As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That Last [McRib Sandwich] Thread Lasted Longer Than Expected

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    L|ama wrote:
    my hatred is people who don't fucking indicate because there are no cars around

I hate people who don't indicate left out of roundabouts.

[nerd rage]IT'S THE LAW, PEOPLE.[/nerd rage]

Well technically you only have to indicate left out of roundabouts if it's practical, and it's arguable that for most roundabouts it isn't.

broken image link
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    blah blah blah.

This is what med school is.

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    That bad huh. Oh do you guys get to do any procedures?

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    That damn Art of Manliness website got me all jazzed up on motivation and inspiration and doing something with my life

Then I started doubting myself as to what I wanted to be doing and freaked out a bit because I was so unsure, I started having little anxiety attacks

So I just toned that whole thing down and now this is literally me:

VoterApathyParty.jpg

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    L|ama wrote:

Well technically you only have to indicate left out of roundabouts if it's practical, and it's arguable that for most roundabouts it isn't.

Yeah I have to admit this is something I don't do unless it's a larger, multi-lane roundabout.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oh also Batman, Batman is an inspiration, Batman is awesome.

• Options
    (batman isn't real)

We do some procedures. Haven't had my hospital group for a few weeks, my group's reg. is too busy at the moment.

Have an anatomy prac tomorrow..... so little motivation. Counts for like, 2% of one units mark..... but so much stupid rote learning. SO MUCH.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You know I was thinking about that article today.

Is it actually productive posting this everywhere going on about how outraged you are?

I mean I personally don't like it, the arguments are backwards and blah blah blah. But exposure to that article doesn't really reinforce my beliefs.

But what happens when you post it post your moral outrage and someone who doesn't agree with you sees the news article.

It's about a bunch of people (not just one, or you know the 15 or so that are posting here, there were 500 there) getting together. And so, the person who disagrees with you ends up being exposed to the article when they may not have been.

• Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    But what happens when you post it post your moral outrage and someone who doesn't agree with you sees the news article.

(I assume you're talking about the anti-gay politicans)

what harm does their exposure to the media article do me?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Because it reinforces their world view.

That a lot of people showed up for a rally for something that they believed in.

This will mean it's harder to change minds.

I mean at the end of the day you want more and more people to believe that same sex marriage should be allowed because if it's just two people the law isn't going to change.

• Options
    what the fuck, when did it become 10pm?

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    about a quarter of an hour ago?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Last i checked it was 7, time should inform me when it moves forward.

• Options
    Nah it's not ten don't worry.

• Options
    don't blame time itself because you haven't located yourself conveniently near a tended belltower

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Some watches beep on the hour. That's almost time telling you when it's moving forward.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    i mean, what sort of world do we live in that you younguns never learned the value of a cuckoo clock?

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezz wrote:
    don't blame time itself because you haven't located yourself conveniently near a tended belltower

I see this every day.

belltower.jpg

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    What the fuck Blake I didn't know saruman lived in Perth.

• Options
    I should lobby my local council to install one of those futuristic bell tower devices.

What a bright future we live in

• Options
    theSquid wrote:
    L|ama wrote:

Nearly got run off the road by an idiot woman this afternoon. Cut me off trying to merge in front of me,not enough space between me and the car in front and no indicator lights flashing.
    :evil:

• Options
    theSquid wrote:

It's common knowledge over here.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Blake T wrote:

I mean at the end of the day you want more and more people to believe that same sex marriage should be allowed because if it's just two people the law isn't going to change.

but that should rely on moral and ethical arguments, as opposed to them holding an unpopular opinion, right? whether or not their view is supported by other people shouldn't, morally speaking, have anything to do with it.

and obfuscating an event that actually did occur seems ridiculous as an argumentative technique

Jintor on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    @marty_0001: It's a pretty solid blog, I stumbled across it a couple of days ago when I was thinking of starting up a journal.
    theSquid wrote:

Middle Perth

Flay on
  • Options
    Recording my debate for practice....

I am seducing myself with my deep rumbly voice.

• Options
    Flay wrote:
    @marty_0001: It's a pretty solid blog, I stumbled across it a couple of days ago when I was thinking of starting up a journal.
    theSquid wrote:

Middle Perth

5 Stars for this post.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jintor wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

but that should rely on moral and ethical arguments, as opposed to them holding an unpopular opinion, right? whether or not their view is supported by other people shouldn't, morally speaking, have anything to do with it.

and obfuscating an event that actually did occur seems ridiculous as an argumentative technique

Oh god no this argument is giving me D&D political thread flashbacks cut it out guys.

• Options
    Jintor wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

Yeah but just posting a link and saying, isn't that bad doesn't really accomplish very much. And you are giving more attention to something you disagree with. I mean it would be better to post something pro-your side and give good reasons rather than advertising something that you disagree with.

It's very, the only thing that is worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    Can I interrupt this important discussion to say

cocks, dicks, lol

• Options
    Blake T wrote:
    Yeah but just posting a link and saying, isn't that bad doesn't really accomplish very much. And you are giving more attention to something you disagree with. I mean it would be better to post something pro-your side and give good reasons rather than advertising something that you disagree with.

It's very, the only thing that is worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

That maxim perhaps holds true for advertising, less so for issues of ethics and morality, i think. I mean if you don't talk about anti-gay protestors they don't just disappear and go away. Merely because I disagree with them doesn't mean that attention shouldn't be focused towards them, if only because I believe that a reasonable person will look and say 'how fucking ridiculous'

If a person sees my link and says 'i agree with those anti-gay protestors' and posts here then what do we have? A discussion. And that's not a terrible thing to avoid, that's something to embrace, so long as it doesn't devolve into a flamewar.

• Options
    Oh god no this argument is giving me D&D political thread flashbacks cut it out guys.

cocks, dicks, etc

• Options
    All the cocks and dicks. All of them

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    penises, phalluses, wangs and ding dongs.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    doodles.

• Options
    Isn't it awfully nice to have a penis?
    Isn't it frightfully good to have a dong?
    It's swell to have a stiffy.
    It's divine to own a dick,
    From the tiniest little tadger
    To the world's biggest prick.
    So, three cheers for your Willy or John Thomas.
    Hooray for your one-eyed trouser snake,
    Your piece of pork, your wife's best friend,
    Your Percy, or your cock.
    You can wrap it up in ribbons.
    You can slip it in your sock,
    But don't take it out in public,
    Or they will stick you in the dock,
    And you won't come back.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    todger

• Options
    I had a crazy idea.

I should practice my debate speech to people on chat roulette.

But penises.....so many of them.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Flay wrote:
    theSquid wrote:

Middle Perth

:^:

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    maybe i should do some homework on chatroulette

see how much help i can get

• Options
    L|ama wrote:
    maybe i should do some homework on chatroulette

see how much help i can get