Options

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Do you want some MMA news? Of COURSE you do!

So what has Nick Diaz been up to since his suspension? Apparently, he's getting ready to choke fools: http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/03/diaz-scheduled-for-bjj-super-fight-18310.html

Here's something to add to what Sweeney posted about Pat Lundvall: http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7659:pat-lundvall-finally-responds-to-king-mo-calling-her-a-racist-bitch&catid=34:organizations

And here's a picture: http://yfrog.com/f2a51nj

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »
    NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall spoke today. Yay, so this means she admitted she shouldn't have asked King Mo if he could read English!

Oh no, that would have been a smart thing. Instead, she said she'd do it again, and the only thing she's upset about is all the negative publicity this generated.

Pat Lundvall:
    I've employed it in the past, I will employ it in the future because I think it's a necessary foundational line of inquiry. There is what they call an attestation or affirmation statement right above his signature that says, 'I attest or I swear that the information on this form is true and correct. On occasion, we have had athletes that told us, 'English is not my first language.' Or they've said, 'No, I don't read English, so therefore, I just sign what somebody put in front of me.' And so that means something, at least to me, when it comes to trying to take those issues into account if the information on their pre-fight medical questionnaire may not have been truthful or accurate. That's all I was trying to accomplish. In the long run, it's for everybody's protection, including Mr. Lawal's protection. Do I regret that his feelings were hurt? Of course. Do I regret the questioning I made of him? Absolutely not.

What the fuck
    I missed this thing. What's wrong with asking a fighter if he can read?

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, we actually have some MMA next week! Feel like making some guesses / picks:

Pickett v Page: UD
    Johnson v Maguire: Sub
    Siver v Nunes: UD
    Thiago v Bahaetc... UD
    Stann v Sakara: TKO and FON
    Gustafsson v Silva: TKO

Some solid fights all told, I think Maguire is one of the best prospects at WW right now, extremely well rounded.

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    UFC (@ufc)
    3/30/12 12:46 PM
    RT @Jonnybones: There's no more "brothers" there's no more old teammates, rashad is the enemy right now in every way, shape, and form.

Chael brings the truth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mvB391KDTE

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    The reason Paul Harris used to live under a bridge is because he was actually one of the bridge supports

When he left the bridge still didn't fall down, because it was petrified in fear that Paul Harris would come back

This was a good post.

• Options
    I want Chael and Bisping to form some kind of Trollface tag team.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall spoke today. Yay, so this means she admitted she shouldn't have asked King Mo if he could read English!

Oh no, that would have been a smart thing. Instead, she said she'd do it again, and the only thing she's upset about is all the negative publicity this generated.

Pat Lundvall:
    I've employed it in the past, I will employ it in the future because I think it's a necessary foundational line of inquiry. There is what they call an attestation or affirmation statement right above his signature that says, 'I attest or I swear that the information on this form is true and correct. On occasion, we have had athletes that told us, 'English is not my first language.' Or they've said, 'No, I don't read English, so therefore, I just sign what somebody put in front of me.' And so that means something, at least to me, when it comes to trying to take those issues into account if the information on their pre-fight medical questionnaire may not have been truthful or accurate. That's all I was trying to accomplish. In the long run, it's for everybody's protection, including Mr. Lawal's protection. Do I regret that his feelings were hurt? Of course. Do I regret the questioning I made of him? Absolutely not.

What the fuck
    I missed this thing. What's wrong with asking a fighter if he can read?

While it is a typical foundation building question, these questions are normally asked at the start of the proceedings. In fact, (according to King Mo when he was on MMA Hour at least), he had already been asked these foundation questions including this one. This question occurred 20 minutes into the proceedings and was preceeded and followed by, what King Mo claims, was a rude attitude from Lundvall.

King Mo went on to explain that the question and attitude made him upset because it reminded him of racist remarks that had been directed to him in the past.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lundvall's explanation is so weak, though. "I ask that question all the time, especially when dealing with someone who's native language isn't English, so blah blah blah"...You had been talking to the man and he's from the United States. You don't ask a question like that unless you're trying to be a raging douche.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Gentleman, truly random drug testing may have claimed it's first victim.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alistair-overeem-fails-pre-fight-drug-test-likely-out-of-ufc-146-title-fight.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Start taking bets on who will take his place against Dos Santos. Plenty of guys on that card alone that could step up. My guess is they draft either Mir or Velasquez. Don't think they could really sell anyone else as being worthy.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alistair-overeem-fails-pre-fight-drug-test-likely-out-of-ufc-146-title-fight.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Start taking bets on who will take his place against Dos Santos. Plenty of guys on that card alone that could step up. My guess is they draft either Mir or Velasquez. Don't think they could really sell anyone else as being worthy.

nooOO!!

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Damnit Alistair, does your love of horse meat know no bounds?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

Fedor Emelianenko.

Seriously though, there's still the "B" sample. I'm highly disappointed in Overeem, but random testing like this should have been implemented long ago so that UFC fighters wouldn't be enticed to cheat.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    And once again, Beel's here to explain why it's actually all Dana White's fault

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    If they actually got Fedor, the collective MMA community would shit all over it's internetz.

• Options

And Kana's here on cue to handwave away Dana White's involvement.

• Options
    I really wanted to see this fight.

Cain would deserve the fight the most, I guess. Yes he's coming off a loss, but it was a very quick loss that can barely be called a fight. I'd like to see them try again... though not right now.

Mir is coming off 3 wins in a row, including an extremely impressive submission win over Nog. On paper he should get it, but JDS is so much better than any of those guys he's fought; hell JDS has beaten all those guys, and Carwin as well, who beat the stuffing out of Mir.

Werdum is also an option, especially with his HL reel win over Nelson.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    fuuuuuuuuck I wanted to see that fight

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    [Tycho?] wrote: »

His 3 round HL reel decision win? :P

Cain and Werdum do have a score to settle with JDS though.

• Options
    Could this be Kimbo's chance to return?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Reem should just pretend he told someone he had a medical exemption even though he never has.

• Options
    Oh for fucks sake!

Reem, why did you have to blow your biggest shot? Will he be cut?

Fucking fuckity fuck.

• Options
    There had better be a Reem episode devoted to this.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    the standard procedure is either 6 months or 1 year suspension

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • Options

NNNnnnnnooooooooo

• Options
    Overeem can't be suspended as he only had a conditional license and it has expired?

He had not yet filed to get a new license. I don't know how that would effect stuff, but

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

And what involvement is that, exactly?

• Options
    Can't we just shoot junior full of horse hormones for this fight, call it even, and then kick suspend Reem afterwards?

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i wonder if he can read english

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options

And what involvement is that, exactly?

I already pointed it out in the statement you were whining about.

• Options
    patc.jpg

Hahah

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Metal belt + Gas pump

Hahah

Hopefully that belt is made from static-free metal.

B:L on
  • Options
    I will cheer this thread up!

548636510_medium.jpg

oh god what have i done

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I will fight JDS

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    I will fight JDS

I put a dollar down on dlinfiniti

Don't let me down, make me rich!

• Options
    What's Dan Henderson up to these days? He was guaranteed a title shot at MW and LHW. But he did beat the best HW in the world...

• Options
    [Tycho?] wrote: »

His 3 round HL reel decision win? :P

Yup.

mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    C'mon let's be fair, he pretty much destroyed Nelson, it's not his fault the guy's skull is filled with concrete

Kana on
  • Options
    C'mon let's be fair, he pretty much destroyed Nelson, it's not his fault the guy's skull is filled with concrete

One can only wonder how Arlovski did it.

• Options

One can only wonder how Arlovski did it.

He worked the body more I think. But it only took him a couple seconds if I recall correctly, after the ref stood them up.

mvaYcgc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.