Options

Eskimo [chat]ters

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Whooo 9 hours on a track that goes in and out of groove

blah

nothings going in and out of my groove tonight

I think you win your bet

man, I was pulling for you!

blah, sorry to hear that lady

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Okay fine, I'll settle for a threesome with Senj. one-two-three NOT IT.

Errybody wants a threesome with me

yes, this would not be settling

Listen... How disappointed are you and can you make it to Canada instantly

one billion disappointed

Weak-ass dude, sig

You deserve better

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gosling wrote: »
    I've been honing my writing skills since high school. I've taken any opportunity to write I can get my hands on. I took a student-help job in college to put together a journalism class. I'm on my third- third- book manuscript. I've written prospective newspaper articles. I've spent well over a year now putting out near-daily content for my blog. I know I'm a good writer- no less than Lisa Ling has said so- and yet I can't score so much as a Fark greenlight.

Meanwhile, we just hired a guy at Walmart. Today, four days into the job, he quit. Why? Because he scored a writing job that pays TWO HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS AN HOUR.

Words cannot describe the cross I am feeling right now between being apoplectic, jealous and completely gutted.

That guy probably let someone put their finger in him to get the job.

For $200/hr I would to. Go ahead, put my parents on speaker phone while you do it. I'll wait.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If I lived in Canada I'd go to a hospital all the time. Like, got an hour to kill before work? Maybe just head over and say hi, get a shot or something.

Our ER wait times are horrendous, but I imagine it's just as bad, possibly worse, in the States.

Try going in as a public patient here for a psychiatric admission. I spent 24hrs in an er. I was lucky. Some people wait for a week.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hah! that's amazing!

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i think revisiting the same pool of sexual partners (even the ostensibly cool people) is becoming toxic for me

If you suspect this you're probably right. That's the kind of instinct you usually want to trust.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Michael's a dick.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cutting and running from people when it is clear they are not healthy to be around is a good move in my experience.

Depends strongly on the people and the situation.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Like, why would I want to be with someone I perceive as weaker than me?

Sometimes everyone needs some shelter. Sometimes Leigh needs me to be the calm steady one when she's stressed out. And sometimes I need her to be the understanding one when I'm freaking out. Not weaker then me, stronger in different ways, that's all.

Yes, and that's give and take. Give and take is good, it's balanced, there's a mutual reliance. But being attracted to a girl because she needs your shelter, and needs you around to be her anchor is what I can't get on board with. There's a power disparity there. I find nothing attractive about a dependent.

You've missed something in the explanation. The point was to be a hero. To be better then one is. To not feel like a villain. It's about being needed. It's called co-dependency for a reason.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Believe me, nobody would want to stick their finger in him.

Also he wasn't that great of a truck unloader besides. Had he not gotten that writing job, I doubt he'd have made it past his 90-day probation.

EDIT: It was a videogame writing job, for what it's worth. I didn't know they even paid people $200 an hour to write about videogames.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Gosling wrote: »
    Believe me, nobody would want to stick their finger in him.

Also he wasn't that great of a truck unloader besides. Had he not gotten that writing job, I doubt he'd have made it past his 90-day probation.

Maybe his new job is to supply samples of awful writing?

Winky on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    trying to draft a text conveying my disappointment in a non bitchy way

I don't think this is possible

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    evilbob wrote: »
    If I lived in Canada I'd go to a hospital all the time. Like, got an hour to kill before work? Maybe just head over and say hi, get a shot or something.

Our ER wait times are horrendous, but I imagine it's just as bad, possibly worse, in the States.

Try going in as a public patient here for a psychiatric admission. I spent 24hrs in an er. I was lucky. Some people wait for a week.

My grandmother had to wait almost 12 hours in the ER after suffering a major stroke.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

They vary wildly by location and hospital. Also, you're in Toronto, right? The Toronto metro area has the worst logistical problems in Canada IIRC.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whelp I guess I should go to bed

Sorry about your double disappointment night sig

Night all

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

"YO WHERE YA DICK AT?"

also, is DUE around

listening to terje and the oni stuff has totally made me Scandinavian in my synth programming!

http://soundcloud.com/apres-garde/minny-and-trio

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

i mean

did this dude allude that it would happen tonight

i get your disappointment, not sure why you're angry at him though

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Cutting and running from people when it is clear they are not healthy to be around is a good move in my experience.

Yeah. I don't believe in rejecting people just because they have problems any more than I believe in seeking people with problems out.

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2011

The concept of "drafting" a text is deeply humorous to me.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Sometimes everyone needs some shelter. Sometimes Leigh needs me to be the calm steady one when she's stressed out. And sometimes I need her to be the understanding one when I'm freaking out. Not weaker then me, stronger in different ways, that's all.

Yes, and that's give and take. Give and take is good, it's balanced, there's a mutual reliance. But being attracted to a girl because she needs your shelter, and needs you around to be her anchor is what I can't get on board with. There's a power disparity there. I find nothing attractive about a dependent.

You've missed something in the explanation. The point was to be a hero. To be better then one is. To not feel like a villain. It's about being needed. It's called co-dependency for a reason.

Ah, yes, that. I am so not that type of person. Nothing admirable about that brand of 'heroism'.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

i mean

no there were no solid plans, just loose ones

that were followed up on very half heartedly

then excuses were made

doesn't make a lady feel good

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Yeah. I don't believe in rejecting people just because they have problems any more than I believe in seeking people with problems out.

Exactly.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011

my situation is: i am comfortable with the idea of casual sex, i have sex with someone, neither of us want to date, apparently both of our needs are being met

but then i come on the internet and go 'this is stupid, i want more, but i don't know what exactly i want more of'

i dunno

maybe i want to be in a romantic comedy where one of my casual flings sweeps me off my feet

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

For the time being, I've set out a sign that says "You must respect yourself THIS MUCH to ride this ride." I agree it's important to know a person, but if I'm looking for someone to date or on an early date with someone, I don't feel so bad about rejecting someone because they have problems.

Winky on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fluffy, I think we have well-established in the last 15 minutes that you do not "get" or exhibit co-dependence.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Ah, yes, that. I am so not that type of person. Nothing admirable about that brand of 'heroism'.

No, it's not healthy. One of the few blessings of my ex-wife is that any need and desire I felt to be punished for my sins was gone. I suffered enough.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    sorry sig :[

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    WHERE

YO

DICK

AT

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

"YO WHERE YA DICK AT?"

also, is DUE around

listening to terje and the oni stuff has totally made me Scandinavian in my synth programming!

i'm here

but i'm playing portal 2.

would this be conducive to portal 2

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    where all da white dicks at?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    what's up chat

what happened to sig?

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fluffy, I think we have well-established in the last 15 minutes that you do not "get" or exhibit co-dependence.

I was thinking of adding it to my sig. Just y'know, a short paragraph.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a little upset I'll never get to ask anyone where they dick at

edit - in that context. I could certainly start saying it if I really wanted.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    all the dicks standing in the line for the bathroom

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

i mean

no there were no solid plans, just loose ones

that were followed up on very half heartedly

then excuses were made

doesn't make a lady feel good

Do you still want something to happen with this guy?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    For the time being, I've set out a sign that says "You must respect yourself THIS MUCH to ride this ride." I agree it's important to know a person, but if I'm looking for someone to date or on an early date with someone, I don't feel so bad about rejecting someone because they have problems.

Well, yeah, everybody's got a threshold.

My standard is that the problems have to be under control. I don't mean that they never have a panic attack or a depressive episode. I mean that they're doing what they need to do to deal with it and they still make healthy decisions for themselves and don't let their mental illness warp their rational thinking.

That takes a little time to assess.

Feral on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    all the single dicks
    all the single dicks
    all the single dicks
    all the single dicks

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    ronya wrote: »
    what's up chat

what happened to sig?

I tragically did not get something I wanted

it is a major news event

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm a little upset I'll never get to ask anyone where they dick at

edit - in that context. I could certainly start saying it if I really wanted.

WHERE THEY TITS AT

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

"YO WHERE YA DICK AT?"

also, is DUE around

i'm here

but i'm playing portal 2.

would this be conducive to portal 2

what's the bass synth from?

i am digging it. it reminds me off something from selected ambient works.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.