As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of [Phalla] :: A MINI FOR THE AGES :: Day 502 Gateway

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Ah Baron is end game them. Carry on.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    INANTP

Posting from phone so no logic.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    ok so everyone I'm in contact with is not replying and I need some info right now and it's starting to freak me ooouuuutttt!!!

That being said, I'm placing my orders and hoping for the best. Good luck guys.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The day is another 24 hours, guys.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh jesus right hahaha

Nevermind!

Steam
  • Options
    This is why I'm keeping calm and talking to people instead of looking like this:
    p4frV.gif

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm not saying we should role call publicly...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    oh. right. I forgot about that. That takes some pressure off.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Oh thank fuck, I didn't know that Infidel had extended the timer. I was in a huge rush to get my activity post/vote out before work earlier. That's a relief.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    So yeah. I honestly wasn't expecting people to jump on the wagon like that but I guess people thought that I have seer knowledge? Or at the very least I'm the quasi-network head and people will lend my opinion more weight.

But yeah, let me clarify the first part of that at least: as they both confirmed, Reg "seered" MrT as village. I still trust Reg but the reason for the quotations should be obvious. :P In any case, that meant no "confirmed" mafia target, and so I went with my gut.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Okay, I've talked with the network. We've agreed that INANTP isn't the best target, but we haven't reached a consensus on who is. It'd be so much easier if Reg had hit a mafia. :P

So you know what? Warban, you've seemed to be trying to be almost too helpful since you subsituted. As the resident overeager villager I'm wondering why, what always makes me suspicious has left you skating by without any raised eyebrows.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    If you all switch to warban, heads are going to roll.

Since I'm specifically trying to be different than the other "network" people, my vote is going in for Turkson. He seems like a good vote. And so does anyone else that hasn't contacted me.

• Options
    I'm not a part of the network (hence, you know, the votes for me) but I'd like to vocalize my suspicions of Gumpy. He manages to to avoid being grudged for Ace phalla, forms a gank group with two mafia in it, and then keeps his head down in the thread except to really vocally argue with a mafia member. I don't think I've ever seen an argument get so heated except when it's between two mafia (or has Drez or dunadan involved but that's beside the point). He just seems like someone who's found himself in a really good position for no apparent reason.

Now, this is mostly speculation barely helped by speaking with a few people. I would really have liked to storm into the room, slam my first on the table and shout "I'm not mafia, HE IS!" and present the evidence for it, but the past 24 hours just haven't given me the evidence I need for that. I think he's suspicious, but I'll switch later for a strong vote.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I'm not contacting you ever MrT.

The whole village "network" is infiltrated top to down with mafia. Btw, there isn't 5 mafia in this game. There are more.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    ominousb.jpg

Steam
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote:
    The whole village "network" is infiltrated top to down with mafia. Btw, there isn't 5 mafia in this game. There are more.

Seriously? From the OP:
    25 summoners, 25 champions. 5 summoners are Team Go Evil and looking to conquer all realms.

Why are you making such an effort to inhibit village networking, Turkson? Also, how would you know how many mafia there are?

I'm pretty sure I already voted for you, but just in case: Turkson

• Options
    Just so we're keeping track, votes are as follows:

INANTP - 5
    Turkson - 2
    warban - 1
    Gumpy - 1

Everyone has voted except Turkson.

Steam
  • Options
    Okay, now that there's an hour to go and no one's checking in or talking
    p4frV.gif

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    How long to vote close?

Less than an hour?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    facetious wrote:
    Okay, I've talked with the network. We've agreed that INANTP isn't the best target, but we haven't reached a consensus on who is. It'd be so much easier if Reg had hit a mafia. :P

So you know what? Warban, you've seemed to be trying to be almost too helpful since you subsituted. As the resident overeager villager I'm wondering why, what always makes me suspicious has left you skating by without any raised eyebrows.

katertot1.jpg

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Hello all, I apologize for my lack of attention today.

I am very bad at playing on weekends. :(

• Options
    REG Rysk wrote:
    Hello all, I apologize for my lack of attention today.

I am very bad at playing on weekends. :(
    p4frV.gif

REG RYSK

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WITH MY FINAL BREATH
    p4frV.gif

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Vote closed.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Y'all know facetious is mafia, right?

I dun took care of him for y'all.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    This is the part where he eats you. Or get owned by a tower.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Wait what.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I'm on phone so hopefully im not dead: you know that facetious is mafia implies rysk is mafia and op says five mafia so that makes me good and you should FUCKING TALK TO ME

• Options
    Day 5 - We need vision on Baron

Their numbers had dwindled down to just ten. What was their purpose? It was just senseless killing. Or was it? Nexus couldn't be pushed, the towers were still bugged. But someone had a purpose and dived towards it.

The tall grass swayed in the breeze as it whipped through the Rift. With Garen MIA it seemed much less a nightmare, serene even. The peaceful images floating in his head were at odds with everything that had happened thus far, but Amumu couldn't help but dwell on them. Perhaps that is why he was caught unawares as Mordekaiser rampaged onto the scene. Mace and metal rang, and a ghost-Katarina was in tow, doing the bidding of its master. Mordekaiser finished off the mummy but not without difficulty.

Katarina vanished into the ether, her spirit dissipating and heading to parts unknown. Too late to save Amumu, but still able to avenge him, Cho'Gath rushes the wounded champion. Knocked up, slowed, Mordekaiser makes his best effort at regenerating his shield, brings his mace to his foe, but it is clear he is in trouble. A bubble forms around Mordekaiser as elsewhere Shen must be channeling his ultimate, attempting to save his ally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-9hLmIJNMw

True damage is a bitch.

An enemy has been slain!

INANTP: ffffffff gay ultimate, nerf chogath

INANTP has left the game.

With no presence in river, the remaining champions decide now is the time to get baron.

There were no survivors.
    DEFEAT

The summoners find themselves at the all too familiar post-game screen, their shame posted for everyone. The shit-talking and bitching commences.

Day 5 Results

facetious - Katarina (ghosted) - expired
    I needed a name to post. - Shen - ragequit
    Turkson - Mordekaiser - nom nom nom
    wildwood - Amumu - ganked

The forces of Team Go Evil have been defeated. Village victory!

Survivors

38thDoe - Janna
    Cythraul - Nasus
    Gumpy - Blitzcrank
    warban - Cho'Gath
    MrTLicious - Tryndamere
    REG Rysk - Kayle

Cythraul and facetious attained victory.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Warban! has scored an ACE!

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    I'll answer questions and give a breakdown on some things later, but just FYI mafia the biggest problem was missing orders by yourselves or others. :O

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I'd like to congratulate Infidel on making a game that made me really feel like I was solo queueing :bz

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The two biggest problem we, the mafia, had were

1) No kill ability and

2) Spoit bloody revealing himself to B:L on frakkin' Day 1!

I'm still laughing about that. It's been almost a week and it's still goddamn funny.

GG village

oh h*ck
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Cythraul!!!

B:L!!!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Wow congrats. And here I was sure Reg was a mafia who was lying about being a seer.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I was legit.

Just had some crap luck on day 3.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    http://qqmorenub.proboards.com/index.cgi

mafia proboards

e: yeah i couldn't really fairly say what any balance problems might have been

i will say that there was a definite sense of snowballing much like the game when some of us decided to ah

functionally suicide into turrets

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I BLAME INFY.

Okay so here's what happened.

The night of server issues I got home and Infy PMed me on IRC telling me that I'd been Morde ulted and would be converted to mafia for a day, at the end of which I would die red. But, because he couldn't post narration, he couldn't tell me specific info: namely, who the mafia members were.

When the forums came back up he posted narration but forgot to PM me. If you were on IRC Friday afternoon you may have seen me fretting about my need to talk to him.

And, not knowing that he'd extended the day to make up for the forum downtime, I had to make a post helping the mafia without knowing who they were. So I went with my gut instinct, INANTP, because it would sound earnest enough to sway the village (it was in fact the post I was going to make even if I hadn't been converted) --- I basically figured, "Eh, chances are I'm wrong so I'll sway the village to vote for an innocent, thereby helping the mafia."

Except

I was right.

God. Damnit.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Although I admit to being smug that I was basically about to win the game for the village. :P

Real strong, facetious.