Options

[Phalla] of Brass: The Artificial Men [Mini] - Game Over, Witch Victory!

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I frown for one thing making this whole ordeal even worse is the sudden rainstorm.

For this unfortunate sequence of events I blame CaptainPlanet82

Alegis on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gentlemen you are overlooking one fact.

There is a robo-dingo amongst us.

What have you to say for yourself Ringo?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    I frown for one thing making this whole ordeal even worse is the sudden rainstorm.

For this unfortunate sequence of events I blame CaptainPlanet82

I concur, sir! CaptainPlanet82, or should I say CaptainPlanet1010010, must be brought to justice.

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok everyone. I've found out how to eradicate all of the automotons from out midst. We must all start spouting paradoxes.

There is someone on the airship such that, if he is drinking, everyone on the airship is drinking.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Paradoxes? Paradoxes! My good man, surely you jest? What possible good will idle word games do us at a moment such as this?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Ok everyone. I've found out how to eradicate all of the automotons from out midst. We must all start spouting paradoxes.

There is someone on the airship such that, if he is drinking, everyone on the airship is drinking.

Is...is that a paradox? There very well could be a man on the airship that only happens to drink when everyone else is drinking.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What a fantastic idea!

A man of brass says to a room of gentlemen, "all men of brass are liars."

Rend on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I still think this is all quite useless and we're doing nothing so much as chasing phantoms, but I suppose it can't be helped.

!Dunadan until and unless we have some basis on which to make an informed decision.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Peccavi wrote: »

Is...is that a paradox? There very well could be a man on the airship that only happens to drink when everyone else is drinking.

Boom, Paradox'd

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It would appear I am failing to understand this Drinker Paradox. Are paradoxes not meant to be self-contradictory? From the afore-linked description, I gather your "paradox" is simply a statement which is eternally true.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    2+2 is eternally true, the drinker paradox is always true even though it appears to allow for a false option, at least that's how I understand the difference

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Peccavi wrote: »

Boom, Paradox'd

So, does this mean Peccavi is a robot, or... something something, paradox?

I lost my train of thought.

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Of the 25 interesting guests at this ball, I wonder as to how many are involved in this plot.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, isn't this a fine kettle of fish. The only reason I even got on this ship was because I've got to look for two old guys who ran away from the old folks' home. If Gaspar and Horace could please come out and contact me for further instructions, that would be just great. Then, hopefully we can go about our own business and get out of your hair.

Thank you...

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm not involved in any plots. Not a single iron in the fire, gentlemen and gentlewomen.

I haven't any gloves to upgrade, nor drink to be driven to. Such is one's lot.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    I'm not involved in any plots. Not a single iron in the fire, gentlemen and gentlewomen.

Me neither. Such is one's lot in life.

I suppose we could find something interesting to do to pass the time til nightfall. Can I interest anyone in a game?

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Well, isn't this a fine kettle of fish. The only reason I even got on this ship was because I've got to look for two old guys who ran away from the old folks' home. If Gaspar and Horace could please come out and contact me for further instructions, that would be just great. Then, hopefully we can go about our own business and get out of your hair.

Thank you...

Fine... kettle of fish? I do say I like that saying!

Who are these people you search for?

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Infidel

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the robot in our midst

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stuff the dashed fish! Lives are at stake! We've no time for petty ramblings!

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, it may be true that robots are in our midst, but it would be best for us all to remain calm. Irrationality breeds chaos, after all.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    These robots seem fairly irrational. One would think they would have some sane purpose or machination.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cythraul wrote: »

I suppose we could find something interesting to do to pass the time til nightfall. Can I interest anyone in a game?

Cythraul is this you?
    saab-ai08.jpg

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vote close is in two and a half hours.

Narration will likely be a little late tonight as I learn that keeping track of everything is vastly more complicated than I anticipated.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ringo wrote: »

Cythraul is this you?
    saab-ai08.jpg

Well let's just see what we havAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH What the hell is that!!!

Seriously, that would be no way to show up to a party!

This is an interesting game though I suppose... Ringo, is this you?
    03%20cyborg.jpg?1286238352

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Cythraul is this you?
    saab-ai08.jpg

If so, Ringo wins the award for "Most Poorly Made Robot... Ever"

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Almost a full day and still nothing gleaned. Truly, the skies have forsaken us. What will happen when these heretical beasts strike once more?

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    facetious wrote: »
    Almost a full day and still nothing gleaned. Truly, the skies have forsaken us. What will happen when these heretical beasts strike once more?

Unfortunately, the first day rarely gleans any useful information, except in the deaths of those robots, or robo-sympathisers, we smash upon the waves of fortune. Rest assured, information will be readily forthcoming.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Cythraul is this you?
    saab-ai08.jpg

If so, Ringo wins the award for "Most Poorly Made Robot... Ever"

Pfft, you're supposed to keep it going! Don't you play games?

kuhlmeye, is this you?
    eyeborg1.jpg

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll throw in a vote for Infidel. Just to avoid Inactivus.

As far as Horace and Gaspar, well, they escaped from the old folks' home a few nights ago... someone said that they were planning to take the steamship, taking the opportunity to drink all the liquor and pinch all the young maids where they aren't supposed to... it's my job to find them and get them to at least admit that I'm supposed to be taking care of them.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Simonwolf, the photo is priceless. I laughed so hard. Just for that, I'm willing to throw in my vote. Dunadan

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I'll throw in a vote for Infidel. Just to avoid Inactivus.

As far as Horace and Gaspar, well, they escaped from the old folks' home a few nights ago... someone said that they were planning to take the steamship, taking the opportunity to drink all the liquor and pinch all the young maids where they aren't supposed to... it's my job to find them and get them to at least admit that I'm supposed to be taking care of them.

Well, if they're here, they signed my guestbook... I just need to find it.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Vote close is in one hour. I will not be at the computer at vote close, but narration will be up tonight.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, shit. I don't know if I can actually play this game due to going on a trip on the morrow, so !drop out :(

My gravest apologies, but I do believe that my spot would be better served by someone else. :)

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hour 1
    Dead men and the men who know them

“Is this a joke?”

Dunadan019 Sigmund Lalonde looked at the assembled crowd with an expression somewhere between the eating of a lemon and the realization one had stepped in excrement. “After years of service to the Duchess, never mind my charity to the poor, you intend to cast doubt on me?”

“It makes sense!” someone with a great deal of bluster exclaimed from the crowd, “They’d replace the best of us! Make you look like you can be trusted! I know all about clockwinks, I own five watches!” The crowd gave a resounding cheer, caught up in his words. Sigmund closed his eyes and inhaled, before standing tall, showing no fear.

“Fine then,” he said coldly, “Lock me away. But know this – locked in this mad frenzy, like a group of common villagers, will see you all like the rest of my customers.”

“You see!” another man in the crowd exclaimed, “He looks at us like the dead! Get him!” The crowd surged forward, paying no heed to Sigmund’s fine clothes and trampling his hat as it fell from his head. They tugged him and pulled at him forcibly, bringing him to the nearest, smallest room and shutting the door. “Good work everyone! That’s one of those beasts down!”

Sigmund stared at the sealed door in disdain, before rising and turning. Behind him the ghosts of morticians past rose from the ground, glancing at him with mixed expressions. He turned to face them, waiting a few seconds before throwing his arms to either side and raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah, you were kinda screwed,” Frederick Lalonde admitted. The ghosts glanced from side to side, whispering and muttering amongst each other.

“What now?” Sigmund hissed.

“Uhm…” Frederick stalled, turning back to the other ghosts and whispering a few moments longer. He nodded and turned back to his descendent. “It’s just, uh. Well, this is. Erm. Inconvenient. This is actually a furnace.”

Sigmund fumed.

Carefully he lined up his shot. He’d been watching him for a while now, and there was no doubt in his mind that SLyM Horace Frink was an artificial man. It was brilliant really – send them in old shells, make them look harmless. He took the shot.

“Fuck!” he exclaimed a few seconds later. An old man bled out slowly on the floor. “Shit, damn, are you alright?” he asked, rushing to his side. “You…I’m…I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

Horace clutched his chest as his vision faded, looking up not at his attacker, but at the bright light above him. “So few?” he asked quietly, “They were numbered, but so few?” He reached weakly out, grabbing the collar of the man above him. “B-bury me…with twenty virgins…”

His attacker cast his eyes down, ashamed. An old man died in his arms, because he had been too hasty. Never aga-His collar was tugged at again.

“Ladies,” Horace clarified with his last breaths, “Of age. Don’t…make it….weird…”

Virgil_Leads_You Timothy Dellinger knelt over the corpse of The Visionary. He couldn’t help being cautious – he didn’t trust these damn things to play fair. It looked like the ticking was winding down though – there wasn’t any explosives, just a dying machine. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Yet no…the ticking was beginning to pick up again? It was getting louder, had he missed something? It took a few seconds longer of searching the machine’s corpse to realize exactly where he had made a mistake. Primarily, the assumption that the only thing that could be ticking was the corpse.

He had no opportunity to fight back, no chance to investigate nor even look at his attacker. Hands closed around his neck from behind, a vice of a grip that he could not break. He could not even manage to get up on his leg with the force of his attacker.

They would find him when they returned to the ballroom, dropped at the bottom of the stairs, neck twisted beyond recognition, and they would know they were no closer to victory.

Dunadan019 – Sigmund Lalonde (Mortician-In-Residence): Voted "Most likely to be an Artificial Man Hour 0" in university
    SLyM – Horace Frink (Aged Collaborator With His Good "Mason" Chum): Flintlock’d
    Virgil_Leads_You – Timothy Dellinger (Authority on Safe Demolitions): Forcibly requested to not be alive anymore.

A villager has achieved a secondary goal!

Role PMs now going out. Presuming that kime is available they will be replacing Lemminghead. Please vote to locate the Artificial Men.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I believe all role PMs are out. Please contact me if you believe I have missed you.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oOoOoOoOo

Had to get day 1'd at some point

OoOoOoOoO

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On one hand, there is far too much lime in that narration. On the other, a slew of minor victories.

Nevertheless, I shall vote for garroad_ran for his systematic approach to voting:
    This kind of robot infestation calls for a systematic search. I shall vote alphabetically. We can start at Virgil_Leads_You since that way it will take the vote longer to get around to me.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf, you were certain that innocent man was infact machine, but he was clean of soul and pure of flesh! It was plain as day! Such deception surely must be used to distract us from the real threat. I will have non of it, sir!

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    On one hand, there is far too much lime in that narration. On the other, a slew of minor victories.

Nevertheless, I shall vote for garroad_ran for his systematic approach to voting:
    This kind of robot infestation calls for a systematic search. I shall vote alphabetically. We can start at Virgil_Leads_You since that way it will take the vote longer to get around to me.

Cretin! Did you fail to notice that my method would have you voted for second last?

garroad_ran on