The Format War to End Soon

1235»

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Why, again, do I need HD? I watch a movie to be entertained. I don't watch a movie so I can see every last drop of sweat as it appears on the pores of the actor.

Planet Earth

Few shows have the production quality and budget of Planet Earth.

Heh. What I meant was Planet Earth itself is enough of a reason to go HD. :)

Though I do agree with Expendable to an extent. When I watch HD movies I am more wowed by the scenery in a HD movie. Seeing actor's scars, pimples, wrinkles and other blemishes is not a plus for me when it comes to HD.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    expendable wrote: »
    Why, again, do I need HD? I watch a movie to be entertained. I don't watch a movie so I can see every last drop of sweat as it appears on the pores of the actor.

Planet Earth

Few shows have the production quality and budget of Planet Earth.

Heh. What I meant was Planet Earth itself is enough of a reason to go HD. :)

Though I do agree with Expendable to an extent. When I watch HD movies I am more wowed by the scenery in a HD movie. Seeing actor's scars, pimples, wrinkles and other blemishes is not a plus for me when it comes to HD.

Heh, yeah.

HD is nice, and generally, I enjoy it when I watch it, but I don't see it as a necessity. I think one of the issues of the HD market is the assumption that just because something is new, people will want it.

Evander on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    HD doesn't mean you see pores. Not only can makeup do damned near everything, but so can some after editing.
    Ant000 wrote: »
    Rook wrote: »
    Ant000 wrote: »
    2.35:1 is the future
    Well, I've been hopeing at least.

Man if I ever see black bars on my flat/wide (16:9) HDTV because it becomes not wide enough, I'm going to cry :).

Have you tried watching any films made in the last 10 years?

Yes...

As far as I know all the DVD's I have are 16:9, unless I didn't even notice...which would be funny :).
    Most movies are shot in 2.35 and then scaled down. Which means, a 2.35 screen with the right projector and lense, correcdts this scaling by magnifying everything in the right proportion.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!