't one of the few console games that will have enough content to justify the $60 next-gen price tag. (Of course, it's still a slap in the face that the PC version will only be $50.)

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sucks for me.

Knowing how Valve is with release dates, I don't think you want to wait for them to release Episode 3. :P Even without it though, it's hard to argue that Orange isn't one of the few console games that will have enough content to justify the $60 next-gen price tag. (Of course, it's still a slap in the face that the PC version will only be $50.)

Considering I haven't played HL2 yet. It's not like I have a choice.

Stigma on