Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    you know what to do...
    Dance Fight!

(I'm still here too. Actually sorting through all my screenies last night)

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    I've got images uploaded for the next set. Should be up tonight.

• Options
    Magic User 27 - A Djinni and a Bottle

qfg2hero.gifWhat's going on?

q2q1inside1.png
    The past few hours are hazy in your memory. You remember only one thing clearly: you are here to find the Status of Iblis.

To-Do:
    -- Survive darkness of Iblis' tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.

qfg2hero.gifI feel like I've been on a four hour bender. Why is it dark? Can I see anything?

It is difficult to judge where you are going in this darkness. It is also very dangerous.

qfg2hero.gifLet's just feel around for a light.

You feel what might be a wall of this cave. It feels cold and damp, despite the desert outside. The sound of the wind is mostly above you.

qfg2hero.gifWhat about above me?

You bump your head rather hard into a stalagmite. Or is it a stalactite?

qfg2hero.gifOwww, fuck! Let's just get the fuck out of here.

As you step forward, you find nothing to step onto. Your hands grab for a stalagmite (or is it a stalactite?), but slip off the slick surface. You find yourself falling...

q2q1inside9.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, need light. What spells do I have again?

q2magicopen.png - Open things.
    q2magictrigger.png - Trigger existing spells.
    q2magicflame.png - Shoot Darts of Flame.
    q2magicfetch.png - Fetch far away objects.
    q2magicdetect.png - Detect Magic in area.
    q2magicforcebolt.png - Shoot Bolt of blunt Force.
    q2magiccalm.png - Calm pretty much anything, for a time.
    q2magiczap.png - Zap energy into weapon.
    q2magicdazzle.png - Dazzling light show to blind enemies.
    q2magiclevitate.png - Levitate up and down.
    q2magicreversal.png - Self-cast Reversal to reflect targeted spells.

qfg2hero.gifOk, anything that can light up a room? Dazzle sounds lighty...

q2q1inside10.png

Your eyes are blinded by the flash in the dark, and you still can't see.

qfg2hero.gifDamn it all! Flame Dart?

Your eyes are blinded by the flash in the dark, and you still can't see.

qfg2hero.gifDamn it, Keap, why couldn't you have some kind of light creating spell?

Wait! I have a magic lamp with a Fire Elemental.

q2q1inside12.png

qfg2hero.gifLooks like there's a path to the left here...

q2q2river1.png
    The glow in this cavern comes from phosphorescent fungi. The stream flows swiftly to a waterfall, which disappears into a great cavern far, far below. Old logs and other debris come from above. The rushing water carries them deep into the caverns far below.

qfg2hero.gifIt's times like this I wish I had a freeze spell, or at least a "Glide across water" spell. Maybe I'm agile enough to just leap across this river...

q2q2river6.png

qfg2hero.gifAnd maybe not. Those logs coming across the river look pretty large though...

q2q2river70.png

qfg2hero.gifIf nothing else works, trust in luck!

q2q2river71.png
    q2q2river72.png

qfg2hero.gifNow, what's this dark hole on the left? That's a fucking hurricane blowing out of that hole.

Careful examination of the air hole and the rocks above reveals that there are some loose stones that hold the structure together. There are small fissures running between its base and the rocks above.

qfg2hero.gifSounds like a job for blunt Force.

q2q2river11.png
    +7 Block Air Draft (401/500)

qfg2hero.gifNext trial!

q2q2river13.png
    +7 Pass River Room (408/500)

q2q3top2.png

qfg2hero.gifTo the right!

q2q4lava1.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, lava, let's just Calm down here...

q2q4lava2.png
    As your Calm spell takes effect, the flames from the geysers cease. The room still remains unbearably hot though.

qfg2hero.gifLet's think here...water beats fire. Fuck, that's the second time I needed a water spell today! I'm a little leery of letting the water elemental loose on me, so let's just stick with plain water.

q2q4lava4.png
    +7 Clear Lava Room (415/500)

qfg2hero.gifJim Darkmagic 1, Lava 0. Eat it, lava!

q2q5door1.png

qfg2hero.gifA cliff edge? Eat shit, climbing skill!

qcI6S.gif
    +7 Get down from cliff (422/500)

qfg2hero.gifWIT was tougher than this. C'mon, tomb, what else you got?

q2q5door8.png

None shall enter
    None shall pass
    but he who speaks the Name of Power.
    SPEAK NOW THE NAME OF POWER!

qfg2hero.gifAnother easy one!

q2q5door11.png
    q2q5door17.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, now what did that prophecy say before?

q2p6forbidden35.png

qfg2hero.gifOh right. That was the name. But who is 'He who Waits Behind'?...

q2q5door18.png
    You hear a sound of thunder.

q2q5door20.png
    +7 Open Door of Power (429/500)

q2q5door21.png

qfg2hero.gifJackpot! Treasure everywhere! There is the money I've been looking for.

q2q5door22.png
    q2q5door23.png
    q2q5door24.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, fuck that treasure. Now this treasure looks promising.

q2q5door27.png
    q2q5door28.png
    q2q5door29.png
    q2q5door26.png

qfg2hero.gifFuck me, why couldn't I learn that Zap spell? Fuck all this treasure, then, and fuck that trial of temptation right in the head!

q2q5door31.png
    +5 Clear treasure chamber (434/500)

qfg2hero.gifWhat else you got, tomb?

q2q6iblis4.png
    A glor illuminates this chamber. It flows from an object high atop the strange structure before you. At the sight of the glowing object you feel irresistibly drawn forward.

herofanboyw.pngOoooooh, shiny...

Your feet seem to move with a will of their own. As you draw near, you see that the object is a statue made of crystal. A dark, shapeless form stirs within it. The crystal's cool glow is numbing. You feel compelled to pick it up, but as you reach out...

q2q6iblis8.png
    You are suddenly unable to move.

q2q6iblis10.png
    q2q6iblis11.png

q2adavis.pngFool! Some hero you are! A pawn of the very man you sought to destroy. Thanks to your help, I now have that through which I can summon the greatest destructive power ever known -- Iblis himself!

qfg2hero.gifHoneymoon's over, bitch. Soon as I can move, I end you.

q2adavis.pngDo you know how long I have awaited this moment? Seventy years! Seventy years I have served the Dark Master while watching for the stars to align.

qfg2hero.gifSeventy years? Well done, grandpa. And you're still not a master? I've been looking up to the wrong dark wizard.

q2adavis.pngSeventy years I have spent learning the magic that controls men's minds and waiting for a fool to fulfill the prophecy for me.

qfg2hero.gifI'm right here, asshole. Ingrate.

q2adavis.pngTonight, as the moon arises between the Scorpion's claws and the Dragon's teeth, I shall begin the ritual that shall make me the Master! I will control Iblis, and thus control the world.

qfg2hero.gifI'm afraid I can't let you do that, Ad. I happen to like the people in the world...that adore me.

q2q6iblis17.png

qfg2hero.gifOh. I get it now. Shit.

q2adavis.pngFarewell, Hero!

2g63z.gif
    The door is blocked by tons of rocks -- apparently for good.

qfg2hero.gifI swear, I'll find some way to make him choke on those words before the night's over. At least I can move again and I'm not under his damned mind control any more. I need to protect myself against that shit next time. Good thing I have a Reversal spell.

Now, is there anything else in this room? Come on, luck!

q2q6iblis26.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat's this, now? Is that a ring?

You pick up the ring and read the inscription: "He Who Waits Behind." As you put it on your finger, you twist it a bit to see its design.

q2q6iblis29.png
    q2q6iblis30.png
    +7 Get Djinni Ring (441/500)

qfg2hero.gifI feel so much better now about that prophecy! What are you, anyway?

q2djinni.pngI've been in the Ring so long, I think I forgot. You can call me Djinni, though.

qfg2hero.gifA real Djinni? And you say I get three wishes?

q2q6iblis45.png
    +7 Ask Djinni about Wishes (448/500)

qfg2hero.gifGood deal. Why are you in this room?

q2djinni.pngWell, I was supposed to make sure Iblis doesn't get loose, so now I guess I get to help you bring him back, as the prophecy says.

qfg2hero.gifMan, I wish I was always this lucky.

q2djinni.pngBy my power, may you have the skill of ten men!

You suddenly feel much more skilled.

qfg2hero.gifShit, I wish I chose my words more carefully.

q2djinni.pngBy my power, may you have the skill of ten men!

You suddenly feel much more skilled.

qfg2hero.gifFuck me! I wish I wasn't such an idiot.

q2q6iblis50.png
    q2q6iblis59.png

qfg2hero.gifOr I'll just shut the fuck up right now and have you teleport me to Iblis, which seems like a much better place than here.

q2djinni.pngThere will be no safety for anyone until Iblis is returned, Master. We must hurry and bring him back!

qfg2hero.gifMaster, huh? I could get used to this.

q2q6iblis61.png
    q2q6iblis62.png
    q2q6iblis63.png
    q2q7raseir1.png
    q2q7raseir2.png

qfg2hero.gifYes, out of the tomb!

q2djinni.pngWow, What do you know? It worked! My magic really worked!

qfg2hero.gifI don't see Iblis here...

q2djinni.pngWe are now in what you call Raseir. This is as close to Iblis as I could get.

qfg2hero.gifSo, where did Ad Avis and Iblis go, then?

q2djinni.pngThere are some very powerful spells coming from that Palace over there. We don't have much time!

qfg2hero.gifSo, does that mean it's time to tear shit up, then?

q2djinni.pngWell, what are you waiting for? Let's go!

qfg2hero.gifI think I like you. A lot.

q2q7raseir7.png

q2sharaf.pngHero-friend! What magic you have at your command!

qfg2hero.gifFinally, someone notices.

q2sharaf.pngThe Underground is prepared to attack the Palace. If you need to enter there, we will provide some distraction for you. However, we are almost ready, so you must hurry before you are caught in our battle.

qfg2hero.gifI am not ashamed to use an entire army as a distraction. Better stay clear, though, because shit is about to get real.

q2q7raseir11.png
    q2q7raseir13.png

qfg2hero.gifOkay, fuckers. I remember everything I was supposed to do now..

To-Do:
    -- Survive darkness of (likely Iblis') tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Burn the moustache off that damned smug Khaveen's face.
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Free the people from Ad Avis, the Elemental's Master
    -- Restore Emir Arus (Ad Avis ruling, 1000 dinar reward)
    - Find tree-loving hippie that could free Julanar with true love
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gif...and I have no reason to hold back...next set!

Points tally (starting from 394):
    +7 Stop Wind hole (Trial by Air)
    +7 Clear River room (Trial by Water)
    +7 Clear Lava room (Trial by Fire)
    +7 Levitate down cliff (Trial by Earth)
    +7 Enter Door of Power
    +5 Clear Treasure room (Trial by Temptation)
    +7 Find Djinni Ring
    +7 Ask Djinni about Wishes
    Total: 448 points out of 500

q2q8end.png

One set to go for QFG 2.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ok, I LOVED your 3 wishes.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Haha that was awesome. Bravo.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Huh, that VGA redesign makes the cave look a lot more similar to that one part of QfG4

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Hurray for Jim Darkmagic! :^:

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Final showdown it is! Good set. I wonder how the muggles will make it through that cave.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Have I mentioned how much I love you guys for this LP? Because <3

• Options
    Fun set! Question, are the animated gifs not working for anyone else or is it just me?

• Options
    Are they not animating for you, or are you just getting broken links? There should just be two: levitating down from the cliff and the rockslide.

• Options
    Oh weird they're working now. At first the area that was animated was just blank, totally blank. I think it was a browser render problem.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait, you are over 200 on luck. Isn't that going to screw the import into 3? I always remembered it crashing if the stats were over 200 on import.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Wait, you are over 200 on luck. Isn't that going to screw the import into 3? I always remembered it crashing if the stats were over 200 on import.

I think it should be fine, but I can edit Luck down a bit if I need to afterwards.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Set 33 - Give Me All Your Stuff
    qfg11072011171706.png

qfg2hero.gifNo coffee. No mattress. No dignity. That's it. I'm giving this place a 1-star rating on Yelp, which is incidentally the sound I made when the rat climbed up my

bartenderp.jpgSignor Ferrari sends his regrets, but he had some rather disturbing news. He will talk to you this evening.

qfg2hero.gifOh I see, I'm his bitch and he talks to me whenever he feels like it. Well, it's not like I've got anything else to do today, guess I'll hang around until he comes back. Say, is that a parrot?

qfg12072011181710.png

qfg2hero.gifOn second thought, I think I'll go take a look around again. Just in case something is different. Maybe I can find out what this "disturbing news" is. I wonder if I can use my map?

qfg12072011181757.png

qfg12072011181801.png

qfg2hero.gifCheck out this thriving metropolis. I suppose I'll check out the palace first.

qfg12072011181819.png

qfg12072011181821.png

qfg2hero.gifOh come on. I can't even go to one of the three points of interest in Raseir? I guess I don't have any choice.

qfg12072011181842.png

qfg2hero.gifHm? Something is going on in there. Those pixels look very familiar.

qfg12072011181851.png

qfg12072011181850.png

qfg2hero.gifI would be very careful where you point those swords. If I wasn't totally lethargic from lack of caffeine, I'd take you all on right now. As it is, I'll just have to wait until you're asleep.

ugarte.jpgHero, you must help me! Do something!

The swords of the guards press deeper into your skin.

khaveen.jpgThere are no heroes in this town. You of all men should know that, Ugarte.

qfg2hero.gifErrr... hello? Hi. Hero here. Sort of the job description.

ugarte.jpgI know very little. What is going on? I am innocent of any wrongdoing.

qfg2hero.gifcoubullshitgh

khaveen.jpgIf you are so innocent, then what is this?

q2o3fountain13.png

He kind of slashes at his abdomen, and out spills water.

ugarte.jpgI don't know how that water bag could have gotten there. Someone must have planted it on me.

qfg2hero.gifWell, at least I know it isn't that he was happy to see me.

khaveen.jpgWaterskins under your tunic, Ugarte? You know that smuggling water is a crime against the state. You also know what we do to criminals like you.

ugarte.jpgNo, no, please. I am innocent! I do not know how it got there. No! Hero... Help!

qfg12072011181913.png

qfg12072011181914.png

qfg2hero.gifYes sir. No water elementals in my pocket, no sirree.

raseirguard.jpgI hope you are smart enough to learn this lesson. You do not want to see the dungeons of Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifActually, now that you said that, I sort of do. Oh well. Back to the inn I guess. Nowhere else to go, really. Do de do... hey, who are...

qfg12072011182156.png

qfg2hero.gifThat's what is says on all my business cards...

businesscardw.png

qfg2hero.gifUgh, I told Hakim not to go nuts with the fonts...

qfg12072011182202.png

mayzun.jpgQuickly, before the guards come.

qfg2hero.gifI'm coming, don't get your veil in a bunch.

qfg12072011182207.png

qfg2hero.gifOh, hi there. Would you like one of my business cards?

zayishah.pngPlease, you must help me. Take off your clothes.

qfg2hero.gif...aaaaand I'm spent. Damn.

zayishah.pngThat's gross. I must leave the city before I am forced to marry Khaveen. I have heard you are a hero. With your help, I can be out of the city by nightfall. I wish to disguise myself as you and leave with your visa, so please, let me exchange clothes with you.

qfg2hero.gifWell, before we get to that. Your uncle is a saurus. And I don't mean that as an insult, he really has been turned into a saurus. Some other hot lady is watching him in Shapeir.

zayishah.pngOh, it is so good to know my uncle is still alive. He is such a kind and friendly man.

qfg2hero.gifYeah, not too bright though. I did ride him for a while. That came out wrong. I mounted him and rode him all the way through the desert. OK, that sounds even worse. Let's just swap clothes now. Um, you might not want these now, after I... yeah. Let me just give you the spare clothes Shema packed for me.

zayishah.pngThank you so very much.

qfg12072011182252.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, don't look at me like that, lady. I didn't buy the glasses, don't worry your pretty little head about it.

qfg12072011182301.png

zayishah.pngPlease, in order to leave the city I need one more thing, although it will be dangerous for you. I must have your visa.

qfg2hero.gifSure you don't want my Discover card? I get frequent magic carpet flier miles on that thing. Oh fine, here.

zayishah.pngThank you ever so much. In return for your favors, I can only give you a token. Here is my mirror. You have but to show it to any woman in the Palace and she will aid you. Again, my thanks and may fortune favor you. Farewell.

mayzun.jpgWait until she clears the alleyway before you leave, Effendi.

A couple of moments of awkward silence pass...

qfg2hero.gifSooooo... what's your name?

mayzun.jpgI am called Mayzun.

qfg2hero.gifSo what the hell is up with Khaveen, Raisin?

mayzun.jpgKhaveen will not marry Zayishah. I will kill him myself before I will let him have her. I have been a servant to her since she was little, and her slave since Ad Avis made slaves. He has a snake's eyes, and hates all women.

qfg2hero.gifMore for me, I suppose. See ya, Karen.

mayzun.jpgIf you need a place of safety in the Palace sometime, the harem will welcome you for the aid you gave my mistress. I shall tie a veil from the battlements at night to guide you. Thank you greatly, Effendi Hero.

qfg12072011182412.png

qfg2hero.gifOh god dammit.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That last set is short, I know, but I wanted to get something out. I've had a very busy past few weeks, but it looks like I'm about to get a little more free time. I still need to go back and fix all the old sets.

• Options
    Houn wrote:
    Have I mentioned how much I love you guys for this LP? Because <3

<3 u

timspork, I've gotten my stats above 50 several times and imported safely into 3. It's no problem.

• Options
    I love the business cards.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    huh. I didn't know you could get a map in Raseir. Is that a VGA thing?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's because I haven't updated Style or something, but the handmaiden's text is REALLY hard to read using that color on the blue background.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Disrupted, yarp. VGA only.

Nocren, I'll give it a glance after I finish going through all my old sets. The OP has been updated with all of Piotyr's persistent, prolific posts.

• Options
    OK, fixed the color and all of my old sets are readable now too. There's a lot of weirdness going on with the forum switcharoo. Syphyre, when you get to making more, the biggest fuckbug I've found is that spoiler tags and quotes will break your text size, so you've got to add another size tag after and inside all quotes/spoilers. Really frustrating, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

• Options
    Yeah, the spoiler/quote thing was annoying.

The only other big issue was the strikethrough tag being changed from strike to s. Mass search and replace was fine, except when I actually used the word "strike" in a set.

• Options
    Noted, thanks!

I plan to get one up this weekend, I didn't mind falling behind since I was ahead for a while :P Also deciding on whether to start going more righteous indignation paladinish, or naive dogooder paladinish. I think the latter, since you two have plenty of indignation of various kinds.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Good job gang! I've never played or even heard of this game before now, but I just had to go clicking josh's sig to see who that third guy was. Definitely worth my time. Only problem is I've read all the sets so far so know I actually have to wait for the next one.

Keep it up!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks!

...you read 83 sets in one sitting?!

• Options
    Well not in one sitting. More like... three?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy shit

• Options
    Welcome to the herd. Glad you are enjoying the LPs!

• Options
    Well, I've completed the game now. I like that they slightly changed the ending so it leads into Wages of War now instead of Shadows of Darkness. :)

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Well, I've completed the game now. I like that they slightly changed the ending so it leads into Wages of War now instead of Shadows of Darkness. :)

I remember that confusing me when I was younger.

• Options
    Since the finale for QFG 2 is so well done and so completely different for each class (as opposed to QFG1 where the time from the second you enter the brigand compound through the end of the game is exactly the same regardless of class), I'm going to wait on posting the QFG 2 finale set until the other two are at the same point.

• Options
    I'll get there soon enough :)

• Options
    Do spoilers not work right in the preview pane or something?

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Syphyre wrote:
    Do spoilers not work right in the preview pane or something?

No, you can't open spoilers in the preview pane. I just edit out the [ spoiler ] tags for previewing, and then add them back in at the end when I know everything works right.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 24 - Beautiful Drab Raseir.

When we last left our fearless honorable Jethro...

qcBdq.gif

Oh yeaahh...what happened to him?

fZnIT.gif

qfg20110626132055.png

qfg20110626132103.png

After a week of traveling, you leave the caravan when it comes within sight of the city of Raseir. The Caravan Master warns you that Raseir is a dangerous place to be and bids you be wary of all you meet there. He rears up and salutes you, and you watch the caravan move onward into the desert.

You ride alone to the entrance to Raseir, and pass through the barred gates which barely open for you.

qfg20110626132113.png

qfg2hero.gifHrm...Raseir. Looks like Shapeir, if Murky and Lurky were living there.

qfg20110626132129.png

qfg2hero.gifWow, here to welcome me to the city and all! Howdy Friends! I'm Jethro, Shapeir sent me to...

qfg20110626132131.png

qfg2hero.gifOh...er...I thought this was the welcoming party?

qfg20110626132136.png

qfg2hero.gifWait what? It's obvious that you need a he...

khaveen.jpg*SLAP*

qfg20110626132141.png

qfg2hero.gifGeeze, yes, whatever.

khaveen.jpgSee that you obey all the rules posted around town. Rule number one: strangers must always carry their visa. Do you have your visa?

qfg2hero.gifWhat Visa? No one said anything ab...

khaveen.jpg*SLAP*

khaveen.jpgAlready breaking the rules, are you?

qfg2hero.gifDude back OFF already, I'm outnumbered, but I can take you down before your guards kill me.

khaveen.jpgHere is your visa. Don't leave town without it.

qfg20110626132155.png

qfg2hero.gifI don't think I like him very much. I'm going to have a little face to face chat with him soon. Very very soon.

qfg20110626132320.png

qfg20110626132324.png

qfg2hero.gifWoo. Lets hope the inn is still in the same place.

qfg20110626132343.png

qfg2hero.gifSame place? Yes. Same atmosphere? I don't think I'll be getting food as good as Shema. Or furry belly dancing.

A hush comes over the bar as people notice you and eye you sullenly.

bartenderp.jpgWill you look what crawled in from the desert? He has been out in the sun so long, his hair has gone yellow!

qfg2hero.gifAh, if you want to get technical, the color is blonde, not yellow.

ferrarij.jpgNow, now, Wilmer, he is a stranger to our fair city. You wouldn't want to give the wrong opinion about the hospitality of Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifI've had some of your hospitality already embedded in my ribs, but I appreciate the gesture.

ferrarij.jpgCome here, stranger. I see you have already made the acquaintance of Khaveen, out illustrious captain of the Raseirian Guard. So perhaps you already have an idea of Raseirian hospitality. Come here, sit down, and let us have a little chat, you and I.

qfg20110626132419.png

qfg2hero.gifSure, just give me a second, I want to look around first, I don't think I trust this place much.

qfg20110626132402.png

qfg20110626132412.png

qfg20110626132412.png

qfg20110626132427.png

qfg2hero.gifWell since you said please, I suppose I shall Signor Ferrari.

qfg20110626132431.png

qfg2hero.gifAlright, I'm listening Ferrari.

ferrarij.jpgIf you don't mind me saying so, you look like a man with a mission. I like that in a man. But perhaps a word of caution. In a city such as Raseir, there are many depths to the problems. Do not try to change things here too quickly. You will find that the system is not so bad, once you get used to it. However, it would be very dangerous to try to alter that system. You might make enemies.

qfg2hero.gifI've made enemies and lived, Ferrari. Don't you worry about me.

ferrarij.jpgEnough of such morbid thoughts, though. Perhaps we should share a drink in honor of our new relationship. Would you prefer Raseirish Coffee or a Djinn Sling?

qfg2hero.gif*remembering the HOF initiation* Coffee. Please.

ferrarij.jpgA most prudent decision upon your part.

qfg20110626132553.png.

qfg20110626132559.png

You drink the bitter, thick liquid. It has an odd, almost chemical, taste. You feel strange for a few seconds, but the feeling passes. Ferrari starts to ask some very probing questions but you evade most of them.

ferrarij.jpgYou are a very closed-mouth individual. You handle your drink very well. I trust you will handle yourself in Raseir as well.

qfg2hero.gifTrust me, Ferrari. I know how to deal with places like this.

ferrarij.jpgWe will reserve a room here for you tonight. You will need to return here before dark, for it is forbidden to be out at night.

qfg2hero.gifThis place rents rooms? No kidding! You coulda fooled me. Thanks for the free room Signor.

qfg20110626132612.png

qfg2hero.gifYou do that. Meanwhile I'm going to take a look around and get my hero on.

qfg20110626132614.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, bartender, tell me a bit about Ferrari, he had a lot of questions for me, I'd like to know about him.

bartenderp.jpgThat is Signor Ferrari to you, punk.

qfg2hero.gif*deep breath* Tell me about SIGNOR Ferrari.

bartenderp.jpgSignor Ferrari is to be respected and obeyed.

qfg2hero.gifLooks like I better be around for the meeting later tonight. I need to get more info out of Ferrari.

Off to explore Raseir...though at every turn our hero is prevented from moving on by guards.

qfg20110626132806.png

qfg2hero.gifThe only place I can get to is a few alleys and this poor desolate fountain *sighs* I'll...wait, honorably for a day or two while I figure out a plan. No need to be charging the palace. Yet.

Depressed by the grey city, Jethro heads to the desert to release a little tension.

qfg20110626132234.png

qfg2hero.gifLike I told the bartender, it's BLONDE. Sheesh don't you people know your colors? Then again I guess not.

raseirguard.jpgYour papers are in order. You may pass.

qfg2hero.gif...This city needs to be freed from the yoke of oppression, starting with these ridiculous rules.

qfg20110626132241.png

qfg2hero.gifThank you to the royalty back in Shapeir!

qfg20110626133143.png

qfg2hero.gifTAILSWIPE! And it's a battle saurus too! Sweet! I am so keeping you!

After beating a few bandits senseless, even though he wants to beat the guards senseless.

qfg20110626132305.png

qfg2hero.gifWhy here it is my good sir! *charming smile! :D*

raseirguard.jpgYour papers are in order. By order of Khaveen, you must have a pleasant stay.

qfg2hero.gifY'all wanna go get some drinks later on? Roll the dice? Tell me about any secret entrances to the palace? No? Well, worth a shot.

qfg20110626133232.png

qfg2hero.gifI don't particuarly want to sit down next to you, but seeing as I have no other sources of information, yet, do speak.

qfg20110626133250.png

qfg2hero.gifOh goodie. Storytime.

ferrarij.jpgHow you choose to react to this moral is your own life. As you well know, the old Emir was deposed last year, and his brother took over the Palace. Raseir used to be a place with very few laws and restrictions; a place where the streets were filled with people and merchants and water flowed free from the fountain. That has changed with the coming of Khaveen and his master.

qfg2hero.gifI can tell. Khaveen is a jerk, and I'd like to talk to him one on one.

ferrarij.jpgA new order has been established. The weak have perished or fled. Only the strong who adapted remain. Those that could not adapt were destroyed. You are strong, but it remains to be seen how adaptable you are. It would be a great shame for you to wind up in Khaveen's dungeons.

qfg2hero.gifFerarri, damn straight I am strong, but I'm bound by honor to allow the city itself to adapt, and if it means the city rejects those...elements? Well, we shall see.

qfg20110626133306.png

ferrarij.jpgUgarte, I would like to introduce you to Jethro.

qfg20110626133311.png

qfg2hero.gifHopefully all of it good, and nothing from Khaveen.

ferrarij.jpgUgarte here provides an invaluable service to this community. He obtains things for others which are otherwise unattainable.

ugarte.jpgFor a nominal fee, of course

qfg2hero.gifI know your type, I've seen the movies. What are you pushing Ugarte?

ferrarij.jpgIt seems he has some information for you.

ugarte.jpgA rumor, perhaps, that may influence your actions. I will be happy to share such information for, say, five dinars?

qfg2hero.gifInformation. Such is the wealth of power. Fine, tell me your rumors Ugarte and make them worth the money.

qfg20110626133335.png

qfg20110626133338.png

qfg20110626133339.png

ferrarij.jpgI suspected before that you were a very dangerous man to have around, Jethro. It seems I am correct.

qfg2hero.gif*smiles toothily and cracks fingers* Ferrari, you have no idea.

ferrarij.jpgStill ,it will be very interesting to see how this game plays out. You may stay tonight in the first room past the door on the left.

qfg2hero.gifIndeed Ferrari, we shall see how the game plays out. I rarely lose. Except when attacked by a weapon master. Or Baba Yaga frogs me. Or a healer kisses me. But that's all in my past!

qfg2hero.gifNow, Ugarte, was it? Jethro, here.

qfg20110626133349.png

qfg2hero.gifTell me, have you any other information? It might not be bad to have a hero on your side you know.

ugarte.jpgThis 'Someone' told Khaveen to watch for you. It is interesting to see Khaveen play the lackey around here. Khaveen is not the person in charge in Raseir, although he would like to believe otherwise. About that one, I can say no more. It is said that the whisper of his name will draw his attention. I have no wish for him to notice me.

qfg2hero.gifI bet I have a pretty good idea of who this "someone" is. Powerful, magical, likely the same man who turned a clown into a wierd creature back in the desert. What about this prophecy you mentioned?

ugarte.jpgIt is said that, ah, someone, is waiting for someone to open a door to something. I have had no desire to learn more about it. Things dealing with magic are best left alone.

qfg2hero.gifWise words, Ugarte. Tell me about this Ferrari who seems so wise himself.

ugarte.jpgWe are old friends, are we not, Ferrari?

ferrarij.jpg...

qfg2hero.gifIndeed. And your other...talents?

ugarte.jpgIt would be hard for someone such as myself to make a living in Shapeir, so I have heard. Ther are so few laws to work around. I do what I can to help those poor unfortunates who live around here. Water is my specialty. Since the fountain has dried up, the only place to get water is from the Emir's men. The only plaec other than myself, that is. It is surprising how much water is worth to one who is thirsty.

qfg2hero.gifAnything about the current live in puppet king and the palace itself dear friend? Here, have another coffee.

qfg20110626133454.png

ugarte.jpgThe Palace of Raseir is very lovely and dangerous. All the wealth of Raseir remains there, and all the dungeons as well. It is said that the only way to leave Raseir's dungeons is to die.

qfg2hero.gifWell I don't plan to get tossed there dear Ugarte. Ferrari, Ugarte, I bid you both good night. And I'm going to bolt my door well.

qfg20110626133605.png

qfg20110626133610.png

Obviously.

Woo, first set in about a month!

Syphyre on
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Nice set!

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Oh goody, a new set.

This is a lot slower than randomly coming across this thread and finding 80+ sets already uploaded. :)

That hero pose is brilliant. I'll be very disappointed if they don't keep it up for the entirety of the game series.

So does anything different happen if your stats are low when you drink (Rase)Irish Coffee?

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I forget which stat it is (vitality?) But if it's low, you will answer his questions, but there's no real gameplay change.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Ah well. Pity we don't get to see it, but if there's no gameplay change, it's not really worth bothering to show. It would be a lot of work just to show a few lines of different dialog.

Edit: Completely unrelated, but it's strange that your avatar doesn't blink in threads Syphyre, but it does on your profile.

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png