As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote:
    Edit: Completely unrelated, but it's strange that your avatar doesn't blink in threads Syphyre, but it does on your profile.
    You're telling me. I haven't figured out why yet.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    It's vitality that affects your response to the drink. Either drink is drugged. You can actually order the drink and refuse to drink it (that's what Jim did) to avoid even having to make the "save".

The issue with showing the effects of being drugged is that the vitality needs to be pretty low to fail, and there's really no good chance to grind up stats after that (aside from the one spot in my last set). For someone saving the character over to the next game, the extra couple lines just isn't worth the payoff, IMO. :)

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote:
    Shimshai wrote:
    Edit: Completely unrelated, but it's strange that your avatar doesn't blink in threads Syphyre, but it does on your profile.
    The new forums resize avatars and break animations if they aren't the right size. So basically make it 80x80 and reupload.

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Nice set!

• Options
    DeShadowC wrote:
    Syphyre wrote:
    Shimshai wrote:
    The new forums resize avatars and break animations if they aren't the right size. So basically make it 80x80 and reupload.

Noted! Thanks for the tip.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Set 34 - Blackbird Stealing in the Dead of Night
    qfg12072011182448.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, he is the only person in this city who hasn't drugged me or outright threatened to imprison me for the rest of my life. If I had a tender spot in my heart, he'd likely be somewhere in it.

ferrarij.jpgHowever, it seems he asked someone the wrong questions about you. That was just a performance put on for your benefit this morning. Khaveen has known about Ugarte's water smuggling for a long time. A most dangerous man, Khaveen. Almost as dangerous as you are.

qfg2hero.gifFinally, some respect from Ducati... Lamborghini... I think I remember something about that name.

qfg12072011182513.png

ferrarij.jpgAh, when I first saw you, I said to myself, there is a man who knows how to play the game. I appreciate that in a man.

qfg2hero.gifDammit, well now I've lost the game.

And now you have too! (sorry, I'm so sorry)

ferrarij.jpgKnow this, though. I am the Thieves' Guild here. Do not even think of using your skills around here without consulting me first.

qfg2hero.gifIf I chose to use my skills around here without consulting you, you would never know it.

ferrarij.jpgIf you wish to discuss something to our mutual advantage, come sit down.

qfg12072011182526.png

ferrarij.jpgThey tend to call attention to themselves, and this gives the profession a bad name. If you are as skilled as I have heard, then I might have use for you.

qfg2hero.gifAnd if you're as full of hot air as I have heard, balloon salesmen might have use for you.

ferrarij.jpgHowever, first you must prove yourself. Are you willing to do for me a small favor?

qfg2hero.gifI don't do those kinds of things, Maserati. Oh, you mean stealing. Okay.

ferrarij.jpgI wish you to bring me a small ornament to prove your skills. This ornament is the black figure of a bird, a falcon.

qfg2hero.gifI've seen one of those before. It was worthless. You sure you want me to steal that? I coullllld... steal Khaveen's codpiece for you.

ferrarij.jpgI am an admirer of birds, you see. The place is the window on your left as you first enter the Fountain Plaza from here. The bird is kept in a locked cabinet in that room. If you return this to me, I will make you my right-hand man. Wilmer there just does not have what it takes to give me what I want.

qfg2hero.gifWhoa, TMI there, Scaglietti.

ferrarij.jpgTo get past the guards outside, you have only to make the 'sign.' Those guards are well-paid to ignore my friends. However, any other guard you meet will not be so discreet. If you are caught, I will know nothing of your actions, of course.

qfg2hero.gifThen I will do my best to be antisocial this evening.

ferrarij.jpgNow seems like an excellent time for such a venture. Good luck, sir, and I do hope you are as skilled as I suspect.

qfg2hero.gifSee you in 15 minutes, Vignale.

qfg12072011182638.png

qfg2hero.gifTime to put all that hunchback practice to good use.

qfg12072011182641.png

qfg2hero.gifIf only that trick worked every time. Next stop, fountain plaza.

qfg12072011182753.png

qfg2hero.gifUh oh. Time to book it.

qfg12072011182756.png

qfg2hero.gifWhew. Close one. I'll just hang out here for a while and then head back when the coast looks clear.

qfg12072011182810.png

qfg2hero.gifOoooh.... oh.

qfg12072011182811.png

qfg12072011182927.png

qfg2hero.gifNobody here this time... time for a little climb.

qfg12072011182929.png

qfg2hero.gifLooks like a guard out in the hallway. I'm going to have to leave the way I came.

qfg12072011182954.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, nobody important I'm sure. Where's that drat cabinet?

qfg12072011183006.png

This room's thin carpet does little to muffle the noise made by the loose floor boards beneath it. The sleeper appears to be stirring. Perhaps you should not move until after he has gone back to sleep.

qfg2hero.gifMan, screw that. I move around when I want.

He wakes up.

qfg12072011183051.png

qfg2hero.gifOh shi

qfg12072011183053.png

qfg2hero.gifHey, that's Khaveen in there! I could fart in his face, but here, I'll just throw a dagger in it instead.

qfg12072011183104.png

qfg2hero.gifBetter play it safe, as usual.

qfg12072011183123.png

qfg2hero.gifShocking.

qfg12072011183139.png

qfg12072011183145.png

qfg12072011183152.png

Unfortunately, there's nothing else to steal here, and taking any further action just gets you killed. It will be a long time before we get another heist! Also, picking up the bird put us over the weight limit. I dropped some useless things we were hauling around (like a basket).

qfg12072011183250.png

qfg2hero.gifNow, to get back without being seen...

qfg12072011183309.png

ferrarij.jpgJust tell me if you have the bird! Perhaps you did not hear me. I asked if you have the bird.

qfg2hero.gifHey there Captain Desperation. Just a little trinket, eh? Why do I doubt that?

You give Signor Ferrari the bird. A puzzled look crosses his face, and suddenly you realize that he was referring to the Black Falcon.

qfg12072011183325.png

ferrarij.jpgThe sole reason I came to this desert-driven country. For seventeen years, I have sought the black bird.

qfg2hero.gifIt isn't as if there are a lot of places to look around here, if you hadn't noticed.

ferrarij.jpgI alone knew that this bird was worth a sultan's ransom. Let me look, let me see.

qfg12072011183332.png

qfg12072011183333.png

ferrarij.jpgIt seems that the joke is upon me. This is not the real Black Falcon. There were four of these made. Only one had any value. It seems to me that I must continue my search. If you are interested, I would not be adverse to having such a resourceful and skilled person such as yourself at my side. If you could but learn to curb those unfortunate heroic tendencies, you would make an excellent partner.

qfg2hero.gifYeah, no thanks. I like to get paid for my work, and Dinarzad is way cuter.

ferrarij.jpgLeave me, now. I have a good deal of planning to do.

qfg2hero.gifLike, which thrift store you're going to bring it to for a tiny tax writeoff, or what?

qfg12072011183359.png

qfg2hero.gifsiiiiiigh

qfg12072011183403.png

qfg2hero.gifWhat? ...Is my fly down?

qfg12072011183404.png

qfg2hero.gifAm I going somewhere fun?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Yay, best part of Raseir. :)

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I did this one at work. Just uploaded my shots last night. I don't know whether I should feel productive for getting a decent-sized set out or lazy for doing it when I really should have been calculating gas velocities.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    It's productivity...just a different sort of productivity.

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    Is there any good way to increase Luck in QFG2 VGA? I've nearly maxed out my other attributes on my own replay (sparring matches rule for that)

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Hammerlock wrote:
    Is there any good way to increase Luck in QFG2 VGA? I've nearly maxed out my other attributes on my own replay (sparring matches rule for that)

What class are you? Luck increases when you successfully get a critical hit, when you do the backflip dodge in combat, when you do that counterattack with the dagger and jump forward with the stab... picking your nose also increases luck.

Short of that, it really is the hardest skill to raise since there's no way to have a direct impact on it. The best thing to do is
    get it to at least 150, and then wish for Luck when you get the ring later

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I thought picking your nose killed you...?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Wizard-thief, my favorite class. :)

Guess I'll just do a bunch more sparring and focus on the lucky moves/nosepicks. I think it's around 135 at the moment, so I'm not too far off from that range.

Edit: ^^it only does if your lockpick skill is too low.

Hammerlock on
  • Options
    Nosepicking is the easiest way to do it if you are a Thief. A few days of diggin' for gold and you'll be one lucky sumbitch.

• Options
    Oh! Successfully dodging or parrying also occasionally increases luck, I believe.

• Options
    Huh. I guess I always tried it at the beginning of the game, thought it was a funny joke and then never tried later in the game when my skill was higher.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Dinarzad has some good commentary if you do it in front of her.

...that sounded dirtier than I intended. :P

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 25 - Time to Go.
    qfg20110626133617.png

qfg2hero.gifWell that night of sleep, for lack of a better term...sucked. But I've had worse.

qfg20110626133620.png

qfg2hero.gifFine by me. I'm off to go find some of the resistance in this city. Shema seemed adamant that it existed.

And yet...

qfg20110626133706.png

qfg2hero.gifI WILL find my way around these guys eventually, just need to figure out their pattern.

qfg20110626133723.png

Ahead of you lies the now-lifeless Plaza of the Fountain. The plaza itself seems to be far from lifeless at the moment though.

qfg2hero.gifHuh, interesting. I wonder what gathering is going on out there. That looks like Ugarte over there.

qfg20110626133731.png

qfg20110626133738.png

qfg2hero.gifWell I'll be, it is Ugarte, looks like he's in trouble though. *sighs* He did give me some info last night, let me go help him if I can.

qfg20110626133739.png

qfg2hero.gifOk, having your swords jabbing my ribs is starting to get old.

qfg20110626133744.png

The swords of the guards press deeper into your skin.

qfg2hero.gifI walked in here blind, sorry Ugarte...

khaveen.jpgThere are no heroes in this town. You of all men should know that, Ugarte.

qfg2hero.gifBy the honor of Rakeesh's sword, I am going to kill you someday Khaveen.

ugarte.jpgI know very little. What is going on? I am innocent of any wrongdoing.

qfg20110626133754.png

ugarte.jpgI don't know how that water bag could have gotten there. Someone must have planted it on me.

khaveen.jpgWaterskins under your tunic, Ugarte? You know that smuggling water is a crime against the state. You also know what we do to criminals like you.

ugarte.jpgNo, no, please. I am innocent! I do not know how it got there. No!

qfg20110626133802.png

qfg2hero.gif*fists balled up* I...can't. Yet.

qfg20110626133804.png

khaveen.jpgThis is the fate of anyone who breaks the rules of the city. Remember this, and see that you do not suffer the same fate.

qfg20110626133807.png

qfg2hero.gifI think this city has had enough of your rules. You and your master. I won't forget this Khaveen. Once I contact the resistance, your days are numbered.

qfg20110626133826.png

qfg2hero.gif*sighs* I just wish I knew where to start.

Wandering down the alleys between the plaza's looking for clues...a clue comes looking for our hero.

qfg20110626133850.png

qfg2hero.gifThis could be a trap. But this is the first woman I've seen since I've come to Raseir, I bet she's putting herself in trouble putting her head out like this.

qfg20110626133857.png

qfg20110626133901.png

qfg20110626133902.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm coming, I'm coming, I don't want my ribs to be poked anymore either.

qfg20110626133906.png

qfg2hero.gif*blinks* Ok, I wasn't expecting to see THIS. or YOU. In all your veiled glory.

qfg20110626133921.png

zayishah.pngPlease, you must help me. Take off your clothes.

qfg2hero.gifOk now I KNOW this is a trap. Look lady, you're beautiful and doubtless smell very nice, but I've had enough of Raseir hospitality. Why do you want my clothes?

zayishah.pngI must leave the city before I am forced to marry Khaveen. I have heard you are a hero. With your help, I can be out of the city before nightfall. I wish to disguise myself as you and leave with your visa, so please, let me exchange clothes with you.

qfg2hero.gifSuddenly my empathy for your situation has skyrocketed, but...who ARE you?

qfg20110626133939.png

qfg2hero.gifMy trust is lowering again. You've just told me you're the daughter of the new Emir here.

zayishah.pngMy father would never overthrow his brother, no matter what foul rumors you have heard. My father is just a puppet for Ad Avis.

qfg2hero.gifNot at ALL surprised to hear that name.

zayishah.pngI fear and hate him more than Khaveen. It is he who destroyed my uncle Arus, and made Raseir the terrible place it now is. Ad Avis was my uncle's vizier

The Vizier did it. DRINK.

zayishah.pngThere are only two passions to Ad Avis: complete power and complete control. He will stop at nothing to gain those.

qfg2hero.gifI believe it. But why not marry Khaveen? It would keep you safe under his thumb at least.

qfg20110626133954.png

qfg2hero.gifNoted. Alright, I believe you. Can you tell me anything more about Ad Avis, quickly.

zayishah.pngI do not know the truth of this rumor, but I have heard that Ad Avis is very much afraid of fire.

qfg2hero.gifNot much, but I bet that will help in the future. Why are you here? Where are all the rest of the women?

zayishah.pngThe Palace is filled with guards, and all the women must stay in the Harem. All the women must stay there now, hiding their faces behind veils. Did you know it is forbidden for a man to speak to a woman unless she is his mother, daughter, or wife? It is all Ad Avis' doing. He must really hate women.

Foreshadowing!

qfg2hero.gifOne last question though, you may be able to get out of the city, but how are you going to survive in the desert?

zayishah.pngI know how to survive in the desert; it is my home. Before Ad Avis took over the city, I roamed it freely at will. The caravan is but a day's ride ahead of me. I will catch it easily. The Varavan master is my friend. He taught me how to ride when I was little. I will travel with the caravan back to Shapeir. I know the Sultan Harun al Rashid. He will let me stay at his Palace.

qfg2hero.gifZayishah, you have got some guts. Tell the Sultan what's happening here as well. Let Rakeesh know too. Also just so you know, your uncle is still alive, he's just...changed a little.

zayishah.pngOh it is so good to know my uncle is still alive. He is such a kind and friendly man.

qfg2hero.gif*thinks back to one too many Saurus licks* Apparently so.

qfg20110626134120.png

qfg2hero.gifTake it with my blessings.

qfg20110626134122.png

qfg20110626134124.png

qfg20110626134127.png

qfg2hero.gifYep, she's a woman alright. Not that I'm peeking. Maybe a little.

qfg20110626134135.png

qfg20110626134138.png

qfg2hero.gifHeeeyyy...where'd you get the wig from?

qfg20110626134141.png

zayishah.pngPlease, in order to leave the city I need one more thing, although it will be dangerous for you. I must have your visa.

zayishah.pngThank you ever so much. In return for your favors, I can only give you a token. Here is my mirror. You have but to show it to any woman in the Palace,and she will aid you. Again, my thanks, and may fortune favor you. Farewell.

qfg2hero.gifYou're welcome. I'm glad I could at least save one unfortunate soul.

qfg20110626134208.png

qfg2hero.gifNoted. While we're waiting, what can you tell me about Ad Avis.

qfg20110626134053.png

qfg2hero.gifI do NOT like this magician. How can you hate all of the fairer sex?! I'm off. Wish me luck.

qfg20110626134240.png

qfg20110626134255.png

qfg2hero.gifWhoa, spent half the day in there. Weird. Well, time to head back and talk to Ferrari. I've a sneaking suspicion about a few things.

qfg20110626134315.png

qfg2hero.gifI'm sure you are mourning him. I doubt you care about anyone or anything.

ferrarij.jpgHowever, it seems he asked someone the wrong questions about you. That was just a performance put on for your benefit this morning. Khaveen has known about Ugarte's water smuggling for a long time. A most dangerous man, Khaveen. Almost as dangerous as you are.

qfg2hero.gifHe's a weasel, but an honest one, and I doubt he deserves the dungeons. Now you, Ferrari? *shakes his head*

qfg20110626134336.png

qfg2hero.gifMm Hmmm.

qfg20110626134330.png

qfg2hero.gifGood night to you then. Tomorrow, it's go time.

The Next Day

qfg20110626134432.png

ferrarij.jpgIt has been a pleasure dealing with you my dear sir.

qfg2hero.gifAnd what's that supposed to mean?

qfg20110626134445.png

qfg2hero.gifI've seen the movies I said, and I did. Windows boarded up, only way out is the door. Lets do this.

qfg20110626134459.png

qfg20110626134503.png

qfg20110626134504.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, I said I wanted to get into the Palace. Lets go.

qfg20110626134506.png

qfg20110626134507.png

qfg2hero.gif*looks around* Like I said. It's go time.

Smaller set, but it's another one. Woo!

Syphyre on
  • Options
    I like the vizier drinking game. Seriously, is there a story where the vizier isn't the bad guy?

• Options
    I believe the mere use of the word vizier implies evil and treachery.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Well, there was that one episode of Duck Dodgers where the Space Cadet turned out to be a ruler of a land on some far off planet and Dodgers decided he would be his grand brazier....

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Indeed, brassieres are evil and must be opposed!

• Options
    I was having a really hard time getting good shots of the spell action in the finale...so I kinda went nuts with auto-capture, and apologize in advance for the 10 animated gifs in the finale set. :)

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm drinking next time I play King's Quest 6.

• Options
    Interesting. I think the nosepick luck thing is only for lower skill levels--I just blew through a few stamina pills worth of nosecandy and didn't get a single increase in luck (luck @136, lockpick skill at 160+)
    That said, I just did 6-7 sessions with Uhura, concentrating mostly on dodging backwards to trigger the counterattack and raised it almost 40 points.

• Options
    Hm. I picked my nose with a full lockpicking skill and my luck around where you were and I maxed it out in a day. Odd...

But at least the counterattack thing worked for you.

• Options
    Might be class related. Like I said, I'm running a wizard with thief skills...since you're a thief with magic it may be behaving differently?

Looking forward to the end of QFG2 for all 3 replays! :)

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 26 - Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-tip.
    qfg20110626134509.png

After being dragged to the dungeon of the palace, you were roughly searched, beaten, and questioned by the guards. They warned you that Khaveen will be coming soon to personally question you...

...and that you won't enjoy it.

qfg2hero.gifUgh they really didn't have to beat the crap out of me like that. Good thing I heal fast, being a hero has its perks. Now lets see our situation.

qfg20110626134515.png

qfg2hero.gifYep it's a dungeon. And they left all my stuff on the table over there, shame my arms aren't 10 feet long. And a Katta. Hey, who are you?

The Katta looks at you without speaking.

qfg2hero.gifWaaait, I think I recognize you. You look like the description of what Shema told me about her cousin Sharaf.

(Please suspend your disbelief that our hero can tell one Katta from another, heck he can't even tell the males and females apart half the time.)

qfg20110626134539.png

qfg2hero.gifI can understand the believing it's a trap part. Hey, all of my equipment is over on the table over there, and I didn't really bring any identifying items anyways. The guards forgot to grab this pin that one of the Katta merchants gave me though.

qfg20110626134600.png

qfg2hero.gifYou could say that.

sharaf.jpgWell, Katta-friend, let us escape this very dangerous place.

qfg2hero.gifSounds good. I see a gate over there. Give me a couple of minutes to rest up and I think I can bust it open.

sharaf.jpgIt is rumored that Khaveen is but a tool for someone more cruel and powerful. Someone who uses magic to rule Raseir.

qfg2hero.gifI know who at this point, and we'll get to planning for the coup after we get out. I didn't know Katta used magic, but you implied that my pin is.

sharaf.jpgThe magic of the Katta is subtle -- an oil lamp that never burns out, a door that always opens to your touch, a pin that can only be seen by friends.

qfg2hero.gifWise, not all magic in the world is that of explosions and elementals. Alright after I break open the door, we're going to have a lot of guards in on us.

sharaf.jpgThere is a concealed passageway somewhere outside this cell. I have helped others escape by passageways before, but this is the first I have been trapped in a cell. I am not easily captured. I was captured when a former member of the Underground betrayed us, and the guards found where I stayed.

qfg2hero.gifAh the resistance. How can they help with the overthrow? How big is it?

sharaf.jpgThe resistance consists of many of the guards and townsfolk who rebel against the tyranny of the new Emir.

qfg2hero.gifGuards too? Excellent. Lets get out of here and get this coup started.

qfg20110626134719.png

qfg20110626134721.png

qfg20110626134723.png

qfg2hero.gifAHHhhh, feels about as good as it did back in Spielburg at the brigand's fortress.

qfg20110626134730.png

qfg20110626134731.png

sharaf.jpgYes, it is here. Lend your strong shoulder to the task.

qfg20110626134733.png

qfg20110626134734.png

sharaf.jpgDo not fear. I will lead you to safety through the passageways, Katta-friend.

qfg2hero.gifDid you just imply that I'm af...oh you don't want me to get lost. Fair enough! I'll be right after you, first things first.

qfg20110626134748.png

The Katta leads you through dark passages under the Palace to a secret exit into the Raseir streets.

qfg20110626134757.png

qfg2hero.gifThat I am, and that's the plan.

sharaf.jpgI am impressed by your sense of honor, yet despite your previous heroics I think you will need assistance in taking down the entire Raseirian regime.

qfg2hero.gifI figured that out a couple of days ago, and I've actually been looking for you people to help me out.

sharaf.jpgI believe you should lay low for now, friend of the Katta. If you are captured again, they will surely kill you on sight. Tomorrow night, the Underground will launch an attack on the Palace in an attempt to overthrow the Emir. If you can manage to stay out of Khaveen's hands for one more day, you would be a very valuable ally to us.

qfg2hero.gifYou almost make it sound like I can't take care of myself, but I'll let that slide. For now, lets go our separate ways. I have some...business to take care of in the meantime.

qfg20110626134830.png

sharaf.jpgDo not return to the Blue Parrot. Those scoundrels will not hesitate to turn you in once they hear Khaveen is looking for you.

qfg2hero.gif*cracks knuckles* As I said, business.

sharaf.jpgAvoid the guards at all costs, as they will soon know of our escape. May we both fare well, Hero-Friend.

qfg20110626134833.png

qfg2hero.gifI appreciate you getting me out of there Sharaf, but boy it sure feels like you are a little lecturer, though if the rest of the underground will listen to you, all the better. Now, where am I?

qfg20110626134845.png

qfg2hero.gifCute. Lets try the map.

qfg20110626134847.png

qfg2hero.gifWell, I think I can get out of here without too much trouble.

qfg20110626134947.png

qfg2hero.gifAh great, another sneak, maybe he can help me out...Hey, what's with the force field!

qfg20110626134950.png

qfg2hero.gifSonava...Ad Avis I presume? As soon as I break these magical bindings.

You find you cannot move. The man before you has a low, pleasant voice, and eyes like a snake.

qfg20110626134957.png

qfg2hero.gifBull. I think I can almost move my sword arm...

adavis.jpgRemember your friend, Ad Avis. Remember my voice. Remember my face. Trust me, I am your friend.

You try to struggle, but your body will not obey. You cannot even close your eyes, but you try to avoid his gaze. There is something about his eyes, though.

herosbrain.jpgYou cannot impinge my honor Ad Avis, you are NOT my friend, and I am about ready to slice you through, I got my sword arm free, HAH!

qfg2hero.gif...

herosbrain.jpgWhat the...

qfg20110626135005.png

adavis.jpgI am your friend, and you trust me. Trust in my words. Trust in my eyes. Look in my eyes, and trust me.

You look at his eyes, and cannot look away. They seem to glow. His words seem to whirl around your head.

herosbrain.jpgHey, listen, I'm not falling for that old trick, I...

qfg2hero.gif*nods head slowly*

herosbrain.jpgDammit, I failed my will save didn't I.

adavis.jpgJethro, I am your friend. Obey now your friend, Ad Avis. Obey now my words, Obey now my voice. Trust in your friend, and obey me.

qfg20110626135015.png

qfg2hero.gifYes, you are my friend, you've always been such a nice guy.

herosbrain.jpgWHAT? By the desert treelady, don't listen to what he says, ignore him, ignore him! AARRRGHH.

adavis.jpgJethro, you know me. I am your friend, Ad Avis, who helped you escape from the dungeons of Raseir. Together we seek to aid our friend, Emir Arus. I was his trusted vizier, remember?

qfg2hero.gifYes, that sounds good, but why do I want a shot of tequila all of a sudden?

herosbrain.jpgThis is going to be a looooong night...

You find yourself nodding at this humble, gentle man.

adavis.jpgTo end the evil reign of Khaveen, and restore our friend the Emir Arus, together we must go out into the desert.

qfg2hero.gifOf course, that sounds like a great plan!

herosbrain.jpgOf course. Sacrificed in some unholy ritual in the desert no doubt.

adavis.jpgWe must journey to the Forbidden City and recover the magic item that will break the spell upon the Emir.

qfg20110626135022.png

herosbrain.jpgOh HELLS no, Aziza told me that story, and we are NOT going to ressurect an evil desert spirit.

Yes, you know this is something you've got to do, but you frown as you try to remember something you once heard about Iblis.

herosbrain.jpgAren't you even listening to me anyone? Ok fine, lets go along with this, see if we can't destroy the statue beforehand.

adavis.jpgYou remember the Statue of Iblis, don't you? It has remarkable powers and can break any spell it touches. We need to take the statue to Arus, our friend. Together, let us save the city of Raseir!

He puts his arm on your shoulders and you smile. Here is a man of great wisdom that you have trusted and respected, and he needs your help.

qfg2hero.gifThis sounds like a great plan, lets return the city to it's former state.

herosbrain.jpgThis sucks.

qfg20110626135030.png

qfg20110626135032.png

herosbrain.jpgYou know, it's actually beautiful out here tonight. I would be enjoying this if I weren't a prisoner in my own body.

qfg20110626135034.png

qfg2hero.gifAlrighty boss!

qfg20110626135038.png

qfg2hero.gifI don't think it's working, boss.

adavis.jpgNo, no, fool! Pass through it! Oh get out of the way.

qfg2hero.gifOkie Dokie!

You have no idea how or why you got here, but it is nice to be able to help such a nice man.

herosbrain.jpgWell at least walled off like this, I don't feel the bruises of this idiot slamming my body up against rock walls.

qfg20110626135049.png

herosbrain.jpgYou know, I wouldn't be a stupid walking puppet if you turned off your spell, you know you want to...

qfg2hero.gif*nods happily*

qfg20110626135052.png
    Kraka-Boom!

qfg20110626135054.png

adavis.jpg"For one thousand years and a year, Iblis will be bound..." I know that it has been one thousand and one years to this very day, so that MUST be correct.

qfg2hero.gifOf course it is, boss!

herosbrain.jpgWell this guy is dedicated to calculate all this out.

adavis.jpg"Beneath the tombstones of the city that he once did found." This is the Forbidden City, there is no doubt of that.

herosbrain.jpgYa think?

qfg2hero.gif*smiles and nods*

adavis.jpg"Then comes a hero from the northland, led unto despair..." You are the only hero that I have found recently, it must be you! And I have no doubt you will despair before I am through with you.

qfg2hero.gifDoubtless!

herosbrain.jpgUrrgh, I already despair of this situation. So that's satisfied. Where the part about me striking you down?

adavis.jpg"Passing through the door unopened, that he will find there." The door Accursed door. Why can you not pass through it?

herosbrain.jpgIt's solid freaking rock, dimwit. Like my body's intelligence right now.

adavis.jpg"When the moonlight shines between the Dragon's jaws...And is caught and held there by the Scorpion's claws" The moon! It is not due to rise between the two constellations until tomorrow! How can I be wrong?

qfg20110626135110.png

qfg20110626135112.png
    Kraka-Boom!

adavis.jpgI cannot be wrong. It did not say one thousand and one years and a day. No!

qfg2hero.gifActually I wonder if you calculated properly. You do realize that there are multiple definitions of a year, the sidereal year, the solar year, the lunar year, tropical year, and so on.

herosbrain.jpgWhat? SHUT UP. This is not the time to get smart, dumbass.

adavis.jpgBut how can the moon be where it cannot be? You! You're the hero, Answer me how the moon can be between the Dragon and the Scorpion?

qfg2hero.gifNot to mention, that due to the amount of time passing, the positions of the starts in the sky will have ch...

herosbrain.jpgSHUT UP OR I WILL GIVE YOU AN ANEURYSM.

qfg20110626135123.png

herosbrain.jpgUgh, ok, look, if you can even hear me. If we help him out, I think he means to let us go in there alone. Lets figure this out and get back to normal so we can kill him. That mirror you got from the hot chick? Use it.

qfg20110626135218.png
    Points: 7 (391) - Demonstrate basic optical reflective techniques.

4c0yx.gif

qfg20110626135227.png

adavis.jpgNow you know all you need to know. Go in there and bring me the Statue of Iblis!

qfg20110626135234.png

herosbrain.jpgHah, he is letting you go alone! Soon it'll just be you and me again.

qfg20110626135235.png

herosbrain.jpgPretty, but forbidding...

The door firmly shuts behind you.

qfg20110626135236.png

herosbrain.jpgDammit.

qfg2hero.gif...dammit.

This was fun :D

Syphyre on
  • Options
    nice. You guys are good at making it different but still entertaining from the others. Keep it up.

Also: Typo in the conversation with the Katta:
    sharaf.jpgThere is a concealed passageway somewhere outside this cell. I haev helped others escape by passageways before, but this is the first I have been trapped in a cell. I am not easily captured. I was captured when a former member of the Underground betrayed us, and the guards found where I stayed.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, fixed. That's been one of my biggest problems is I haven't spell checked enough.

And appreciate the vote of confidence on that we're keeping it different. Trust me I have worried about that, that the reader would get bored of the same thing three times.

Edit: Read the lines from the brain with a GLaDOS tone of voice. Makes it funnier.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Syphyre wrote:
    Edit: Read the lines from the brain with a GLaDOS tone of voice. Makes it funnier.

YES, YES!!!

EDIT: By the way, I can definitely get a different sense of personality on each play through - even if you guys are playing caricatures. So it really feels like it's a different guy each time, just based on how he talks, his different take on insults, compliments, and hypnosis.

So far I think I like the Fighter best, (no offense Piotyr, but your version is an arrogant prick. A funny arrogant prick, but a prick none the less.)
    I keed, I keed, you're all awesome.

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    No problem, I wanted to make my guy different, and somehow make him die a lot without making him an idiot. Overconfident, selfish, glory-hog seemed to be the best way to go about doing that. Jim's goal is to be the most powerful wizard in the world and make everyone glorify him like a deity. That actually tends to get him a long way towards the game's goal anyway, except he tends to want to be like Ad Avis and the Dark Master rather than defeat them for the powers of good. He does go a long way from spite though. :)

I do still want to keep Jim as a rooting interest, though, so if I am shifting him to the "an" side of the tagonist pool as he actually gets the power he thinks he had from the beginning, I may have to "grow" his character a bit somehow.

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Hey, if one of our guys is the biggest cocksnatcher it has to be Hamburglar

The man had to be tricked into going to Raseir instead of sitting on his ass getting free food and lodging for the rest of his life

• Options
    Well... that's true. :P

• Options
    I can't wait to see what Jim does in 5...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I have a pretty good idea of what will happen

At least, I hope I do

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Hamburglar is going to be the most hilarious one when we hit the third game, by far.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    I'm just wondering how many times he's going to use Thermo-Nuclear Blast.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I have a pretty good idea of what will happen

At least, I hope I do

KA BOOM

Edit: Damn, whose line is it anyways has ruined certain sound effects for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4blSNuXhGY (about 2:20 for the KA BOOM)

Syphyre on
  • Options
    I mean, I am setting him up already to absolutely adore the Dark Master.