As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote:
    Jeeze how long does it take to ship something from Ohio to Canada? I sent it out last Tuesday :(

At this time of year? Depends on how grinchy Customs is feeling. I certainly wouldn't be concerned before ten working postal days have passed (and our post doesn't deliver on Saturdays).

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yay! It finally arrived!! No problem at all good sir. :) It should have been there so much sooner, but the order was cancelled and I was scared! Glad it got there! Merry Christmas! :)

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Oh god damn it post office guy.

I just looked at my receipt and Good news/bad news.

Good news: Santee, you have a package in the mail.

Bad news: apparently while discussing the difference between parcel and priority mail, the guy at the counter took my "Priority's fine" to mean send it parcel post. Also I asked for a tracking number on it and he attached a delivery confirmation to it. Unless I'm looking at this wrong though there's no way to track it in transit, just when it gets delivered. So I'm sorry Santee you'll have to wait about a week till your package arrives.

I feel bad now. And I was excited thinking I'd sent my gift off in time for Christmasing.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    If it's the same as mine there should be tracking on it. Is it a bright green tag? Should have maybe a 20 digit line going up the side (turn it to read it).
    Or if he just hosed you then...well, then that guy just sucks.

Santee, I hope you have your package now/soon/maybe?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Anyone who has an Android phone or tablet go get the Free App of the Day from Amazon. It's an interactive pop-up storybook for A Charlie Brown Christmas. The sound is like an old 45, the narrator is the original Charlie Brown, and the parts are from the old TV special. LOVE IT.

Free Christmas Cheer gifted to us all via Amazon!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    urahonky wrote:
    Yay! It finally arrived!! No problem at all good sir. :) It should have been there so much sooner, but the order was cancelled and I was scared! Glad it got there! Merry Christmas! :)
    I literally can't believe you couldn't ship me the game in your original order because the shipping address was different from the billing address, that's just ridiculous. What is this, internet circa 2002?

edit - ahh my gift get got bottom paged, here it is again in spoiler town:

GiftGet.gif
    On Last Month's episode of Gift Get my secret santa totally gifted me a copy of Skyrim, and there was much rejoicing, but he decided to remain secret as apparently another gift was coming. I was both sad and excited.

well guess what suckers! SECOND GIFT GET! woooooo

IMG037.jpg
    oh shit dawgs, it came with priority!

IMG038.jpg
    oh shit fancy wrapping and card action!

IMG039.jpg
    Urahonky has revealed himself to me! I love that guy!

IMG040.jpg
    Oh shit! That is some Grade A Stalking.

Valkyria Chronicles is my Great White Whale! I rented it years ago when it first came out for PS3 and loved it but only got 1/3rd of the way through or so before I had to return it. It only came out in a small run in Canada and is no longer available in stores and hasn't been since basically the first week it came out back in 2009. Every Single Time I pass through a mall I walk into EB Games and check if they have any used copies. I've been doing this for like 2 years. Usually they won't have any but every so often they'll have a copy used that they are selling for 40 bucks up here which I refuse to pay since you can get it for like less than 20 in the States (if you can find it).

VC along with Skyrim was a Secret Santa wish come true! Thanks so much Urahonky, also holy crap I can't believe you spent so much money on me!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Getting nervous, Santa.

Just sayin'

• Options
    PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    Santa: I still haven't received your non-Amazon package and we are leaving for a week so I guess the gift opening will have to wait. Hopefully the postman is nice and puts it under the porch awning if it comes while we are gone! :)

• Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    I was really hoping my Santee would get his gift by today. Maybe he has and hasn't had a chance to post yet.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Just want to say to my santa that I haven't received my gift yet and apparently I'm supposed to be getting it today. This is not an angry post, I'm just letting you know that I get on a plane tonight so if I don't respond in the next week it's not that I'm being a dick I just won't get it until I get back!

• Options
    DawasaurusDawasaurus In a forestRegistered User regular
    So close. Christmas is almost finally heeeeere.
    I did all of my gift-shopping in October (and all the gift-baking, yesterday), so I've almost forgotten what I got for everybody.
    We'll be having our family celebration tomorrow night, since everyone is busy sunday.

You guys want some really easy recipes? For brownies and fudge?

Cocoa Powder Brownies:
    I've tried recipes that use squares of baker's chocolate, but you only get one or two recipes out of each package. But you can get lots of batches of brownies out of one container of cocoa powder! And it can be used in cookie recipes, too. That way, if you crave brownies in the middle of the night, you don't need to say "darn, but we don't have any chocolate."
    Recipe:
    Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt. (Optional: 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts... but I always just go nut-less.)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9"x9" pan. Get microwave-safe bowl, and melt the butter in there, then mix in the sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gradually stir into egg mixture until well-blended. (Optional: add nuts.) Spread batter into your pre-greased pan, then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brownie begins to pull away from the pan. (Note: It only takes about 18 minutes in my oven.) Let cool, before cutting.

Microwave Fudge:
    This is the easiest thing. Everyone go make fudge.
    Recipe:
    Ingridients: 1 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 ounce can), 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Get a 9"x6" pan or something, and line it with foil. Set aside.
    In a microwave-safe bowl, dump in all the ingredients, and microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for another minute.
    Pour into pan and spread out. Chill for thirty minutes, or until firm. Then cut into squares and devour.

You can store it at room temp for up to 1 week. Not that it will last that long without being eaten.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Dawasaurus wrote:
    Microwave Fudge:
    This is the easiest thing. Everyone go make fudge.
    Recipe:
    Ingridients: 1 12-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 ounce can), 1 tablespoon water, 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Get a 9"x6" pan or something, and line it with foil. Set aside.
    In a microwave-safe bowl, dump in all the ingredients, and microwave on high for one minute. Stir. Microwave for another minute.
    Pour into pan and spread out. Chill for thirty minutes, or until firm. Then cut into squares and devour.

You can store it at room temp for up to 1 week. Not that it will last that long without being eaten.

I have to try this.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I know what I'll be doing in the morning, I love fudge!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    I've got a Valkyria Chronicles guide around here somewhere, I should gift that guy out somewhere.

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Getting nervous, Santa.

Just sayin'

Same. :(

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Chen wrote:
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    Getting nervous, Santa.

Just sayin'

Same. :(

In the same boat as you guys. Not really 'nervous' per se, but more anxious! I don't know if mail runs tomorrow, so if you didn't get today, maybe sometime early next week.

Time to start prepping for Xmas Eve, and putting together the kiddo's gifts! My daughter's getting a bike and a bunch of Spongebob Lego sets from Santa... I'm kinda itching to put the sets together myself :D

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Nervous is right. I sent my package a month and a half ago, and he hasn't even logged into PA since the 1st of December. 2 proxy messages have fallen on deaf ears :( I hope he's OK. He doesn't seem like a really active member, but it just feels strange.

edit: Hmm he's been on Steam as of 5 days ago, so he's gotta have received both messages.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hillean wrote:
    I've got a Valkyria Chronicles guide around here somewhere, I should gift that guy out somewhere.
    Oh really.......

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I'm not worried, the best bit is stalking my Santee and then making their present. I'm more worried about a birthday present for a 9 year old that was posted on 14th that still hasn't arrived - its her birthday today :(
    It's a USB drum kit.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think my gift should be arriving today, Santee. If the tracking and Googlemaps are correct, it is about 12 minutes from your town. Perfect timing or I am a lucky late shipper? You decide!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Hillean wrote:
    Oh really.......

Hey hey hey! Hardtarget's mine!

• Options
    urahonky wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Hillean wrote:
    Oh really.......

Hey hey hey! Hardtarget's mine!

Haha! I'll sift through my box o'guides (used to run a GameStop, kept one of each guide when we pennied them out), I'm sure it's sitting between CE editions of Assassins Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 books. I'll throw up pics if I can manage to locate it, it was a big help on my VC playthrough!

greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    So, I checked my E-mail this morning, and it appears that I need to make a GiftGet.gif post.
    Since this didn't come through the regular old fashioned mail, I can't ask my trusty bomb sniffing dog to inspect it. She's pretty hopeless when it comes to all things technology, in fact she's pretty hopeless when it comes to anything not fetching related.
    She's too busy playing in the snow anyway, and would happily let a bomb explode if it threw the ball for her while doing so.
    002.jpg

Instead, I'm going to have to pull out an old assistant of mine to inspect this gift to insure it's safe...
    clippy2.jpg

Fortunately, Clippy's always willing to help, even (and especially) when you don't want him to do so.
    Clippy-gift.png

OK, so he wasn't particularly helpful.
    Anyway, here's the email, as well as ominous(?) hints of more to come.
    Skyrim.gif

Yup...Looking at that avatar, the hint is definitely ominous.
    Thank you @Szechuan, my current unemployment is slightly less bleak with the prospect of butchering dragons in it.

Edit: Yeah, it's Skyrim. Probably should have mentioned that somewhere after I had cut the actual information out of the screenshot.

see317 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    I think my gift should be arriving today, Santee. If the tracking and Googlemaps are correct, it is about 12 minutes from your town. Perfect timing or I am a lucky late shipper? You decide!

Yours should also be today, so be on the lookout. :D

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    see317 wrote:
    So, I checked my E-mail this morning, and it appears that I need to make a http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/ArcSyn/GnT Secret Santa 2010/GiftGet.gif post.
    Since this didn't come through the regular old fashioned mail, I can't ask my trusty bomb sniffing dog to inspect it. She's pretty hopeless when it comes to all things technology, in face pretty much anything not-fetching related.
    She's too busy playing in the snow anyway, and would happily let a bomb explode if it threw the ball for her while doing so.
    002.jpg

Instead, I'm going to have to pull out an old assistant of mine to inspect this gift to insure it's safe...
    clippy2.jpg

Fortunately, Clippy's always willing to help, even (and especially) when you don't want him to do so.
    Clippy-gift.png

Skyrim.gif

Yup... definitely ominous.
    Thank you @Szechuan, my current unemployment is slightly less bleak with the prospect of butchering dragons in it.

Is it Skyrim?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    So, I checked my E-mail this morning, and it appears that I need to make a http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/ArcSyn/GnT Secret Santa 2010/GiftGet.gif post.
    Since this didn't come through the regular old fashioned mail, I can't ask my trusty bomb sniffing dog to inspect it. She's pretty hopeless when it comes to all things technology, in face pretty much anything not-fetching related.
    002.jpg

clippy2.jpg

Clippy-gift.png

Skyrim.gif

Is it Skyrim?

Bold would suggest so.
    Tally it up!

Is it wrong that I can't wait to get away from home so that I can finally put together part two of my gift?

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    see317 wrote:
    So, I checked my E-mail this morning, and it appears that I need to make a GiftGet.gif post.
    002.jpg

clippy2.jpg

Clippy-gift.png

Skyrim.gif

I'm glad you like it! Hopped right on here when I saw the status change in Steam. :p

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    C'mon santee, pictures! Actually, been a while since you posted.... Hope everything is alright.

• Options
    I...I might have a gift here. I am prepping potential pictures....

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif

@elevature is a classy goose!

Right before I had to leave for my parents' place for the holidays, a wild package appeared! Unfortunately my phone camera ate the photo of the letter, which I will have to edit it in later.

Anyway, for now I will paraphrase said note for your reading pleasure:
    "Dear Szechuan,
    Because I am ridiculously generous, I evidently feel guilty for only gifting you the following:
    UMd8Z.jpg
    A second package should be arriving soon with another game to make up for my horrible gaffe. Please don't report me to Hypatia, I know two games and a book isn't much but I really think you'll like them!

Hugs and kisses,
    -elevature"

A friend got me the Zombie Survival Guide last year, so the grand pairing is complete! Switching majors gave me some extra time to read, and I can't wait to dig into it.
    You were right on the money with Enslaved, too! I have heard really good things from other forumites, but it sort of fell off the radar before I had the time/cash to play it.

As for the other package, I won't be back home for about six days. The suspense is going to kill me.

Thanks, elevature!

Szechuan on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GiftGet.gif

I think I just made the longest spoilered post in any secret santa thread on this board ever. Enjoy!

Oh yay! A box!!
    6565127173_342540ef23.jpg

We got someone to open it. Get to work.

6565127457_161c32e4a7.jpg

Ahh! Get that box out of there. One of our brothers!
    6565127657_cf04ed035f.jpg

Aaaahhhhhhhh!!
    6565127813_f241ce6998.jpg

One. Two. Three. LIFT!

6565128415_08ebaa96d4.jpg

Oh poo! The Wee Ninjas have been thwarted and their brother will be corrupted!
    6565128861_0c00b05a28.jpg

"Are you kidding me? Builder Ninja's slow brother?" -Evil Assitant
    6565129297_ed3a524b9a.jpg

"Open this darn thing!" -Evil Assistant
    6565129859_64a82b9db7.jpg

Gift #3 (1st - indie bundle, 2nd - slow ninja)
    6565130329_a1e188b239.jpg

Help arrives!
    6565130855_7153ebb6d5.jpg

As slow ninja opens the gift, White Ninjas attack with snowballs!
    6565131397_8ac4a8d8ec.jpg

Gift #4 is a little scary for the Ninjatown gang.
    6565131969_594d4543fa.jpg

All gifts together (minus the indie bundle of course).
    6565132567_72a40f082b.jpg

Maybe next year, baddies!
    6565133185_47461d6744.jpg

Slow ninja was then accepted into the group. DANCE PARTY! *fistpump*
    6565133659_53f275b8b3.jpg

Anoffday has seemingly had an Anonday. Huh? Huh?! *sigh*

Thanks for everything! I can't wait to jump in to my books.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well this should be a delicious

GiftGet.gif

I went downstairs to see 4 packages this morning! two of them where for a housemate (boo). Two of them where for me!

No pets, but my trusted coffee mug is ready to cut someone or something
    1000951y.jpg

what an oddly shaped package. Oh well.

for now lets cut what we can
    1000952s.jpg

alright everyone out of the box.
    1000953a.jpg

one by one their secrets come out.
    1000954.jpg
    1000955nx.jpg
    1000956i.jpg
    1000958n.jpg
    1000959z.jpg
    1000960b.jpg

Soooo much candy. This foreign candy will have to be handled with extreme caution.

Wait! What happened to that odd looking fellow. He escaped earlier by being uncuttable by being protected by solid duct tape, packaging, and bubble wrap. Hmm... Time to find out.

removing packaging and seeing bubble wrap shouldn't smell so delicious.

It's!

actually... I don't know. It looks good though.
    1000961f.jpg

Now please. Someone let me know what these foods are that I'm about to be eating a lot of.

Thanks again @LewieP's Mummy!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Awww snap Eccles cakes are so great.

Smear some butter on those bad boys.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    TeeMan wrote:
    Nervous is right. I sent my package a month and a half ago, and he hasn't even logged into PA since the 1st of December. 2 proxy messages have fallen on deaf ears :( I hope he's OK. He doesn't seem like a really active member, but it just feels strange.

edit: Hmm he's been on Steam as of 5 days ago, so he's gotta have received both messages.

Hello and welcome from your santee!! I apologize for taking my sweet-ass time!! I love your gift, and as a fellow artist I understand the long hours required by the craft. Really, I'm sorry for not at least letting you know I got your package. I've been busy as shit but that's no excuse!

Without further ado:

GiftGet.gif

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2027%2059.jpgPhoto%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2028%2043.jpg

Oh, for me? What a sexy card! Let's see, it says to open the three individually wrapped gifts in order...

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2005.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2014.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2023.jpg

Holy shit! A Bitter Luigi triptych! This is the best damn secret santa of any kind I have ever received (sorry secret santa from a few years ago, your pound of fudge and goodies was excellent but this is better). I can't believe you'd put so much work into a gift for a total stranger like me (who was a total dope about being grateful).

Thank you so much and I hope you can forgive me!

Agentflit on
  • Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Oh shit I also got a delicious bar of white chocolate in the box, I shared it with my girlfriend and she says thank you as well!

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    GiftGet.gif

I think I just made the longest spoilered post in any secret santa thread on this board ever. Enjoy!

Oh yay! A box!!
    6565127173_342540ef23.jpg

We got someone to open it. Get to work.

6565127457_161c32e4a7.jpg

Ahh! Get that box out of there. One of our brothers!
    6565127657_cf04ed035f.jpg

Aaaahhhhhhhh!!
    6565127813_f241ce6998.jpg

One. Two. Three. LIFT!

6565128415_08ebaa96d4.jpg

Oh poo! The Wee Ninjas have been thwarted and their brother will be corrupted!
    6565128861_0c00b05a28.jpg

"Are you kidding me? Builder Ninja's slow brother?" -Evil Assitant
    6565129297_ed3a524b9a.jpg

"Open this darn thing!" -Evil Assistant
    6565129859_64a82b9db7.jpg

Gift #3 (1st - indie bundle, 2nd - slow ninja)
    6565130329_a1e188b239.jpg

Help arrives!
    6565130855_7153ebb6d5.jpg

As slow ninja opens the gift, White Ninjas attack with snowballs!
    6565131397_8ac4a8d8ec.jpg

Gift #4 is a little scary for the Ninjatown gang.
    6565131969_594d4543fa.jpg

All gifts together (minus the indie bundle of course).
    6565132567_72a40f082b.jpg

Maybe next year, baddies!
    6565133185_47461d6744.jpg

Slow ninja was then accepted into the group. DANCE PARTY! *fistpump*
    6565133659_53f275b8b3.jpg

Anoffday has seemingly had an Anonday. Huh? Huh?! *sigh*

Thanks for everything! I can't wait to jump in to my books.
    Agentflit wrote:
    TeeMan wrote:

Hello and welcome from your santee!! I apologize for taking my sweet-ass time!! I love your gift, and as a fellow artist I understand the long hours required by the craft. Really, I'm sorry for not at least letting you know I got your package. I've been busy as shit but that's no excuse!

Without further ado:

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2027%2059.jpgPhoto%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2028%2043.jpg

Oh, for me? What a sexy card! Let's see, it says to open the three individually wrapped gifts in order...

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2005.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2014.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2023.jpg

Holy shit! A Bitter Luigi triptych! This is the best damn secret santa of any kind I have ever received (sorry secret santa from a few years ago, your pound of fudge and goodies was excellent but this is better). I can't believe you'd put so much work into a gift for a total stranger like me (who was a total dope about being grateful).

Thank you so much and I hope you can forgive me!

I don't think these photos are linked quite right... maybe you guys should try imgur or photobucket? Those work pretty well in my opinion!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I see both of our images! Anyone else confirm that the images are fine?

edit: I used Flickr for mine. I pay for an account there and used it last year with no issues.

edit: If you can't see them, here is the album.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see them fine... I still don't know what to eat though.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Not Bounty. It's nasty! Ferrero Rocher on the other hand... mmmm. I should buy a box right now! And ship it to my santee!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    OK, I don't know what those Super Pro K.O. books are...but the so just got added to my Amazon wishlist because they look awesome.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636