As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They [Chat]

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    And maybe only Elldren gets that joke.

No. I think a lot of us got it but were too busy curled up in balls in the corner to comment.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    I had a migraine earlier today and slept it off and still have a headache. Poop.

Are you drinking enough water?

Probably not. I've been drinking a lot of diet soda. :P

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Who has a day off tomorrow which means he has an opportunity to check in on [chat] for the first time in 4-5 days?

Me.

Hi [chat].

you're a terrible dad you haven't fed us in five days

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I should rest more

and drink more fluids

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    I had a migraine earlier today and slept it off and still have a headache. Poop.

Are you drinking enough water?

Probably not. I've been drinking a lot of diet soda. :P

Drink some H2O, dooder.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    what's brown and rhymes with snoop?
    dr. dre

aaaaaagh

whats the difference between a cat and a comma?

a cat has claws on the end of his paws, while a comma is a pause at the end of a clause

What the difference between the Buddy Rich orchestra and a Moose?

The Moose has the horns in the front and the asshole in the back.

dude I think I heard my granddad tell this one once

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Who has a day off tomorrow which means he has an opportunity to check in on [chat] for the first time in 4-5 days?

Me.

Hi [chat].

you're a terrible dad you haven't fed us in five days

You fuckers need to learn how to provide for yourselves!

Spread your wings and fly, my children.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Me.

Hi [chat].

How's the re-instatement of your old job treating you?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    That whale joke was awesome, Cass.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Living alone perk I miss the most: A bathroom that I never need to wait in line to use.

Luxury.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    A man walked into a bar, deeply depressed and in search for some meaning. Feeling a growing pain in his stomach, he asked the bartender for the cheapest meal he could give. In front of the man was laid a sickly looking sweet potato.

The man then sparked a bit of a conversation with the potato, which while it may seem impossible to an ordinary man is quite normal when you're as depressed and as hungry as he.

"Where did you come from?" Asked the man, still too sad to eat and yet too awake to stay quiet.

"A farm" Answered the potato.

The man began to sob.

"How similar we are. You, a potato, born to be devoured by men, and I, a man, born to be devoured by worms."

The potato shrugged.

"Eh, its not so bad. We all get eaten eventually. I've lived a good life. Met a good potato-girl who became my potato-wife, had a couple of taters."

"But," Said the man, "Don't you have regrets? I for one have lived my whole life in a mad scramble to extend my life. A cyclical dance of pointlessness."

"No," Said the potato, taking a drink from the mans glass of water, "I have no regrets. If I had built a tower, it would have fallen. If I had built a name, it would have been forgotten. I did what made me happy, and whatever I get in death is exactly what I deserve."

The man shook his head.

"No no, you've got it all wrong. I want to be important! I want to achieve! I want people to remember me!"

The potato smiled.

"You are, in your unimportance, important. Its because of the ant drones that the queen has any importance or means of survival at all. Contextually in society, you are, in your seemingly pointless life, the very essence of collective importance. Because of the boring people in society, we have the exciting people! Without the boring, then we'd all be exciting, which would become the new social norm. Therefore, because it would become common-place, it would in effect become the new "boring" of society, while the original boring would, in their rarety, become the new "exciting". You may think that the celebrities that lounge around lazily are the most important of people, but it is by your hard-work that they exist at all."

The man shook his head.

"I don't understand..."

The potato smiled again.

"Its simple. Society has social castes. Therefore, because of the existence of a lower caste, aka your caste, there exists an upper caste. Because of the "unimportant" men and women who work all day every day, we have the "important" achievers who are considered "rare". And remember, without the "common" there is no "rare". Contextually, you give them their very purpose of existence. You need each other, and therefore are of equal importance."

The man began to smile.

"So who... What, are you?"

The potato thought for a moment.

"You kill me, eat me, and I extend your life. I am food. I am a sacrifice."

The mans smile shrunk.

"But what are you? You're a living thing- You feel pain, you can communicate, you have a will to survive... What seperates you from me, a man? What are you?"

The sweet potato shrugged.

"I yam what I yam."

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Living alone perk I miss the most: A bathroom that I never need to wait in line to use.

Luxury.

Get a nicer place with more than one bathroom, you hippie.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Labels aren't all bad.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cass: yesssssssssssssssss

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Thom how old are you again

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options

Luxury.

Get a nicer place with more than one bathroom, you hippie.

Oh sure, you can afford it, 1%-er.

Tee-hee. I'm way too stupid to be posting right now.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    what is age, really

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Wash wrote:

• Options
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Damnit Cass

Damnit

• Options
    See I posted that video, in case it wasn't clear enough

because Thom is like the old man with the Betty Grabel reference

that is Thom in this scenario.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Me.

Hi [chat].

So when they laid me off after the 3rd week in November, they gave me two weeks warning, which was fair given the circumstance. All the same, the reality is my mood and morale suffered, and I wasn't as productive or as efficient as I could have been. I still cared about the final product, but that's just a thing with me and food and separate from the job itself.

Now they bring me back, and I know I'm only there for 3 weeks, so I'm pretty much in that exact same mood, except this time surrounded by slightly crabbier coworkers because it is the Christmas rush season!

All in all though it's been pretty good (and very busy), and it is nice to be back with the guys and gals again. Thanks for asking!

How have you been doing since last I spied upon you here in chat? :P

• Options
    Wash wrote:

So why aren't you making me my money?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Fucking finally. Youtube on Xbox.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elki wrote:
    Fucking finally. Youtube on Xbox.

no shit?

Feral on

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Me.

Hi [chat].

So when they laid me off after the 3rd week in November, they gave me two weeks warning, which was fair given the circumstance. All the same, the reality is my mood and morale suffered, and I wasn't as productive or as efficient as I could have been. I still cared about the final product, but that's just a thing with me and food and separate from the job itself.

Now they bring me back, and I know I'm only there for 3 weeks, so I'm pretty much in that exact same mood, except this time surrounded by slightly crabbier coworkers because it is the Christmas rush season!

All in all though it's been pretty good (and very busy), and it is nice to be back with the guys and gals again. Thanks for asking!

Average these days.

That's unfortunate that they're not bringing you on full-time, duder. I think you should open a B & B. I've decided this is the thing you should do.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Wash wrote:

So why aren't you making me my money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjAyQzjBmhE&feature=related

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    As a post-script to my life update, I may be receiving my "tip-out" at the company christmas party, which is a little exciting because it should be huge, given that I was pretty much the one-man operator of the golf course pub for the last 2+ months of the season.

Or rather, there was a second guy, but he bailed when the season ended because he was scared to work either in banquets or on the line of our high-end restaurant, so fuck him and give me all the money.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Howdy chat.

• Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    The male pronouns (he, him, his) are used
    throughout this book. We hope this won't be interpreted
    by anyone as an attempt to exclude females
    from the game or to imply their exclusion.
    Centuries of use have made these pronouns neutral,
    and we feel their use provides for clear and
    concise written text.

I like when books actually just alternate he and she

seems better than doing this disclaimer

I like using "they".

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    Had a moment like this at work a couple weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue-ax6ulk9Q&feature=related

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:

Me.

Hi [chat].

Average these days.

That's unfortunate that they're not bringing you on full-time, duder. I think you should open a B & B. I've decided this is the thing you should do.

It's a golf course, I knew what I signed up for when I joined them in the spring :).

But I have all sorts of options, though opening a place of my own is not among them! That would be my mother's dream, however, and she'd likely finance that experiment in failure. But I do not have the confidence nor skill nor experience to be trying anything crazy like that.

Instead, I shall apply at the big hotels downtown and get a job in their big lazy kitchens and get rich with their unionised pay, or I may sit on my ass for a few months and wait for the next golf season.

I mean what I SHOULD do is obvious, but what's easier and lazier is the dumb idea.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    so fuck him and give me all the money.

That should be your catchphrase.

• Options
    Why you getting down on yourself? I mean I can respect someone that can see, "I don't have the organizational skills for this." However, with your quick wit here, I doubt that's the case. Just keep it in your mind as you gain more experience.

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Maybe I can get the fuck out of here soon

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Aha! This has been stuck in my head for most of the day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5v1z6L6Fw&feature=related

• Options
    so fuck him and give me all the money.

That should be your catchphrase.

It is, verbatim, a phrase I used when having a conversation with one of my sous-chefs regarding year-end tip-out.

He nodded sagely and then laughed. I can only assume that that is a good sign!

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    oh my god what
    I was totally excited for that when it came out

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    oh my god what
    I was totally excited for that when it came out

It has stuck in my head for years. Every once and awhile I think IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON

This discussion has been closed.