As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    This should not be BOTP'd:
    GiftGet.gif

I got the notice for a missed delivery, so while I was out getting toys and treats for the pooch, we hit up the post office to see what could be waiting...

Here you can see Rex inspecting the package.
    1.jpg

Ah-Hah! A letter! It's from @harvest, the generous bastard!
    2.jpg

I like the sound of this. I do enjoy artwork and storytelling. Ooh, a nicely wrapped package!

3.jpg

And a second package, uh, not so nicely wrapped. To be fair to @harvest, the post office kind of brutalized this box. I think they obliterated the wrapping on the second package.

4.jpg

It's just what Proxy questioned me about! Comics! Weeee! I've never read Transmetropolitan, but hey, it's Warren Ellis!

5.jpg

And it's MORE of them! The whole series!

6.jpg

And a set of Planetary books!

7.jpg

Holy shit! FOURTEEN collections between the two series!

8.jpg

I must say, I am overwhelmed. These books look awesome and I can't wait to dive into them. Thank you SO much Santa-@harvest!

Man the gifting is awwwwwwwesome. I loooove those "Gift Get" posts!!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Can we get a link to all the different gift get logos added to the OP?
    Also, need to get to work making creative thingies for my santee so I can get it all sent off.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gifPART TWO: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

A package showed up on my doorstep this morning! I could not get a picture of it, because my dogs tore it apart!

Inside were two packages, beautifully wrapped! I also could not get pictures of them. Because of...my...dogs, you see. Dogs...

Anyway! Gift one!
    YLoUc.jpg

Layla posing with my book, What To Do When You Meet Cthulhu! As a minion of said Elder God, I've always wondered what would happen when we would finally meet. I'd assume it'd be just gibber and have my brain dribble out my ears, but apparently there's information on how to survive it! I've been in enough Call of Cthulhu campaigns to know that's bull, but I'll give it a shot! ;) (hey where are the smiley face buttons?)

Gift two!
    SnQGe.jpg

Teddy looking confusedly at me, not sure what is at his feet. I'll tell you, buddy. It's a Kre-O Transformers set! You build it and it's a robot or a car!

Dawasaurus you are a cool chap.

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:
    This should not be BOTP'd:
    GiftGet.gif

I got the notice for a missed delivery, so while I was out getting toys and treats for the pooch, we hit up the post office to see what could be waiting...

1.jpg

2.jpg

I like the sound of this. I do enjoy artwork and storytelling. Ooh, a nicely wrapped package!

3.jpg

And a second package, uh, not so nicely wrapped. To be fair to @harvest, the post office kind of brutalized this box. I think they obliterated the wrapping on the second package.

4.jpg

It's just what Proxy questioned me about! Comics! Weeee! I've never read Transmetropolitan, but hey, it's Warren Ellis!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I must say, I am overwhelmed. These books look awesome and I can't wait to dive into them. Thank you SO much Santa-@harvest!

Man the gifting is awwwwwwwesome. I loooove those "Gift Get" posts!!

This is why I participate, not for the getting but seeing so much of the great giving, Warren Ellis is an awesome writer as well.

The Kindle Fire needs to hurry up and come out in Canada...

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I'd assume it'd be just gibber and have my brain dribble out my ears, but apparently there's information on how to survive it! I've been in enough Call of Cthulhu campaigns to know that's bull, but I'll give it a shot!

I always laugh because not only did they give him a full stat block, they wrote a description of what happens should you deplete his 160 HP. Y'know. Just in case you survive the sanity check and aren't one of the 1d3 investigators per round he can eat.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    You know, I've never read or played anything Cthulhu related.

Also, Chrome knows how to spell Cthulhu.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Cacholtu? Am I doing it right? :P
    Is there a way besides correct that people try to spell it?
    And a note to my Santa...I just picked up Dead Rising 2 and Red Faction: Armageddon from gamefly today so...hope I didn't ruin your fun? :/
    I couldn't resist...I'm so sorry...

• Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    A package showed up on my doorstep this morning! I could not get a picture of it, because my dogs tore it apart!

Inside were two packages, beautifully wrapped! I also could not get pictures of them. Because of...my...dogs, you see. Dogs...

Anyway! Gift one!
    YLoUc.jpg

Layla posing with my book, What To Do When You Meet Cthulhu! As a minion of said Elder God, I've always wondered what would happen when we would finally meet. I'd assume it'd be just gibber and have my brain dribble out my ears, but apparently there's information on how to survive it! I've been in enough Call of Cthulhu campaigns to know that's bull, but I'll give it a shot! ;) (hey where are the smiley face buttons?)

Gift two!
    SnQGe.jpg

Teddy looking confusedly at me, not sure what is at his feet. I'll tell you, buddy. It's a Kre-O Transformers set! You build it and it's a robot or a car!

Yaaaay, the package reached you faster than expected.
    The Kre-O things are similar to LEGO, so it kind of combines your interest in that and Transformers.
    Merry Week-Before-Thanksgiving!
    Those are adorable doggies! :D

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

A wild Box appears!

None of my pets were willing to do the unboxing for me, so I have summoned a mighty seagull to do the job.

DSC_0055.jpg

What is this? Something is moving.

DSC_0056.jpg

The box contains a giant cardboard snake!! It goes straight for the poor seagull, but he is brave and slays the foul beast.

DSC_0057.jpg

Lets see what the snake was guarding.

DSC_0058.jpg

Its a treasure of neatly wrapped amazon-gifts!!! The seagull is very impressed.

DSC_0059.jpg

First one up is the small red one. Route to succes? Hmm, what could it be?

DSC_0060.jpg

Oh shit! It freaking CITADELS!!! Very nice gifting Santa!

DSC_0061.jpg

This was actually the next boardgame I was going to buy for my gamegroup, so this is a really great gift! :D

DSC_0062.jpg

NEXT: The slightly larger red one. But the seagull tore it open before I could take a picture. :oops:
    Maybe its a cane? Or a santa hat, or, or...

DSC_0070.jpg

Its a book! Totally not gay.

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Lateral Thinking by Edward de Bono :D
    I have had a lot of trouble with my creative process lately, so this is godsent.

DSC_0068.jpg

And at last! The big gold one! This must be the most important, 'cause you know...gold is important.
    Get out off here, Seagull!!

DSC_0063.jpg

Wow, I can't believe it! Another boardgame that I have been inches away from buying myself :D

DSC_0064.jpg

Nothing says Merry Christmas like a nice and deadly pandemic!

DSC_0065.jpg

And the the whole load! I am so happy with what I got! This is more boardgames than I have ever gotten from my family or friends, even though I put them on my wishlist every year :P
    Only problem is....Who are you, Santa? There was no name anywhere, so please reveal yourself :)

DSC_0066.jpg

It is I! I completely forgot about putting my name or ID on it :(

Sweet! Thanks a ton man. I'm just about to playtest Pandemic with the girlfriend, and boy are we excited to play it!

Merry Christmas to you!

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    @Santa I'm gonna go ahead and stick my Amazon list in my signature.

@Mantiz I am a dummy. When I first saw the seagull, I thought "BIRD! :D ... wait, you can keep seagulls as pets?"

I didn't realize until the second picture that it was dead.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    My Santee got their gift, according to UPS... :)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Can we get a link to all the different gift get logos added to the OP?
    Also, need to get to work making creative thingies for my santee so I can get it all sent off.

Here's the Gift Get animations I made last year:

GiftGet.gif
    GiftGet-1.gif
    GiftGet2.gif
    GiftGet3.gif
    GiftGet4.gif
    GiftGet4b.gif

There's another one or two that others made for some variety as well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Some quality gifting here!

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Holy crap, your Santa loves you. Transmetropolitan is one of my favorite series ever! Enjoy the read!

I'm not sure what to do about last week's shirt delivery - a helpful forumer has come forward to state that they received a similar gift last year, but I don't want to make gift post unless I'm sure Santa can come forward and take credit for his or her good deed.

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Santa, as per your request: http://imgur.com/4AB2f

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    I got a package that that was supposed to contain a gift I ordered for my Santee, but they sent me the wrong thing. Apparently the listing was wrong and now the price is way higher, so they don't want to send me the right thing, they want to refund my money.

awesome!!

:(

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2011
    Shouldnt they honor the listing? Thats what most companies do. That sucks!

Minor incident that is a nice haul, grats. I've never read Transmetropolitan either, but I hear its great!

Iruka on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dear Santee

I ordered some stuff for you that's coming soon! (2 different sites, so it'll be 2 different packages)

Plus I'll be sending an envelope with at least 2 more gifts soon (hopefully sometime this week)

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    urahonky wrote:

His name is Atrius Alabastor in case you're curious. :P

• Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    Dawasaurus wrote:

Anyway! Gift one!
    YLoUc.jpg

Gift two!
    SnQGe.jpg

Yaaaay, the package reached you faster than expected.
    The Kre-O things are similar to LEGO, so it kind of combines your interest in that and Transformers.
    Merry Week-Before-Thanksgiving!
    Those are adorable doggies! :D

Yeah, I have the two smallest sets, Bumblebee and a tiny Optimus. Can't wait to build this one.
    And thanks, they're awesome dogs. :3

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    Anyone able to pass on a message for me?

steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Hearthjaw wrote:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20882029#Comment_20882029

Proxy the Elf is available for all your proxy needs.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Yay Minor Incident I hope you have time for reading in the future :D

Annoyed that the bigger package got busted open but at least it wasn't something fragile!

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    Hearthjaw wrote:

Much obliged!

steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Is that short for Blue Beetle?

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    No no, it's not like the Sneak King/Blue Dragon thing, where finishing step one allows step tw
    Hearthjaw wrote:
    AaronKI wrote:
    Hearthjaw wrote:

Much obliged!

Any idea how often Proxy the Elf checks his or her PMs?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    It's funny after I gave my gift to my Santee, I kind of forgot I was still participating. Just realized that I too have a santa!!!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    No no, it's not like the Sneak King/Blue Dragon thing, where finishing step one allows step tw
    Hearthjaw wrote:
    AaronKI wrote:
    Hearthjaw wrote:

Much obliged!

Any idea how often Proxy the Elf checks his or her PMs?

Proxy likes to check his PMs usually once or twice a day.
    At the very least, he will check his mail when he gets back home from the workshop!

CHRISTMASSSSSSS!!!!!
    :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Hey guys, GIFT GET!
    After work yesterday I raced home before my apartment office closed at 5:30. They were holding my Secret Santa Gift!

Let's get this stuff going! Apologies in advance for blurry phone pics.

6347771766_163a959234_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade gift 1 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

A box appears! I tried to get my girlfriend's cat in the picture, but she would have nothing of it. This is especially silly because most of the time she loves posing for the camera. Oh well.

Let's get the sucker open!

6347022229_924506ba20_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade gift 2 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

I promise my Hand is not freakishly large compared with the box. It's all from the magic of perspective!

Ooh! Fancy wrappings!

6346921925_01d16a9616_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade Gift 3 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Stupidly, I forgot to get a picture of the card. But I still have it, so I'll try to get one later. If I remember, it said something like "I only dream of playing this! Enjoy!"

Come on, let's get that wrapping off!

6347673376_dc9ae0c48f_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade Gift 4 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Gasp! Metroids! Oh God, they're everywhere! Where's my ice beam?

I'd been wanting this one for a while! Thanks, Santa!

But who was my Santa!? I have your real name, but not your forum name. Reveal yourself so I can thank you properly!

It was I! But this is only the start - there are another 2 parcels heading your way! Metroid is my total fave Nintendo game and I sold my Wii before this was even announced - hence the quote on the parcel! Schoolboy error to not put my name on the card though - was too excited!

• Options
    Schide wrote:
    urahonky wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Is that short for Blue Beetle?

It's short for "How in the hell is every name in the world taken?"

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Santa -

I just keep updating my Amazon Wishlist. I am having so much fun. Feel free to ignore it, but know it is in a perpetual state of Christmas cheer.

Also,

Santee. You're going to get some pretty cool stuff. Working on something with a little more personal touch, but we shall see...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Santa, I've added a complete wet dream list of computer supplies to my Amazon wishlist. Just in case you have a bajillion dollars, are the king of Newegg, and are feeling way more generous than you'd ever need to be.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    iMatt wrote:
    Hey guys, GIFT GET!
    After work yesterday I raced home before my apartment office closed at 5:30. They were holding my Secret Santa Gift!

Let's get this stuff going! Apologies in advance for blurry phone pics.

6347771766_163a959234_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade gift 1 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

A box appears! I tried to get my girlfriend's cat in the picture, but she would have nothing of it. This is especially silly because most of the time she loves posing for the camera. Oh well.

Let's get the sucker open!

6347022229_924506ba20_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade gift 2 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

I promise my Hand is not freakishly large compared with the box. It's all from the magic of perspective!

Ooh! Fancy wrappings!

6346921925_01d16a9616_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade Gift 3 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Stupidly, I forgot to get a picture of the card. But I still have it, so I'll try to get one later. If I remember, it said something like "I only dream of playing this! Enjoy!"

Come on, let's get that wrapping off!

6347673376_dc9ae0c48f_z.jpg
    Penny Arcade Gift 4 by Cameron_Talley, on Flickr

Gasp! Metroids! Oh God, they're everywhere! Where's my ice beam?

I'd been wanting this one for a while! Thanks, Santa!

But who was my Santa!? I have your real name, but not your forum name. Reveal yourself so I can thank you properly!

It was I! But this is only the start - there are another 2 parcels heading your way! Metroid is my total fave Nintendo game and I sold my Wii before this was even announced - hence the quote on the parcel! Schoolboy error to not put my name on the card though - was too excited!

What, two more?!?! *dances with glee* Oh man, I can't wait!

I started playing it last night--it's pretty fun so far! Samus is a bit melodramatic...but I'm kind of a sucker for that kind of stuff, so.... Firing missles in first person is a little weird though. Can't wait to play more.

Anyway, thanks so much! Merry Christmas!

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Santee, I'm sending your stuff out tomorrow with any luck.

Went down to the post office this morning, discovered that shipping will cost ~£40. D: Splitting it up didn't really make an impact on the price.

BUT FOR HAPPINESS AT CHRISTMAS ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    With a little luck, my random assortment o' Christmasy stuff shall start its journey to my Santee today. Fingers are crossed but I think I did him justice.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote:
    With a little luck, my random assortment o' Christmasy stuff shall start its journey to my Santee today. Fingers are crossed but I think I did him justice.

:O
    I'm a 'him'! That could be me!
    Still have yet to get mine shipped...just have one last thing (and maybe some chocolate, of course) and I'll be set.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Man my gift got sent from the states to the uk with non priority shipping in 3 days. How the hell?

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    Disco11 wrote:
    Man my gift got sent from the states to the uk with non priority shipping in 3 days. How the hell?

Christmas Thanksgiving Miracle?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    But thanksgiving was a month ago.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Disco11 wrote:
    But thanksgiving was a month ago.

ICWYDT!
    Some deliveries seem to just go much faster from the states. I've ordered tees from two different sites, one makes it here in ~a week, the other takes like a month, usually longer.

IcdplGM.png