Options

[Mass Effect]: Victory & Commendation Packs out! Mark ALL spoilers or BANSHEES!!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So I actually played a little of my Turian Soldier last night (only alien I've unlocked besides Salarian Engineer). Actually pretty fun. I absolute *hate* the Assault Rifle I picked (Vindicator apparently sucks), but I had the Mantis Sniper Rifle and was having so much fun watching Cerberus dudes' heads exploding :D

P.S. - All of the voices in MP are terrible (I always make fun of the Human Male "I GOT IT!!!!!" line) but my god, Turian seems to be one of the worst. Doesn't even sound like a Turian. Just some random dude.

I swear to christ the quarian's randomly shout "bananna"

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Klyka wrote: »
    Geth Plasma Shotgun is the best weapon in the game, all you guys are just hatin'.

Klyka has embraced the one true path, soon, all others will realize what I said a few threads back: The Geth Plasma Shotgun makes any class good.

Seriously, best gun in the game for anything ever. It does wtfbbq damage, has a massive range, is disturbingly accurate, and doesn't weigh much considering how it can blow holes in planets an entire system away.
    You can no longer keep it charged while using powers (i.e. charge). Ruined.
    Not actually that bad of a nerf. The GPS is fucking ridiculous even after the nerf and being able to hold a charge while farting out powers that pull guys out of cover was kinda broken. My Drell Adept is still gonna rock this thing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Tuchanka spoilers:
    :whistle: I am the very model of a scientist salarian. :whistle:

:cry:

i_hug_that_feel.png

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    For real.
    To me at least, the saddest moment ever in a video game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    For real.
    To me at least, the saddest moment ever in a video game.
    This is why you let Wrex die.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    oh also, vanguards: asari vs. human go

For Bronze / Silver, Human. For Gold, Asari.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So I actually played a little of my Turian Soldier last night (only alien I've unlocked besides Salarian Engineer). Actually pretty fun. I absolute *hate* the Assault Rifle I picked (Vindicator apparently sucks), but I had the Mantis Sniper Rifle and was having so much fun watching Cerberus dudes' heads exploding :D

P.S. - All of the voices in MP are terrible (I always make fun of the Human Male "I GOT IT!!!!!" line) but my god, Turian seems to be one of the worst. Doesn't even sound like a Turian. Just some random dude.

I swear to christ the quarian's randomly shout "bananna"
    i thought this too

but it's actually "for Rannoch" like the krogans say "for tuchanka" and the asari say "for thessia" etc.

i hear the claymore got a damage buff

i ought to try that on a salarian infiltrator or something

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Hewn wrote: »
    You're not fooling me. You love the shit out of Mass Effect.

look all i'm saying

if there is poop in a cake

it is not the cake's fault that there is poop in there. it was still goddamn delicious cake.

but nobody would blame you if you went a bit off chocolate cake after that.

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    dinnae ken, like

given that some folk are okay with the end of the cake maybe its more like having some, i dunno

liquorice? on your cake? maybe?

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    It's just a bit "nutty."

So, I was also thinking about going back and replaying ME1 sometime soon, so I could have a legitimate Broshep save. And now I'm remembering how less good the combat was than the next games...

Were there ever any successful mods for ME1?

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    It's just a bit "nutty."

So, I was also thinking about going back and replaying ME1 sometime soon, so I could have a legitimate Broshep save. And now I'm remembering how less good the combat was than the next games...

Were there ever any successful mods for ME1?

one thing that makes ME1 better is removing all cooldowns

you get to spam powers and so do your enemies

shit starts FLYING EVERYWHERE

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I seem to recall ME1 combat being at least bearable if you knew what you were doing and specced really good right out of the gate. It has been about 3ish years since I played it last though.

Or when all else fails, throw Singularities on everything.

Edit: Also, 99% of the enemies were Geth so AI Hacking FTW.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I seem to recall ME1 combat being at least bearable if you knew what you were doing and specced really good right out of the gate. It has been about 3ish years since I played it last though.

Pretty much this. ME1 is pretty easy to munchkin if you have prior knowledge of what the game is going to throw at you which makes the combat almost hilariously fun.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Pretty much this. ME1 is pretty easy to munchkin if you have prior knowledge of what the game is going to throw at you which makes the combat almost hilariously fun.

Maybe my problem is that I have almost a psychotic need to be able to persuade everyone as much as possible, so I always put points in charm as much and as soon as I can (to the detriment of my fighting abilities).

Man, whatever angst anyone has about the 'loss of RPG elements' in Mass Effect, I sure am glad we don't have to put points in persuade/intimidate anymore.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Unlocked the Geth Plasma Shotgun last night. Dear lord that thing hits hard. Love the gun. Hated that I paired it up with a krogan sentinal that I specced full melee. The krogan hard melee is a bitch and a half to aim properly. I died way to many times thanks to the AI deciding that it could start moving when I started a heavy melee which ends up with me missing, then whifing all subsequent attacks because im standing right next to it. Need to learn to headbutt.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Indoctrination
    theory- whoa

This guy is updating his video with evidence as far back as ME1 and the novels. Its up to 22 minutes and grows almost every couple of days, he is good at editing.

And interesting addition that is oh so subtle is...
    When you shoot anderson- you hear both shep and anderson make a pain reaction noise as if shot. two voices, not one.

Also in the new edition is the rachni queens recounting of what indoctrination feels like from ME1. Oil shadows in hallucinations... where do we see those?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

On the other hand conspiracy theories start because the human mind WANTS to tie everything up and make sense of things.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Maybe my problem is that I have almost a psychotic need to be able to persuade everyone as much as possible, so I always put points in charm as much and as soon as I can (to the detriment of my fighting abilities).

Man, whatever angst anyone has about the 'loss of RPG elements' in Mass Effect, I sure am glad we don't have to put points in persuade/intimidate anymore.

As I recall, ME1 has ways to cheese the dialog for either infinite paragon or renegade points, which I think actually translated to XP in that game if I'm remembering right (since I do remember you had to spec into charm/intimidate ;P).

I forget where the renegade one is, but the paragon one was on Noveria.

Either way, I remember distinctly using this just to make sure I had full Charm for my "good" playthrough so I wouldn't miss anything important. And I still had lots of points leftover to make combat pretty easy.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Indoctrination
    theory- whoa

This guy is updating his video with evidence as far back as ME1 and the novels. Its up to 22 minutes and grows almost every couple of days, he is good at editing.

When you shoot anderson- you hear both shep and anderson make a pain reaction noise as if shot. two voices, not one.

Also in the new edition is the rachni queens recounting of what indoctrination feels like from ME1. Oil shadows in hallucinations... where do we see those?

On the other hand conspiracy theories start because the human mind WANTS to tie everything up and make sense of things.

My feeling is still that it wasn't intended (at least with the final, shipped product... it does sound like it was at some point which is probably why those plot threads still exist). But this would probably be the best way to "fix" the ending if they wanted to do so.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like I completely jacked up my Quarian Infiltrator by taking the duration boost on Sabotage instead of the bonus damage.

I thought it was like old Sabotage where it stopped enemies from shooting during the duration, and hacked enemies never even last ten seconds let alone fifteen.

Does promoting or whatever back to level 1 reset your skills?

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Indoctrination
    theory- whoa

errr, no.
    conspiracy theories start because people believe that what is being presented to them is false and the true motivations/machinations of people in positions of authority are far more devious.
    which in this case isn't even a fair use of the word. I would not consider trying to add such a huge twist an act of malice of deceit.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I am nearing the end of a ME1 SuperParaShep (only Renegade thing she's done so far is shoot Rana, that asari researcher on Virmire. Because screw that chick) Sentinel on Insanity, and it's actually not all that difficult (well, the Hunt missions on Pinnacle Station were a bitch because of the time limit). Power spam makes every situation managable, and as much as I hate the inventory system, once you get over level 50 (I'm 56 at the moment, mostly because I haven't killed a single thing with the Mako's guns, I always get out and kill even thresher maws on foot), your gear is astounding.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I am nearing the end of a ME1 SuperParaShep (only Renegade thing she's done so far is shoot Rana, that asari researcher on Virmire. Because screw that chick) Sentinel on Insanity, and it's actually not all that difficult (well, the Hunt missions on Pinnacle Station were a bitch because of the time limit). Power spam makes every situation managable, and as much as I hate the inventory system, once you get over level 50 (I'm 56 at the moment, mostly because I haven't killed a single thing with the Mako's guns, I always get out and kill even thresher maws on foot), your gear is astounding.

The great thing about Pinnacle Station is that once you beat it and get the house (which I totally should have been able to go to in ME3! *grumble*) you can order random weapons and armor which should be the highest (or close to the highest) quality in the game (you may need to be in the 50s range for the best stuff, but I think it's always "the best for your level" which is good). Which is fun :D

When I am done running everything I'm semi-tempted to just play a "fuck it" run through of all three games where I don't care about min-maxing and just pick whatever dialog choices I like, even if they are renegade.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I feel like I completely jacked up my Quarian Infiltrator by taking the duration boost on Sabotage instead of the bonus damage.

I thought it was like old Sabotage where it stopped enemies from shooting during the duration, and hacked enemies never even last ten seconds let alone fifteen.

Does promoting or whatever back to level 1 reset your skills?

My understanding is that being reset to level 1 has to reset your skills. Otherwise what would be the point in leveling again?

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ...you can kill maws on foot?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Honk wrote: »
    ...you can kill maws on foot?

Yeah, they aren't even that hard. I think the one in ME2 is harder.

Just dodge their spit because it hurts a lot :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Indoctrination
    theory- whoa

Swear to God, the first DLC will probably end up being
    Shepard waking up, going to the bathroom and seeing Bobby in the shower.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    That was a well edited video, mojojoeo. I'm still not convinced, but I've got to give that guy props for a nice presentation.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have found my one hang up in multiplayer is weight. I just can't bring myself to be less than +100%. I guess it comes from my Shep being an engy and slinging powers like a newjack. I keep getting rare shotguns but they're all so damn heavy I just feel like I'm gimping myself by not being able to throw powers constantly. I mean, the powers are actually doing things like crippling enemies (overload? overload.) and killing armor (warp? incinerate). Do people find that these builds I see people rocking with both a sniper and a shotty actually do well? Even on my sniper characters I only carry the rifle.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Indoctrination
    theory- whoa

Swear to God, the first DLC will probably end up being
    Shepard waking up, going to the bathroom and seeing Bobby in the shower.

Yours for 20 bucks.

And is that not worse than the current situation?
    That would mean on purpose or due to not finishing they tanked the ending to sell DLC/ just hope thay can finish it in the future with DLC. Should not the capping of a 5 year triology be complete?
    Dashui wrote: »
    That was a well edited video, mojojoeo. I'm still not convinced, but I've got to give that guy props for a nice presentation.

Yup. he is good at what he does agree or no.
    @dashui if you dont buy this idea, how do you view the ending? just curious?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mass Effect is not a subtle game.
    All these indoctrination theory details would only ever be detected by nerds going over each frame of the game to find something suitable for their explanations. If there was a real indoctrination situation going on in the ending, we would be hammered over the heads with it, not get Buzz Aldrin saying everything turned out okay MY SWEET

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    just watched the "garrus - the dark knight of omega" video he made. so damn good.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I have found my one hang up in multiplayer is weight. I just can't bring myself to be less than +100%. I guess it comes from my Shep being an engy and slinging powers like a newjack. I keep getting rare shotguns but they're all so damn heavy I just feel like I'm gimping myself by not being able to throw powers constantly. I mean, the powers are actually doing things like crippling enemies (overload? overload.) and killing armor (warp? incinerate). Do people find that these builds I see people rocking with both a sniper and a shotty actually do well? Even on my sniper characters I only carry the rifle.

Engineer basically doesn't even need a gun.

They are space science wizards throwing lightning bolts and fireballs all day errday (unless you're a crappy Quarian, in which case you're freezing and burning things I guess)

Chain Stun Overload is just too good.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Didn't one of the trailers/previews or something have
    Kai Leng bursting through the sky light in Shep's cabin. with his sword out and shit like some assassin wannabe.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Neli wrote: »
    All these indoctrination theory details would only ever be detected by nerds going over each frame of the game to find something suitable for their explanations. If there was a real indoctrination situation going on in the ending, we would be hammered over the heads with it, not get Buzz Aldrin saying everything turned out okay MY SWEET

Or they sopranos'ed it up in the final chapter and left us the tiniest clues that pull many tiny threads together to one definitive conclusion.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    My Salarian Infiltrator carries only the Widow I which leaves him with just +11%, and does pretty well despite the 5 second cooldown on Energy Drain and 6 seconds on Cloak. I'm going to try out the Mantis X and see if that makes him more effective (wish I got the Valiant instead of the Crusader, ah well).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options

I feel you on the gimping part. My Engineers are monstrously powerful simply because I can pump out overloads(or drain shields)/incinerate/drones every 2.5ish seconds with a pistol. Overload/drain shields are ridiculously useful. Switching up to a sniper rifle means doubling that time and thats almost acceptable, but I will not carry a backup weapon as it adds just to much weight at that point. Same thing with have a shotty on a Vanguard. The powers are more useful than the shotgun, but damnit I want the shotgun!

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Or they sopranos'ed it up in the final chapter and left us the tiniest clues to one definitive conclusion.

Yes this seems like a totally realistic and fair assumption :D
    "not only did we make the ending of ME3 purposefully bad, we also made it untrue! Find out the real, satisfying TRUE ending in a DLC!"

It would be the dumbest shit they've done and seems incredibly far fetched to me. It would be much better to just release a DLC that fleshes out the ending with more details of the aftermath, not one that overwrites the ending entirely.

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I feel you on the gimping part. My Engineers are monstrously powerful simply because I can pump out overloads(or drain shields)/incinerate/drones every 2.5ish seconds with a pistol. Overload/drain shields are ridiculously useful. Switching up to a sniper rifle means doubling that time and thats almost acceptable, but I will not carry a backup weapon as it adds just to much weight at that point. Same thing with have a shotty on a Vanguard. The powers are more useful than the shotgun, but damnit I want the shotgun!

I think powers for damage and CC are more op than weapons too. So having more powers faster is better than tons of guns.

Or they sopranos'ed it up in the final chapter and left us the tiniest clues to one definitive conclusion.

Yes this seems like a totally realistic and fair assumption
    "not only did we make the ending of ME3 purposefully bad, we also made it untrue! Find out the real, satisfying TRUE ending in a DLC!"

It would be the dumbest shit they've done. It would be much better to just release a DLC that fleshes out the ending with more details of the aftermath, not one that overwrites the ending entirely.

100% agree. And its one of the reasons I think it cant be true. That situation is more aweful than the current one.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

My engineer has an Avenger VIII or so and he's at 194% recharge. I figured that's good enough and a bit better as a weapon than the pistol.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hewn wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I necessarily wouldn't count on me running into that. Ever.

And by ever, I mean the realistic length I'd play a multiplayer game like ME3--i.e. a few years.

I had good luck in the demo--nabbed a Widow in a few packs--but this is quite different.

I'm sure this has been said, but skip the veteran packs and just save up for Spectre packs. You get that gold plated guarantee of a rare item. I've unlocked about 80% of what I'd want by following this rule.

I would do that, but I seriously doubt I have the patience to do it. There's a reason you're the first person to suggest that to me, I think.

The improved veteran packs? Yeah, I can manage that. But given what I've read in this thread about so-called "better payoff", I think it might just infuriate me further. To be fair, I'm only at 36 or so overall--so spending twice as much time to get a pack that turns out to be just as useless (no rifles! Really! Thanks, game! And fuck you too!) might be too much.

Once I'm around twice that, only getting specter packs is a lot more viable.

EDIT: Then again, my one gold so far was the ability to carry 3 ops packs as oppose to 2. Unless that Salarian infilitrator that I won't use for want of a good rifle counts. So maybe I actually have had good luck thusfar.

Synthesis on
This discussion has been closed.