Options

Starcraft 2: Patch 1.3 on SEA! Notes on Page 93 (too long for OP)

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sceptre wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't feel like Artosis would crash and burn in the NASL. He is just so darn dedicated.

At the PAXEast thing, Day9 promised that once he returned to playing competitively he promised to eliminate Artosis from every major competition.

He also revealed that he does not have a random smurf account. Instead, he rolls a die and the results tell him which account to use (P/Z/T).

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I met Day[9] at PAX! I told him he was awesome and he gave me a <3 it was pretty rad.

Also met wheat and iNcontroL briefly (just to say hi) and talked to Sir Scoots for awhile. Was cool.

Also, I'm really tired because I was working 19 hour days Enforcing.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i think the funny thing about if day9 competed in something it would probably make tasteless want to be more competitive too

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is smurfing

and

what was that "I whip my hair back and forth" in reference to

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Idra NASL application

If you had 27 seconds in on when he'd QQ, you win!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    GreenbaronGreenbaron Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    What is smurfing

and

what was that "I whip my hair back and forth" in reference to

Smurfing is when you use a different account so no one knows who you are, usually done by the more famous players who don't want every loss being posted all over the internet.

No idea for the other one

Greenbaron on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I think he also forgot to mention where he got raped at an MLG.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahaha. God I love IdrA, but that video was horrible. Was he holding the camera in his hand or something? It kept shaking. Background noise. Sounds bored as always.

I guess since he's basically guaranteed to be in NASL already he didn't put much effort into it.

TheBog on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PantsB wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't feel like Artosis would crash and burn in the NASL. He is just so darn dedicated.

At the PAXEast thing, Day9 promised that once he returned to playing competitively he promised to eliminate Artosis from every major competition.

He also revealed that he does not have a random smurf account. Instead, he rolls a die and the results tell him which account to use (P/Z/T).

he's going to get back into playing competitively?

he's a great caster, thought he would just go with that instead of getting back in srs bsns training for tournaments

xta on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    it'll be rad when day9's done school and can go all out with whatever his sc2 endeavors are

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    xta wrote: »

he's a great caster, thought he would just go with that instead of getting back in srs bsns training for tournaments

He didn't exactly promise he would, but it was just short of that and stronger than what he's said before. He basically said he wanted to get back into playing when he could commit the time and then implied that time was once he was done with school (repeating that once he graduated he was going to do sc2 full time).

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    xta wrote: »

He didn't exactly promise he would, but it was just short of that and stronger than what he's said before. He basically said he wanted to get back into playing when he could commit the time and then implied that time was once he was done with school (repeating that once he graduated he was going to do sc2 full time).

Whatever it is, it sounds great! More day9 out there doing Sc2 stuff is fantastic!

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    dHA6p.jpg

I hope choya and inca make it through, and leenock and nestea get through theirs

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alright so now I have realised that I have been blindly making 4 gateways before doing anything else for the purposes of:

a) I feel the need to crank out as many units as possible to counter whatever the opponent is building, regardless of what I actually find on my scouting (I might favour more stalkers or sentries or zealots depending on what my scout finds, but it's still gateway heavy)

b) That's what I've been doing since my BW days where I only played the computer.

Watching some replays I realised I could safely go 2 gateway robo and it's working a treat! The matches look like I might be clawing my way into silver soon.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    Hahaha. God I love IdrA, but that video was horrible. Was he holding the camera in his hand or something? It kept shaking. Background noise. Sounds bored as always.

I guess since he's basically guaranteed to be in NASL already he didn't put much effort into it.
    Yeah, he said on SOTG he didn't really want to do it.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    man banshee mvp

repimg-33-195787.jpg

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    peacekeeper on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kpop is live.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whoah when did they start showing dudepop?

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    624198.jpg

man gom needs better graphic designers

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hahaha that up and down match intro. Stupendous.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yay shakuras and taldarim nice big maps oh wait protoss can 4gate anyway :(

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lemming wrote: »
    mastman wrote: »
    Lemming wrote: »
    Why don't they move warpgate tech

Why

It would fix all the problems

I still like the idea of warpgate only being able to warp units to a pylon within some distance of a nexus. Warp prisms remain the same. But for pylons has to be within so many meters from a nexus.

Yeah, but that's so inelegant it makes me want to barf.

putting warpgate on the twilight council is a thousand times better a solution

they dont even need to put something else on the cybercore to replace it, air weapons and hallucination is fine for it.

that would instantly kill 4gate, and fix PvP INSTANTLY

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huzzah PvP!

...wait.

EDIT: Uh, that would make warpgate a tad slow Dhal, not to mention costing you extra resources etc. You'd be very limited as you'd HAVE to get a TC and a Robo.

Seguer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    inelegantsolutions.com

Now mirrored on the Penny Arcade forums.

Oh huk. Expandingggggggggggggggggggggggggg versus a robo. :(

JAEF on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seguer wrote: »
    Huzzah PvP!

...wait.

EDIT: Uh, that would make warpgate a tad slow Dhal, not to mention costing you extra resources etc. You'd be very limited as you'd HAVE to get a TC and a Robo.

no you would obviously tweak gateway build times a little

although that does run the risk of making proxy gates too powerful. they can look at that

but warp gate is such a powerful upgrade and is available so early. 99% of all Protoss builds rarely make more than 4-5 units pre warp gate, which is fucking stupid.

Perhaps units could be more expensive out of warp gates.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I.. uh.. what?

Have you been replaced by a Terran/Zerg sympathiser?

Yes it is something that needs to be looked at but wow those are some huge changes you're talking about there. Even PTR isn't really enough?

Seguer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    nope just get rid of warpin tech
    and ff
    and banelings
    and marauders
    and pdd

and put scourge, reavers, and goliaths back in

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Am I the only one watching Huk herp derp it up?

JAEF on
  • Options
    Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nope. I'm watching it and loving it. 8)

Walrus von Zeppelin on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nope, HuK is pretty herpaderpin'.

Seguer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    He's not herpaderpin. He's making pretty minor mistakes and because PvP is fucking stupid and some guy decided to make a group of 3 protoss, those minor mistakes become HUGE ones.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    LemmingLemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seguer wrote: »
    I.. uh.. what?

Have you been replaced by a Terran/Zerg sympathiser?

Yes it is something that needs to be looked at but wow those are some huge changes you're talking about there. Even PTR isn't really enough?

As it stands, PvP is fucking retarded. It seriously needs some kind of change. It's just so one dimensional and boring.

Remember when people were bitching about how boring ZvZ was? That every game was just zealots and banelings vs zealots and banelings? It's like that, but there is almost no hope for different builds being viable, unlike how ZvZ has started branching out.

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah.. those kinda make it herpaderp. If you're at that level you should know not to make those mistakes!

Seguer on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    sentries herpderp

peacekeeper on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    He's not herpaderpin. He's making pretty minor mistakes and because PvP is fucking stupid and some guy decided to make a group of 3 protoss, those minor mistakes become HUGE ones.
    Expanding in game 1 and warping in sentries in game 2 is sensible play?

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Every game so far has been absolutely terrible

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    These games are pretty good examples of why PvP is fucking terrible.

At least TvT and ZvZ are fun to watch even if they're almost as shit to play.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh look. They both made 4 warpgates, then went for blink, then one of them lost because they didn't have a robo or forge. Fuck yeah.

Lemming on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    sc2 pvp is the bw zvz

peacekeeper on