Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Trimble87 wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    First time I've been scared of a game character. Not creeped out or jump scare like in Resident Evil or Eternal Darkness but more " What the fuck is that... OH GOD IT'S GETTING CLOSER WHY ARE MY BULLETS NOT KILLING IT!?!?"

Enemy type:
    Banshee.

This is the exact same reaction I had.

Dear god this.

Especially as a soldier with a Revenant. Every 'Final Stand' scene in every movie you've ever watched plays out before you.

DAKKADAKKKDAKKADAKKADAKKA
    "It's not stopping!!"
    "It's still not stopping!!!"
    "WHY DON'T YOU DIEEERRGGHH*HRK!**SPLUTCH*

• Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    I will say that so far Mass Effect 3 has managed to turn the Mass Effect series into my favorite video game series ever.

There is so much I just love about ME3; the way the characters interact and change, and Shepard growing a personality and the amazing cinematography of it. It threw me out of my Bioware comfort zone in the best way possible and makes everything familiar and also exciting because it is fundamentally structured differently.

It is a very rare game that has me feeling so strongly about so much.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Whooooa. Side quest tiny spoilers.
    The DLC from game ONE had a returning dude. Amazing.

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    Dude, Grissom Academy is the best.
    Jack as a teacher is the best, man, because it's both hilarious and perfect in like a really weird way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I played some multiplayer. Um, now I have default femshep face. And I'm level 1.

What?

Nevermind. So I left multi hit resume. Was a level 1 default femshep infiltrator with all my progression done. Reloaded from quicksave, everything's back to normal.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Want to play some Mass Effect 3, but have no cash monies? Don't want to support the EA machine? Do I have the solution for you! Enter my giveaway, and you could possibly win a digital download copy of the game. Sure, you still have to install Origin but at least they don't have your credit card!

So Handgimp, how do I enter? Easy, just put on your thinking cap and grab your pen. Write me the most creative Mass Effect fanfic you can devise. Short form is fine, and nothing is out of bounds. Want to explore the hidden sexy times of Commander Shepard, penile ambassador to the stars? By all means! Ever been curious about the Geth perspective on things? Explore it with dialogue! Surprise and amaze me. I'll be sure to share the best with everyone else. Right now I only have one key to give away, but if the quality is up there I'll buy more.

Submit all entries by PM. Thank you, good night and good luck.

Edit: Upon popular request, artwork is an acceptable medium. However, I will judge it more harshly as I didn't think of it.

Ah, I'll likely end the contest Friday night/Saturday morning. Plenty of time to work on your submissions.

Oh geez, I'm almost ashamed of the shit I wrote over the past couple hours for this.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Jack as a teacher is the best, man, because it's both hilarious and perfect in like a really weird way.
    Plus nipples? It must be pretty fucking cold in that place

The swapping of discs is getting a little old on the 360. I've literally had to swap out discs for every other major mission. It seems like priority missions are all on Disc one and all N7/side missions are on disc 2.

Kind of an odd design choice. The annoyance is compounded, though, because of how tightly the CE case holds discs. I feel like I'm going to have to break the disc to get it out if I put it into the second slot.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular

The swapping of discs is getting a little old on the 360. I've literally had to swap out discs for every other major mission. It seems like priority missions are all on Disc one and all N7/side missions are on disc 2.

Kind of an odd design choice. The annoyance is compounded, though, because of how tightly the CE case holds discs. I feel like I'm going to have to break the disc to get it out if I put it into the second slot.

Seriously, best joke in the game so far:
    Talking about how Jack is supposed to stop swearing, and Joker makes a swear jar joke. Then Jack is like, "kids cover your ears" Joker F---

fade to black.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular

Installing doesn't make that go away?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Installing doesn't make that go away?

Nope. It just makes it all load faster. But the 360 still requires disc swapping, installation or not, when there are multiple discs. It's really stupid. ME2 had it too but, maybe due to the way the game was paced, or something, it was more like, first half of the game was disc one second half disc 2. Most games are like this.

Just a very odd design decision on Biowares part to split up the missions like that between discs.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    thegreatcow! I was in like, 3 games with you on my engineer

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

Talking about how Jack is supposed to stop swearing, and Joker makes a swear jar joke. Then Jack is like, "kids cover your ears" Joker F---

fade to black.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
    They never get interruptions right. It's always [line] [half second pause] [interruption]. I mean, I've seen it done, even in a video game, I think, I wish they would fix it.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

fade to black.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
    They never get interruptions right. It's always [line] [half second pause] [interruption]. I mean, I've seen it done, even in a video game, I think, I wish they would fix it.
    Unless I wasn't playing close enough attention, this one was pretty good at the actually interrupting interrupt. I was all semiexcited about
    Jack getting to open up on Joker, then "F[cut to black]"

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Considering how full of awesome bro moments ME3 has, I'm disappointed that there's no fist-bump action in multiplayer. Like if you rez a bro and then he and kills the last enemy in the wave within 5s and you are still close by, you should be able to hold melee to fist-bump. Or something like that. Multiplayer feels strange that way, that it gives me no in-game means of expressing broness, unlike the single player game.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Also, Wrex's mission on the Salarian home world I brought along Garrus and DLC squaddie.

Sooooo man dirty looks from the Salarians at Wrex whenever he said something.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    Considering how full of awesome bro moments ME3 has, I'm disappointed that there's no fist-bump action in multiplayer. Like if you rez a bro and then he and kills the last enemy in the wave within 5s and you are still close by, you should be able to hold melee to fist-bump. Or something like that. Multiplayer feels strange that way, that it gives me no in-game means of expressing broness, unlike the single player game.

Remember years ago when we were making fun of Army of Two for allowing you to fist bump? Now people are requesting the feature.

The times they are a changin'.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    If people want to shoot mans in multi im override367 on origin

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

No way! I thought I was the only one worried about the discs breaking. I've found it helps to kind of poke the individual disc-claws down while pulling at it.

Anyway, ME2 character in ME3 spoiler:
    "I was the very model of a scientist salarian..."

:(

• Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    If anyone is looking to play some multi on the 360 feel free to add Crashtard to your friends list. I'll most likely be on around 10 est tonight.

I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Got my Drell Adept to 20.... to promote... or not to promote.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    My final mission squad: Infiltrator Femshep, Garrus, and Liara. The best friends squad. Garrus and Liara have done the most for Shepard and there's nobody else who I'd trust for this final battle.

This is what you get for yelling at me on Horizon, Kaidan!

Also screw Tali.
    She joins like half way through in 2 and 3, jeez.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

Yeah, well, they once said that they would fix Garrus's face in ME1, so I'll believe this when I see it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    ME3 Spoilers for Tuchanka:
    The mission to cure the genophage was great. I liked that I was able to tell Wrex and Eve about the Dalatrass' attempt to cut a deal.

Mordin's death really tugged at my heart strings; especially when they played Vigil's theme during it. And then after THAT was over I get Thane's death on the Citadel.

This game really pulls no punches at times.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    So is all this ending hate due to the fact that folks are getting the crappy ending by not playing the multi player to beef up the war efforts?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    So is all this ending hate due to the fact that folks are getting the crappy ending by not playing the multi player to beef up the war efforts?

There is no "amazing" or "crappy" ending.
    There is a very small extra scene in ONE of the three endings which you unlock by having 4500+ military strength.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    I think it is more that the ending is a bit of a 'WTF.' I've got a lot of game to go before I find out though.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

There is a very small extra scene in ONE of the three endings which you unlock by having 4500+ military strength.

i thought there were 6 endings?

• Options

Three.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    James SheperedJames Shepered Registered User regular
    I need some help with two side quests on the Citadel--finding the next clues for the hanar and the prisoner Bailey tells me to go talk to. I'm loving this game but the Journal is seriously messed up--as quests update, the journal doesn't like in the previous games.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular

Three.

but casey said..

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    original versus new ending discussion
    if the the new ending is because they had to change the old ending where the reapers were the good guys, i can see why...

it was literally the plot from alastair reynolds revelation space series lol

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    thegreatcow! I was in like, 3 games with you on my engineer

Oh snap thanks! I'm so sorry I left In The middle of that chain of games man, you were awesome. I'll definitely add you to my origin FL, I'm usually on in the evenings post 7pm pacific time. :)

• Options
    HandfalconHandfalcon Registered User regular
    Just had my internet connection fart out on me at the start of Wave 9. Awesome. Why aren't XP and credits awarded at the time of earning in multi? Too much stuff to manage during the gameplay? Easier to send one packet to the client at the end?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I love how everyone but me has the geth plasma shotgun online but me. I''ll take the Graal, just give me one!

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    How do we MP together?

is there a friends list? I'm mojojoeo on there too.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Wow... Umm, Bioware. My FemShep is talking an awful lot without any input from me. And I'm like 30 minutes in, at that. I was trying not to pay attention to the warnings, thinking they were overblown, but yikes.

• Options
    That happens a lot more in the beginning than later on. Don't worry.

• Options
    I love how everyone but me has the geth plasma shotgun online but me. I''ll take the Graal, just give me one!

the plasma shotty is insane

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Wow... Umm, Bioware. My FemShep is talking an awful lot without any input from me. And I'm like 30 minutes in, at that. I was trying not to pay attention to the warnings, thinking they were overblown, but yikes.

Yeah, it's worse in the beginning, gets better later. It's still there later, but it's usually based on what options you picked before. So, for example, if you pick a Paragon option, Shepard's going to say the next few lines as a paragon, as opposed to just the next one.

Unrelated, how spoilerific are the titles of the soundtrack songs?

• Options
    Hey, anybody know which N7 ME2 missions you need to do for War Assets in 3?
    I think it's the quarian and Javelin missiles, especially since they're the only ones that both mean anything and have assets on the respective planet, but I'm not sure.

This discussion has been closed.