Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Seems we saw this in IPL too; Squirtle does an awesome fucking job repelling terrans and pushing them into their base... but then he doesn't have any forward pylons. He didn't need it this time though, but his forces were kinda on their last leg there.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    ooof, I beat fast chargelot/templar with upgrades woooeeee

that would probably be what I'd define as my post hated build. pure marine ghost, all sniping and shit. felt great.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    welp leenock made that look easy

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh shit Leenock slaughtered him there.

• Options
    that's like exactly the opposite of how you want to play against someone who gets fucking hive so early which leenock does regularly

• Options
    I figured out why I can't be bothered to play SC2.

It's not that I don't enjoy losing, I'm a Java programmer in the insurance industry so I'm very much comfortable with the concept of being a loser.

No, it's that if I play well I may have to play a 40 minute long game, and I'm just too damn lazy to put effort into a game for that long.

• Options
    everyone should just play quake instead

where winning doesn't make you hate yourself anyway

• Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    I figured out why I can't be bothered to play SC2.

It's not that I don't enjoy losing, I'm a Java programmer in the insurance industry so I'm very much comfortable with the concept of being a loser.

No, it's that if I play well I may have to play a 40 minute long game, and I'm just too damn lazy to put effort into a game for that long.

aka the dota effect

• Options
    I understand that squid

I lost a 30+ minute tvz before because I sieged a second too late. made me want to claw my eyes out.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pretty much all my games are won or lost in the first 10 mins or around 25 - 30 minutes

There's no happy middle ground

edit: and these longer games are a real strain on my eyes! :(

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i guess the benefit of waking up at 7 am to work at 8 and then realizing you don't actually work that day is that you get to watch GSL!

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    The way I win most games is by drawing them out to the late game, but it is so boring sometimes and I wish I could learn to actually do a timing attack properly.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I much prefer faster games. Maxing food and upgrades for a big battle takes more time and is less fun.

But I guess at my level there's a lot less harass and trying to get small leads over your opponent.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    just made my keyboard all fancy and checkered

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh hey, the TL Pins are back in stock, if you want to feed eSports and a poorly-conceived product management model.

I did.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    holy fuck

go leenock

big win over mma

• Options
    I just want that keycap

• Options
    mma looked rattled after that 1st game

• Options
    Two more terrans destroyed. Lets hope tomorrow makes a double hat trick.

• Options
    i missed game one

again due to subway related problems

what happened?

• Options
    that's kinda weird

you'd think mma would have faith in his late game multitasking against anyone

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    i missed game one

again due to subway related problems

what happened?

mma tried some kind of marine/scv all-in (looked like http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/8_Marine_SCV_Rush ) that crippled his economy after leenock held it

he tried to transition into macro but leenock responded with a baneling bust and punched through his front line since he only had one bunker with which to defend

• Options
    mma messed up, he took out the nat and should have gone home but instead lost all his scvs and marines

if he just went home he'd have had a better economy and probably won

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    mma messed up, he took out the nat and should have gone home but instead lost all his scvs and marines

if he just went home he'd have had a better economy and probably won

yep

he might've even been able to end it if he'd pushed into the main sooner, but he hesitated and leenock had time to get banes out

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    RedOne wrote: »
    mrinz r 2 gud

Kambing, not sure if you'll catch this, but I've been working hard to not let myself ever have idle larva

I felt like a macro king (MONEY IS SO LOW) until I realized I kept forgetting to make drones. Oops. Should I constantly be checking my saturation on all bases?

Excellent! And yeah, that's right and Dhal's suggestion is also correct. Checking for saturation with spare cycles is a thing pros do constantly, e.g., you can see Idra do it on his stream religiously. Either ctrl-clicking and aiming to see 20 drones (i.e., 2 rows + 4 = 16 drones on minerals, 6 in gas with 2 hidden inside the extractors) or boxing your mineral drones directly works.

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    so
    I lost to a platinum last night
    you know, those 1 base marine/marauder stim pushes
    that you never get in high diamond so I'm not even thinking about it
    he did that, I had just built a round of drones so I was w/o larvae, he snuck around my scouting lings somehow
    #feelinglikejaziek

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    mastman wrote: »
    so
    he did that, I had just built a round of drones so I was w/o larvae, he snuck around my scouting lings somehow
    #feelinglikejaziek

the worst feeling in the (starcraft) world is when you just made a batch of drones, injected, and then notice his all-in army moving out.
    #feelinglikejaziek

• Options
    ImpyrockerImpyrocker Registered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    so
    #feelinglikejaziek

the worst feeling in the (starcraft) world is when you just made a batch of drones, injected, and then notice his all-in army moving out.
    #feelinglikejaziek

I see your mistimed round of drones and raise you one slightly misplaced ff.

1345301-1.png
    Quasi ignis
    Flamma inferno
    Igne cutis
  • Options
    Impyrocker wrote: »
    so
    #feelinglikejaziek

#feelinglikejaziek

I see your mistimed round of drones and raise you one slightly misplaced ff.

At this point I think @Sceptre will raise you Beelzebob the zealot guardsman being off his station by 2 pixels, letting the wave of slings in...

• Options
    almost all protoss mechanics in general. #feelinglikejaziek

nah. Won 7 games in a row today, but thats probably just because my MMR got tanked all the way back down to gold level.

• Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    almost all protoss mechanics in general. #feelinglikejaziek

nah. Won 7 games in a row today, but thats probably just because my MMR got tanked all the way back down to gold level.

switch to zerg... there's no crazy mechanics to worry about there...

• Options
    I find it hard to believe that anything can be as frustrating as missing that crucial FF or not having your zealot on hold when you thought you did. or even accidentally leaving the supply depot down and then LOL SPEEDLINGS and you're dead.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    yeah im not sure anything zerg has compares to that feeling

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

nope, none of those frustrations at all.nothing like trying to block a sling attack in ZvZ with held roaches, only to find one was slightly misaligned. or flying your flock of 20 mutas over a gaggle of marines.

all the races have their issues ...

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

nope, none of those frustrations at all.nothing like trying to block a sling attack in ZvZ with held roaches, only to find one was slightly misaligned. or flying your flock of 20 mutas over a gaggle of marines.

okay, the roach thing i'll grant you

but the flying mutas over marines thing isnt really the same

its not exactly a small mistake to do that.

• Options

okay, the roach thing i'll grant you

but the flying mutas over marines thing isnt really the same

its not exactly a small mistake to do that.

the muta thing is seen at all levels though iDra had a recent bout of it... alright, i need to position them for harass... oops they're gone, why were there marines there?

There are frustrations everywhere with every race. missing an FF is very apparent, but missing a couple of cycles of injects is just as deadly. There's no practical way to wall off a zergs base (and the ways you can require very early creep spread), so scouting Z is much easier than the other races.

but the biggest, absolute craziest to deal with is the drone/army decision... those 10 lings that you didnt need can really snowball into getting fucked in a very uncomfortable place, like the back of a volkswagon.

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    So...I am embarassed to ask...but what is the proper response to a zerg stealing your nat when you're trying to ffe? Not that it happened to me or anything...it's totally for a friend...

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    So...I am embarassed to ask...but what is the proper response to a zerg stealing your nat when you're trying to ffe? Not that it happened to me or anything...it's totally for a friend...

Tell him to remember the manner evo chamber as discussed in MMMig's "Confusion Spells 101 and having fun doing it" pamphlet.

If he's a 2nd year, then make sure that his manner spine crawlers are well positioned.

For the advanced students, if he only puts down a single creep tumor then he's not going to pass the final.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular

Two canons is usually what you would commit to stopping that. Unless you get really flustered you will come out ahead. What the zerg will probably do is cancel his hatchery as soon as your second canon finishes, if not, use the canons to try and kill the hatch, then snipe the larvae. If you are FFE'ing he should never really be able to get the hatch up and producing units in your natural, so long as your second canon placement is good enough you should be fine.