Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    So, the next set is going to involve
    X-ray glasses pixel nudity
    and I'm not sure how much of this I can even show.
    Meh, just block out the naughty bits. We're on the internet. I'm sure missing some pixel nudity will be fine.

• Options
    MorrandirMorrandir Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    So, the next set is going to involve
    X-ray glasses pixel nudity
    and I'm not sure how much of this I can even show.
    Just follow the rules for NSFW stuff: If in doubt, link it. Clear it with a mod first if you're wanting to be 100% sure, and if all else fails, just put up a giant black image with "CENSORED" on it or something and make with the funny on the writing. I think you can pull off something pretty great with Jim here. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    I have an idea on how to handle it.

I don't want to blow by josh and Syphyre, though.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Meh, go for it. I'll catch up by the end of the game. And I was way ahead of Josh for a while. Just go at your pace.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Time for things to get interesting...

Magic User 25 - What Would You Do With X-Ray Glasses?

Hjzmb.gif

qfg2hero.gifWell, that was a rough night. I fear breakfast.

q2o1start.png

qfg2hero.gifThat's too bad. What else can I do today?

To-Do:
    - Burn the moustache off that damned smug Khaveen's face.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Go to Raseir to meet Ad Avis, ultimate sorceror. He's watching me!
    -- Survive darkness of (likely Iblis') tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Free the people from the Elemental's Master
    -- Restore Emir Arus (evil brother ruling throne, but patsy to unknown leader, 1000 dinar reward)
    - Find tree-loving hippie that could free Julanar with true love
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifTracking down and murdering Khaveen looks like a good start to the day. Arsenal ready?

Mastered (200): q2magicopen.pngq2magictrigger.pngq2magicflame.pngq2magicfetch.pngq2magicdetect.pngq2magicforcebolt.pngq2magiccalm.png
    q2magiczap.png Zap: 185
    q2magicdazzle.png Dazzle: 185
    q2magiclevitate.png Levitate: 125
    q2magicreversal.png Reversal: 125

qfg2hero.gifYep, now off to find some action.

q2o3fountain1.png

qfg2hero.gifLooks like something's going on at the fountain...

q2o3fountain2.png

qfg2hero.gifPlenty of guards to murder avoid here. What's going on?

q2o3fountain3.png

qfg2hero.gifWell that's unfortunate. Khaveen's far too well-guarded now.

q2raseirguard.pngDo not interfere!

qfg2hero.gifNot even a little?

q2ugarte.pngHero, you must help me! Do something!

q2o3fountain7.png

qfg2hero.gifSelf-preservation is what I'm doing here.

q2khaveen.pngThere are no heroes in this town. You of all men should know that, Ugarte.

qfg2hero.gifHey, I'm a hero! The Kattas love me!

q2ugarte.pngI know very little. What is going on? I am innocent of any wrongdoing.

q2khaveen.pngIf you are so innocent, then what is this?

q2o3fountain11.png
    q2o3fountain12.png
    q2o3fountain13.png

qfg2hero.gif*hides waterskins*

q2ugarte.pngI don't know how that water bag could have gotten there. Someone must have planted it on me.

q2khaveen.pngWaterskins under your tunic, Ugarte? You know that smuggling water is a crime against the state. You also know what we do to criminals like you.

q2ugarte.pngNo, no, please. I am innocent! I do not know how it got there. No!

q2o3fountain17.png

qfg2hero.gifLook, I'd love to, but I can't help if I'm dead. Dead heroes do nothing.

q2o3fountain18.png

qfg2hero.gifDon't be surprised if you wake up in the morning with fewer guards, Khaveen. Or fewer organs.

q2o3fountain19.png

qfg2hero.gifIgnoring my threats isn't good for your health!

q2raseirguard.pngI hope you are smart enough to learn this lesson. You do not want to see the dungeons of Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifAfter where I slept last night? I'm pretty sure they're an upgrade.

q2o3fountain21.png

qfg2hero.gifStop ignoring me, fuckers!

Damn it, I'd better head back to the inn to cool off for a while and form a murder adventuring plan.

q2o4alley1.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, a woman! They aren't extinct around here!

q2haremattendant.pngIf you are truly a hero, follow me.

qfg2hero.gifDid you see me being useless back there? I suck at heroing. Get away from me before you hit the dungeons as well.

q2o4alley3.png
    q2o4alley4.png
    q2o4alley5.png

qfg2hero.gifFuuuuuck! That's it! Time to just get over myself and do some real hero work. Mysterious lady in a veil beats mysterious guards in veils any day of the week.

q2o4alley7.png

q2haremattendant.pngQuickly, before the guards come.

qfg2hero.gifDon't have to tell me twice.

q2o5zayishah1.png

qfg2hero.gifSo...how you doin?

q2o5zayishah2.png

qfg2hero.gifSo much for romance, huh? Don't worry, though, I can totally help you with that particular problem.

q2zayishah.pngI must leave the city before I am forced to marry Khaveen. I have heard you are a hero. With your help, I can be out of the city before nightfall.

qfg2hero.gifIf I help you, Khaveen suffers? I'm in. What does that have to do with me being naked, though?

q2zayishah.pngI wish to disguise myself as you and leave with your visa, so please, let me exchange clothes with you.

qfg2hero.gifOhhhh, now I get it. Who are you, anyway?

q2zayishah.pngMy name is Zayishah, daughter of Emir Ali al-Din Hasan.

qfg2hero.gifThe evil twin brother that took over Raseir?

q2zayishah.pngMy father would never overthrow his brother, no matter what foul rumors you have heard. My father is just a pupet for Ad Avis.

qfg2hero.gifWait a second...Ad Avis? THE Ad Avis?

q2o5zayishah8.png

qfg2hero.gifActually, your uncle is fine. I've been riding him for the past few weeks...that came out wrong.

q2zayishah.pngOh, it is so good to know my uncle is still alive. He is such a kind and friendly man.

qfg2hero.gifAnyway, you said Ad Avis is in control of the city now?

q2zayishah.pngThere are only two passions to Ad Avis: complete power and complete control. He will stop at nothing to gain those.

qfg2hero.gifI can respect that, but if that's true, why do you all hate him?

q2zayishah.pngThis was a beautiful place to live a year ago. All of these changes took place because of Ad Avis.

qfg2hero.gifWell, that sucks, I was looking so forward to meeting him, and he's the object of my prophecy.

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Go to Raseir to meet Ad Avis, ultimate sorceror. He's watching me and controls Raseir!
    -- Survive darkness of (likely Iblis') tomb, trials by fire, earth, air, water, and temptation.
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Free the people from the Elemental's Master, Ad Avis
    -- Restore Emir Arus (evil brother Ad Avis ruling throne, but patsy to unknown leader, 1000 dinar reward)
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qfg2hero.gifGreat, now I'll have to choose between money and power. I'll just have to see him for myself and gauge how he is. Anything you can tell me about him that might help in the event we end up in battle?

q2o5zayishah11.png

qfg2hero.gifIt just so happens I've mastered Flame. So that's good news!

So, shall we get down to business, then? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

q2o5zayishah18.png
    q2o5zayishah19.png

qfg2hero.gifSure, now someone picks up on the innuendo. Look, I have a spare set of clothes right here. Before I get them, though, I need to put on these, err, special prescription glasses, so I make sure I give you the right stuff.

q2o5zayishah22.png
    q2o5zayishah24.png
    They obviously improve your looks. Zayishah just giggles at you.

qfg2hero.gifThere, now I can see clearly. Now, you wanted these clothes?

You hand her the spare change of clothes that Shema packed for you.

q2zayishah.pngThank you so very much.
    +5 Give Zayishah spare clothes (370/500)

VoZOq.gif

qfg2hero.gifScore! Yep, the glasses work like a charm. For you folks out there without the necessary glasses, I'm sure you could find a video if you tube, if you catch my drift.

q2zayishah.pngHow do I look? Do you think this will fool anybody? It's so nice not to have to wear a stupid veil.

qfg2hero.gifYou look just like me, which is a little disturbing after that little show clothing change.

q2zayishah.pngPlease, in order to leave the city I need one more thing, although it will be dangerous for you. I must have your visa.

qfg2hero.gifHere, you've earned it, babe. I don't plan on leaving this city again without taking it over, anyway.
    +5 Give visa to Zayishah (375/500)

q2zayishah.pngThank you ever so much. In return for your favors, I can only give you a token.

q2o5zayishah41.png

qfg2hero.gifI can think of several uses for a mirror. None of them magical, though, which is a shame. Hurts the rep.

q2zayishah.pngAgain, my thanks and my fortune favor you. Farewell.

q2haremattendant.pngWait until she clears the alleyway before you leave, Effendi. If you need a place of safety in the Palace sometime, the harem will welcome you for the aid you gave my mistress. I shall tie a veil from the battlements at night to guide you.

qfg2hero.gifFinally, some people around here who like me. Thanks for the confidence boost, ladies.

q2o7sunset1.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, that killed some time. Good time to head back and rest for the night without getting arrested.

q2o8ferrari1.png

qfg2hero.gifOh yeah, devastated...totally the highlight of my day, and I didn't forget that at all.

q2ferrari.pngHowever, it seems he asked someone the wrong questions about you. That was just a performance put on for your benefit this morning. Khaveen has known about Ugarte's water smuggling for a long time. A most dangerous man, Khaveen. Almost as dangerous as you are.

qfg2hero.gifFlattery will get you everywhere. I wonder if Khaveen knows he won't have a bride in the morning. Wish I could see the look on his face when he finds out. Oh well, time for sleep, and tomorrow I formulate a plan to find Ad Avis and see if he's as bad as everyone says he is.

q2o9sleep.png

qfg2hero.gifGood times, rat. I'll kill you in the morning, too.

q2o10morning1.png

qfg2hero.gifUhh...what's going on? I was just going to end the set.

q2ferrari.pngIt has been a pleasure dealing with you, my dear sir.

qfg2hero.gifThat sounded much more like a eulogy than a proposition. What's going on outside, anyway?

q2o11arrest1.png

q2raseirguard.pngYou are under arrest for breaking the law of Raseir on this day, the 29th of the Serpent, Year of the Djinn. Come quietly, or you will be taken by force.

qfg2hero.gifYou mean it's against the law to help Khaveen's fiancee escape the city? I had no idea!

You briefly consider struggling with the guards, but realize there are just too many of them.

qfg2hero.gifDamnit! No I don't! Stop talking for me, narrator!

q2o11arrest4.png

qfg2hero.gifFuck!

Points tally (starting from 365):
    +5 Give spare clothes to Zayishah
    +5 Give visa to Zayishah
    Total: 375 points out of 500

Piotyr on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    el oh el.

Nicely done.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    hah, nice job on the x-ray glasses :D

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Nice job with the xray specs. I did have to look it up on Youtube, simply because I was curious how much they got away with showing on these old games. Considering how big "hot coffee" blew up, I'm amazed that some of these older games didn't make headlines when parents figured out that Timmy was using xray specs to look at pixels in his new game.

"Pixels" is going to be my new favorite substitute word. :P

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It is not only explicit, it is not brief.

EDIT: Also, at this point, if I end up being a paladin anyway, I officially declare it too easy to become a paladin.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    I kind of wonder why they bothered to include that in a game for children. Meh, it's not like we'd tell our parents... :)

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    I could only find an EGA video of that scene, but I was not disappointed.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Rucio wrote:
    I kind of wonder why they bothered to include that in a game for children. Meh, it's not like we'd tell our parents... :)

Well the thing is it's -not- a game for children. None of the sierra adventure games are games for children.
    Edit: With the possible exception of Mixed Up Mother Goose :D

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Syphyre wrote:
    Rucio wrote:

Well the thing is it's -not- a game for children. None of the sierra adventure games are games for children.

I guess you have a good point. King's Quest always had particularly brutal deaths. What's a little pixel nudity if you already have your main character getting mutilated in all sorts of sticky ways?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Rucio wrote:
    Syphyre wrote:
    Rucio wrote:

I guess you have a good point. King's Quest always had particularly brutal deaths. What's a little pixel nudity if you already have your main character getting mutilated in all sorts of sticky ways?

Not to mention all the point and click games were ridiculously difficult back then, with no strat guide, no internet, and a young mind that is still learning how to use a computer. I remember trying to play many of these types of games and never getting very far because of how difficult they could be. Especially back when you had to type in your commands and they needed to be word and spelling perfect.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    Yeah, but then you found the shortcuts the developers put in and it got a lot easier.

I know police quest was vastly helped by just typing "o d" instead of "open door," for example.
    Of course, I was still stuck for a week on what the hell a "PR-24" was, until I made the connection that it was my nightstick.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I never knew "o d" would open a door. I'm honestly shocked that parser command didn't instantly cause your character to die from an overdose.

I just learned how to type really, really fast. Seriously, when I got to my required Typing course in high school the teacher saw the results from my first typing exam (just to see how good we already were) and told me I could play games for the rest of the semester if I graded everyone's assignments. She couldn't believe that adventure games had taught me to type that fast.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Also, I'd like to nominate the Police Quest games for "most unbelievably dumb ways to die" out of any Sierra series. Don't walk around your car before you start driving? You instantly get a flat tire before you get half a block down the road. I have no idea why that caused a Game Over. Seems like any ordinary person would just get out of the car and change the flat. Why does it make such a big difference that you drove 50 feet before you noticed a flat tire?

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Not sure why they included a "Drop" command either, since dropping anything erased it from existence (and usually created a "you can't win" situation if not outright killing you).

"C D" also worked for closing the doors...there were a few others. I mostly learned to type really fast too, but after accidentally discovering these it was hard to not use them :)

Oh, and I loved "give X " to anyone. They could be your best friend or the evidence lockup guy, but they all respond with "Thanks, but now you're NEVER getting it back!" The world of police quest was populated with total dicks.

Hammerlock on
  • Options
    Hurr durr, I got your gun now

GAME OVER

• Options
    This is one reason why the Monkey Island games (and a few other LucasArts games) were liked so much - impossible to make a no-win situation (yeah you COULD in a couple of places but insanely hard to do.)

• Options
    Syphyre wrote:
    This is one reason why the Monkey Island games (and a few other LucasArts games) were liked so much - impossible to make a no-win situation (yeah you COULD in a couple of places but insanely hard to do.)

Also why I liked the QFG series so much. There were only 1-2 unwinnable situations in the whole series you could get yourself into, and even then it was your own damned fault if it happened (really, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is getting past the trap room in QFG1 without the Dispel Potion).

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I think 4 might be unwinnable if you don't help someone...

Also, my first Lucasarts adventure games were The Dig and Full Throtle and I was blown away by the fact you could die!
    Mostly.

(End of FT, plane falls over the edge...
    Ben: "Ouch. Let me try that again.")

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Finally got around to installing 5. Imported my Paladin from IV but took one look at decided I really did not want to play as a Paladin through V. Ugh now I have to re-import my guy from III into IV so I can use the handy class change question on import to make my character a Wizard and play through IV again.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I never knew "o d" would open a door. I'm honestly shocked that parser command didn't instantly cause your character to die from an overdose.

I just learned how to type really, really fast. Seriously, when I got to my required Typing course in high school the teacher saw the results from my first typing exam (just to see how good we already were) and told me I could play games for the rest of the semester if I graded everyone's assignments. She couldn't believe that adventure games had taught me to type that fast.

Same with me. Plus they taught me how to spell.

There was one summer where I think I beat King's Quest 1 every morning for a couple of weeks.

• Options
    I really wish I could go back to the days where beating the average adventure game with no hints only took about a day of trying.

I wish I still had that much time.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wonder how many times I've played through the cave at the start of IV during my life. It has to be in the hundreds.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ohhhh Zork. The memories.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Haha yeah I played Zork I back on our C64 when I was about ... 7 or 8 years old. I remember the text parser being hella intimidating at the time, because I hadn't learned to type and the keys on the keyboard seemed to be arranged at random. Still, I was a good reader and managed to enjoy what little of the game I could uncover.

>Jump
    Wheee!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    I remember buying a boxed collection of Zork games (all up to Nemesis, and Gramd Inquisitor was due out the next year).
    Best part of that collection? It came with MAPS!

Anyway, I wonder if we cod get away with doing a Lesiure Suit Larry LP here?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Should be able to get one more set up tonight before I disconnect for a few days and actually, you know, do things outside for a week.

EDIT: I anticipate another 3-4 sets to complete the game, so it's nearing the end game.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Magic User 26 - Best Friends Forever

qfg2hero.gifSo, where were we?

q2p1start.png

qfg2hero.gifUgh. Right.

After being dragged to the dungeon of the palace, you were roughly searched, beaten, and questioned by the guards. They warned you that Khaveen will be coming soon to personally question you...

...and that you won't enjoy it.

qfg2hero.gifAt least we have something to add to the to-do list...

To-Do:
    - Escape prison before becoming Khaveen's bitch.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.
    -- Free the people from Ad Avis, the Elemental's Master
    -- Restore Emir Arus (Ad Avis ruling, 1000 dinar reward)

qfg2hero.gifSo, you over there...you're the first Katta I've seen in Raseir. You get lost?

q2p2jail3.png

qfg2hero.gifWait a second...Shema mentioned someone that stayed in Raseir...Sharaf, was it?

q2p2jail3.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, I'm totally a hero of the Katta! They love me in Shapeir! Hell, Shema loved me before Shapeir! I defeated and captured four elementals in Shapeir to save the city!

...you need proof? But all my equipment is back there behind the bars. Except this sapphire pin. I wonder why they didn't take that.

q2p2jail5.png
    +7 Show sapphire pin to Sharaf (382/500)

qfg2hero.gifSee? Totally a hero of the Katta. Thank you, rich snob jewelry sales cat!

q2sharaf.pngWell, Katta-friend, let us escape this dangerous place.

qfg2hero.gifWhat's the plan? I burn a four-lane highway through the guards?

q2p2jail13.png

qfg2hero.gifSo we just have to get out of this cell? Easy peasy. Open says me.

q2p2jail16.png
    q2p2jail18.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat, no 'Hey! Magical Opening spell! Neat! Thanks!'? Ingrate.

q2p2jail19.png
    q2p2jail20.png

q2sharaf.pngYes, it is here. Lend your strong shoulder to the task.

qfg2hero.gifHello? Magical Opening spell? Fine, we'll let you feel useful.

q2p2jail22.png

q2sharaf.pngDo not fear, I will lead you to safety through the passageways, Katta-friend.

qfg2hero.gifHero of the Katta has a better ring to it, actually.

q2p2jail25.png

qfg2hero.gifPerhaps I will. Perhaps I was already going to do that. Perhaps I'll also murder a few guards before escaping, because my kill quota is down for the week right now.

q2sharaf.pngBut do not dally too long, or the guards will surely come.

qfg2hero.gifBring them on, it beats all this sneaking around. Hello, guard? Prisoner wants a word with you! Open the door!

q2p2jail30.png
    q2p2jail31.png

qfg2hero.gifLet's burn.

q2p2jail33.png

qfg2hero.gifDamn it, I said guard, singular. Never mind, then, let's just escape quietly.

q2p2jail35.png

The Katta leads you through dark passages under the Palace to a secret exit into the Raseir streets.

To-Do:
    - Escape prison before becoming Khaveen's bitch.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

q2p3streets1.png
    +7 Escape from the dungeon (389/500)

q2p3streets2.png

qfg2hero.gifYes and no. I'm here to meet Ad Avis and/or collect a huge reward for restoring the Emir. Depends on how he is when I meet him. But there's a decent chance that saving the city is involved.

q2sharaf.pngI am impressed by your sense of honor, yet despite your previous heroics I think you will need assistance in taking down the entire Raseirian regime.

qfg2hero.gifThat marks the first time someone's been impressed by my honor. I could totally bring down the whole regime though if I could learn Ad Avis's power. Or could pick off guards one by one. If only they lined up single-file for me!

q2sharaf.pngI believe you should lay low for now, friend of the Katta. If you are captured again, they will surely kill you on sight. Tomorrow night, the Underground will launch an attack on the Palace in an attempt to overthrow the Emir.

qfg2hero.gifLay low? What am I supposed to do, hide in a barrel? I don't roll that way.

q2sharaf.pngIf you can manage to stay out of Khaveen's hands for one more day, you would be a very valuable ally to us.

qfg2hero.gifNo respect for the magical prowess, then? I mean, I just saved your ass with magic. If anything, you might be a worthy distraction for me to pick off guards one by one. Just you being here weighs me down.

q2sharaf.pngYou are right. Our chances of avoiding capture will be greater if we split up. Do not return to the Blue Parrot. Those scoundrels will not hesitate to turn you in once they hear Khaveen is looking for you.

qfg2hero.gifSo don't get Khaveen, don't find guards, don't leave town, and don't go to the only place in town. This plan sucks.

q2p3streets10.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, I waited for at least 20 seconds, I'm sure Sharaf is in the clear. Think I'll roam the streets trying to find singular guards to pick off with Flame Darts and Force Bolts. What's the worst that could happen?

q2p4freeze1.png

qfg2hero.gifHuh. That's odd. I can no longer move.

q2p4freeze2.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, you look a little familiar...

q2p5adavis1.png
    The man before you has a low, pleasant voice and eyes like a snake.

qfg2hero.gifWait just a damned minute, aren't you...

q2p5adavis3.png

q2adavis.pngRemember your friend, Ad Avis. Remember my voice. Remember my face. Trust me, I am your friend.

qfg2hero.gifBut...we've never met before...and you consider me your friend?

You cannot even close your eyes, but you try to avoid his gaze. There is something about his eyes, though...

q2adavis.pngI am your friend, and you trust me. Trust in my words. Trust in my eyes. Look in my eyes, and trust me.

qfg2hero.gifYour eyes are so...enchanting...what was I supposed to be doing again?

To-Do:
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

qfg2hero.gifWait...I have a couple questions for you...friend...did you send elementals to kill me?

You look at his eyes, and cannot look away. They seem to glow. His words seem to whirl around your head.

q2adavis.pngJim Darkmagic, I am your friend. Obey now your friend, Ad Avis. Obey now my words. Obey now my voice. Trust in your friend, and obey me.

You find yourself relaxing. You are with a friend. His eyes are gentle, and his smile warms you.

herofanboyw.pngI love the leader!

q2p5adavis18.png

herofanboyw.pngOh yes. It was your glorious visage that inspired me to become a wizard in the first place.

q2adavis.pngTogether we seek to aid our friend, Emir Arus. I was his trusted vizier, remember?

herofanboyw.pngYes, we must save him from being a saurus. Any friend of the Emirsaurus is a friend of Jim Darkmagic.

To-Do:
    - Whatever our good friend Ad Avis wants to do.
    - Be a Hero Raseir style
    -- Stop the last light.

You find yourself nodding at this humble, gentle man.

q2adavis.pngTo end the evil reign of Khaveen and restore our friend the Emir Arus, together we must go out into the desert.

herofanboyw.pngOf course, the desert! What a wise and practical decision, my friend. I will burn Khaveen's moustache off in your name, my lord.

To-Do:
    - Whatever our good friend Ad Avis wants to do.
    -- Restore Emir Arus (Ad Avis Khaveen ruling, 1000 dinar reward)

q2p5adavis22.png

q2adavis.pngWe NEED to get the Status of Iblis!

herofanboyw.pngThe Status of Iblis! Of course, master. We must get the Statue, as Aziza said long ago.

Yes, you know this is something you've got to do, but you frown as you try to remember something you once heard about Iblis.

q2p5adavis25.png

herofanboyw.pngOh yes! That was what I was told of Iblis. We must use it to save the world!

q2adavis.pngWe need to take the status to Arus, our friend. Together, let us save the city of Raseir!

herofanboyw.pngIt is an honor to be involved, my friend! We're the only ones who can do it!

q2p5adavis27.png

Together you will save the Emir. You and Ad Avis will get the Status of Iblis.

q2p6forbidden1.png

q2adavis.pngYou there, try walking through the door now!

q2p6forbidden5.png

herofanboyw.pngThe door resists me, master! It will not let me through! We must punish it!

q2p6forbidden6.png

herofanboyw.pngMy presence displeases you, master?

q2adavis.pngWhat is wrong? How does it go?

q2p6forbidden9.png

herofanboyw.pngI've done something wrong?

q2adavis.png"Beneath the tombstone of the city that he once did found."

This is the Forbidden City, there is no doubt of that.

herofanboyw.pngYes, master, you must be right!

q2adavis.png"Then comes a hero from the northland, led unto despair..."

You are the only hero that I have found recently; it must be you! And I have no doubt you will despair before I am through with you.

herofanboyw.pngI despair merely at your disappointment, master!

q2adavis.png"Passing through the door unopened, that he will find there."

The door! Accursed door. Why can you not pass through it?

herofanboyw.pngMy mortal form is weak! I will continue banging my head on the door until forgiven, master!

q2adavis.png"When the moonlight shines between the Dragon's jaws...And is caught and held there by the Scorpion's claws."

The moon! It is not due to rise between the two constellations until tomorrow! How can I be wrong?

q2p6forbidden15.png

herofanboyw.pngMaster, might I give a suggestion?

q2adavis.pngBut how can the moon be where it cannot be? You! You're the hero. Answer me how the moon can be between the Dragon and the Scorpion?

herofanboyw.pngWhat does this all mean, master?

q2adavis.pngQuestions! Do you have nothing better to do than waste my time? Let me think, and I'd advise you to do the same!

herofanboyw.pngI just wish to know the reason for all this, master.

q2adavis.pngI grow impatient with your nonsense. Either find a way to make the moon obey you, or you will face my wrath!

herofanboyw.pngHow have I angered you, master?

q2adavis.pngYou would try the patience of a dervish! Do something!

herofanboyw.pngMaster, I just want your love and attention!

q2adavis.pngSo be it!

herofanboyw.pngMaster? Am I in trouble now?

q2adavis.png"By the powers of all Darkness By the power of my name
    Shall your soul be mirrored outward, and your body be the same!"

q2p6forbidden25.png
    q2p6forbidden26.png
    q2p6forbidden27.png

herofanboyw.pngI'm so sorry, master! I will do better!

q2p6forbidden28.png

herofanboyw.pngI have a magical Open spell!

The door is sealed by magic stronger than any you may ever command.

herofanboyw.pngOoh! Master! I have a mirror that I can use to redirect the moonlight onto the door!

You whip the mirror out of your pocket and carefully direct the reflected moonlight between the constellations.

q2p6forbidden31.png
    q2p6forbidden34.png
    +5 Use mirror on door to Forbidden City (394/500)

q2p6forbidden35.png

q2adavis.pngNow you know all you need to know. Go in there and bring me the Status of Iblis!

herofanboyw.pngOf course, master! I can hardly wait!

To-Do:
    - Get Status of Iblis for our good friend and master, Ad Avis!
    -- Restore Emir Arus (Ad Avis Khaveen ruling, 1000 dinar reward)

q2p7inside1.png

herofanboyw.pngIt's a little dark in here, master.

Master?

For a few moments, your mind is overwhelmed by the squalling, whirling wind.

Then the euphoric feeling starts to fade and you stand alone in the darkness.

qfg2hero.gifOh...Fuck!

Points tally (starting from 375):
    +7 Show sapphire pin to Sharaf
    +7 Escape from Raseir Dungeon
    +5 Use mirror on door to Forbidden City
    Total: 394 points out of 500

I'm off the grid now for a few days. Enjoy!

• Options
    Nice cliffhanger to end it on.
    And I love Jim's expression when he's with his good friend! 8->

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    OMG I just noticed that.
    Piotyr wrote:
    herofanboyw.png My mortal form is weak! I will continue banging my head on the door until forgiven, master!
    That's effing hilarious!

• Options
    I laughed hard at this when I was playing through that part, bother Ad Avis enough (ask him enough questions) and he turns you into a Saurus. So hilarious

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    That may have been my favorite set yet. :D

• Options
    By the way guys, Ye Olde Style has been updated, so make sure you have the current-est version. It really is necessary for viewing this LP.

• Options
    Quiet around here. Too quiet.

• Options
    you know what to do...

• Options
    I'd rather they take breaks and not get burnt out, than totally abandon this thing. It's entertaining. And I'd like to see what happens. :)

• Options
    No rush implied, just saying hey, still alive here. :)