As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Agapios wrote:
    Figgy wrote:
    Agapios wrote:
    ArcSyn wrote:
    Agapios wrote:
    This santee is worrying because of everyone saying not to worry. Also I finally told my secretary I was waiting for a Christmas package from a stranger on the internet. She replied with, "Do I need to start wearing gloves to defend against anthrax?"

So for my secretaries safety- guys please no anthrax =D

Great, do you know how much it's going to cost to ship all this anthrax back to the vendor?

Not a lot I hope!

I'd just like to say "Hi" to all those hard working FBI agents who are now monitoring this thread.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Bomb, Anthrax, rebels, Obama, guns, terrorists, hostile takeover, walmart, occupy wallstreet, protesters, violence, China

(Just in case they did not get the Memo ahead of time).

Why are we acting like they weren't already watching? I know for a fact some of these gifts have been far too specific for anyone short of a person who can reroute a satellite.

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Received notice that the postal service tried to deliver a parcel requiring a signature.

This never happens. Never.

Interesting. Will be swinging by the PO tomorrow to pick it up.

In related news - wrapped my Santee's gifts last night. Just need to print out tags, and it will be off! Won't be able to tonight - it's monthly board game night at my alma mater. Holy the fuck did I plan out exactly how much would fit in the box - there is really no room to spare. It was like a Professor Layton puzzle. I'm actually a little worried that adding a label to one item might make it not fit.

Luckily, I'm skilled at sliding large objects into tight spaces.

:winky:

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Tetris.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh no! I just got gift-gotted again!

This time Imperfect gifted me Dungeon Defenders on Steam. I don't know what that is, at all! Mystery! Intrigue! Will the gifting ever cease?

'Twas on sale and the 4-pack was MAD cheap. Was feelin' generous.

Apparently it has 4-player co-op (hence the 4-pack). Maybe I'll see you on there some time? =3

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Judge-Z wrote:
    Received notice that the postal service tried to deliver a parcel requiring a signature.

This never happens. Never.

Interesting. Will be swinging by the PO tomorrow to pick it up.

In related news - wrapped my Santee's gifts last night. Just need to print out tags, and it will be off! Won't be able to tonight - it's monthly board game night at my alma mater. Holy the fuck did I plan out exactly how much would fit in the box - there is really no room to spare. It was like a Professor Layton puzzle. I'm actually a little worried that adding a label to one item might make it not fit.

Luckily, I'm skilled at sliding large objects into tight spaces.

:winky:

Baby.png

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    check your email @The_Mantiz there's extra e-cheer contained within!

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    A wild package appears!
    Just the custom photo calendars we ordered for the family.

But wait, a "sorry we missed you note" (despite my wife was home all day and did not hear a knock or doorbell) from the post office!
    Nope, just my platinum prize from Nintendo...

Argh, such a tease.

My Santa has been quiet... Too quiet...
    not really, you may remain silent, santa

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Thats it! Last two things bought and sent! The perfect thing too after the last set of gifts which were a little 'darker' than what a santee would expect :twisted:

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    GiftGet.gif

So my Santee Proxy'd a message that said a lot of awesome stuff about zombies, and that I should begin expecting their rise from the grave in early December. I was not disappointed!

Images and awesome in spoiler!
    A new challenger appears, and the ghosts of PA Secret Santa Past are curious
    DSC_0034.jpg

Jesus grabs a piece and pulls it from the grave
    DSC_0035.jpg

Yesssss this is awesome! I've been aching for a reason to grab this, because it combines my favorite things; zombies, red dead redemption. Previous gifts approve!
    DSC_0037.jpg

This is gonna be aweeesommeeee
    DSC_0040.jpg

Thank you mysterious Santa! I've been trying to reverse stalk all day with no luck... yet.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    gift ge---damn it, false alarm.

On the bright side, cool shoes!
    img03151.jpg

The box these came in was entirely too large for the contents so I didn't think it would be them.
    Interesting note, I don't think I can wear those brown ones unless it's summer and not raining. Not sure why I bought them living in the midwest United States in December.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Oh man, I just got gift bombed! it was awesome!

I'll have pics once I get the chance to plug my camera in, but this was totally unexpected!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Buddy Christ pulling the game out of the packet gets a thumbs up from me. :^:

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is the gift wall down for anyone else?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yep, down for me too.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:

No mention of the tiny nativity scene hanging out beside the TV? No room at the inn, indeed.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Prepare Santee, I will be shipping your gifts tomorrow. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh man, Santee. I hope you like what I've been working on. I ended up crafting a second gift for you.

I've been hammering away at it.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    you guys really shouldn't have! 8->

edit: to be more useful, santee, i will hopefully be sending your gift this week. i need a big box.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    All your stuff is sitting here... I really just need to get around to getting paper to wrap things.

It's been a busy few weeks. Quit judging me Santee!!!

• Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    check your email @The_Mantiz there's extra e-cheer contained within!

Oh man, thats so great! :D

GiftGet.gif
    Skrmbillede2011-12-06kl085454.png

I heard it is like the new Deus Ex game, which I loved, so this will be fun to play.

After I'm done with Terraria.....

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    I fully support that gift.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    That's a mighty fine gift, you've got there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I purchased and shipped my Santees gifts last week. My mind isn't really on Christmas anymore since something went very wrong with the electrics in our house (the kitchen sink is live!) and I fear that when the electrician has come and gone my free cash budget will have dropped off a cliff.

Ho Ho freaking Ho.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

No mention of the tiny nativity scene hanging out beside the TV? No room at the inn, indeed.

We're festive as shit.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I'll warn you now, the gameplay is a little rough but the story is a wonderful thing to watch as it unfolds.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I'm so glad I purchased and shipped my Santees gifts last week. My mind isn't really on Christmas anymore since something went very wrong with the electrics in our house (the kitchen sink is live!) and I fear that when the electrician has come and gone my free cash budget will have dropped off a cliff.

Ho Ho freaking Ho.

That really stinks. I worked as an electrician for 2.5 years and I've seen some pretty odd things, but never a live kitchen sink!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Well it zaps you, but only in a mild 'ow' way like an electric fence. Not full on mains connected shooting across the room stuff (thank god!)

From my terrible understanding of electricity I think that means our faults are twofold. (a) Something has a neutral to earth short. (b) Our earth circuit is failing to actually earth and so the sink (which is also earthed) is picking up the charge. If I'm right then I'm just bloody glad it wasn't a live to earth short or my wife discovering the issue would have been a much more horrific affair.

I really hope the nice man who knows what he is doing can put all the electrons back where they should be tonight, and that doing so doesn't involve ripping up floor boards or any similar Christmas killing expenses.

I am frazzled both mentally from stress and physically from touching the sink at the moment!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote:

Ho Ho freaking Ho.

That really stinks. I worked as an electrician for 2.5 years and I've seen some pretty odd things, but never a live kitchen sink!

Clearly you weren't trying hard enough. =P

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GIFT GET!

So I was able to grab my parcel from the local post office last night. My Santa was truly awesome, so much good stuff.

Pictures of the awesomeness will be up tonight.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    It's snowing here! You kind of have to squint to see the snowflakes, but they're there.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    All we've been getting here is rain. The really big snows usually happen in March.
    One time it snowed on my birthday... in mid-April.
    Kentucky is weird.

• Options
    Alright, Santee, your gift is going out today!

It has been assembled and sat on:

95a6cc36.jpg

And also danced on:

3bb06daa.jpg

• Options
    Just got the e-mail, Santee, that your package has been picked up for shipment! Woo! No estimated delivery date yet though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    My santee's gifts are on their way!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    It's funny how owning a cat has made me go from "Ragh, I hate cats. They're all stuck up jerks that poop in the landscaping." to "KITTY!!!" every time I see one.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    And my santee's package is off in the mail. Hooray!

I suppose I should have taken pictures.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    AaronKI wrote:
    It's funny how owning a cat has made me go from "Ragh, I hate cats. They're all stuck up jerks that poop in the landscaping." to "KITTY!!!" every time I see one.

Yeah, I have owned cats all my life, but it wasn't until this one that I came to love them. The previous cats were years ago when I lived with my Mom, and they were always terrible little beasts. This one is incredible.

When I was ready to snap those pictures, I called her name. A few seconds later she comes trotting into the room. She sniffs the package on the ground. I pat it a few times. She hops on and sits down.

Cats are rad.

Figgy on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I too have sent forth to my santee a helping of Christmas cheer.
    Of course, my santee living so much closer to the north pole then I do, it will take some time to get to you, but the nice lady at the post office (who I'm pretty sure was actually a poorly disguised elf) said it should be there before Christmas.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Double joy!

(1) Apparently my mutant power is sensitivity to tiny currents that nobody else can feel. Not the most exciting crime fighting potential but according to the sparky it cut what could have been a day of fault searching into 10 minutes of me with my finger on the sink reporting if I could feel buzzing or not while he pulled out fuses.

Turns out it was a neutral/earth short somewhere in the shower circuit in the end, the kitchen stuff being a false alarm due to the earth feeding back through the house. Now we just have to pull up stuff in the attic to see if anything obvious has happened to the wire or if it is the shower itself.

Seeing as the shower is currently spanner operated it was about time we got around to replacing the thing anyway. Christmas is back on!

(2) Today's advent calendar chocolate is meant to be Santa but is clearly actually Cthulhu.

a04c16fe.jpg

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Awesome!

And that's not just Cthulhu, that's fetus Cthulhu.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293