As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Chen wrote:
    Not Bounty. It's nasty! Ferrero Rocher on the other hand... mmmm. I should buy a box right now! And ship it to my santee!

alright you've intrigued me. Mmm, it's a thin layer of chocolate around a large solid center of coconut. It's good. I'm glad she sent me a few smaller ones though. A big bar would probably be entirely too sweet to eat at once.

I should really eat some real food before I pig out on more sweets though.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Ok my Santa has sent me the tracking number for my gift a few weeks ago but it's going by post and I won't be at that addresse till after the holidays. Please don't ban him/her! I will post ASAP when I get back.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Looks like my santee isn't going to get their stuff until after Christmas :(

It was a strange address/postage situation. I do have the postage receipt and pics but will happily resend the non-local things in a more reliable form if they don't arrive.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    OK, I don't know what those Super Pro K.O. books are...but the so just got added to my Amazon wishlist because they look awesome.

Have you ever heard of Ultimate Muscle? It is kind of like that, but not exactly. I recommend them for sure. It is an Oni Press book, so it comes from the people that brought us Scott Pilgrim.

Also, Santee, YOUR PACKAGE IS OUT FOR DELIVERY!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote:
    OK, I don't know what those Super Pro K.O. books are...but the so just got added to my Amazon wishlist because they look awesome.

Have you ever heard of Ultimate Muscle? It is kind of like that, but not exactly. I recommend them for sure. It is an Oni Press book, so it comes from the people that brought us Scott Pilgrim.

Also, Santee, YOUR PACKAGE IS OUT FOR DELIVERY!

Wait, huh? Now I want them.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Agentflit wrote:
    TeeMan wrote:
    Nervous is right. I sent my package a month and a half ago, and he hasn't even logged into PA since the 1st of December. 2 proxy messages have fallen on deaf ears :( I hope he's OK. He doesn't seem like a really active member, but it just feels strange.

edit: Hmm he's been on Steam as of 5 days ago, so he's gotta have received both messages.

Hello and welcome from your santee!! I apologize for taking my sweet-ass time!! I love your gift, and as a fellow artist I understand the long hours required by the craft. Really, I'm sorry for not at least letting you know I got your package. I've been busy as shit but that's no excuse!

Without further ado:

GiftGet.gif

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2027%2059.jpgPhoto%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2028%2043.jpg

Oh, for me? What a sexy card! Let's see, it says to open the three individually wrapped gifts in order...

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2005.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2014.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2023.jpg

Holy shit! A Bitter Luigi triptych! This is the best damn secret santa of any kind I have ever received (sorry secret santa from a few years ago, your pound of fudge and goodies was excellent but this is better). I can't believe you'd put so much work into a gift for a total stranger like me (who was a total dope about being grateful).

Thank you so much and I hope you can forgive me!

Horray I'm so glad you got it!! :D Bitter Luigi took me many, many hours to do but it still gives me a good chuckle whenever I see it. I hope it makes you laugh too, for a long time to come :) Merry Christmas!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmm, these crunchie bars are delicious. I've never had a honeycomb covered in chocolate before.

• Options
    initiatefailure, I looked at your signature and I can't wait to hopefully get JP for the 360 tonight. Yay Christmas!

Santee, post that shit. I swear you got it! ....*checks usps*.... It was delivered!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, these crunchie bars are delicious. I've never had a honeycomb covered in chocolate before.

They get dangerous in this form.

img_6300.jpg

Bags of those can disappear worryingly quickly.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you like the crunchies, just don't let Astillac know I sent you some, she'll be green with envy! I didn't expect the Eccles cakes to arrive yet, I sent them slower mail! There is one more parcel to arrive, and I had thought there was another small thing in the box with the socks in it, that was the reveal? Maybe I put it in the last parcel - I wrote on it to not open til parcel 3(the painting) arrived. Any way, happy Christmas!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    OMG CRUNCHIES! OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you like the crunchies, just don't let Astillac know I sent you some, she'll be green with envy! I didn't expect the Eccles cakes to arrive yet, I sent them slower mail! There is one more parcel to arrive, and I had thought there was another small thing in the box with the socks in it, that was the reveal? Maybe I put it in the last parcel - I wrote on it to not open til parcel 3(the painting) arrived. Any way, happy Christmas!

Hmm... I should double check the box.

Oh wow there is something. Tiny Homemade lego USB drive!

What's on it? First glance and I could be wrong on a couple of these artists but it seems to be an alternative and indie UK mix tape (plus 1 punk song)! I love it so far. I'm very into music and especially a lot of this music so that was an excellent idea. Also some cool progress shots of the painting. You're right that would have given it away if I saw it before the finished piece.

Also a nice letter.
    Somewhere in the cold North West of England

Dear initiatefailure/Dirtyharried,
    Stalking you was a challenge – you have sneakily kept your facebook closed so I couldn’t find out who your friends or family were; you’ve stopped playing MMORPGs and your friends on the games I tried stalking you haven’t replied to requests for information, so I’ve had to resort to looking at your steam and amazon wishlists, as well as consulting a couple of PA locals as to what I should send you. I even looked on Google Earth to see where you live!
    Firstly, I hope you like the LEGO – I nearly glued fingers on both hands together producing this, as well as changing the finish on my PC desk – so glad I didn’t use my oak dining table!
    Everyone needs socks, so you had to have some.
    Also, as I’ve found out at PAX, everyone loves English chocolate, so you have a few things to sample. Eccles cakes are made in the next town from where I live.
    I was utterly shocked to find you did not own Limbo – I met the dev at PAX East, (he now works for the people who produced Hitman) and he is a very lovely bloke. Everyone should play Limbo. I was going to buy it you on Steam, but you beat me to it, grrr!
    Someone told me you like Kinder eggs – in fact you used to get them in food parcels from Germany when you were younger, so I thought I’d include some.
    I hope you like the music – just thought I’d add a few of my favourite tracks.
    Watch out for your main present, it should arrive in the next couple of weeks.
    I’m sorry for the delay in sending out your presents, hope they reach you before Christmas.
    Happy Christmas,
    Santa xxx

I didn't realize stalking me would be that hard. Sorry I locked my facebook down as much as I could for that transition from student to professional because everyone makes a big deal out of employers checking facebooks of hires. I am interested in who you tried to get a hold of in what games though? And Limbo would have worked had another forumer not gifted it to me the instant it went on sale during that lead-up to christmas daily deal.

question though: do you recommend the cakes hot or cold?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Crunchies - The best chocolate bar known to man.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Come USPS...don't be lying to me.
    I think they're lying to me.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I always assumed the buzzcocks where more like the Ramones. Consider me more learned now that I have listened to your sountrack.

Re: Custom, it's the United States Postal Service! If they can't be trusted who can?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I always assumed the buzzcocks where more like the Ramones. Consider me more learned now that I have listened to your sountrack.

Re: Custom, it's the United States Postal Service! If they can't be trusted who can?

:\

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Oops. I canceled a Steam invite from someone that I realized was from PA after the fact. Hopefully that wasn't Santa related.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just so that everybody knows, I'm not a Grinch, I've been working feverishly for the last few weeks with my Santee to get them a proper gift, but literally every single thing that could have possibly gone wrong so far has. So this may go beyond Christmas for me, but I assure everyone that my Santee will be getting gifts.

And just to show everyone that I am still in the ho-ho-holiday spirit, the next two people to post something holiday related that is hilarious get a free month of PSN+.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    How about this? I just went to my wife's grandmother's Christmas dinner and witnessed her mom trip and fall face first into the mashed potatoes.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote:
    How about this? I just went to my wife's grandmother's Christmas dinner and witnessed her mom trip and fall face first into the mashed potatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011

:\

what, so I didn't know exactly what the buzzcocks sounded like before just now.

Oh the post office. Is it something bad?

edit: oh also, I got a monster truck in my first kinder egg... that is all.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    We eat the Eccles cakes cold with a cup of tea.
    I'm glad you found the LEGO USB, I went through 3 craft knife blades and 4 pieces of LEGO before I got it right, and I'm so dangerous with superglue! I've also made a Harry Potter wand USB for a friend for Christmas, but I used epoxy resin to glue it together.
    I hoped you'd like the music, it is all UK indie bands, it was hard choosing songs for you, cos there's so much good stuff to chose from.
    Happy Christmas!

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Radiohead - Creep

Merry Christmas!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    I am heading down the street to my Sister's place for most of the night. Hopefully my Santee got his/her gifts tonight as stated by USPS.

PRESENNTTTSSSS!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    It's Christmas day in the UK!

Merry Christmas all!

• Options
    So it is, happy Christmas everyone xxx

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

I loled, send me a PM and I'll reply with the code.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote:

I loled, send me a PM and I'll reply with the code.

Yay! Thanks!

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Seeing as the day as basically over, just about anywhere in the US, I don't think my Santee will be getting gifted today. :(
    Hopefully it shows up soon, seeing a gift post is the best feeling!

That's right, that gift I stalked you about and bought all that stuff for you?
    It's really all about me!!

Custom Special on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    My Santee needs to discover his gifts already ... I'm going to be another one of 'those' who reminds everyone to check their emails AND junk mails. ;P You know, unless you don't want CHRISTMAS JOY.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Merry Christmas, everyone! Still Christmas Eve here in the EST, but I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a Merry Merry!

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas everyone. It may sound weird, but I consider each and every one of you to be my friend. The fact that we manage to pull this off every year, and manage to consistently outdo ourselves every time, is simply mindblowing. I've spent a lot of time on the internet and frequented a lot of forums, but you guys are easily the best of the best.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    @redfield85 I got your gift! though because my family is all "what its a christmas present you cant open it now what the hell is wrong with you" I cant open it yet. I know its you because reverse stalking (sorry!) just letting you know that it arrived safe and sound yesterday. Pics tomorrow night, I promise!

• Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Wow just hit xmas here - midnight on the dot. Merry christmas everyone, I love seeing all the cheer being spread!

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hillean wrote:
    urahonky wrote:
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Hillean wrote:
    I've got a Valkyria Chronicles guide around here somewhere, I should gift that guy out somewhere.
    Oh really.......

Hey hey hey! Hardtarget's mine!

Haha! I'll sift through my box o'guides (used to run a GameStop, kept one of each guide when we pennied them out), I'm sure it's sitting between CE editions of Assassins Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 books. I'll throw up pics if I can manage to locate it, it was a big help on my VC playthrough!
    I actually got frustrated and stuck on one mission before I returned it so any tips would be handy now that I have it again!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I'm stealing this from SE++'s Christmas thread:
    Dox the PI wrote:

The Calvin & Hobbes snowman strips were always some of my favorites.

Still about 15 minutes to go until Christmas here. In the meantime I'm sitting in the glow of the Christmas tree, sipping spiced apple cider, and watching film noir detective movies. It's a pretty good night.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Iruka wrote:
    @redfield85 I got your gift! though because my family is all "what its a christmas present you cant open it now what the hell is wrong with you" I cant open it yet. I know its you because reverse stalking (sorry!) just letting you know that it arrived safe and sound yesterday. Pics tomorrow night, I promise!

Did the box arrive safe and sound? I worked oh so hard on the outside art...like...a whole 15-20 minutes before shipping! :P

While it isn't exactly the best cardboard art ever, I thought it was funny since I actually PMed you a month or more ago (pretty recent) about cardboard art in general and I happened to be your Santa.

I am glad you got it though. Besides saying "Fuck yeah!" in the letter, everything is appropriate to be opened in front of the family. Merry Christmas!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    @Figgy, I had no idea those Ben & Dan games were adventure titles. What's more, it's on the Adventure Engine, which I love!

I'm stuck already :P

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Gift Get!

Just received a Kindle book, If You Survive, via Amazon gift! Thank you so much Santa, I'm going to start reading it tomorrow! Also, big gift post coming on the twenty seventh once I get back to San Diego and play through the TF2 map and open my gifts! Sorry for the delay!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone gets what they want especially my Santee @Alegis.

The following will either be the final piece of the puzzle and you'll can finally enjoy the remainder of your gifts, or the postal service has completely screwed this up and my Santee will have no idea what I'm talking about:

8 to the left.
    20 to the right.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."