As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    FreeBryd!FreeBryd! Registered User regular
    Gift sent ;)

theaterseats.jpg
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    is it me?! 8->

If it was you, I certainly couldn't tell you so. In fact, responding as such may be construed as me trying to tell you it's you, by denying it's you; even though, in fact, it may not be you. So the real question becomes: Are you, YOU? :P

oh god

I DON'T KNOW

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I love the wall behind your TV, Isy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ooooh, just got a message from Proxy saying something's been sent my way! Better prepare myself...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    121fp5x.gif
    Before posting the actual gifts I have received, I must confess that I got the electronic gifts over Thanksgiving break and the bigger gift earlier this week. I have been extraordinarily remiss in not posting until now, although I think most of you will figure out why once you see what was sent.
    First of all, over Thanksgiving I checked my email and found two fine books waiting in my inbox.
    book1.jpg
    book2.jpg

I've gone through Abercrombie's book already by this time, and now I'm going to have to read the rest of the trilogy. It's a fine piece of work.

Then Monday, upon returning and having the held mail delivered, I found a package waiting as well. The lizard is in abeyance this year, as I have a small human helper who was more than willing to assist.

What's in the package?
    baby1.jpg

How am I going to get through the shrinkwrap to chew on this properly?
    baby2.jpg

Where's the baby toy? There has to be a baby toy in here somewhere!
    baby3.jpg

In conclusion, I've spent all week playing Skyrim instead of posting these pictures. Thanks Draysoth!

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

that was the one thing I didn't do :lol:

Also, still waiting on my Santa to reveal themselves! that's how it works right?

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hahahaha. Pissed Skyrim baby is pissed.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    The First Law series is great, Logen Nine Fingers is one of my favorite fantasy characters.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    121fp5x.gif

My gift arrived on Friday... at my parents' house, and I won't be there for another 3 weeks. It is too long to wait, I must know what is inside!
    391d11a39e8d3e5a59eb2fe756d2a9a6-71.jpg
    The butcher bird. Man's best friend. All I need to do is tame one, train it to fly to my parents' house and carry the parcel back. If it's too heavy, it can open the parcel and carry the contents home piece by piece.
    photo2.jpg
    Stage one is complete! The butcher bird (AKA "Birdy") has arrived, and stealthily scopes out the scene.

The parcel is looking a bit big though, he might have to break it open.
    photo5.jpg

Birdy begins his attack, choosing to make a frontal assault on the box. He attacks the weakest point, the tape holding the box together...
    photo3.jpg

Unfortunately, it is all for naught. The tape proves too strong for the little bird, and he is forced to retreat.

It looks like I'll have to wait, unless... perhaps an eagle could manage...

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    An eagle?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Kaseius wrote:
    Kaseius wrote:
    is it me?! 8->

If it was you, I certainly couldn't tell you so. In fact, responding as such may be construed as me trying to tell you it's you, by denying it's you; even though, in fact, it may not be you. So the real question becomes: Are you, YOU? :P

oh god

I DON'T KNOW

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    121fp5x.gif

My gift arrived on Friday... at my parents' house, and I won't be there for another 3 weeks. It is too long to wait, I must know what is inside!
    The butcher bird. Man's best friend. All I need to do is tame one, train it to fly to my parents' house and carry the parcel back. If it's too heavy, it can open the parcel and carry the contents home piece by piece.
    photo2.jpg
    Stage one is complete! The butcher bird (AKA "Birdy") has arrived, and stealthily scopes out the scene.

photo5.jpg

Birdy begins his attack, choosing to make a frontal assault on the box. He attacks the weakest point, the tape holding the box together...
    photo3.jpg

Unfortunately, it is all for naught. The tape proves too strong for the little bird, and he is forced to retreat.

Suppose if two swallows carried it together?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    If I buy a "points" card in the US (like XBL, PSN, Wii) will it work for my brothers in the North (Canada)?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Unfortuantely, it will not. Or at least they didn't a couple years ago when I saw somebody gift a point card to another region.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Our tree topper is an awesome plush monkey I found on the street after a pub trip at uni. With a wash and brush up, some cardboard glittery wings and a gold pipe cleaner halo he really looks the part now.

I just realised I found that monkey on the pavement 10 years ago. 10 years!

Feeling old now.

Going to bed to mourn my lost youth.

And Teflon the Darwinist angel is up!

e0df4328.jpg

Our one year old daughter is 'helping' sort out the decorations by trying to wear all the beads at once.
    06befeaf.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    121fp5x.gif

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

That's an awesome-looking bird. At first I thought it was a pet until I looked it up. If you can't find an eagle, maybe use a duck. I'm sure their dull, round beaks and webbed feet will shred that tape with no effort at all.

Ok, you caught me. I just want to see someone post a picture of a duck on their present.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Icemopper wrote:

African or European?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    LOL. African swallows :P

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:

Also, still waiting on my Santa to reveal themselves! that's how it works right?

It was me! I'm really glad you liked it all! Sorry for the lack of personal touch, which is why I had the wife make some delicious treats to send.
    Which she also sent to me.
    They were so good.
    Merry X-mas!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Radiation wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:

It was me! I'm really glad you liked it all! Sorry for the lack of personal touch, which is why I had the wife make some delicious treats to send.
    Which she also sent to me.
    They were so good.
    Merry X-mas!

Man, they were amazing! And you really nailed the gifts too, I kept thinking that was it and then another parcel would arrive! :lol:

Thanks again for everything, really brightened an otherwise full on and depressing time <3

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Proxy sent me a nicely worded PM from my Santa that basically said I should stop buying myself stuff. This is harder than it sounds during a Steam sale. Dungeon Defenders is less than 4 dollars! If anything my Santa is trying to give me the gift of self control.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

That's an awesome-looking bird. At first I thought it was a pet until I looked it up. If you can't find an eagle, maybe use a duck. I'm sure their dull, round beaks and webbed feet will shred that tape with no effort at all.

Ok, you caught me. I just want to see someone post a picture of a duck on their present.

It's kinda sorta almost a pet; it will eat out of our hands, and come into the house looking for us. There are some eagles nearby, but I think they would be slightly more likely to tear the parcel and its contents into little pieces.

• Options
    AaronKI wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

challenge accepted! I have two different types of ducks too. :ˆ:

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Should have know someone here would have ducks.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Should have know someone here would have ducks.

We are a remarkably diverse group.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My Santa has craftily concealed their identity, and their opening volley of giftage was the Carboard Tube Samurai skin for Orcs Must Die, a (far as I know) PAX exclusive! Which means that the first gift I got may well have required air fare, hotel accommodations, god knows what on food and other entertainment expenses, ticket(s) into the venue and the self control of a legend not to drop a college fund on goods within.

So that one item might have associated costs in the 4 digits with it.

Signing off under the name "Hattori Hanzō", clearly this person is a leader of generosity worthy of association with the historical figure. They alluded to further gifts, possibly including the Defending of some Dungeons (I'm onto your game!) and perhaps other tangible gift items.

So thank you kindly, mystery gift giver! Already the season is off to a wonderful start!

Though this does mean that I know have to figure out whom between D&D and SE++ sent me a graphic novel and DVD from Amazon... only mentioned because I had figured it might be G&T, but according to my chat, they aren't from that person. Curiouser and curiouser.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    If I buy a "points" card in the US (like XBL, PSN, Wii) will it work for my brothers in the North (Canada)?

nope :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Bah, back to square one then...

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:
    urahonky wrote:

Bah, back to square one then...

You can try it from these guys, they specify which country the card can be used in:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=340ab594b3c437e9de6690f6c632c780&keywords=xbox+live+points&x=0&y=0
    http://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=playstation+network+card&x=0&y=0

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Icemopper wrote:

African or European?

Dammit Santa, that's MY line!
    :rotate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4

• Options
    Ooh, thanks for the site!

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    AaronKI wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

Ooh, what kinds? Also, my condolences for the budgie that did its best miner's canary impression. :(

For the first time ever I have a pet that doesn't live in a glass bowl, but it just had to be one that eats birds. She's an outdoor cat or else I would have taken a picture of her on my desk for my gift post.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    So, I beat Max Payne 2. I'd post a picture, but I didn't think to take one when the credits were rolling. However, you're all my dearest friends so I hope you can trust I'm not lying. Then again, the game is short enough that lying would take longer. Anyway, here are my thoughts on an eight year old game.

I thought it was alright. It certainly has not aged well in terms of graphics or gameplay. The game was not made for precision and I hated anytime it ask me to platform. Maybe I missed something but having Max always run when you move the stick proved to be an annoyance at times especially when trying to go up or down a narrow pathway. There were more than a few deaths related to an over anxious Max.

The combat was good at times, but I didn't appreciate how the AI usually had the upper hand when I entered a room. I'd sometimes die shortly after entering a room and not knowing what killed me. The slow-mo helped alleviate this but looking back on it from today's game design it just seems unfair. The actual gunplay felt satisfying especially when doing the slow-mo jump. I felt grenades/molotovs were useless due to their short radius.

As for the story, I liked it. The voice acting was top notch and I dug the comic book panels. If I had any real complaint, it'd be towards the ending. It's not that it's bad, but it left me unsatisfied with its conclusion. In fact, that's kind of how I feel with the whole last level in terms of story. There are some nice hidden elements in it that clue you in on what's going on, but I feel a game shouldn't hide story elements like that. I will say my favorite mission was the one where you have to escort Vinnie mainly due to how absurd it was. Here you have a serious game and all of a sudden you have a ludicrous element thrown into it. It was just too hilariously awesome.

I also enjoyed the TV shows from the game. Address Unknown (Remedy getting their Twin Peaks on somewhat) and Lords and Ladies being the standouts. The scenery added a lot of personality to the game. That's probably the reason why I spent so much time in the police station.

Overall, I'd say the game is good and holds up well today mainly due to its story. My only regret is having to play it with that shitty controller. I can't remember the last time I was actively aware of what buttons I was pressing in a game. I did that all the ways up to the end. I honestly can't imagine having to use that controller ever again after the S was released.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    was it you who had to play through blue dragon last year? Max payne 2 seems like a much needed breather in comparison

• Options
    Yeah. I played Blue Dragon last year. Unless it was another RPG, anything was going to be shorter by comparison.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I'd much rather play Blue Dragon, personally, even if it would take a lot longer.

But at least it neither of those was xbox Bomberman.

• Options
    But Hudson had to tell the origin story for Bomberman. Didn't you always wonder how he/she came to be? I know I didn't.

• Options
    AaronKI wrote:
    Big Isy wrote:
    AaronKI wrote:
    121fp5x.gif

photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

Ooh, what kinds? Also, my condolences for the budgie that did its best miner's canary impression. :(

For the first time ever I have a pet that doesn't live in a glass bowl, but it just had to be one that eats birds. She's an outdoor cat or else I would have taken a picture of her on my desk for my gift post.

Hmmm, no idea what breed they are but they like clean environments! As promised, one of my presents with the ducks!
    Hfw8l.jpgs0CDj.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's kinda sorta almost a pet; it will eat out of our hands, and come into the house looking for us. There are some eagles nearby, but I think they would be slightly more likely to tear the parcel and its contents into little pieces.

After the eagle decimates the box, you find out that your Santa gave you a set of commemorative plates, a priceless glass cantelope sculpture, and a mylar balloon.

Except then it's two jigsaw puzzles and a mylar bag. :P

Edit @Big Isy Booooooooo. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg