As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    So, apparently, when someone on Twitter says that "Fedor > the UFC" and you mention that Werdum, Bigfoot and Hendo are all in the UFC, that is considered trolling and they block you on Twitter.

Who knew that common sense was trolling? :D

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Truth is the greatest troll of all.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Truth is the greatest troll of all.

brandon-vera.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Todd Duffee killing Neil Grove

http://twitpic.com/96uuvy

Oh Eddie Bravo. What are you doing now?

Eddie Bravo (@eddiebravo)
    4/7/12 11:08 PM
    Combat Jiu Jitsu (CJJ) makes its debut May 20 @ Nokia Center.Grappling w/punches on the ground. Interested fighters email turi@uofmma.com

Eddie Bravo (@eddiebravo)
    4/7/12 11:12 PM
    3 three minute rounds.If 1person is on the ground punches 2head are legal.ItsADCC w/strikes.Check the championship belt lockerz.com/s/199483235

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So it seems Overeem has in fact applied for his Nevada fight licence. So if the panel find him guilty of PED use, then he won't be able to fight for a whole year. Does he have some sort of uberexcuse lined up?

linky

As good as Eddie Bravo is at BJJ, I'm pretty sure he's insane.

Campy on
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    He's not insane, he's just dumb and eccentric

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Guys, I was looking for something like Insanity, but with more douchiness. Do you guys know where...

Hey.

WAITAMINUTE

http://www.youtube.com/user/TapouTXT?v=y-4DVGnBIEE

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    So it seems Overeem has in fact applied for his Nevada fight licence. So if the panel find him guilty of PED use, then he won't be able to fight for a whole year. Does he have some sort of uberexcuse lined up?

linky

He has to have an Ace up his sleeve because he still isn't asking for them to test sample B.

My guess is that he admits to protect steroid use and claims it absolutely wrecked his ability to produce his own testosterone. There will be a doctor there who is prescribing him TRT and will back up his story.

He will then claim that he was not yet licensed to fight and should not have been subject to a random drug test. He will also note that he was unable to apply for an exemption because of it and his levels are now normal.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Protect = previous

also, the NSAC board will look dumb (which they hate) and will still suspend him for 6 months.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    He'd still need a properly-filed waiver, if I understand the rules correctly.

• Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    Todd Duffee killing Neil Grove

http://twitpic.com/96uuvy

Todd "TRT" Duffee wins a match after 3 years!

Mike Russow's KO of him is still the best thing.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    TehSpectre wrote: »

linky

He has to have an Ace up his sleeve because he still isn't asking for them to test sample B.

My guess is that he admits to protect steroid use and claims it absolutely wrecked his ability to produce his own testosterone. There will be a doctor there who is prescribing him TRT and will back up his story.

He will then claim that he was not yet licensed to fight and should not have been subject to a random drug test. He will also note that he was unable to apply for an exemption because of it and his levels are now normal.

he is subject to random drug test though through the terms of his provisional license he had to fight brock after he fucked up that drug test
    in fact he still has one more left to go on that agreement
    NSAC would destroy him if he tried to claim that

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular

linky

Sounds about right, and I hope he gets it too, cos we all knew he was juicing but we still want to see that fight.

• Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

linky

he is subject to random drug test though through the terms of his provisional license he had to fight brock after he fucked up that drug test
    I assumed that only applied to him while he was fully licensed down the line. As of right now his provisional license is expired.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Those wrestling warnings are the classic "HOLY FUCK WE ARE SO RAW"
    ...don't try this at home

They're about as earnest as a tobacco-funded anti-child smoking ad. They don't educate you about anything, they're just to help cover asses from prosecution.

And considering that the victim got choked out at a wrestlemania party, the warnings are clearly not working!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kana wrote: »
    Those wrestling warnings are the classic "HOLY FUCK WE ARE SO RAW"
    ...don't try this at home

They're about as earnest as a tobacco-funded anti-child smoking ad. They don't educate you about anything, they're just to help cover asses from prosecution.

And considering that the victim got choked out at a wrestlemania party, the warnings are clearly not working!

People die in car accidents while wearing their seat belts with airbags installed, the seat belts and air bags are clearly not working!

You're right though. Corporations like the UFC need to earnestly do more.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited April 2012

linky

I assumed that only applied to him while he was fully licensed down the line. As of right now his provisional license is expired.

I'll have to listen to the audio again later to be sure, but cage potato's writeup of that hearing seems to not indicate anything about licensing when administering the two random tests
    "When all was said and done, NSAC officials after deliberating briefly, granted Overeem’s special “conditional license,” as they collectively felt it was “inappropriate” to deny his license request because of the incident. The main condition, besides that his outstanding urine sample come back clean, are that he submit two random drug tests within the next six months as requested by the commission."
    source
    they also felt that the press conference test satisfies the requirements of the agreement
    "As you might remember, after some difficulties keeping to Nevada’s required drug testing late last year, Alistair Overeem was given a license that required he undergo two more random tests from the commission. The surprise one he submitted to yesterday will count as one."
    source

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dear Sirs,

People in here appear to be making image memes mocking other forumers. This is not a thing you will continue to do.

Thank you for your time and understanding,

- Your Humble Overlords.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    B:L wrote: »

As for your facetiousKana comment about links to safety gear needing safety warnings... that's redundant. That's the whole point of safety gear, to protect against injuries and accidents. It's like saying safety goggles need warnings that they do nothingthe user is about to engage in activities that could injure their eyes... or bicycle or motorcycle helmets needing warnings that they could fall and injure their heads. I'm sure the people who BUY safety gear already know this, and are buying the gear specifically to prevent this. Besides, the item descriptions themselves have the safety warning you requested 8->
    A link to show the safety warning and to give you an idea of the original price: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3487202502P?prdNo=18

The posting of sales on safety equipment is itself a warning against practicing martial arts or sparring without it. There are still deplorable people out there who spar people smaller than themselves without any safety equipment and feel proud when they bloody their opponent's nose. I'm hoping that the posting of sale items would encourage people to train smart and train safe.

Please address my specific example of the Korean Zombie discount T-shirt. I believe the Korean Zombie hasn't provided any safety warnings anywhere on it. Why aren't you holding him accountable?

• Options
    B:L wrote: »

As for your facetiousKana comment about links to safety gear needing safety warnings... that's redundant. That's the whole point of safety gear, to protect against injuries and accidents. It's like saying safety goggles need warnings that they do nothingthe user is about to engage in activities that could injure their eyes... or bicycle or motorcycle helmets needing warnings that they could fall and injure their heads. I'm sure the people who BUY safety gear already know this, and are buying the gear specifically to prevent this. Besides, the item descriptions themselves have the safety warning you requested 8->
    A link to show the safety warning and to give you an idea of the original price: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3487202502P?prdNo=18

The posting of sales on safety equipment is itself a warning against practicing martial arts or sparring without it. There are still deplorable people out there who spar people smaller than themselves without any safety equipment and feel proud when they bloody their opponent's nose. I'm hoping that the posting of sale items would encourage people to train smart and train safe.

Please address my specific example of the Korean Zombie discount T-shirt. I believe the Korean Zombie hasn't provided any safety warnings anywhere on it. Why aren't you holding him accountable?

I will not.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In other PED news: http://ht.ly/aalUO

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    fuhgeddabouddit

• Options
    Nice little article on Brock's effect on the UFC and WWE: http://www.headkicklegend.com/2012/4/9/2935439/Brock-Lesnar-WWE-UFC-MMA

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In other PED news: http://ht.ly/aalUO

uh oh gina carano comeback fight vs rhonda for vacated 145 title?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    This man has written down good thoughts on PED use in the UFC:

http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/09/peds-in-mma-the-saga-continues-ufc-18739.html

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

linky

I'll have to listen to the audio again later to be sure, but cage potato's writeup of that hearing seems to not indicate anything about licensing when administering the two random tests
    "When all was said and done, NSAC officials after deliberating briefly, granted Overeem’s special “conditional license,” as they collectively felt it was “inappropriate” to deny his license request because of the incident. The main condition, besides that his outstanding urine sample come back clean, are that he submit two random drug tests within the next six months as requested by the commission."
    source
    they also felt that the press conference test satisfies the requirements of the agreement
    "As you might remember, after some difficulties keeping to Nevada’s required drug testing late last year, Alistair Overeem was given a license that required he undergo two more random tests from the commission. The surprise one he submitted to yesterday will count as one."
    source

I think I have discovered Reem's defence for the appeal.

They never said he had to pass either of the random tests.

Also, re: gif's shitjustgotawww:(

815165 on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Nooo don't do it Bob Sapp!

Seriously, isn't Bob just about the worst possible dude to go against Pudzwaijkdflsjfklzi? You're supposed to dodge around him for 2 minutes until he gasses, but Sapp's never exactly been known as light on his feet.

Of course I suppose that's pretty much the point...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    If it is physically possible to kill Bob Sapp barehanded, I wouldn't be surprised if Pudzianowski actually killed him. I mean, from what I've seen, he has no tank to speak of, and his technique isn't great, but he hits like a fuckin' Mack truck.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I mean, from what I've seen, he has no tank to speak of, and his technique isn't great, but he hits like a fuckin' Mack truck.

You're referring to Sapp with this, right?

Both fighters may seem similar, with the low gas tank and monster strength, but there's a few notable differences. Pudz is classically trained in karate and finishes folks with leg kicks. Sapp is the guy who throws huge meat hooks but goes down at the slightest tap.

It's still a feeding match for Pudz, unless Sapp pulls a miracle and lands a punch ala Ernesto Hoost and Kimo.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I really hope Mark Hunt gets the title shot. That would be the craziest shit since I saw a colour commentator fill in for a fighter that no showed.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Nice little article on Brock's effect on the UFC and WWE: http://www.headkicklegend.com/2012/4/9/2935439/Brock-Lesnar-WWE-UFC-MMA

i

actually watched monday night raw for the first time in perhaps decades that night. because of all of the hype generated from Wrestlemania. Weird.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    LOL everytime I see Rashaad trying to look hard I have flashbacks to him sleeping on his leg next to the fence. Kind of like whenever I see Bisbing circle right I chuckle a bit on the inside.

• Options
    More MMA news for you folks.

The Bellator HW tourney is totally cursed: http://vendettafighter.com/news/cole-konrad-vs-eric-prindle-moved-to-bellator-70/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyYJNC1hyMo&feature=player_embedded

This little bit of news about Frank Trigg has been making the rounds on Twitter today. If any of it is true, then he's a massive scumbag on a Brett Rogers level: http://thedirty.com/2012/04/mma-fighter-frank-trigg-strangles-his-wife-after-eating-lunch-with-her-co-worker/

• Options
    I like how the UFC 145 main event promos aren't focused on which fighters like more, but rather which fighter the fans hate less.

Regarding Frank Trigg...

WHAT THE FUCK. That's horrible. The scary thing is that he seemed like a normal guy in interviews and when he was commentating for fights and EA MMA.

You just never know about people.

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Man I miss Marloes. I want to see her fight again. I'd rather not see her lose an arm against Rhonda though, I actually like Marloes so that wouldn't sit well. And wow what the fuck Frank Trigg.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    that's still not the worst thing he's ever done

have you seen that tramp stamp

• Options
    Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    Also, sucks, just got back in from the chiro, I knocked a rib out of alignment and strained a load of muscles in my back, I'm out for a week. Went for a triangle on a big spastic guy and got folded up a bit on thursday and it had been bothering me since. I made it a point to stick with shit I knew I could manage a bit better and made life suck for him at saturdays class, woke up sunday just miserable and got it checked today. Glad to hear I'm only out a week though.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
This discussion has been closed.